Need help with bmp files in 2 apps with common pbls need help displaying in both apps

I have 2 PB applications.  App1 and App2.  They have pbls that are common
to both.  These pbls contain objects with bitmaps on them.  App1 is in the
App1 directory and App2 is in the App2 directory.  EACH DIRECTORY HAS THE
SAME PBLS IN IT.

The shared objects were developed in App1.  When specifying the bitmaps
there, it seems only the name was needed and not the full path.  However
when App2 uses the same window as App1, the bitmaps do not appear!

What can I do to get the objects that are common to both apps to display a
bitmap in either app?

Thanks

Jerry OBrien
0
Jerry
8/21/2001 8:04:56 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.general 62418 articles. 11 followers. Follow

Rae you using a .PBR file to build the 2 apps?

--
<hopethishelps />
Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase]

"Jerry OBrien" <o'brienje@oru.com> wrote in message
> I have 2 PB applications.  App1 and App2.  They have pbls that are common
> to both.  These pbls contain objects with bitmaps on them.  App1 is in the
> App1 directory and App2 is in the App2 directory.  EACH DIRECTORY HAS THE
> SAME PBLS IN IT.
>
> The shared objects were developed in App1.  When specifying the bitmaps
> there, it seems only the name was needed and not the full path.  However
> when App2 uses the same window as App1, the bitmaps do not appear!
>
> What can I do to get the objects that are common to both apps to display a
> bitmap in either app?
>
> Thanks
>
> Jerry OBrien

0
Roy
8/21/2001 8:23:41 PM
I am using one now but the problem seems to be in just editing one window
that is shared from App2 when it was created in App1.  First in App1 I
enter the full path to the bmp then take the path specific path out of the
reference leaving just the bmp name.  It still appears in App1 but when I
edit this same window in App2, the graphic will not display.

Thanks for your response
0
Jerry
8/22/2001 1:28:15 PM
Referencing the bmp with only the file name and including the file name in
the psr is good practice.

The bmp file needs to be in the same directory as the pbls when you build
the executable. This may mean you  need to maintain two copies of the bmp as
well as two copies of the object :-(

Jerry OBrien wrote in message ...
>I am using one now but the problem seems to be in just editing one window
>that is shared from App2 when it was created in App1.  First in App1 I
>enter the full path to the bmp then take the path specific path out of the
>reference leaving just the bmp name.  It still appears in App1 but when I
>edit this same window in App2, the graphic will not display.
>
>Thanks for your response

0
Jerry
8/22/2001 2:54:19 PM
True! My last project had a single developer <GR>.

Similar concept but yours is the right method with multiple developers..

/ck

"Paul Horan[TeamSybase]" <paulhATvcisolutionsDOTcom> wrote in message
> That's a good approach, until some developer works on drive D, and others
> are on drive C.  Hardcoding anything is asking for trouble...  Here's what
> we do.
> Create a folder that contains all the images/icons/cursors for both
> projects.  Let's assume it's at a sibling level with the App1 and App2
> folders. So, there's C:\whatever\app1, c:\whatever\app2, and
> C:\whatever\images.
> Now, when you drop an image into the app, use a relative path to the
file --
> replace the "C:\whatever" with two dots "..".  That way, both app1 and
app2
> will see "..\images\mypic.bmp" in exactly the same location, and it
doesn't
> matter what drive letter this is all done on.
>
> The PBR file for each application can be in that app's root folder, and
> needs to reference the resources in exactly the same way.  One folder of
> images, shared by all applications (we have 23 at last count), with
> individual PBR files for each app.
>
> Paul Horan[TeamSybase]
> Buffalo, NY
>
> "Chris Keating" <keating@iAnywhere.com> wrote in message
> > You also need to match the full path in the IDE to that in the PBR. So
if
> > the path is unqualified, that is the problem. Here is what I have done
for
> > recent project...
> >
> > 1) Create a directory to store the image files
> > 2) Fully qualify the path and file name in APP1 and APP2. I assume that
> the
> > shared objects are in shared PBL that is included in both library search
> > paths so you only need to change it once.
> > 3) Include the fully qualified path and filename in the PBR
> > 4) Build APP1 and APP2
> >
> > /ck
> >
> > "Jerry Siegel" <jerrys@data-sci.com.NOSPAM> wrote in message
> > > Referencing the bmp with only the file name and including the file
name
> in
> > > the psr is good practice.
> > >
> > > The bmp file needs to be in the same directory as the pbls when you
> build
> > > the executable. This may mean you  need to maintain two copies of the
> bmp
> > as
> > > well as two copies of the object :-(

> window
> > the

0
Chris
8/22/2001 5:02:24 PM
You also need to match the full path in the IDE to that in the PBR. So if
the path is unqualified, that is the problem. Here is what I have done for a
recent project...

1) Create a directory to store the image files
2) Fully qualify the path and file name in APP1 and APP2. I assume that the
shared objects are in shared PBL that is included in both library search
paths so you only need to change it once.
3) Include the fully qualified path and filename in the PBR
4) Build APP1 and APP2

/ck

"Jerry Siegel" <jerrys@data-sci.com.NOSPAM> wrote in message
> Referencing the bmp with only the file name and including the file name in
> the psr is good practice.
>
> The bmp file needs to be in the same directory as the pbls when you build
> the executable. This may mean you  need to maintain two copies of the bmp
as
> well as two copies of the object :-(
>
> Jerry OBrien wrote in message ...
> >I am using one now but the problem seems to be in just editing one window
> >that is shared from App2 when it was created in App1.  First in App1 I
> >enter the full path to the bmp then take the path specific path out of
the
> >reference leaving just the bmp name.  It still appears in App1 but when I
> >edit this same window in App2, the graphic will not display.
> >
> >Thanks for your response

0
Chris
8/22/2001 6:45:42 PM
That's a good approach, until some developer works on drive D, and others
are on drive C.  Hardcoding anything is asking for trouble...  Here's what
we do.
Create a folder that contains all the images/icons/cursors for both
projects.  Let's assume it's at a sibling level with the App1 and App2
folders. So, there's C:\whatever\app1, c:\whatever\app2, and
C:\whatever\images.
Now, when you drop an image into the app, use a relative path to the file --
replace the "C:\whatever" with two dots "..".  That way, both app1 and app2
will see "..\images\mypic.bmp" in exactly the same location, and it doesn't
matter what drive letter this is all done on.

The PBR file for each application can be in that app's root folder, and
needs to reference the resources in exactly the same way.  One folder of
images, shared by all applications (we have 23 at last count), with
individual PBR files for each app.

Paul Horan[TeamSybase]
Buffalo, NY

"Chris Keating" <keating@iAnywhere.com> wrote in message
> You also need to match the full path in the IDE to that in the PBR. So if
> the path is unqualified, that is the problem. Here is what I have done for
> recent project...
>
> 1) Create a directory to store the image files
> 2) Fully qualify the path and file name in APP1 and APP2. I assume that
the
> shared objects are in shared PBL that is included in both library search
> paths so you only need to change it once.
> 3) Include the fully qualified path and filename in the PBR
> 4) Build APP1 and APP2
>
> /ck
>
> "Jerry Siegel" <jerrys@data-sci.com.NOSPAM> wrote in message
> > Referencing the bmp with only the file name and including the file name
in
> > the psr is good practice.
> >
> > The bmp file needs to be in the same directory as the pbls when you
build
> > the executable. This may mean you  need to maintain two copies of the
bmp
> as
> > well as two copies of the object :-(
> >
> > Jerry OBrien wrote in message ...
> > >I am using one now but the problem seems to be in just editing one
window
> > >that is shared from App2 when it was created in App1.  First in App1 I
> > >enter the full path to the bmp then take the path specific path out of
> the
> > >reference leaving just the bmp name.  It still appears in App1 but when
> > >edit this same window in App2, the graphic will not display.
> > >
> > >Thanks for your response

0
Paul

Pls help...Citrix app calls Powerbuilder app
There is a Citrix application. User enters his credentials through Citrix login page and once passed, gets PowerBuilder app Icon to click on. On clicking on the icon, it opens a PowerBuilder application login screen for login details again. My requirement is to bypass the PowerBuilder login screen and directly lead the user to the next page/window post login screen in PowerBuilder app. My question is the user credentials are passed in Citrix app. How do I get to capture the user login details that was passed in Citrix, within my PowerBuilder app. Do i need to use Active directory her...

App needs to open other app (dev help)
Hi there, I have this app, which needs to open another app, and minimize the current = app. Its like you have a link to the app and when you click on it, it opens= it. How to do that in FF OS app? Would creating a href link a good idea? I= f not, then what is the correct way to do it? Thanks ...

Need help finding PDF Files from my app...
I created an application in IIS. Its virtual directory is SHPAPP. I created another Virtual Directory called MSDS. Now, from this path: http://10.1.0.185/shpapp/msds_getmsds_dt.aspx, I'm trying to get to a file in the MSDS virtual directory. If I browse to http://10.1.0.185/MSDS/1001.pdf I see that the path works. This virtual directory points to where we keep these PDFs on a remote server. I had to call Microsoft to get it to connect properly. I created an idential user on each machine and set the connect as properly. I cannot seem to target a vritual directory path using the mappth th...

Help needed! Console app for moving/renaming files
I have a process where we receive a file with a static name to a specific folder each day.  I need to write an executable that I can run through DTS  that will: Grab the file and move it to a new archive location (lest it get overwritten), and Rename the file, affixing the current date. Im not good with console apps... The sytax is something like: MOVE [/Y | /-Y] [drive:][path]filename1[,...] destination but Im stuck there... I dont know how to tell the app how to append the date to the filename, and the sytax seems to be stuck in the system. Currently this is what I have:...

Help needed getting data out of old Powerbuilder app
I have been asked by a friend to attempt to retrieve data that was saved to a disk in the form *.db from a custom powerbuilder app. The original author/company that put the app together is long gone and the system crashed necessitating recapturing the data from backup ... but we are lost as to how to do this. I have the *.db file which appears to be intact. The header states "Watcom International ..." How can I get the records out of this disk ... can anyone help? Many thanks Bob. You can send the ZIPped file to me (if it's not too big) and I can use Pow...

Help Help Help Help Help Help

HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!

Need help in making xsl file to transform My given xml file to my needed xml file
 want's to need help in creating an xsl file to transform My current xml file data which is following <NewDataSet> <Table> <Title>MyFirstTitle</Title> <ExtraColumn1>2007-01-12T10:14:00+05:00</ExtraColumn1> <BookNumber>1181013</BookNumber> <CompanyName>TestComany1</CompanyName> <ZipCode>91006</ZipCode> <City>Arcadia</City> <State>CA</State> <Country>US</Country> <Description>TestDescription1</Description> <ExtraColumn2>See Book Description</ExtraCo...

Need help in deploying asp.net web app to file share
Hello all,  I created a web app using visual web developer 2005 express and I was given a file share so that people on the network can run it. I used the copy web site feature to copy the files to the file share. However, when I open Default.aspx in Internet Explorer, I get the following error message:   The XML page cannot be displayed Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later. A name was started with an invalid character. Error processing resource 'file://elttmsr001/Doc...

Need help!!! (T.T) please help me......08/07/2007 i need the information....some people help me....
my qeustion is.....  how the ASP.NET allows programmers to use different programming languages in a same project every brother sister.....plesae help me.....i cant do it....cant understand it.......i must get information before 09/07/2007..... please help me....urgent...... Hi, please take a look at this article: Using VB.NET and C# in the same ASP.NET 2.0 project. Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers.Workaround for non working Mark as answer buttons. hi.....Kris~~ Thanks a lot for ur help xD.... Very happy.....got nice people like you can help m...

Application Error Need Help need help bad!!!!!!!!!
Hi I seem to have a huge problem on my hands.  I launched my website MyDesignerResource.com and used visual web developer to create dynamic pages.  I tried to put those on my webpage but everytime you login etc it gives me an application error.  I cannot figure out how setup the asp.net and sql server express 2005.  I tried everything i converted it to a .sql but i do not know what to put in the strings etc.  Could someone walk me through the steps in doing this.  By the way im using godaddy.com for my webhosting and i have a database setup there i just cant tak...

Help! I need help!
Name: Nathalia Penteado Email: nathpenteadoatuoldotcomdotbr Product: Firefox Summary: Help! I need help! Comments: Hi, I'm a usuary from Firefox for a long time but now i'm having some problems that I can't resolve. All pages that I always stay now can't open. My website don't open in Firefox, and Buzznet, Myspace, all this websites when i'm on. Anything works. Orkut is the same problem. I re-downloaded the firexfox, more than 3 times again, but anything works. I don't know what anything else to do. Thanks for you time Nathalia Penteado B...

HELP! Need help with this
Greetings gurus, Get an error while creating this SP with cursor. Can someone please review it and let me know WHERE am I going wrong? Thanks! CREATE PROCEDURE sp_proxy_load as BEGIN declare CT DATE; /* Current time being initialised to a variable */ declare PT DATE; /* Past time being initialised to a variable */ -- Variables for the comments cursor declare xInvPayID int; Declare xLineNum int; declare xdata char(60); declare xAuditActionCD char(1); declare xAuditActionDT DATE; -- variables for the cursor ...

Need help with help
Where do I find where I can set whether SM opens in the current window or a new window. I've looked in Edit Preferences, but must be blind. Jim L via the eCS 1.24 version of OS/2 -- Hi Jim inkleputDEL@ETEisp.com wrote: > Where do I find where I can set whether SM opens in the current window or > a new window. I've looked in Edit Preferences, but must be blind. Close - but no cigar :-) Edit -> Preferences -> Navigator - Tabbed Browsing Regards Pete inkleputDEL@ETEisp.com wrote: > Where do I find where I can set whether SM opens in th...

Web resources about - Need help with bmp files in 2 apps with common pbls need help displaying in both apps - sybase.powerbuilder.general

List of mammals displaying homosexual behavior - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For these mammals, there is documented evidence of homosexual behavior of one or more of the following kinds: sexual behavior , courtship , affection ...

Facebook Displaying Page Insights On Page Admins’ Personal Pages?
Some Facebook page administrators are seeing modules on their personal pages displaying page insights ad, campaign , and like totals for pages ...

Facebook Displaying Unread Messages from Pages in a New Updates Module
Facebook is displaying a new “Updates” sidebar module which shows some users unread messages sent to them by Pages. Users will see the Updates ...

Don Lemon Holds Up Sign Displaying the N-Word, Uncensored, on Air CNN Live - YouTube
Don Lemon Holds Up Sign Displaying the N-Word, Uncensored, on Air Lemon held up a Confederate flag first before holding up the sign. He asked, ...

Hazelwood coal mine fire: Morwell residents displaying symptoms similar to cigarette smokers, expert ...
An expert says some locals near Victoria's Hazelwood mine fire have symptoms similar to cigarette smokers.

Police accused of displaying fake G20 weapons
Toronto's top police officer misled the public by displaying fake weapons used in a medieval-themed role-playing game to help justify their actions ...

No charges for U.S. host for displaying high-capacity magazine on TV
NBC television journalist David Gregory won't face charges for displaying a high-capacity ammunition magazine on his "Meet the Press" news program ...

Jays' Escobar suspended three games for displaying slur
Toronto Blue Jays shortstop Yunel Escobar has been suspended three games for displaying a homophobic slur on his eye-black during a game on Saturday. ...

Google Play Store now displaying age-based ratings
We reported back in May that Google was adding age-based ratings to all apps in the Play Store as determined by the International Age Rating ...

Apple displaying Ferraris & other cars at WWDC hinting at CarPlay announcements
... 2014 Filed under: AAPL Company , iOS Continue reading more about AAPL Company and iOS at 9to5Mac . What do you think? Discuss "Apple displaying ...