MS Access

Hi all

I am planning to use MS Access File as the database for a very small system.
However, I found that PB could not insert/update rows!!! Is there anyone has
experience on it?

Thanks,
Kevin

0
Kevin
5/3/2002 8:47:00 AM
sybase.powerbuilder.general 62418 articles. 14 followers. Follow

have you got a primary key or an index on the tables ?
"Kevin" <kevin.lam@smarttravelers.com> wrote in message
> Hi all
>
> I am planning to use MS Access File as the database for a very small
system.
> However, I found that PB could not insert/update rows!!! Is there anyone
has
> experience on it?
>
> Thanks,
> Kevin

0
Philip
5/3/2002 9:52:46 AM
Kevin,
I can testify to successfully using PB with MS Access.  Any luck on Philip's
suggestion?  If not, what type of error messages are you getting?
Jim

"Philip SIDGWICK" <philip.sidgwick@noemail.please> wrote in message
> have you got a primary key or an index on the tables ?
> "Kevin" <kevin.lam@smarttravelers.com> wrote in message
> > Hi all
> >
> > I am planning to use MS Access File as the database for a very small
> system.
> > However, I found that PB could not insert/update rows!!! Is there anyone
> has
> > experience on it?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Kevin

0
Jim
5/3/2002 12:23:37 PM
Hi Jim

I have an index on that table. But I can't update or insert row, not even to
create index within PB.

My PB version is 8.0.1.

Kevin

"Jim G" <GilletJ@dcyf.state.ri.us> wrote in message
> Kevin,
> I can testify to successfully using PB with MS Access.  Any luck on
Philip's
> suggestion?  If not, what type of error messages are you getting?
> Jim
>
> "Philip SIDGWICK" <philip.sidgwick@noemail.please> wrote in message
> > have you got a primary key or an index on the tables ?
> > "Kevin" <kevin.lam@smarttravelers.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi all
> > >
> > > I am planning to use MS Access File as the database for a very small
> > system.
> > > However, I found that PB could not insert/update rows!!! Is there
anyone
> > has
> > > experience on it?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Kevin

0
Kevin
5/6/2002 9:08:20 AM
Kevin,
The app I have here is Access 97 and PB 6.5.  I migrated it to PB 8.0.1 to
see if that created problems.  Results are mixed.  Key thing is the
application still works fine.  But in the PB 8.0.1 database painter, if I
retrieve rows from a table, it doesn't allow me to work with the result set
(can't insert, update, delete).  But I can type in an update statement and
execute it successfully.  I can create an index.  I don't know why it is not
allowing me to work with the result set.  I suspect it may be the odbc
driver.  I am still using the same driver I used with PB 6.5.  I will go
back to my PB 8.0.1 cd and see if it offers a new driver for MS Access.

How about security/permissions on the Access side?  Does the user id you are
connecting with have permission to insert and update?  If you type in an
update statement and execute it, do you get an error message?  If so, what
is it?
Jim

> Hi Jim
>
> I have an index on that table. But I can't update or insert row, not even
> create index within PB.
>
> My PB version is 8.0.1.
>
> Kevin
>
> "Jim G" <GilletJ@dcyf.state.ri.us> wrote in message
> > Kevin,
> > I can testify to successfully using PB with MS Access.  Any luck on
> Philip's
> > suggestion?  If not, what type of error messages are you getting?
> > Jim
> >
> > "Philip SIDGWICK" <philip.sidgwick@noemail.please> wrote in message
> > > have you got a primary key or an index on the tables ?
> > > "Kevin" <kevin.lam@smarttravelers.com> wrote in message

> > > system.
> anyone
> > > has

0
Jim

MS access to MS access problem
I always used MS Access Database In my programs, now I want to use SQL SERVER database and so I started to design one. but it’s a little bit confusing ,I don’t know what can I use in change of these access Data type : MS access // MS access -------------- -------------------- Memo >>>>>>>> ?? AutoNumber >>>>> ?? * and if you think there is some difference between Ms access and SQL in D...

PowerBuilder With MS Access
How to select data from MS Access database and display that data with sle or listbox ... select into and fetch, both working with SQL Anyware but not working with MS Access. Please somebody help me .. Thanks. I haven't had any problem with this, unless the column is of type OLEobject. What does your code look like? <Anonymous@sybase.com> wrote in message news:862A388182456D4F002D7E7985256982.002D7E8085256982@webforums... &gt; How to select data from MS Access database and display that data<BR> &gt; with sle or listbox ... select into and fetch, both wo...

MS ACCESS and powerbuilder
Dear sir/madam I am Mr. Teo. Currently i work in a furnace firm as a system administrator. I need to write some program in order to link up the system in the office. However, i met some problems by using powerbuilder 5.0 and ms Access. 1) I compile by program as .exe but it cannot be executed in other computer which do not have powerbuilder 5.0 installed. I did install powerbuilder run time kit. The error message appear after i execute .exe is "db profile not found or db specify driver not installed". I am using MS Access as my database. Could you advise me that what shou...

Accessing the PC database using a web-page and PowerBuilder 5.0 front-end and MS Access Database
I am trying to connect my web page, which is the standard HTML Explorier applet to my MS Access Database by way of PowerBuilder 5.0. I would like the steps and PowerBuilder Script to make this work. I was told that this is possible, but I don't know where to start, where to place the needed Script, and how to get the link on the web page to call up Powerbuilder to access the MS Access database. Help! You create a PB user object that has methods that do the access. You deploy that as a distributed PB component and then access it using Web.PB. Read more on distributed PB and...

Accessing MS Access
Hi all, This is probably a more DB oriented question, but it came out of the = DBI. I posted a question and have tried several solutions on how to open = up an MS Access DB from the DBI::ODBC but so far have been unable to. = What I had to end up doing was create a DTS that runs every 5 minutes = which copies the table I need from Access and populates a SQL Server = table. This causes a delay on my web application such that whenever my = page overlaps while the DTS is running I get no data. So I was wondering = if there is a better way to get information from Access so I can see it =...

MS Access and Powerbuilder Desktop
I am learning PowerBuilder Desktop (6.0) and would like to use a local Access database. Is there a Tech article somewhere that explains this process? Is this process the same or easier with 7.0? thanks. -- Mark Micklich markmick@pacbell.net It is same. If you are learning PB then SqlAnywhere DB is better choice. Access does not support Trrigers or Stored Procedures, SQL Anywhere does. SQL Anywhere is shipped with PB. On Sun, 28 Nov 1999 22:21:35 -0800, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.database Mark Micklich <markmick@pacbell.net> wrote: >I am learn...

Using MS Access with Powerbuilder
I created a database in MS Access 97 and when I tried opening up the tables in the Database painter, all the 'text' field sizes were doubled. I can't even alter the table. Please help. I am using PowerBuilder version 6.5.1 and version 6. Hey... you forgot about not being able to alter the table!! ...

run MS Access queries from PowerBuilder
Hi all I use PB5.03 and Oracle 7.3. For some reason I've been asked to use MS Access 97 to create and populate tables using 'Make Table Queries'. The queries are defined on the MS Access97 tables linked to Oracle. I've no problem in connecting to MS Access97 and accessing those tables. But how do I run those queries from PowerBuilder. My colleague, who is a VB developer, says queries can be run from VB by issuing execute. Do we have any such facilities like that in PB? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks Dalfina Dalfina Daz wrote: > Hi all > ...

GridView data table and MS Access table. Some time I like MS Access...
Hi: I want all the rows and coloums data showing in the GridView can be editable, just like the MS Access table on the form, you can modify and update any cell and it will be saved if your mouse leave that cell (or you click "Save" button). The reason I ask is: everyday I have about hundrands of data need to be set the date(Today's date), to be set the status (on/off), and input Receipt Num, if I using Gridview's "Edit" "Update" feature, I find there are still two many clicks, and also the selected rows changing the size and p...

run MS Access queries from PowerBuilder
Hi all I use PB5.03 and Oracle 7.3. For some reason I've been asked to use MS Access 97 to create and populate tables using 'Make Table Queries'. The queries are defined on the MS Access97 tables linked to Oracle. I've no problem in connecting to MS Access97 and accessing those tables. But how do I run those queries from PowerBuilder. My colleague, who is a VB developer, says queries can be run from VB by issuing execute. Do we have any such facilities like that in PB? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks Dalfina Dalfina Daz wrote: > Hi all > ...

SendObject Error while sending email with MS Access 2002 (MS Access error 2293)
Name: Benjamin Pfab Email: bpatxuitsdotcom Product: Thunderbird Summary: SendObject Error while sending email with MS Access 2002 (MS Access error 2293) Comments: After the latest update of Thunderbird (during the last week) the sending of emails fails via the "SendObject" function of MS Access 2002. Error message is "MS Access could not send this email". If possible, please help! Thank you! Regards Benjamin Pfab Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; de; rv:1.9.0.8) Gecko/2009032609 Firefox/3.0.8 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From U...

accessing MS Access from .net
hi I am accessing ms access data base which has a table called customers. when i try to insert data into the table i am gettign the error like "Operation must use an updatable query" and the line its showing is myOleDbcommand.ExecuteNonQuery() here is my code in page lode event Sub Page_Load(Sender As Object, E As EventArgs) Dim StrConnectString as String Dim strStatement as String strConnectSTring = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Password='';User ID=Admin;Data Source=C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Srinu\WebApplication2\...

Access to MS-Access denied
I'm moving data from MS-Access *.mdb files (using Win32::ODBC) to a postgresql database (using DBD:Pg). While I'n not having problems to do it with many ordinary *.mdb files I'm unable now to transfer data from an Access file which is protected. As a matter of fact the launching icon on my NT desktop has the following line in it (which gives me r/w rights on the db): "C:\programs\Microsoft Office\Office\MSACCES.EXE""V:\PE\myfile.mdb/user De Martino/nostartup". I've tried to give the login "De Martino" (no password is required) to the ...

To use a Ms Access view having parameter in powerbuilder
I am using MS Access 2007 database in powerbuilder 11.2 Application. I create a view there with parameter . Example View is 'Select * from sales_tbl' . Parameter is MonthNo = ar_motn How I can call this view in a datawindow . Please help very urgent Pol On Dec 16, 8:20=A0pm, Pol wrote: > I am using MS Access 2007 database in powerbuilder 11.2 > Application. I create a view there with parameter . > > Example > View is 'Select * from sales_tbl' . Parameter is MonthNo =3D > ar_motn > > How I can call this view in a datawindow . > ...

Accessing a MS Access database
Hi, I would like to do a lookup into an Access database, and display the result in a grid. I'm an embedded programmer being thrown into the world of .net, asp, VB, and databases so I don't know where to start :-) ...... can anyone help me ? Thanks. Really jus ta matter of making a connection, doing your query, and displaying results. Here is a sample from a module I use. The data is bound to a datagrid. Sub LoadSchedule() Dim strSrc As String = CType(Settings("src"), String) If Trim(strSrc) <> "" Then ...

Web resources about - MS Access - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Local access and transport area - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Local access and transport area (LATA) is a term used in U.S. telecommunications regulation. It represents a geographical area of the United ...

Philips Hue blocks access to ‘untested’ third-party bulbs due to ‘interoperability issues’
An update to the Philips Hue system has blocked access to some third-party bulbs, including GE Link LED (above) and Cree Connected LED , citing ...

No kidding: You can now access Gmail right within Yahoo Mail
... Google Microsoft Outlook AOL: Mail, News, Weather & Video Yahoo Messenger - Chat and share instantly Mailbox No kidding: You can now access ...

All-Access with Arians: Fortunate to beat Vikings, can now rest
Arizona Cardinals coach Bruce Arians, now in his third year with the team, meets with the media the day after every game.

When a single e-mail gives hackers full access to your network
... researchers say they have uncovered a vulnerability in such a product from security firm FireEye that can give attackers full network access. ...

Aquino vows to make universal Internet access a reality in PH
... his signature to the Connectivity Declaration to show his commitment to be one with other world leaders in making universal Internet access ...

Salesforce and Box join forces to ease file access for workers
Box and Salesforce announced a new partnership Wednesday aimed at helping their joint customers get work done more efficiently by bringing documents ...

Congress Pulls Together Proposal To Ban Internet Access Taxes Permanently, Likely To Become Law
... making sure they wouldn’t be taxed out of being. The law prohibits local, state, and federal governments from imposing taxes on internet access ...

Pay what you want for a lifetime of online security and VPN access
The internet is a scary place where protecting your data and privacy can be a lifelong endeavor. It’s an endeavor made a lot easier by getting ...

Play class-based Ghost in the Shell shooter now on early access
... talking about , Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - First Assault Online (GITS:SAC-FAO for short), is finally playable in its Early Access ...