Opening response window in main window open event...

I'm opening a response window in a main windows open event. The halts all
further processing in the main windows open event until the response window
is closed. However, this seems to alter the callstack so that the
selectionchanged events in tab-pages on the main window is fired *before*
the script following the open() function is executed!

I can't figure out whether this is a bug or Windows default behaviour...

PB 9.0.1, Windows XP 5.1.2600

TIA
Andre

Want code? Got code: ....

type w_main from window (main!)

    event open;
    open( w_resp ) // <-- Breakpoint
    return // <-- Breakpoint

    type tab_1 from tab within w_main
    type tabpage_1 from userobject within tab_1

        event selectionchanged;
        boolean b_break
        b_break = true // <-- Breakpoint

type w_resp from window (response!)

--
2.-)

0
Andre

You're seeing default behavior.  You want to move the messagebox call
to some point after the open event is complete (try posting an event
and calling the messagebox from there).

On 9 Sep 2003 02:22:26 -0700, "Andre" <a02t03ATbblDOTnoSPAM> wrote:

>I'm opening a response window in a main windows open event. The halts all
>further processing in the main windows open event until the response window
>is closed. However, this seems to alter the callstack so that the
>selectionchanged events in tab-pages on the main window is fired *before*
>the script following the open() function is executed!
>
>I can't figure out whether this is a bug or Windows default behaviour...
>
>PB 9.0.1, Windows XP 5.1.2600
>
>TIA
>Andre
>
>Want code? Got code: ....
>
>type w_main from window (main!)
>
>    event open;
>    open( w_resp ) // <-- Breakpoint
>    return // <-- Breakpoint
>
>    type tab_1 from tab within w_main
>    type tabpage_1 from userobject within tab_1
>
>        event selectionchanged;
>        boolean b_break
>        b_break = true // <-- Breakpoint
>

>type w_resp from window (response!)

Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
http://www.teamsybase.com

Two new books on developing with PowerBuilder
http://www.pb9books.com?source=newsgroups

Need code sample?  Check out CodeXchange:
http://www.codexchange.sybase.com

ISUG Enhancement Requests
http://www.isug.com/cgi-bin/ISUG2/submit_enhancement

http://www.needhim.org
0
Bruce
9/9/2003 1:53:18 PM
I guess the pbm_open event is fired in response to PB's own processing of
the wm_create notification? In that case it makes sense...

Unfortunately the PB docs comes a bit short on subjects like these...

--
2.-)

"Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]" <NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com>
wrote in message news:rgmrlvs5vvbtce1lr7obgrpc2cm4g3vbo6@4ax.com...
> You're seeing default behavior.  You want to move the messagebox call
> to some point after the open event is complete (try posting an event
> and calling the messagebox from there).
>
> On 9 Sep 2003 02:22:26 -0700, "Andre" <a02t03ATbblDOTnoSPAM> wrote:
>

> >I'm opening a response window in a main windows open event. The halts all
> >further processing in the main windows open event until the response
window
> >is closed. However, this seems to alter the callstack so that the
> >selectionchanged events in tab-pages on the main window is fired *before*
> >the script following the open() function is executed!
> >
> >I can't figure out whether this is a bug or Windows default behaviour...
> >
> >PB 9.0.1, Windows XP 5.1.2600
> >
> >TIA
> >Andre
> >
> >Want code? Got code: ....
> >
> >type w_main from window (main!)
> >
> >    event open;
> >    open( w_resp ) // <-- Breakpoint
> >    return // <-- Breakpoint
> >
> >    type tab_1 from tab within w_main
> >    type tabpage_1 from userobject within tab_1
> >
> >        event selectionchanged;
> >        boolean b_break
> >        b_break = true // <-- Breakpoint
> >

> >type w_resp from window (response!)
>
> Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
> http://www.teamsybase.com
>
> Two new books on developing with PowerBuilder
> http://www.pb9books.com?source=newsgroups
>
> Need code sample?  Check out CodeXchange:
> http://www.codexchange.sybase.com
>
> ISUG Enhancement Requests
> http://www.isug.com/cgi-bin/ISUG2/submit_enhancement
>
> Preach the gospel at all times. If necessary, use words. - Francis of
Assisi
> http://www.needhim.org

0
Andre

How to open main window as response window
Hello, I have main window with master data (customers) which I open with opensheet(.......) function. Now I would like open the same window as response window that user could select customer and return selection in parent window. Regards Tomaz I would create a new window inherited from the main window and change the type to Response. You'll probably want to add a couple command buttons and script as well. Mike "Toma� Kralj" <tomaz@soft4you-sp.si> wrote in message news:4300fba4@forums-2-dub... > Hello, > > I have main window with m...

window.open and window.opener
Sorry for a really dumb post. I am not a scripting person... I find the whole thing a bit strange really with losely coupled types ect...Anyway, I am putting together a ASP.NET v2 application. One of the pages I am planning on implementing a link to open a pop-up window. In this popup window, the user will select the location of somthing, the window close and the value returned back to one of the parent browsers controls. I know this is not rocket science and I have done endless searches to try and find the answer. I am loading up the page and passing in the ClientID of the control I wish to...

opening response window from response window
Hi! When I open response window from response window in PB 10.2 new response window get focus. But when I do this in PB 8.04 focus stays in first response window and is not posible to change it. Any help? I like this functionality in PB 10.2 and I would like to know if it posible to make it work in PB 8.04. Regards Tomaz It sounds more like some coding problem rather than PB8. Are you sure you're not running some code in timer event of the calling window or something that may occur there after the second response window is called? Just a guess though... ...

PB9 CRASH
the pb9 application crash, when i a new window (windowtype response) in the open event from a sheet window opened! the pb8 has not this effect happen! cu sven pleissner Try replacing the open with a postevent( "ue_new_event" ) and placing the open in the "ue_new_event" code. This will allow the open event complete and the sheet be displayed with the response window on top of the sheet. "Sven Plei�ner" <sven.pleissner@sql-gmbh.de> wrote in message news:usTsfeETDHA.346@forums-2-dub... > the pb9 application crash, when i a new wi...

buttons on main window disappears when response window opens
Im working in PB9. I have a button on a datawindow which user can click to open a response window with detail info. When the response window opens the buttons on the main window disappears? Also I created a composite report datawindow. It keeps giving me a blank horizontal page 2, I've looked at my imbedded reports and made sure everything is inside the print preview lines - still no luck! There is probably some code that is making the buttons disappear. I would search the whole workspace for that button control. If it doesn't work then recreate that window. Try rec...

Open a new window with window.open()
Hi, =20 in our web application, we try to open a popup-window with window.open(). But instead of opening a new window, a new tab is opened. =20 In the SeaMonkey preferences, we configured it, to open new links in a new tab. With firefox, we had the same preferences, but when window.open() was called, a new window was opened.=20 How can we configure SeaMonkey, so that it has the Firefox behavior when calling window.open() ? =20 Thanks in advance. =20 =20 =20 Artur Zeiler schrieb: > Hi, > > in our web application, we try to open a popup-window wi...

window.open and window.opener problem
 Hi,I have written the following javascript to pop up a windowIn the parent page: function PreMail()     {       window.open("http://localhost:2704/WebSite3/popup1.aspx","popup1","height=50,width=300,left=500,top=400,status=no,toolbar=no,menubar=no,location=no");    }  and the button:<asp:Button ID="bt1" runat="server" OnClick="Button1_Click"  OnClientClick="PreMail()" Style="left: 45px;         &...

maximize a window opened by window.open()
hi I want to allow the user to maximize the window opend by window.open() method sued in a ajax update panel ScriptManager.RegisterClientScriptBlock(this.UpdatePanel1, this.UpdatePanel1.GetType(), "NewClientScript", "window.open('help.aspx?','Report', 'width=500,height=400 ,top=210,left=505, scrollbars=yes');", true); Just have a look for this link it will give you all details in window.open() http://www.javascript-coder.com/window-popup/javascript-window-open.phtml   ...

opening new window other than window.open
is there any other way of opening a new window... aside from window.open? window.open has a memory leak so i want to prevent using it as much as possible.Alvin ShihSoftware DeveloperMCP MCTS MCPD Hi window.showmodaldialog() but supports only IE....   Regards Suresh Kumar Goudampally Why dont you avoid pop up windows all together and use an iframe that is positioned over the content? Eric Pascarello.com | Twitter epascarello | LinkedIn Hi,Try Target="_blank" N.P.SenthilSoftware Engineer  Link buttons targer property is set to "_blank"...

window.open to open very small window
Hi, in Loggedoutmsg.aspx i am just writing- "YOU HAVE LOGGED OUT"newwin=window.open('Loggedoutmsg.aspx','Congrats',"location=0,status=0,scrollbars=0,width=300,height=1");  I want to open window just to show this line. But the window which gets opened by above code has hight more than necessary. Even when i specified height=1,its size not decreasing to show just one line .How can i do this? Please Mark the post as "ANSWER" if it helps you Answered here: http://forums.asp.net/t/1308177.aspx NC...   Heres something fro...

Is there a problem opening a response window from a response window?
We have a modal (response) window that is calling a second modal(response) window. Until we migrated to XP, this did not appear to be a problem. Now that a majority of our users have migrated to XP, the second response window **sometimes** freezes. It almost appears as if when the second response window is opened, that the first response window is closed and any choices the users try for closing that second response window are not performed, making it appear that the second response window is frozen. When this occurs and the users try to alt-tab to close the app it isn't found....

how can I use window.opener but with window.showModalDialog instead of window.open
Hi, I tried the code bellow that I found in  :  4guysfromrolla site:the code displays a source page, whn I click on the Calendar <a href />  link  i get a calendar displayed on a target page. when I select a date, the calendar page closes and populates the textbox txtDate with the chosen date. Here is the code of the 2 pages and my question is down bellow:a source page called frmCalendar.aspx has this:<form name="frmCalendar">   <input name="txtDate" type="text" />   <a href=&q...

window.open() opens new window
Firefox 19.0 Windows XP Pro SP-3 Example site URL: http://www.pcconnection.com/ (I've hit this problem at many sites, however.) Firefox is configured (enabled) as: Tools -> Options -> Tabs "Open new windows in a new tab instead" = Enabled Presumably this means when a page tries to open a new window (another instance of the web browser) that instead a new tab will appear in the current window. Works that way in IE8 (when "Always open popups in a new tab" is enabled). Go down the page and click on the "Site Help" link. What I get...

open a window from a response window
Hi: I have a button in a response window, when user click this button, I open a window , its type is main window, this window is the active window, it can response for mouse and keyboard. when I switch to the response window , I can't switch to this window again until I close the response window. How do I open a window from a response window and the two windows can switch to each other? simon Unfortiunately, you can't -- this is a standard Windows behavior. Response windows are designed to be application modal, i.e., not allow any other processing in the application ...

Web resources about - Opening response window in main window open event... - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Rational Response Squad - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The reason for the suspension was due to Uri Geller claiming that Rational Response Squad had infringed his copyrights when posting a video featuring ...

NATO response to Paris attacks would not require Canada to act
Whether France will ask for a NATO response to the attacks in Paris is an open question. But even if the alliance did invoke NATO's Article 5, ...

Grieving husband gives ISIS the best response we’ve seen so far
... However, that’s not the right path to take, and a French man who lost his wife, the mother of his 17-month-old boy, wrote a riveting response ...

A hashtag about why people still use Facebook is trending on Twitter and some of the responses are hilarious ...
The hashtag " IStillFacebookBecause " took over Twitter Wednesday, with nearly 20,000 tweets boosting it into the social network's "trending" ...

Civil rights leaders, police spar over Minneapolis protest response
Contrasting responses show strong emotion surrounding the death of Jamar Clark, 24, shot in the head during confrontation with two officers

Could France’s response to attacks boost its economy?
France’s President Francois Hollande has declared the country “at war” with Islamic State terrorists – but what are the likely economic consequences? ...

The Right Response To Terrorism
A blindfolded man in Paris stood near one of the site hit by terrorists a week ago and asked for hugs. The response was heartwarming, human, ...

NBA Center Has Hilarious Response To Getting Dunked On Into Eternity
If you can't laugh at yourself, then how can you laugh at anything else?

Mom texts trooper son’s phone after his death — and gets an amazing response
COLORADO A mother mourning her young son is receiving comfort in an unexpected way. KUSA reports that Carole Adler's son, Taylor Thyfault, 21, ...

Yamaha introduces rapid response police bike
Yamaha introduces rapid response police bike