ODBC Text Driver

I need to connect thru ODBC with datasource of .txt.
I got this error 'Could not find installable ISAM' when
trying to connect.
I search Google, but cannot find the driver that I need.
Would someone please help.  I am running PB9
TIA.
0
Julie

Which driver are you trying to use.  Both the MS and PB Merant/Intersolv
ODBC text drivers work.

--
Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
http://www.pb9books.com

<Julie> wrote in message news:466fe7de.7977.1681692777@sybase.com...
>I need to connect thru ODBC with datasource of .txt.
> I got this error 'Could not find installable ISAM' when
> trying to connect.
> I search Google, but cannot find the driver that I need.
> Would someone please help.  I am running PB9
> TIA.

0
Terry

ODBC TExt Limit using INTERSOLV Text driver
I am using the INTERSOLV text driver to access my 'database' of text files which were pipelined successfully from Sybase with no errors. I have a field containg a datawindow syntax which is approx 32000 bytes. Using Retrieve() to access this field, truncates it at approx 4000 bytes. Is there a limit on the length of VARCHAR fields using ODBC Text driver? If so, is it configurable? Thanks for any help. Most DBMSs support only 2000 or 4000 characters for Varchar fields. The ODBC datatype is SQL_VARCHAR. Jim O'Neill, any suggestions? -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSy...

ODBC driver for text files
I defined data source INTERSOLV ODBC for Text Files. I made pipeline piping data from "ordinary" data source (Sybase native driver) to this text data soure. Unfortunately when I try to execute it I got comunicate that destination database (text file) is read only. This same I got using DataManipulation from DataBase painter. But when I try do do this writing a script in DB Administrator it works OK. Does anybody have an idea why? PZ Hi Piotr, Text ODBC drivers are for readonly purposes. Not for writing textfiles. HTH -- - Eric Aling [TeamPS], Cypres Informat...

Microsoft ODBC text driver...
What is the Microsoft ODBC text driver? When I use the ODBC data source administrator on my nt workstation to add a new data source there is a entry called microsoft odbc text driver shown as a choice for the new datasource odbc driver. Does this mean that I can use a text file as a database? If so can I do this over a network? Thanks in advance, -Dave Arnold ...

Microsoft Text Driver and Powerbuilder
Has anyone used it? I need to write a project that parses a tab delimited file and does some back end processing to ASA. Can I use a datastore? How do I connect? Any help appreciated. tia, chance. IMHO, I would just create a datawindow that mimics the columns of the tab-delimited file and import it using the importFile() function of either a datawindow control (if you want to see the imported data), or a datastore. After the data is imported, do your processing. BTW, I've never been able to get the Text driver to work. Larry "Chance" <chance@booklog.c...

text ODBC driver crashes
Hi everybody! I'm running PB 5 on Windows 95, and the Intersolve text ODBC driver crashes on disconnect. If I don't do a disconnect, then it crashes when the program ends its running. It does everything well, but this is an ugly bug at the end. What csan I do? Konya Laszlo Konya, First, make sure you're on the latest release of 5 - 5.04. I've not had this trouble with the text driver, so it may actually be originating somewhere else in the program. Check the usual things - objects that you've created but not destroyed, orphaned objects, invalid API call...

Oracle 7.3 ODBC driver cannot be found in the ODBC driver list
I have the Oracle 7.3.4 database installed on my NT laptop (as well as PowerBuilder 6.0 - Desktop version). I installed the Oracle ODBC drivers when I installed the database. But, I cannot see the Oracle ODBC driver as an installed driver in the ODBC configuration screen. I have verified that the ORANT\bin directory is in my system path. I have also seen in the registry (Local Machine\Software\ODBC\ODBCINST.INI\ODBC Drivers) that the Oracle 73 Ver 2.5 driver is installed. NOTE: My hard drive is partitioned into 2 partitions (C & D). C:\ has my system files and NT and D:\ h...

Y2K COMPLIANT ODBC TEXT DRIVER
I need to upgrade PB Intersolv Text Driver, version 2.12 to version 3.11. I'm trying to locate the driver on Sybase's web site which says it can be found at: ftp://psaft.sybase.com/pub/private/pbpatch/ODBC/pbtxtdrv.zip However, when I select the hyperlink to that file I get a message "the file cannot be found." Can someone direct me to the correct location, please? Calvin, It's psaftp.sybase.com and the directory is lowercase: 'odbc' not ODBC. Try this link: ftp://psaftp.sybase.com/pub/private/pbpatch/odbc/pbtxtdrv.zip Jim O'Neil Sybase...

PostgreSQL ODBC driver and TEXT fields
Using D2007 I am attempting to access a field of type TEXT in a PostgreSQL 8.3 database. I have set the TextAsLongVarChar option of the ODBC driver but text fields are not treated as LongVarChar. Has anyone found a solution to this problem? -- Bill Todd (TeamB) Hello Bill > are not treated as LongVarChar. Has anyone found a solution > to this problem? May be just use 3d party dbExpress or other data access components. -- With best regards, Dmitry Arefiev AnyDAC Team RemObjects Software The Infrastructure Company http://www.remobjects.com ...

Merant ODBC Driver for Text files
Hello all; I've updraged an app from PB7.0.2 to PB8.0.1 which has connections to Oracle 8.0.3 and fixed text files (*.csv and tab separated). In the development environment, connection DSN and profile is OK. But when deployed to client machines which has no PB8 installed, this app can't connect to the *.txt files. The files deployed to client machines (Windows 98): - app executable and runtimes - PB runtimes (PBVM and others) - Merant ODBC driver (pbtxt15.dll) - *.reg files for setting up ODBC DSN and driver which merged into client registry. - Text files sources a...

PB ODBC Text Driver in Win2000
Dear ALL, I'd like to Use MS ODBC Driver to retrieve Text files via PB 7.0.2 under Window 2000. When I create the System DSN, the following error dialogue displayed when defining "column". ================================================================== Fail to save table attributes of (null) into (null) ================================================================== I ignored the error and continue creating the ODBC Profile for the Text DSN in Database Painter. When I try to access the table info or reading rows for the Text file, the following errors occurs...

ASA-ODBC text driver problems
Hello, Here is my version info: ASA Version: 9.0.2.2451 Win XP Pro SP1 MS ODBC Text Driver 4.00.6019.00 VS.NET 2003--C# .net 1.1.4322 I'm trying to open a connection to a Text (CSV) source using the Microsoft Text ODBC Driver. Should ASA be able to handle that? If so, I'm wondering what I need to know about opening such the connection. Here's the code I'm trying. It shows two different scenarios, with the location it crashes at and the error it throws. So the first scenario won't open the connection. When I put ";uid=dba;pwd=sql" as part of t...

Y2K COMPLIANT ODBC TEXT DRIVER
I'm trying to locate PB Intersolv Text Driver version 3.11. Sybase's web site says it can be found at: ftp://psaftp.sybase.com/pub/private/pbpatch/ODBC/pbtxtdrv.zip However, when I select a hyperlink to that file I get a message the file cannot be found. Can someone direct me to the correct location? ...

PB ODBC Text Driver in Win2000
Dear ALL, I'd like to Use MS ODBC Driver to retrieve Text files via PB 7.0.2 under Window 2000. When I create the System DSN, the following error dialogue displayed when defining "column". ================================================================== Fail to save table attributes of (null) into (null) ================================================================== I ignored the error and continue creating the ODBC Profile for the Text DSN in Database Painter. When I try to access the table info or reading rows for the Text file, the following errors occurs...

Powerbuilder 11, DataDirect ODBC-Driver
Are the DataDirect ODBC drivers part of the Powerbuilder 11 installation? How can i add the PB DataDirect ODBC drivers to an existing powerbuilder 11 installation? No they are not included. Technically speaking you are not licensed to use the previously supplied DataDirect drivers with PowerBuilder 11. If you need those drivers specifically, you'll have to purchase them separate from PowerBuilder. On 30 Sep 2007 11:31:52 -0700, "Yan" <yan.xu@gmx.de> wrote: >Are the DataDirect ODBC drivers part of the Powerbuilder 11 installation? >How can i add ...

Web resources about - ODBC Text Driver - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Driver's license - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A driver's license/licence or driving licence is an official document which states that a person may operate one or more types of motorized vehicles, ...

Near miss for truck driver after snapping gum tree at Magill - AdelaideNow Search Search
THE DRIVER of a prime mover escaped without injury after his truck snapped a large gum tree, sending it crashing on to its bonnet and bringing ...

Mandurah crash: Seizure sees driver run through three fences and into a house
A driver was lucky to escape serious injury after he had a seizure which caused him to crash his car through three fences and into a house in ...

WA bushfires: Major detour in place for Perth to Busselton drivers due to Waroona fire
&#8203;Drivers between Perth and Busselton face sizeable detours because of bushfires threatening Waroona and Preston Beach.

Major detour in place for Southbound drivers due to Waroona fire
Drivers heading south from Perth towards Bunbury and Busselton - including the weekend's Southbound Festival - face sizeable detours because ...

Conan, Kevin Hart and Ice Cube teaching a student driver is a beautiful disaster
... Conan decided to give back to his hard-working staff by helping Diana Chang, a member of the Team Coco digital team, prepare for her driver's ...

Seattle Councilmember O'Brien: Power dynamic between Uber, drivers is out of balance
Seattle is the first city in the U.S. to give Uber drivers the right to form a union, but whether that actually happens might be up to the courts. ...

Old driver's license? You can still fly for 2 more years
Passengers from five states and American Samoa would have had to use their passports as identification at airports due to federal law

Illinois air travelers win reprieve for use of driver's licenses at airports
Chicago Tribune Illinois air travelers win reprieve for use of driver's licenses at airports Chicago Tribune Illinois air travelers won a ...

Goldman on 2016 market driver
Look for this one factor to be the main market force, chief global equity strategist Peter Oppenheimer tells CNBC.