ODBC Connection Error

Hi,
I have an oracle database server, and many clients who want to connect to
it.Error during the connection (after CONNECT USING sqlca;) :

   "An error occured, yet no message was returned by the database driver."

My connection is well configured (SQL*NET8 installed on the client
computer), ODBC for Oracle Driver installed, and this connection code :

sqlca.DBMS = "ODBC"
sqlca.DBParm="ConnectString='DSN=ccbpprod;UID=ALTAIR;PWD=ALTAIR',DelimitIdentifier='No'"

Any idea of the problem ???
Thanks
Steve
0
Steve

Which version of the net8 client / Oracle ODBC driver.  Oracle's ODBC driver
are flaky and don't always adhere to the ODBC APIs.  You might want to turn
on tracing at the ODBC level to see what call is generating the error.
Adding the dbparm block=1 might also get you around the error, e.g.:
sqlca.DBParm="ConnectString='DSN=ccbpprod;UID=ALTAIR;PWD=ALTAIR',DelimitIden
tifier='No',Block=1"

--
Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post.

<Steve> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I have an oracle database server, and many clients who want to connect to
> it.Error during the connection (after CONNECT USING sqlca;) :
>
>    "An error occured, yet no message was returned by the database driver."
>
> My connection is well configured (SQL*NET8 installed on the client
> computer), ODBC for Oracle Driver installed, and this connection code :
>
> sqlca.DBMS = "ODBC"

sqlca.DBParm="ConnectString='DSN=ccbpprod;UID=ALTAIR;PWD=ALTAIR',DelimitIden
tifier='No'"

> Any idea of the problem ???
> Thanks
> Steve

0
Terry

ODBC error: external error, while testing an ODBC connection to an ASE server
"The connection failed because of invalid or missing external configuration data." Does this have to do with the configuration of OCS-12_0 or the ocscfg.exe? Running ocscfg.exe, I've set the "SYBASE:" directory to "C:\sybase" but it doesn't seem to like it when I set the "Sybase_OCS:" to "C:\sybase\OCS-12_0". I don't know if this is related. Another idea - on the install I chose "No" to updating the msvcrt.dll (the MS C Runtime) because I've seen that hose a system before. Is this file safe to overwrite and ca...

HELP: Microsoft Query "General odbc error" connecting to ASE 15.0.3
Greetings, I'm trying to connect MSQRY32 - 12.0.6532 SP2 MSO to ASE15.0.3ESD#1 (8K pages) using ODBC on XP SP3, using ASE 15.00.00.325 2008/08/14 ODBC driver The System ODBC connection was created with defaults. Checking ASE, I can see successful login connection select @@pagesize sp_odbc_server_info select db_name() sp_odbc_tables The I get an error on MSQRY32 - "General odbc error" Any idea how to fix this? Thanks in Advance. Alberto > Greetings, > > I'm trying to connect > MSQRY32 - 12.0.6532 SP2 MSO to > A...

[connect error] Interbase Connect Error
In ODBC connect test is successfully.. but in PowerBuilder 6.5 Database Profiles is displayed error message.. Error Message is SQLSTATE = 40001 [Easysoft][Interbase]Dynamic SQL Error, SQL error code = -91, feature is not supported What means this message? Now I use PowerBuilder 6.5 & Interbase 5.6... Just I choose - Profile Name - Data Source --> This is ODBC DNS..(user DNS) - User ID - Password Does it need more? ...

ODBC Connection error using IIS 5 and MS Access ODBC
Completely new at this so please forgive my ignorance! I have an app running on IIS 5 and 6 that when connecting to a SQL Db (via ODBC) app runs fine; however when switching to a local MS Access Db, application fails, generating the following message: "<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>   FAIL - ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Disk or network error. ERROR [IM006] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Disk or network error.</string&...

ODBC Connections with PowerBuilder
This is actually a follow up to my previous "PB5.0 Connection to Watcom DB." We upgraded the PB libraries to 5.0.04 and were able to solve the "The allocation of the connection handle failed" problem. However, the "The command extension block could not be allocated" still happens when: 1) Start a PB application with an ODBC connection and leave it running. 2) Start and end a second PB application with an ODBC connection. 3) Repeat step 2 24 times. 4) When the second app is started the 25th time we get the "The command extension block could not ...

Connection Error in ODBC
I have the next error: [SYBASE][ODBC Sybase driver][Sybase] ct_connect()> user api Layer: Client Library error: error string not available. The Sybase Client is 12.0 and the Server is 12.0. The S.O. is Windows 2000 or XP ..... Can send me anything... for this problem..!!!!!!! Thanks... Sergio_Blanco wrote... > I have the next error: > > [SYBASE][ODBC Sybase driver][Sybase] ct_connect()> user api Layer: Client > Library error: error string not available. > > The Sybase Client is 12.0 and the Server is 12.0. > The S.O. is Windows 2000 or X...

ODBC Connection Errors
I have been reading the Sybase.com support site and have come up with a seemingly common problem which I am experiencing. I am using a VB6 application to talk to Sybase system 10 (Version 10.0.3T4) via ODBC (DAO360) but am getting the following error message: "[INTERSOLV][ODBC SQL Server driver][SQL Server]ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Library operation terminated due to disconnect." The error is intermittent as some connections succeed whereas others do not! Does anyone know what this means or can anyone offer a solut...

PowerBuilder ODBC error
Hello: I've recently migrated our database to ASA 9 to SQL Anywhere 11 and I got some ODBC error from PB5. I heard that if we add a section for SQL Anywhere in PBODB050.ini, the problem will be resolved. Does anybody know exactly what is required to add in PBODB050.ini, I got the first section but I don't know about changes in WATCOM_SPECIALDATATYPES. Please help. Thanks Richard Hi Richard; You should really upgrade to PB 11.5 or higher to fully compliant with SA11 or higher. Regards ... Chris President: OSUG / STD Inc. Blog: http://chrispollach.blogspot.com ...

ODBC Connection error
I have been given a SQL Anywhere database (version 5.5) and I am trying to connect to it via the Microsoft OLEDB Provider for ODBC and the supplied ODBC driver. I am getting an error which is not too surprising given the age of the ODBC driver (build 5.05 from Ocober 1997). My question is: Is there a more recent ODBC driver that I can get hold of from somewhere? In desparation, I've tried the latest one from Sybase for ASE (version 4.10.0000) but this doesn't seem to want to know. I am new to SQL Anywhere and I'm not sure if it is still being supported/developed....

Connecting ODBC error
Hi, Now i'm using power builder 6.5. and connect with MSsql 2000, but when i connect as ODBC the problem will occur, that massage is SQLSTATE = S1003 [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Program type out of range how i solve it, Thank u from, tan Update to 6.5.1 with the latest EBF. /ck "btckns" <btckns@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:6NB1YtfBCHA.200@forums.sybase.com... > Hi, > Now i'm using power builder 6.5. and connect with MSsql 2000, > but when i connect as ODBC the problem will occur, that massage is SQLSTATE > = S1003 ...

ODBC Connect Error
Hello, I have developed an application in PB 6.0. It has compiled successfully. The application connects to the SQL Anywhere database without any problems in the development environment, but will not connect in the distributed environment. Below is the error that I am receiving. Any help would be greatly appreciated. DB Error Code: 999 DB Error Text: DBMS ODBC is not supported in your current installation. I have installed the Sybase SQL Anywhere software directly from the installation diskettes provided with PB 6.0. I have also created an entry for the DSN in the control ...

Web resources about - ODBC Connection Error - sybase.powerbuilder.general

The Direct Connection

Is There A Connection Between Patrick Murphy's Over-The-Top Corruption And His Campaign Emails?
The DCCC may be stupid or even very stupid (as well as utterly incompetent) but their e-mail strategy is very well-planned out. Their overarching ...

Cross-cultural Connections and Exchange: international study is more important than ever
... And, as a minority of ill-intentioned individuals and groups do their best to create divides, we need citizens equipped to create connections ...

Connection And Collaboration In the Cloud
Forbes technology editor Bruce Upbin deconstructs the cloud and maps its potential to your life.

Mali arrests 2 in connection with deadly hotel attack
Mali arrests 2 in connection with deadly hotel attack