ODBC error by connect

I created a local Database (Sybase). When I run my application by Power
Builder, I manage to connect and access the Database, but when I run the
application without Power Buider, or of the executable, it show me mistake
message: "999DBMS ODBC is not supported in your current instalation". How
can I solve this problem?
0
John_O

PBODBxx.dll is not installed or on the path.

/ck

<John_O'brien> wrote in message
> I created a local Database (Sybase). When I run my application by Power
> Builder, I manage to connect and access the Database, but when I run the
> application without Power Buider, or of the executable, it show me mistake
> message: "999DBMS ODBC is not supported in your current instalation". How
> can I solve this problem?

0
Chris

ODBC error: external error, while testing an ODBC connection to an ASE server
"The connection failed because of invalid or missing external configuration data." Does this have to do with the configuration of OCS-12_0 or the ocscfg.exe? Running ocscfg.exe, I've set the "SYBASE:" directory to "C:\sybase" but it doesn't seem to like it when I set the "Sybase_OCS:" to "C:\sybase\OCS-12_0". I don't know if this is related. Another idea - on the install I chose "No" to updating the msvcrt.dll (the MS C Runtime) because I've seen that hose a system before. Is this file safe to overwrite and ca...

HELP: Microsoft Query "General odbc error" connecting to ASE 15.0.3
Greetings, I'm trying to connect MSQRY32 - 12.0.6532 SP2 MSO to ASE15.0.3ESD#1 (8K pages) using ODBC on XP SP3, using ASE 15.00.00.325 2008/08/14 ODBC driver The System ODBC connection was created with defaults. Checking ASE, I can see successful login connection select @@pagesize sp_odbc_server_info select db_name() sp_odbc_tables The I get an error on MSQRY32 - "General odbc error" Any idea how to fix this? Thanks in Advance. Alberto > Greetings, > > I'm trying to connect > MSQRY32 - 12.0.6532 SP2 MSO to > A...

[connect error] Interbase Connect Error
In ODBC connect test is successfully.. but in PowerBuilder 6.5 Database Profiles is displayed error message.. Error Message is SQLSTATE = 40001 [Easysoft][Interbase]Dynamic SQL Error, SQL error code = -91, feature is not supported What means this message? Now I use PowerBuilder 6.5 & Interbase 5.6... Just I choose - Profile Name - Data Source --> This is ODBC DNS..(user DNS) - User ID - Password Does it need more? ...

ODBC Connection error using IIS 5 and MS Access ODBC
Completely new at this so please forgive my ignorance! I have an app running on IIS 5 and 6 that when connecting to a SQL Db (via ODBC) app runs fine; however when switching to a local MS Access Db, application fails, generating the following message: "<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>   FAIL - ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Disk or network error. ERROR [IM006] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Disk or network error.</string&...

PowerBuilder ODBC error
Hello: I've recently migrated our database to ASA 9 to SQL Anywhere 11 and I got some ODBC error from PB5. I heard that if we add a section for SQL Anywhere in PBODB050.ini, the problem will be resolved. Does anybody know exactly what is required to add in PBODB050.ini, I got the first section but I don't know about changes in WATCOM_SPECIALDATATYPES. Please help. Thanks Richard Hi Richard; You should really upgrade to PB 11.5 or higher to fully compliant with SA11 or higher. Regards ... Chris President: OSUG / STD Inc. Blog: http://chrispollach.blogspot.com ...

ODBC Connection Errors
I have been reading the Sybase.com support site and have come up with a seemingly common problem which I am experiencing. I am using a VB6 application to talk to Sybase system 10 (Version 10.0.3T4) via ODBC (DAO360) but am getting the following error message: "[INTERSOLV][ODBC SQL Server driver][SQL Server]ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Library operation terminated due to disconnect." The error is intermittent as some connections succeed whereas others do not! Does anyone know what this means or can anyone offer a solut...

ODBC Connections with PowerBuilder
This is actually a follow up to my previous "PB5.0 Connection to Watcom DB." We upgraded the PB libraries to 5.0.04 and were able to solve the "The allocation of the connection handle failed" problem. However, the "The command extension block could not be allocated" still happens when: 1) Start a PB application with an ODBC connection and leave it running. 2) Start and end a second PB application with an ODBC connection. 3) Repeat step 2 24 times. 4) When the second app is started the 25th time we get the "The command extension block could not ...

ODBC Connection Error
Can anyone help me out? I have an app that I created in PB 6.5 that connects to an MS Access database. The first problem I had was that the last connection made to the database was the only one allowed to do any updating to the database. I had to work around that one. Any help there would be greatly appreciated. The next problem I had was after I plcaed the .exe and the database in a folder on a server so everyone could get to it. I have no problem connection and neither does a few other people who were helpin me test. The problem comes about when the end user tries to use i...

ODBC Connection error
I have been given a SQL Anywhere database (version 5.5) and I am trying to connect to it via the Microsoft OLEDB Provider for ODBC and the supplied ODBC driver. I am getting an error which is not too surprising given the age of the ODBC driver (build 5.05 from Ocober 1997). My question is: Is there a more recent ODBC driver that I can get hold of from somewhere? In desparation, I've tried the latest one from Sybase for ASE (version 4.10.0000) but this doesn't seem to want to know. I am new to SQL Anywhere and I'm not sure if it is still being supported/developed....

Connecting ODBC error
Hi, Now i'm using power builder 6.5. and connect with MSsql 2000, but when i connect as ODBC the problem will occur, that massage is SQLSTATE = S1003 [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Program type out of range how i solve it, Thank u from, tan Update to 6.5.1 with the latest EBF. /ck "btckns" <btckns@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:6NB1YtfBCHA.200@forums.sybase.com... > Hi, > Now i'm using power builder 6.5. and connect with MSsql 2000, > but when i connect as ODBC the problem will occur, that massage is SQLSTATE > = S1003 ...

ODBC Connect Error
Hello, I have developed an application in PB 6.0. It has compiled successfully. The application connects to the SQL Anywhere database without any problems in the development environment, but will not connect in the distributed environment. Below is the error that I am receiving. Any help would be greatly appreciated. DB Error Code: 999 DB Error Text: DBMS ODBC is not supported in your current installation. I have installed the Sybase SQL Anywhere software directly from the installation diskettes provided with PB 6.0. I have also created an entry for the DSN in the control ...

ODBC Connection Error
Good Day! We're having a problem with our deployment for NV comoponents deployed as COM components in COM+. There are deployments where in we can't view chinese characters which was retrieve from a datastore in a COM component created in PB 8.0.1. But there are instances where in the deployment is OK. I've included all files the help file is saying are needed for deployment of a COM component. I tried to retrieve the data using select * from table in PB using odbc connectin for SQL Server. With this maybe im having some problem with my odbc setup or i was not av...

ODBC Connection Error
Hi, I have an oracle database server, and many clients who want to connect to it.Error during the connection (after CONNECT USING sqlca;) : "An error occured, yet no message was returned by the database driver." My connection is well configured (SQL*NET8 installed on the client computer), ODBC for Oracle Driver installed, and this connection code : sqlca.DBMS = "ODBC" sqlca.DBParm="ConnectString='DSN=ccbpprod;UID=ALTAIR;PWD=ALTAIR',DelimitIdentifier='No'" Any idea of the problem ??? Thanks Steve Which version of the net8 cl...

Web resources about - ODBC error by connect - sybase.powerbuilder.general

First Capital Connect - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
( FCC ) is a British train operating company , owned by FirstGroup , operating the Thameslink Great Northern franchise . FCC operates passenger ...

Connect
mobile photography technology, culture and community www.dpreview.com News Reviews Features Phones Tablets Cameras Apps Forums Mobile photography ...

CloudCraze Connects Consumers To Facebook Brands Via Cloud Technology
Brands on Facebook are always looking for new, efficient ways to connect with customers . CloudCraze, which recently released its 3.0 e-commerce ...

Apple celebrates App Store records as it notes iTunes Connect’s usual holiday break
Apple has posted the dates of the usual holiday shutdown of iTunes Connect , running for eight days from 22 to 29 December inclusive. During ...

FishbowlNY Newsstand: Connect The Dots
FishbowlNY Newsstand: Connect The Dots

Apple announces Dec. 22-29 holiday closing dates for iTunes Connect
Apple has announced the dates for the annual holiday shutdown of iTunes Connect. As in the previous year , Apples developer portal is scheduled ...

IFTTT gains support for Honeywell Total Connect Comfort with new channel
... creative ideas to make this even better and one of those is home automation. With that in mind, IFTTT is unveiling its Honeywell Total Connect ...

Hillary Clinton connects with Latina voters - Business Insider Deutschland
Clinton is building a targeted campaign infrastructure aimed at Latinas.

App connects seniors across the globe
The start-up behind the app raised $1 million in its first six months and has grown to serve a global user base of 25,000.

Crave giveaway: 128GB SanDisk Connect Wireless Stick
Win a $99.99 compact storage device for the mobile era that has its own Wi-Fi network built right in. Can't beat that for a Black Friday deal. ...