OLE Control - PB equivalent to VB's 'SET' and 'LOADPICTURE'

I'm attempting to load a .bmp image into an OLE object using
PowerBuilder 11.1.  The OLE ActiveX is AddFlow5 and I am using it to
graphically represent links between entities - people, organisations,
addresses, vehicles, telephones, etc.

Documentation for AddFlow5 gives an example in VB script to load the
relevant 'picture' into a node, ie,

SET node.picture = LOADPICTURE("C:\images\person.bmp").

I cannot find a suitable equivalent in PB 11 to either 'SET' or to
'LOADPICTURE'

The developer of AddFlow suggested I try:

OLEObject uo
uo = Create OLEObject
li_Ret = uo.ConnectToObject("c:\picture.gif")
node1.Picture(uo)

The return value shows the picture loaded to the OLE object, uo,
(wouldn't work for a bitmap)
but I get a runtime error on reaching node1.Picture(uo) of
"Error calling external object function picture at line ..."

I've also tried loading a .bmp picture into a BLOB but, again, the
routine fails on "node1.Picture(lblb_picture)", this time with the
runtime error of "Invalid parameter type calling external object
function
picture at line ...".

Assigning either the blob or ole value with an equal sign, in keeping
with the document loadpicture example, gives the error "Type mismatch
accessing external object property picture at line ..."

I've used PB's object browser to look for functions etc in the OLE but
could not find anything
that appeared suitable.

(PB does have a 'loadpicture' function but that is for a PB InkPicture
control and does not work with AddFlow)
0
CallRunner

PowerBuilder doesn't have an equivalent function.  What I've been able
to do is use an ImageList control to load the image and then use that
to supply the image to an ActiveX control.

On Fri, 11 Apr 2008 19:01:35 -0700 (PDT), CallRunner
<bill.beale@optusnet.com.au> wrote:

>I'm attempting to load a .bmp image into an OLE object using
>PowerBuilder 11.1.  The OLE ActiveX is AddFlow5 and I am using it to
>graphically represent links between entities - people, organisations,
>addresses, vehicles, telephones, etc.
>
>Documentation for AddFlow5 gives an example in VB script to load the
>relevant 'picture' into a node, ie,
>
>SET node.picture = LOADPICTURE("C:\images\person.bmp").
>
>I cannot find a suitable equivalent in PB 11 to either 'SET' or to
>'LOADPICTURE'
>
>The developer of AddFlow suggested I try:
>
>OLEObject uo
>uo = Create OLEObject
>li_Ret = uo.ConnectToObject("c:\picture.gif")
>node1.Picture(uo)
>
>The return value shows the picture loaded to the OLE object, uo,
>(wouldn't work for a bitmap)
>but I get a runtime error on reaching node1.Picture(uo) of
>"Error calling external object function picture at line ..."
>
>I've also tried loading a .bmp picture into a BLOB but, again, the
>routine fails on "node1.Picture(lblb_picture)", this time with the
>runtime error of "Invalid parameter type calling external object
>function
>picture at line ...".
>
>Assigning either the blob or ole value with an equal sign, in keeping
>with the document loadpicture example, gives the error "Type mismatch
>accessing external object property picture at line ..."
>
>I've used PB's object browser to look for functions etc in the OLE but
>could not find anything
>that appeared suitable.
>
>(PB does have a 'loadpicture' function but that is for a PB InkPicture
>control and does not work with AddFlow)

0
Bruce

''''''''''''''''''''

'''''

'do' won't 'do' if '/'

'''

'IN' Clause or 'OR'
Hello, [1]: select * from TABLEA where COL1 IN('value1','value2''valu3'....) [2]:select * from TABLEA where COL1 = 'value1' OR COL1= 'value2' OR COL1='valu3'. TABLEA is a huge table and it has non-clustered index on COL1. Among the above 2 queries, which query will give me the better performance or fast response and WHY? What is the difference between 'IN' and 'OR' clauses as for as Sybase Optimization is concerned. Which is the better one to be used on huge tables. Thanks. Mac An IN list is treated ...

'or' or 'union'

'b'..'a'

'Error Creating Control' ... 'true' could not be set on property 'ShowRadioButtons'
I have created a custom control which inherits from a compositeControl. Its all works well in the browser but when I show it in the design mode I geta gray box with the following message Error Creating Control - GroupPicker1'true' could not be set on property 'ShowRadioButtons'. The Property is a fairly standard get and set Public Property ShowRadioButtons() As Boolean            Get                Return rowRadioButtons.Visible  &nbs...

'To', 'CC', & 'BCC'
Name: Dick Tracy Email: philipdottracyatoptusnetdotcomdotau Product: Thunderbird Summary: 'To', 'CC', & 'BCC' Comments: I have just started using Thunderbird and while I find it quite excellent- I suggest having a button to add addressees to 'BCC' as well. Currently each 'BCC' addressee has to be selected manually. I send e-mail to quite a number of people at a time and I do not wish to readily spread others addresses easily. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.6) Gecko/20070725 Firefox/2.0....

'Value' should be between 'minimum' and 'maximum'.
I'm attempting to invoke with parameters:  Dim thing2 As New mydelsubPBStep(AddressOf pbStep) Me.Invoke(thing2, "setMax", dt.Rows.Count)      <---- this is where the error occurs   the delegate looks like this: Private Delegate Sub mydelsubPBStep(ByVal mode As String, ByVal value As Integer)   the function it's calling looks like this:Private Sub pbStep(ByVal mode As String, ByVal value As Integer) Select Case mode.ToLower Case "clear" ProgressBar1.Value = 0 Case "step" ProgressBar1.PerformStep() L...

EXEC sp_msforeachtable 'sp_spaceused ''?'''
What does the following SQL code mean?  EXEC sp_msforeachtable 'sp_spaceused ''?'''Johan TheunissenMCPD, MCSE, MCTS BizTalk 2006==============================Please mark the most helpful reply/replies as "Answer". JohanNL:sp_msforeachtable This is the name of the SP that resides in the master database.  This SP executes one or more commands for a table. JohanNL:sp_spaceused This is the command that you want to run for each of the tables residing in your current database.  As you might have understood so far, that this is again a...

It's the fastest ''firefox'' i've ever had!!!:)
Name: Blagovest Email: blago_944atabvdotbg Product: Firefox Summary: It's the fastest ''firefox'' i've ever had!!!:) Comments: I's a great product!I'm really amazed! Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1b1) Gecko/20081007 Firefox/3.1b1 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

What's the difference between 'Build' and 'Publish'
Greetings....this subject might belong in one of the Visual Studio forums but it's so danged noob-sque.... I'm particularly confused by the 'Precompiled' term in the Publish operation. I'm interested in the path of least resistance between my VS project and my public IIS webserver. thx--steve...  Build means creating the assembly of the project ( .dll or .exe file) wich contains MSIL and a manifest file. When you publish your project u just produce the structure of your folder without producing a .dll file when you want to deploy your Web Project. ...

Web resources about - OLE Control - PB equivalent to VB's 'SET' and 'LOADPICTURE' - sybase.powerbuilder.general