MSS Microsoft SQL Server 6.x

I am using PB8. We are upgrading our servers to use the
latest PB8 DLL's. When we upgrade, I get the "MSS Microsoft
SQL Server 6.x is not supported" msg. If I create a folder
on my computer, put the exe and pbd's as well as the new
dll's in there - everything runs OK. WHat could be going on?
0
Steve
6/1/2006 11:54:15 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.general 62418 articles. 11 followers. Follow

You are missing either the database interface dll , pbmss80.dll, or the
MSS client software is not on the path.
--

Chris Keating
Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere Professional Version 8

Sign up today for your copy of the SQL Anywhere Studio 9 Developer
Edition =and try out the market-leading database for mobile, embedded
and small to medium sized business environments for free!

http://www.ianywhere.com/promos/deved/index.html

iAnywhere Solutions  http://www.iAnywhere.com

** Please only post to the newsgroup

** Whitepapers can be found at http://www.iAnywhere.com/developer
** EBFs can be found at http://downloads.sybase.com/swx/sdmain.stm
** Use Case Express to report bugs http://case-express.sybase.com

Chris

A Problem to Connect SQL Server 2000 Through MSS MS SQL Server 6.x Interaface
Hi, We have two SQL Server 2000 database servers. I have no problem to connect serverA through MSS MS SQL Server 6.X. But I cannot connect to serverB through MSS MS SQL Server 6.X. I tried to connect to serverB through ODBC. It is connected well, but there was error message said "Catalog tables could not be created and are not available for use." My PowerBuilder version is 7.0.2 and build 8046. Mindy ...

PowerBuilder 6.5 EBF MSS Driver for Microsoft SQL Server 7
Here is the latest...... Author: Sybase Staff If you wish to download the zip file containing the the updated PowerBuilder MSS driver in PowerBuilder 6.5 EBF (Emergency But Fix) Builds 540 and later, please visit this URL: ftp://psaftp.sybase.com/pub/private/pbpatch/pb65_weekly/mssnew/mssnew.zip. The zip file contains the following files: Mssnew.doc Pbmss60.dll Pbmss60w.dll readme.txt Please review the Mssnew.doc, which contains a list of the fixes (i.e., QTS Change Requests) that were put into this new driver in addition to other important information. The readme.txt...

PowerBuilder 6.5 EBF MSS Driver for Microsoft SQL Server 7 #2
Here is the latest...... Author: Sybase Staff If you wish to download the zip file containing the the updated PowerBuilder MSS driver in PowerBuilder 6.5 EBF (Emergency But Fix) Builds 540 and later, please visit this URL: ftp://psaftp.sybase.com/pub/private/pbpatch/pb65_weekly/mssnew/mssnew.zip. The zip file contains the following files: Mssnew.doc Pbmss60.dll Pbmss60w.dll readme.txt Please review the Mssnew.doc, which contains a list of the fixes (i.e., QTS Change Requests) that were put into this new driver in addition to other important information. The readme.txt...

Microsoft SQL Server 6.x (PB 6.5) VS ODBC (PB 10.5) ...
Hi everybody, After migrating my application from PB 6.5 which uses Microsoft SQL Server 6.x as a DB connection and having to set up ODBC for PB 10.5 I am getting the following error: "SQLSTATE = 22005, Invalid character value for cast specification" This happen for absolutely every single dw that is created based on an Store Procedure. What could be happening? How can I fix this? Thank you, Gabriela ...

OLE DB vs. MSS MS SQL Server 6.x to MSS 7.0 DBMS
I'm looking for info on the pros and cons of using OLE DB to connect to a MSS 7.0 database compared to using the native database driver. I've tried it both ways, and they both seem to work for client our client server apps. It seems as though the native MSS 6.x driver is easier to configure. And we appear to be able to read and write data OK. Are there any gotchas lurking out there? Can anyone provide a reference? Thanks, Marvin Young marvy@atg.wa.gov ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp I just finis...

MSS MS SQL Sever 6.X native interface for MS SQL Server 7.0 ?
Is MSS MS SQL Server 6.X, the native interface to use in db-painter for MS SQL Server 7.0? It works fine but is it right? OLE DB also works fine but RESELECTROW does not work in our app. with OLE DB. Regards, Henrik Peder Madsen DM Software ...

MSS MS SQL Server 6.x
Hello, I have PowerBuilder 6.5.1 and SQLServer 7.0....I want to know if I can use the MSS MS SQL Server 6.x database interface installed for to access my server?, Could I have problems for using a diferent version ?. Thanks You shouldn't have any problems. The only restriction is that you won't be able to use any of the new SQL7 datatypes. Simon Oscar Miranda <omiranda@prosoftmx.com.mx> wrote in message news:#YySU06Y$GA.184@forums.sybase.com... > Hello, I have PowerBuilder 6.5.1 and SQLServer 7.0....I want to know if I > can use the MSS MS SQL Server 6...

Powerbuilder and Microsoft SQL Server 6.5
I am having a problem with a application written in Powerbuilder version 5.0.02 and Microsoft SQL Server 6.5 with Service Pack 4. After using the application for a while I will get a DBProcess Dead error. Do I need to upgrade to 5.0.04? I noticed a newer PBMSS050.dll file. >I am having a problem with a application written in Powerbuilder >version 5.0.02 and Microsoft SQL Server 6.5 with Service Pack 4. After >using the application for a while I will get a DBProcess Dead error. Do >I need to upgrade to 5.0.04? I noticed a newer PBMSS050.dll file. You probably want to look...

Is MSS Ms Sql Server 6.x in PB 11
We have application in pb 6.5 that we are looking into migrating to pb 11. We currently use MSS Native interface to connect to MS sql 2000/2005. Is this still valid in pb 11 or do we need to switch to Ole DB .. There is a new native SQL Server driver in PowerBuilder 11 that supports the SNC interface. The MSS driver is no longer supported but you can use the SNC driver instead. Regards, Dave Fish Sybase On 8 Oct 2007 10:46:38 -0700, mmenta wrote: >We have application in pb 6.5 that we are looking into >migrating to pb 11. We currently use MSS Native interface to &g...

ConnectTimeOut for MSS MS SQL Server 6.x driver?
Does a DBParm exist for MSS MS SQL Server 6.x driver that will allow me to specify a maximum wait time when attempting to connect to a MS SQL Server? A failed connection (e.g. the SQL Server doesn't exist) seems to timeout after 60 seconds, but I'd like to shorten that to 10 seconds. Thanks! - David ...

MS SQL Server 2005 Compatability with Powerbuilder 6.x
We currently use Powerbuilder 6.0 with SQL Server 2000. We want to upgrade to SQL Server 2005. Does anyone know if SQL Server 2005 is compatible with Powerbuilder 6.0? Thanks in advance Raja P <Raja P> wrote in message news:4a88faea.68c5.1681692777@sybase.com... > We currently use Powerbuilder 6.0 with SQL Server 2000. We > want to upgrade to SQL Server 2005. Does anyone know if SQL > Server 2005 is compatible with Powerbuilder 6.0? You shouldn't have any problems, but much depends on the complexity of your application and how it was coded. Since you are l...

Stored procedures,MSS Sql Server 7.0, and Powerbuilder 6.5
I have a stored procedure that performs an update of a table based upon two input values, a "char(12)" and an "int" type. When running this update inside SQL Server 7.0, it works. However, when I run it in my Powerbuilder application, I get the error "Invalid character value for cast specification", as though I have some data type compatability error. I checked my code and everything seems appropriately typed. Also, it seemed that when I was using SQL Server 6.5, everything worked fine. Any insights out there? There was a bug reported with numeric dat...

Microsoft SQL Server Database File (SqlClient) and Microsoft SQL Server (SqlClient)?
hello there is Microsoft SQL Server Database File (SqlClient)(i have created *.mdf Solution of Visual web developer.. righ click, add new item, SQL server database) and Microsoft SQL Server (SqlClient) at server explorer(i have created *.mdf at SQL server management studio) as Modify Connection.. when i create *.mdf at Microsoft SQL Server Database File (SqlClient), i cant see i*.mdf at SQL Server Management Studio. but when i create *.mdf at Microsoft SQL Server (SQLClient), i can see *.mdf SQL Server Management Studio. what is different between Microsoft SQL Server Database File (SqlCli...

Web resources about - MSS Microsoft SQL Server 6.x - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Microsoft Corporation

Microsoft Cloud Partner - Home

Microsoft Hohm Service Discontinuation
Microsoft-Hohm discontinuation message