ODBC connect to Access database fails [Microsoft] [ODBC Driver Manager] Program Type out of Range

I was connecting and updating an Access97 Database OK.
Office2000 was installed by our Help Desk and now I get the error

SQLSTATE = S1003
[Microsoft] [ODBC Driver Manager] Program Type out of Range

I tried creating an New ODBC entry with a newly created MSAccess database
but got the same error.

Any Help Appreciated

0
Snookyt

I remember having this error also.

What i did to solve it was the following

-click the database painter
-you get a list of all tables of your current db
-press cancel button
-change your connect in File/connect to the correct db.

HTH
John
0
John
5/16/2002 1:10:43 PM
Which PB version/build?

--
All views expressed in this message are my own and not necessarily those of
my employer

"Snookyt" <Snookyt@Yhoo.com> wrote in message
> I was connecting and updating an Access97 Database OK.
> Office2000 was installed by our Help Desk and now I get the error
>
> SQLSTATE = S1003
> [Microsoft] [ODBC Driver Manager] Program Type out of Range
>
> I tried creating an New ODBC entry with a newly created MSAccess database
> but got the same error.
>
> Any Help Appreciated

0
Simon
5/16/2002 1:40:46 PM
This is well documented error in this newsgroup.

The answer is to go to PB 6.5.1 with the latest EBF. Any error related to
"SQLSTATE = S1003
[Microsoft] [ODBC Driver Manager] Program Type out of Range" is almost
always in PB 6.5.

/ck

"Snookyt" <Snookyt@Yhoo.com> wrote in message
> I was connecting and updating an Access97 Database OK.
> Office2000 was installed by our Help Desk and now I get the error
>
> SQLSTATE = S1003
> [Microsoft] [ODBC Driver Manager] Program Type out of Range
>
> I tried creating an New ODBC entry with a newly created MSAccess database
> but got the same error.
>
> Any Help Appreciated

0
Chris
5/16/2002 2:00:01 PM
Upgrading to PB6.5.1 actually has a side-effect that fixes the problem. The
real problem is an outdated MDAC driver which needs to be updated. The
PB6.5.1 upgrade does include the newer MDAC. You might be able to find just
the driver on the Microsoft website as well.

"Chris Keating" <fight_spam_keating@ianywhere.com> wrote in message
> This is well documented error in this newsgroup.
>
> The answer is to go to PB 6.5.1 with the latest EBF. Any error related to
> "SQLSTATE = S1003
> [Microsoft] [ODBC Driver Manager] Program Type out of Range" is almost
> always in PB 6.5.
>
> /ck
>

> "Snookyt" <Snookyt@Yhoo.com> wrote in message
> > I was connecting and updating an Access97 Database OK.
> > Office2000 was installed by our Help Desk and now I get the error
> >
> > SQLSTATE = S1003
> > [Microsoft] [ODBC Driver Manager] Program Type out of Range
> >
> > I tried creating an New ODBC entry with a newly created MSAccess
database
> > but got the same error.
> >
> > Any Help Appreciated

0
Bug
5/16/2002 2:32:26 PM
There was also a fix, AFAIK. The application of the updated MDAC is only a
partial solution.

/ck

"Bug" <fenterbug@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Upgrading to PB6.5.1 actually has a side-effect that fixes the problem.
The
> real problem is an outdated MDAC driver which needs to be updated. The
> PB6.5.1 upgrade does include the newer MDAC. You might be able to find
just
> the driver on the Microsoft website as well.
>

> "Chris Keating" <fight_spam_keating@ianywhere.com> wrote in message
> > This is well documented error in this newsgroup.
> >
> > The answer is to go to PB 6.5.1 with the latest EBF. Any error related
> > "SQLSTATE = S1003
> > [Microsoft] [ODBC Driver Manager] Program Type out of Range" is almost
> > always in PB 6.5.
> >
> > /ck
> >

> > "Snookyt" <Snookyt@Yhoo.com> wrote in message
> > > I was connecting and updating an Access97 Database OK.
> > > Office2000 was installed by our Help Desk and now I get the error
> > >
> > > SQLSTATE = S1003
> > > [Microsoft] [ODBC Driver Manager] Program Type out of Range
> > >
> > > I tried creating an New ODBC entry with a newly created MSAccess
> database
> > > but got the same error.
> > >
> > > Any Help Appreciated

0
Chris

[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Program Type out of Range
I am getting an error when tried to connect PB6.5 with Microsoft Access 97.The error shown is SQLSTATE = S1003 "[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Program Type out of Range" This is even coming when i tried to get the datawindow -> preview. Please give us an urgent reply... Senthil. Senthil wrote: > I am getting an error when tried to connect PB6.5 with > Microsoft Access 97.The error shown is > > SQLSTATE = S1003 > "[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Program Type out of Range" > > This is even coming when i tried to get the dat...

[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Program type out of range
I am using PB 6.5, management won't allocate PB 8.0 yet. Nonetheless, I was using the driver pbodb60.dll for ODBC to connect to MS Access 97. No problem until my company upgraded to MS Access 2000. I receive the following error: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Program type out of range. Is there an updated driver I can use with PB 6.5 to connect to Access 2000 ? Thank you in advance for any assistance. That was resolved in an EBF for 6.5. You should be able to get that from the sybase.com site. On 1 Jul 2004 12:43:25 -0700, Matt M wrote: >I am using PB 6.5, manage...

SQLSTATE = S1003 [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] program type out of range
For PB 6.0, to connect informix. i was using Informix Client SDK 2.30 driver and upgraded to IBM Informix Client-SDK 3.50 driver. On fetching from datawindow, exception throws like "Select error SQLSTATE = S1003 [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] program type out of range" Can some one please help. If you can get any link for solution, it would be much helpful. Thanks in advance. You are running 6.5.1 right? PB changed to a newer ODBC compliance level in the PB6 cycle and that would trigger this error. Other possible causes are if there were new datatypes added into in...

ODBC: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager]
What courses this error(s)? Please help I. 2010-05-19 14:44:24. <Main> Local file for remote synchronization logs: 'mlsrv.mle' E. 2010-05-19 14:44:24. <Main> [-10002] Consolidated database server or ODBC error: ODBC: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified (ODBC State = IM002, Native error code = 0) On 5/19/2010 2:47 PM, Nancy Jones wrote: > What courses this error(s)? > Please help > > I. 2010-05-19 14:44:24.<Main> Local file for remote > synchronization logs: 'mlsrv.mle' &g...

[ODBC Driver Manager] Program type out of range and OLE language problem
I have developed an application which uses a Acess97 database. It works properly in the PB development environment. But after I compiled it on the same machine, it always returned the following error message if data were retrieved from the database: Select error SQLSTATE=S1003 [Microsoft] [ODBC Driver Manager] Program type out of range. I don't know what's the meaning about it. My OS is Windows98. Even the simple SQL select statement didn't work. I suppose the reason is based on the ODBC driver because when I changed the database to informix, the compiled code worke...

[...]

I have developed an application which uses a Acess97 database by PB6.0. It works properly in the PB development environment. But after I compiled it on the same machine, it always returned the following error message if data were retrieved from the database: Select error SQLSTATE=S1003 [Microsoft] [ODBC Driver Manager] Program type out of range. I don't know what's the meaning about it. My OS is Windows98. Even the simple SQL select statement didn't work. I suppose the reason is based on the ODBC driver because when I changed the database to informix, the compiled ...

{System.Data.Odbc.OdbcException: ERROR [25000] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Failed to enlist on calling object's transaction
Hi All I am using Enterprise Library 3.1 to connect MySQL database with the help of MySQL ODBC driver 5.1. Following is connection string <add name="MySQLConnect" connectionString="Driver={MySQL ODBC 5.1 Driver};server=127.0.0.1;database=MySQLDatabase;user=testUser;option=3" providerName="System.Data.Odbc"/> Everything works fine with this driver except the transaction. Following transaction code always throws an error. {System.Data.Odbc.OdbcException: ERROR [25000] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Failed to enlist on calling object's transa...

[IM006] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed
hi all,  I am getting this error "[IM006] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed", I am uing XP,and SP3 packs. The main Prob is the same code is running on one system...when i run in other system it is giving this error....   thanks murthy    Thanks & Regards,Murthy. Hi murthysrn, I don't know what's your connection string, but I recommend you to check it again and ensure it's correct. You may take a look at the connection strings samples in this link: http://www.connectionstrings.com/ Also, pleas...

ERROR [IM006] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed
I am Building my first ASP.Net login page and I get the following error when I attemptto access a MS Access database file.  ERROR [IM006] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Data.Odbc.OdbcException: ERROR [IM006] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failedSource Error: Line 64: 'Calls Data...

ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file '(unknown)'. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to
Hello all, I'm a newbie in ASP. I wrote a C# app to access an MS Access database placed in the c:\inetpub\wwroots\databases folder. Everything works fine. When I am trying to access the same database through my ASP web application, I keep on getting: "ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file '(unknown)'. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data.\r\nERROR [IM006] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed\r\nERROR [HY000] [Microsof...

ERROR [IM006] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed #2
Hi All,       I am getting this Error  When I am connecting to Remote System DSN Connection.Can I have the solution to this Error?  Thanks & Regards,Murthy. Your connection string is probably wrong try something like this... "mySystemDSN;Uid=myUsername;Pwd=myPassword"Hope that helps  Techie (.Net Knowledge at its Best)We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.::: Winston Churchill ::: How does your connection string look like?Mark replies as answers if they helped you solve the problem. murthysrn: ...

Connection to Access query works in developer envir, but not on the web <OleDbException (0x80004005): ODBC--connection to 'ODBC' failed>
I am VERY frustrated with a seemingly simple problem.  I am creating a gridview in VWD (express or studio), then connecting to a query within an Access Database.  The results of the query display without problem in the developer envirornment, but simply will not display when copied out to the website.  The ODBC connection that the Access Database is using fails even on the local machine.  I have spent fruitless hours looking at all security settings in IIS and the effected folders.  I could re-write all the access queries in SQL and connect to the server direct...

Web resources about - ODBC connect to Access database fails [Microsoft] [ODBC Driver Manager] Program Type out of Range - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Microsoft Corporation

Microsoft Cloud Partner - Home

Microsoft Hohm Service Discontinuation
Microsoft-Hohm discontinuation message