modify dw sql works but doesn't work

I am building the sql script for a dw by using
dw_1.GetSqlSelect() and dw_1.Modify(mod_string).  Modify
returns an empty string which means it was successful in
modifying the dw sql.  I also check with GetSqlSelect() and
the sql has been modified.  However, when I retrieve the dw
the Retrieval window pops up asking me to enter arguments
from the old dw sql.  What gives?

Any help is appreciated,
Wilson
0
Wilson

Your original datawindow definition have retrieval arguments. Therefore,
it asks you about the retrieval arguments. Maybe you can try to retrieve
by supplying the same number of dummy arguments to your retrieve
function.

HTH,
Gokhan

Wilson wrote:

> I am building the sql script for a dw by using
> dw_1.GetSqlSelect() and dw_1.Modify(mod_string).  Modify
> returns an empty string which means it was successful in
> modifying the dw sql.  I also check with GetSqlSelect() and
> the sql has been modified.  However, when I retrieve the dw
> the Retrieval window pops up asking me to enter arguments
> from the old dw sql.  What gives?
>
> Any help is appreciated,
> Wilson

0
iso
11/18/2003 2:54:10 PM
Wilson,

I believe what you're running into is the fact that while you've
eliminated the use of the retrieval arguments from the actual SQL of your
datawindow, the datawindow definition still has those arguments, whetehr
you use them or not.   I suspect if you went ahead and entered them your
datawindow would basically ignore them.

According to PB8's help file, the retrieval arguments aren't settable
(thus removable) from powerscript, only from the design painter, so I
think you need to make a second version of your datawindow that doesn't
have retrieval arguments OR simply perform the retrieve in your code with
arguments you know will be ignored.
0
NoSpam_dhunter
11/18/2003 3:23:08 PM
.... or you can grab the whole syntax of the datawindow and parse out
the parts you don't want (like the argument), and do a Create() with
the new syntax. **MUCH** easier said than done, but I thought I'd
point it out.

Good luck,

On 18 Nov 2003 07:23:08 -0800, NoSpam_dhunter@mmm.com wrote:

>Wilson,
>
>I believe what you're running into is the fact that while you've
>eliminated the use of the retrieval arguments from the actual SQL of your
>datawindow, the datawindow definition still has those arguments, whetehr
>you use them or not.   I suspect if you went ahead and entered them your
>datawindow would basically ignore them.
>
>According to PB8's help file, the retrieval arguments aren't settable
>(thus removable) from powerscript, only from the design painter, so I
>think you need to make a second version of your datawindow that doesn't
>have retrieval arguments OR simply perform the retrieve in your code with
>arguments you know will be ignored.

See the PB Troubleshooting Guide at the Sandbox
^ ^
o o
=*=
0
Terry
11/18/2003 3:32:42 PM
That's the ONLY way, based on my experience.  Removing the arguments from
the syntax is not good enough.  Have fun parsing all the arguments used in
computed fields, visible expressions etc <g>.  ( I lost a few hours of sleep
on those!)

--
Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
http://www.pb9books.com

"Terry Voth" <sequel@techno-kitten.com> wrote in message
> ... or you can grab the whole syntax of the datawindow and parse out
> the parts you don't want (like the argument), and do a Create() with
> the new syntax. **MUCH** easier said than done, but I thought I'd
> point it out.
>
> Good luck,
>
> Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techno-kitten
>
> On 18 Nov 2003 07:23:08 -0800, NoSpam_dhunter@mmm.com wrote:
>
> >Wilson,
> >
> >I believe what you're running into is the fact that while you've
> >eliminated the use of the retrieval arguments from the actual SQL of your
> >datawindow, the datawindow definition still has those arguments, whetehr
> >you use them or not.   I suspect if you went ahead and entered them your
> >datawindow would basically ignore them.
> >
> >According to PB8's help file, the retrieval arguments aren't settable
> >(thus removable) from powerscript, only from the design painter, so I
> >think you need to make a second version of your datawindow that doesn't
> >have retrieval arguments OR simply perform the retrieve in your code with
> >arguments you know will be ignored.
>

> Sequel's Sandbox: http://www.techno-kitten.com
> Home of PBL Peeper, a free PowerBuilder Developer's Toolkit.
> Version 2.2.06 now available at the Sandbox
> See the PB Troubleshooting Guide at the Sandbox
> ^ ^
> o o
> =*=

0
Terry

Spellchecker doesn't work: no error, just doesn't work
Hey all. This is only happening with one person. It's all GW7 no SP. has worked fine before. Anyway when they type along it doesn't catch that spelling and it doesn't fire up spell check before it's sent like it is checked off to do. It does nothing. It just sends it when you click send; no error, nothing. I did a rebuild, analyze/fix. I have it set at all levels for this user. any ideas Mark, well, I'd try a more recent client version first. GW7 was less than stellar before SP1. Uwe -- Novell Support Connection Volunteer SysOp Please don...

Urgent: AutoCompleteExtender doesn't work/Updatepanel doesn't work
This is my code for the AutoCompleteExtender <asp:textbox id="txtQuickSearch" runat="server" CssClass="inputText" style="width:145px; "></asp:textbox> <atlas:AutoCompleteExtender runat="server" ID="acSearch"> <atlas:AutoCompleteProperties TargetControlID="txtQuickSearch" Enabled="True" ServicePath="http://localhost/Sony.BusinessSuite.Web.UI/AtlasServices/MasterData.asmx" ServiceMethod="GetAllModels" minimumprefixlength="2" /> </atlas:AutoCompleteExtender> When i start typing fiddler shows: # Result Host URL Body Caching Content-Type User-...

Freenx doesn't work, NX doesn't work with compiz. Questions
FreeNX just doesn't work. NX from nomachine installed well, but I guess that limits me to two logins? NX doesn't work with compiz, tho, at least from machines not running compiz. So no great surprise. :-) Is there any way to run startkde that disables compiz and uses kwin? Alternatively, hows the easiest way to handle alternative logins? I could link the two documents folders together, but then I'd have problems with file permissions. I'm just looking for ideas here, I could live with two logins. -- dougnc -------------------------------------------...

keeps making me download update, but, update doesn't work, makes me download update, update doesn't work..................
Name: donald davis Email: galenachefatyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: keeps making me download update, but, update doesn't work, makes me download update, update doesn't work.................. Comments: That's pretty much the whole deal. An update screen pops up, I update, the update doesn't take and the next time I use firefox mozilla the same thing happens over and over and over. Thanks Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.3) Gecko/20070309 Firefox/2.0.0.4 ...

Same app in two application directories
Hi All, I'm developing an ASP.net app on my local machine.  I have had Visual Studio create an application directory under "Default Web Site", and I have also created an application directory myself via inetmgr (IIS7 on Vista).  The directory created by VS works perfectly, but the directory which I created manually doesn't - every page I load returns a "could not load type" error.  The exact same files exist in both directories (I literally copied them from my dev directory to the one I created), so I know it's not the source files themselves.&...

works, doesn't work
Name: clay Product: SeaMonkey Summary: works, doesn't work Comments: You might change names, but SeaMonkey Composer/Navigator is just as bad at reading and opening webpages edited in Word as Mozilla Composer/Navigator ever was... but for some strange reason Firefox opens them correctly. Mozilla needs to pull everything together into one properly functioning organism. For the moment, I'll stick with Word and IE. Browser Details: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expec...

Can't get the Web Controls to work.. The Build.Bat file doesn't work? HELP>> ARGGG>.
Hi.. I was wanting to use the IE Web Controls, the Tab Strip, etc, and play with it.. Since I have IIS 5, I thought I'd copy them there using the Read me.txt instructions and then copy to a dev server that I use at a web host.. Well, everything worked except the Build file doesn't build the Microsoft.UI.Webcontrols.DLL file? When I try to run it by double clicking on it, it runs really fast in  the DOS window, but I can't see what it says and it closes.. So I tried to do so manually and I received an error that the "cse.exe is not recognized as an internal or external command or batch...

Custom Datagrid: Doesn't display and doesn't work
Hi all,Hope someone can share their experience! I am trying to make a custom datagrid, only in appearance for now. Results:1. On dragging the control from the VS toolbox: get a grey rectangle, not the table like look. 2. On running the Web page: no HTML.<code>Imports System.ComponentModelImports System.Web.UI.WebControlsImports System.Web.UI<DefaultProperty("Text"), ToolboxData("<{0}:custDG runat=server></{0}:custDG>")> Public Class custDG    Inherits DataGrid    Public Sub New()        Me.BorderColor = ...

can't get serverside dw functions to work: "Object doesn't support this property or method"
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00D7_01BF98D3.2B917E60 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable When the user hits update, I want to display a blank row. To do that I = have this code in my page: if (dwMine_action + "" !=3D "undefined")=20 {=20 retVal =3D dwMine.SetAction (dwMine_action, dwMine_context);=20 Response.Write(dwMine_action); // for testing=20 if (dwMine_action =3D=3D "Update") {dwMine.InsertRow(0);}=20 } Response.Write( d...

Filter-works and doesn't work
I have a filter in a dw as: (Division = '001' OR Division = '002' OR Division = '003') AND (State = 'NY' OR State = 'NJ' OR State = 'PA') AND NOT(interruptionid >= 1 OR interruptionid = -1) AND match( circuit , "^GENERAL") which does NOT work. BUT when I rearrange it to : (Division = '001' OR Division = '002' OR Division = '003') AND (State = 'NY' OR State = 'NJ' OR State = 'PA') AND match( circuit , "^GENERAL") AND NOT(interruptionid >= 1 OR interrupt...

<location> doesn't work when parent directory of path doesn't exist
Hi, I'm having a problem setting up web.config to challenge for authentication on some pages, but not others. Here is what I'm doing:<configuration>...    <system.web>...        <authentication mode="Windows" />        <authorization>            <allow users="*"/>        </authorization>...    </system.web>    <location path="se...

Work in progress doesn't always work.
Hello, I'm having some users have problems when saving emails into work in progress � sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't?!?! The agents and clients are 7.0.1 � any ideas?>! Cheers AVE support@sftech.eu wrote: > I'm having some users have problems when saving emails into work in > progress – sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't?!?! Well, I've never seen issues with it not saving. Are there duplication steps that you can give us for those that fail? -- Danita Zanre Novell Support Forums Volunteer Are you a GroupWise P...

jmDNS doesn't work, but does work on Windows
I'm trying to use jmDNS on openSUSE to find some apple airports on the network. On Windows, I can see the airports. On Linux, I get nothing. Has anyone gotten it to work on linux? -- 6tr6tr ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ...

Works in ISQL; doesn't work in code.
I am using ASA 6.0.0.744 with VB6. The following query works successfully when run from ISQL but fails as a source in OpenRecordSet with Runtime error '3061' Too few parameters. Expected 1. I have isolated it to the clause "where CLNAME like 'J%'". It seems a use of the alias 'CLNAME' is taken as parameter rather than a column name. What's the story here. Select approved, InvoiceID, InNo, InDate, Client.name As CLNAME , Debtor.name AS DRNAME, Invoice.CientID, Invoice.DebtorID,Client.Phone1, Client.Phone1Ext, BulkNumber from Invoice, Client, Debt...

Web resources about - modify dw sql works but doesn't work - sybase.powerbuilder.general