Novell sqlanywhere server

We have a 16 bit Win 3.1 Powersoft application using
Sqlanywhere Novell

Since we upgraded to Novell 4.1 we get "cannot find language dll" when
we go
to execute program.

Everthing worked find under Novell 3.11

Suggestions?

0
jand

Reinstall SQL Anywhere or copy all the files from the old server to the new
server.  There is a bug in 5.5.04 that can cause a problem with DirectFS.
There is an EBF available but you must contact Tech Support to get it.
1-800-8-Sybase.

For further support please post SQL Anywhere questions in the
Sybase.Public.SQLAnywhere.General newsgroup.

--
Jim Egan [TeamPS]
Dynamic Data Solutions http://www.dyn-data.com

jand@intsolco.com wrote in message <36589836.20DABCEE@intsolco.com>...
>We have a 16 bit Win 3.1 Powersoft application using
>Sqlanywhere Novell
>
>Since we upgraded to Novell 4.1 we get "cannot find language dll" when
>we go
>to execute program.
>
>Everthing worked find under Novell 3.11
>
>Suggestions?

0
Jim

sqlanywhere and sqlanywhere server
Currently i am using sqlanywhere and powerbuilder tool as my system development. And i am developing a standalone system. Let say, if i want to migrate my standalone system to client-server system, how do i do that? I heard that i need to have sqlanywhere(server engine) to deploy my system as client-server system. If so, do i need to install sqlanywhere(server engine) into window NT or just normal pc(treat as server). For client-server system, do i need to install sqlanywhere server at server and sqlanywhere client as normal pc where my program is installed? Could someone tell me where...

shutdown SQLAnywhere Server from Powerbuilder
Is it possbile to shutdown the SQLAnywhere server from within a Powerbuilder application? I would like the SQLAnywhere shutdown when the last connection from client app is broken. Any advice would be really appreciated. ...

novell sqlanywhere server and windows client
We have a 16 bit Win 3.1 Powersoft application using Sqlanywhere Novell Since we upgraded to Novell 4.1 we get "cannot find language dll" when we go to execute program. Everthing worked find under Novell 3.11 I think the answer I already provided in the PB General newsgroup will work. Otherwise please continue the thread here. -- Jim Egan [TeamPS] Dynamic Data Solutions http://www.dyn-data.com Houston, TX jand@intsolco.com wrote in message <36589BD5.3F6CB619@intsolco.com>... >We have a 16 bit Win 3.1 Powersoft application using >Sqlanywhere Nov...

Novel server to server replication
I wonder how is the best way to set up and run replication between 3 Novel Netware servers, can anyone give me some good advices ? Here are some more information about the case... One server is located on a shore office (Novel 5.1) the two other servers is located on two vessels (Novel 4.11.00) sayling world wide. The users on all the 3 sites are running Novel Groupwise 5.5 as their email system. Each site has a Groupwise post office, which will send/receive mail with other post offices every 8 hours (3 times each day), via satellite system "Inmarsat B". All clients ...

detack novell server from Novell client
Hi, Does it have easy to detach all novell server in Windows? rather than right-click the 'N' icon, Novell Connections, select server to detach. Does it have command line to do so? use 'N' icon take a long time. Thanks/lywwing -- lywwing ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Use the good old logout command. logout /? gives you the usage options. HTH -- W. Prindl lywwing wrote: > >Hi, >Does it have easy to detach all novell server in Windows? rather than >right-click the 'N' icon, Nov...

Blank novell message from Novell Server
We are continually receiving a blank novell message on client PC (Winxp) from the Novell Server 6.5.The broadcast is blank & only have the title "Message from Server:". Thanks, Rgds, ASC -- ahleiasg ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Ahleiasg, > We are continually receiving a blank novell message on client PC (Winxp) > from the Novell Server 6.5.The broadcast is blank & only have the title > "Message from Server:". If you see that all the time, then try looking at the actual broadcast pa...

how access a novell server from win2000 server ??
Hi! I have a LAN Netware 5.0 and I have a user in a LAN with Win2000 Server.. both platforms are in the WAN. I need that user can access the vol sys of the netware 5.0 by IP ... how ???? sfa_sq@baja.gob.mx wrote: > I need that user can access the vol sys of the netware 5.0 by IP ... Just install the NetWare client on the server? -- Jim NSC Sysop ...

Connecting PowerBuilder 6.5 with an Oracle 7.3 Database in a Novell Netware 3.12 Server
Ladies and Gentlemen: I didn't know if some of you have these problem, but I solve this one in a simple way. We have two servers in our company, one is a Windows NT Server and other is our Novell Netware 3.12 Server. Right know, our clients are accesing the data from the Netware 3.12 to the NT Server, but our clients are using in line the systems developed in PowerBuilder 4.0 Also we are migrating from PB 4.0 to PB 6.5 (How a jump), but we need the connection with the 3.12 server to recompile all our functions and so on.... I just update the Netware Client from Windows wi...

communicate novell server to windows 2003 server
Hi i have Novell Server running how would i make that communicate to a windows 2003 server which ill be using as a client workstation for testing purposes. And on which computer do i install the administrator products like console one can i install it on windows 2003 server. You will need to install the Novell Client on the server. I suggest the 4.9sp2 version from download.novell.com Once the client is on the Win server you can install and use ConsoleOne. -- Timothy Leerhoff Novell Support Forum Volunteer Sysop > You will need to install the Novell Client on the server. ...

How to make application log into the SQLAnywhere server on the server
Hello, SQL Anywhere server runs on the server machine along with the application. The ODBC handle is configured such that it calls dbeng50.exe. Most of the time, my application connects to the server. But, sometimes, for unknown reason, it runs a standalone SQLAnywhere and connects to it. (Both the server and applications are usually started together.) When that happens, dbserver does not seem to accept connections from other clients running on other PCs either. Please advise what I can do to insure that the application connects to the server, not to the standalone engine. ...

Novell Server Consolidation and migration server toolkit
--____XPUILAYRRPULWQEOIKON____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, We are upgrading a server with a post office running on it. We plan to = use the Novell Server Consolidatation and migration toolkit version = 8.1.508.15. Has anyone tried this with a server with a POA running on it. = In the past, we re-installed the agent for a new server. The plan is to keep the IP addess the same. Any items we should look for? = Any gotchas? --____XPUILAYRRPULWQEOIKON____ Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="____TVUQ...

Removing a novell 5 server from a Novell 6 Tree
I have a mixed tree and I want to remove the finally novell 5 server for good. Can someone direct me to the right TID to do this or the steps required. It's doesn't hold the master replicate but it does hold a read/write. It's also the time server for the tree. I can find a few TIDs on removing a 4 server but nothing on a 5/6 server or mixed setup. regards, Randy , > I can find a few TIDs on removing a 4 server but nothing on a 5/6 server or > mixed setup. > Procedure is the same. - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE NSC Volunteer Sysop...

migration from novell 4.11 servers to W2K servers
Hello , I'd like to know if existing a technical documentation or a web site, that explain, how migrate novell servers to W2k servers. Thanks jkd. > how migrate novell servers to W2k servers. Novell documentation on how to migrate from Novell to Windows ? Yeah, check with Microsoft. -- Edison Ortiz Novell Support Connection SysOp (No Email Support, Thanks !) >I'd like to know if existing a technical documentation or a web site, >that explain, how migrate novell servers to W2k servers. > I would really doubt you would find that on ...

Access Novell Server thru Windows Terminal server
Hi, Please advise how to setup my terminal server running in a Windows 2003 server enviroment to my Novell server running Netware 5.1. Please help.. Thanks, Dennis Dennis P. Fitzgerald wrote: > Hi, > > Please advise how to setup my terminal server running in a Windows 2003 > server enviroment to my Novell server running Netware 5.1. Please help.. Just install client32 on terminal server as you would any other client. -- Andy Thompson Novell Product Support Forum SysOp (No email support, thanks.) ...