multiple selections in a datawindow

Hello all.

I am new to powerbuilder. ver I am using is 9.0. I am using
a datawindow which gets populated with some rows of data. I
need todo multiple selections  on that datawindow so that I
can implement so manipulations on those records. currently I
am only able to select a single row from that datawindow.
any suggestions please.

thanks!
0
jenny

You want to use the SelectRow() datawindow function. One of the
arguments is a boolean dictating whether the row should be highlighted
or unhighlighted. You don't *have* to unhighlight the previous row when
you highlight the next row.

You'll also want to look up "Syntax for all data from selected rows" in
the help files.

There is no standard "multi-select" property. For that matter, there is
no automatic selecting of rows at all. If you want the standard MS
Windows behavior with Ctrl-Click and Shift-Click, you'll have to code it
yourself.

On 5/6/2010 2:50 PM, jenny wrote:
> Hello all.
>
> I am new to powerbuilder. ver I am using is 9.0. I am using
> a datawindow which gets populated with some rows of data. I
> need todo multiple selections  on that datawindow so that I
> can implement so manipulations on those records. currently I
> am only able to select a single row from that datawindow.
> any suggestions please.
>
> thanks!
0
Jason
5/6/2010 8:07:05 PM
.... and the KeyDown function in the Clicked script can tell you if Cntl or
Shift is pressed.
Some frameworks implement multi-select in the ancestor datawindow control,
so it is probably worthwhile to look. Or take a peek at the PFC for
inspiration.
--
Report Bugs to Sybase:  http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/welcome.do
Product Enhancement Requests:

"Jason 'Bug' Fenter [TeamSybase]" <jason.fenter@teamsybase.com> wrote in
message news:4be32169$1@forums-1-dub...
> You want to use the SelectRow() datawindow function. One of the arguments
> is a boolean dictating whether the row should be highlighted or
> unhighlighted. You don't *have* to unhighlight the previous row when you
> highlight the next row.
>
> You'll also want to look up "Syntax for all data from selected rows" in
> the help files.
>
> There is no standard "multi-select" property. For that matter, there is no
> automatic selecting of rows at all. If you want the standard MS Windows
> behavior with Ctrl-Click and Shift-Click, you'll have to code it yourself.
>

> On 5/6/2010 2:50 PM, jenny wrote:
>> Hello all.
>>
>> I am new to powerbuilder. ver I am using is 9.0. I am using
>> a datawindow which gets populated with some rows of data. I
>> need todo multiple selections  on that datawindow so that I
>> can implement so manipulations on those records. currently I
>> am only able to select a single row from that datawindow.
>> any suggestions please.
>>
>> thanks!

0
Jerry
5/7/2010 12:51:50 AM
In addition to what Jason said, if this is a new application, you might want
to take a look at the OpenSource PFC.  It's a framework with a ton of great
services, including a datawindow rowselection service.  If you don't want to
use the whole PFC, you can see how the rowselect is implememnted there and
do something similar.  Take a look at
PFCMAIN.PBL(pfc_n_cst_dwsrv_rowselection) object.  The framework can be
downloaded from http://www.sybase.com/developer/codexchange

Kevin

"Jason 'Bug' Fenter [TeamSybase]" <jason.fenter@teamsybase.com> wrote in
message news:4be32169$1@forums-1-dub...
> You want to use the SelectRow() datawindow function. One of the arguments
> is a boolean dictating whether the row should be highlighted or
> unhighlighted. You don't *have* to unhighlight the previous row when you
> highlight the next row.
>
> You'll also want to look up "Syntax for all data from selected rows" in
> the help files.
>
> There is no standard "multi-select" property. For that matter, there is no
> automatic selecting of rows at all. If you want the standard MS Windows
> behavior with Ctrl-Click and Shift-Click, you'll have to code it yourself.
>

> On 5/6/2010 2:50 PM, jenny wrote:
>> Hello all.
>>
>> I am new to powerbuilder. ver I am using is 9.0. I am using
>> a datawindow which gets populated with some rows of data. I
>> need todo multiple selections  on that datawindow so that I
>> can implement so manipulations on those records. currently I
>> am only able to select a single row from that datawindow.
>> any suggestions please.
>>
>> thanks!

Hi Kevin;

   FYI: The latest PFC's have not been on CodeXchange for quite a while.
Here is the current location: http://pfc.codeplex.com

--

Regards ... Chris
President: STD Inc.

"K R" <kjr_23@yahoo.com.nospam> wrote in message
> In addition to what Jason said, if this is a new application, you might
> want to take a look at the OpenSource PFC.  It's a framework with a ton of
> great services, including a datawindow rowselection service.  If you don't
> want to use the whole PFC, you can see how the rowselect is implememnted
> there and do something similar.  Take a look at
> PFCMAIN.PBL(pfc_n_cst_dwsrv_rowselection) object.  The framework can be
> downloaded from http://www.sybase.com/developer/codexchange
>
> Kevin
>
> "Jason 'Bug' Fenter [TeamSybase]" <jason.fenter@teamsybase.com> wrote in
> message news:4be32169$1@forums-1-dub...
>> You want to use the SelectRow() datawindow function. One of the arguments
>> is a boolean dictating whether the row should be highlighted or
>> unhighlighted. You don't *have* to unhighlight the previous row when you
>> highlight the next row.
>>
>> You'll also want to look up "Syntax for all data from selected rows" in
>> the help files.
>>
>> There is no standard "multi-select" property. For that matter, there is
>> no automatic selecting of rows at all. If you want the standard MS
>> Windows behavior with Ctrl-Click and Shift-Click, you'll have to code it
>> yourself.
>>

>> On 5/6/2010 2:50 PM, jenny wrote:
>>> Hello all.
>>>
>>> I am new to powerbuilder. ver I am using is 9.0. I am using
>>> a datawindow which gets populated with some rows of data. I
>>> need todo multiple selections  on that datawindow so that I
>>> can implement so manipulations on those records. currently I
>>> am only able to select a single row from that datawindow.
>>> any suggestions please.
>>>
>>> thanks!

0
Chris

passing multiple select (selection list on a form) to html datawindow.
How do I pass a multi-select list box items on a form to a html datawindow as a page parameters? appreciate if someone can help. Thanks Syed. I found several ways to do this on www.irt.org if you want to search there for details. Try using client scripting and pass multiple parameters, one for each selected element in the list box. -- Larry Cermak [Team Sybase] Corporate Technology Partners, Inc. www.ctpartners.com Web DataWindow Articles (http://sdn.sybase.com/sdn/appdev/get_doc.stm?loc=1001708) TechWave2000 Presentations AM34, Extending the Web DataWindow (Mon-T...

Datawindow multiple select
I am trying to be able to do a multiple select on a datawindow. I have a list of in the database that i have showing with a datawindow. I want to delete only a column in that datawindow not the whole row. But I want to have the ability to select multiple rows to delete that column from and I cant seem to get a multiple select to work anyway i have tried. Thanks in advance. -- Shanster Take a look at the SelectRow function. Use SelectRow (row, TRUE) to highlight, SelectRow (row, FALSE) to un-highlight, SelectRow (0, TRUE) to highlight all rows, SelectRow (0, FALSE) t...

Selecting Multiple Rows in a DataWindow
Is there anyway to select multiple rows in a datawindow, similar to the way you can do a multi-, or extended select in a listbox? I want to initiate an action on the selected rows (I don't need to edit each individually). Right now I'm using a back-end datastore and popluating a listbox, however performance is an issue. For 4000 records, the datastore does it's retrieve in about 3 seconds, but it takes over a minute to populate the listbox! I'd rather just use a datawindow, but need multi-select. TIA It needs a bit of coding. Take a look at pfc_n_cst_dwsrv_r...

Multiple Select Statements for the same DataWindow
IIII'mmmm Baaack!!! Another thing I would love, as in C#, is the ability to have one datawindow, but allow you to associate multiple select statements to that datawindow. For example I have 3 datawindows which are graphically identical and have the exact same columns selected, but use completely different sql statemtents to retrieve that data. I would like to create one datawindow and just associate the sql needed to run the requested report, instead of 3 datawindows with identical layout but different sql. That way if I need to change the layout of the report I only have 1 dat...

select multiple lines in a datawindow
Hi all, i would like to select multiple lines within a DW by sliding the stylus on the screen, as you would do in word mobile to select multiple lines of text. This is suerly very simple, but i cannot find anything regarding this in the help or by searching the web. Maybe you know ? Thanks. ...

Multiple selection in a drop down datawindow
Hi, I need to either be able to allow users to select multiple items from a drop down datawindow or come up with some other solution. I have not yet been able to come up with a good solution. We do use PFC and I was trying to figure out a way to use PFC for this and have not found it. Any help is greatly appreciated. > Hi, I need to either be able to allow users to select > multiple items from a drop down datawindow or come up with > some other solution. I have not yet been able to come up > with a good solution. We do use PFC and I was trying to > figure out a w...

Multiple Row Select for a Dropdown Datawindow
Can a multiple row select be done in a dropdown datawindow and the selected rows copied to another object like a singleline edit? Hi, I didn't see any setting about selecting multiple rows on dddw s, however I've two none-standard solutions. -1- Put simply an invisible datawindow over the main datawindow and create a button object with the same picture, which looks like the dropdown box, to the right of the dropdown column. Change the column to a normal edit type and write code to the buttonclicked event of the main datawindow, where the invisible dw will become visible a...

Selecting multiple entries in a drop down datawindow
We're currently using PB 8.0+ with Oracle. We're not using the PFC either. I would like to be able to select multiple entries in a drop down datawindow. Each selection would be tied to one row in a Oracle table. I also want to be able to deselect entries if needed and the corresponding row(s) in the table would then be deleted. I did multiple selections once before at another job using the PFC and it was quite simple with the service provided. Could anyone elaborate on the code involved, sample code if available? Thanks very much! You've chose a wrong parad...

Selecting multiple rows in a drowdown datawindow
Is there any way that I can have multiple row select in a dropdown datawindow? using PB 6.5 with PFC and sybase 12 Thanks The purpose of a DDDW is to choose a value for the parent column. Multiple row selection would be meaningless. What are you really trying to accomplish? Darren wrote in message <858B85268B85F36F0065FABC85256C2C.0065FB1285256C2C@webforums>... > > Is there any way that I can have multiple row select in a dropdown >datawindow? > > using PB 6.5 with PFC and sybase 12 > >Thanks On Fri, 6 Sep 2002 15:12:00 -0400, D...

Multiple Selections in Child DataWindow DDDW
Dear All, I would like to know, is there any possibility to select more than one record in DropDownDataWindowss attached to a column in a DataWindow Thanks in advance 1. Use: GetChild method of DataWindow control to get DropDown DW as a DatawindowChild object 2. Work with DatawindowChild object to set the selection "Sybase" <kr_vasudev@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:40e4fe47$1@forums-2-dub... > Dear All, > > I would like to know, is there any possibility to select more than one > record in DropDownDataWindowss attached ...

Deleting and Selecting Multiple Rows in a Datawindow.
Hi All, I am using PB 9.0. i have a problem, I want to select rows (number of rows) and delete them (using a command button) and also if they dont select the rows, if they hit command button, it should delete all the rows. any help will be highly appreciated. Thanks VJ When you do the first GetSelectedRow, it won't find any. I would put up a confirmation message box before deleting all the rows. <VJ GP> wrote in message news:40e318e4.378d.1681692777@sybase.com... > Hi All, > > I am using PB 9.0. i have a problem, I want to select rows > (number of ...

how i can select multiple rows in a datawindow ?
how i can select multiple rows in a datawindow ? Cyril Caillaud Use SelectRow( GetRow(), TRUE ) HTH -- Mahendra Dhamdhere Unicef, New York Email:mahendrad@hotmail.com Cyril Caillaud wrote: > how i can select multiple rows in a datawindow ? > > Cyril Caillaud ...

Selecting multiple rows in a grid datawindow by dragging
I need to allow the ability to select multiple rows in a grid-style datawindow by clicking on one row, dragging through other rows, and then releasing the mouse button. I also need the ability to make the datawindow scroll when dragging beyond the top or bottom so as to allow rows outside of the visible portion of the datawindow to be selected as well. Any ideas? TIA Jeromy ...

Selecting multiple selections in gridview
 Hii got a gridview where user can select selections from the gridview and this is then converted to string in the TextBoxes..(this is so user can select record of students from that database and when a selection is made this is converted to string and added to a different table...when i select a record and add to the textboxes it does but when i select another record set and add that in, the earlier record disappears..How can i make it so user can select a record it converts to string and when user selects the other record, the earlier record is still there..  You can use CheckB...

Web resources about - multiple selections in a datawindow - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Selection - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Megan Jones is seeking a faster cross country time to boost hopes of Olympic selection - AdelaideNow ...
SOUTH Australian Megan Jones had a simple wish on the eve of the talent-laden four-star competition at the Adelaide International Three Day Event. ...

Tinkoff Saxo's Michael Rogers aiming for Rio Olympics selection before retiring
Veteran cyclist will retire at the end of 2016, with the Tour de France and Olympics his focus.

The Law Firm Selection Guide
Download our Law Firm Selection Guide.

Gaming on Apple TV: Decent selection, hit-and-miss controls
Since the utter failure of the Apple Pippin in the mid-'90s, there's always been a certain subset of the tech world obsessed with the idea of ...

Jury selection to begin in first Freddie Gray trial
Officer William Porter could spend at least 10 years in prison if convicted for his alleged role in the death of the 25-year-old black man

Cubs' Kris Bryant unanimous selection as NL Rookie of the Year
Chicago Tribune Cubs' Kris Bryant unanimous selection as NL Rookie of the Year Chicago Tribune Bryant, 23, set franchise rookie records with ...

Once Again, Rex Ryan Trolled The Bills' Opponents With His Selection Of Captains
The Buffalo Bills play the Dolphins today in Buffalo. The two climatologically opposite teams have a rivalry, and the Bills are coached by jolly ...

A Selection Of Best Wines For Every Thanksgiving Dish
Wines everyone will love with the "culinary madness" that is Thanksgiving...

Here are all the Official Selections for the Sploid Short Film Festival 2015
... the future. Robots fell in love, assassins from the future came back, and one minute time machines were used. Here are all the official selections ...