Migration from PB 5.0 to PB 7.0

Hi All,

While using the Migration assistant to check if any of the functions being
currently used
in our application have become Obsolete.I got these error messages
PBORCA LIBRARY - Entry Information Failed and
PBORCA error message
Obsolete - Replaced by f-wait in n_cst_datetime was not found.
Error No: 3

These error messages were displayed for the PFC and PFE PBL's.

Could anyone please give any suggestions...

TIA,
Sg

0
saigeetha

Here's a hunch. Check for duplicate PowerBuilder DLLs or mismatched
DLLs being loaded. A good tool to check what's being loaded is
HandleEx from http://www.sysinternals.com. It sounds like the ORCA DLL
(PBORC70.DLL) is failing to load, likely because of an incompatible
version of something else that's already loaded.

Good luck,

On Fri, 13 Jul 2001 16:40:51 -0600, "saigeetha" <saddala@state.mt.us>
wrote:

>While using the Migration assistant to check if any of the functions being
>currently used
>in our application have become Obsolete.I got these error messages
>PBORCA LIBRARY - Entry Information Failed and
>PBORCA error message
>Obsolete - Replaced by f-wait in n_cst_datetime was not found.
>Error No: 3
>
>These error messages were displayed for the PFC and PFE PBL's.
>
>Could anyone please give any suggestions...

Home of PBL Peeper, a PowerBuilder Developer's Toolkit.
Version 2 now available at the Sandbox

Charitable donations without money?
CLICK FOR FREE MONEY!!
The Hunger Site: http://www.thehungersite.com
The Rainforest Site: http://www.therainforestsite.com
The Kids AIDS Site: http://www.thekidsaidssite.com
The Child Survival Site: http://www.thechildsurvivalsite.com
The Breast Cancer Site: http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
The Landmine Site: http://www.thelandminesite.com
0
Terry

Migrating from PB 5.0.4 to PB 7.0
Hi, I have some questions regarding migrating from PB 5.0.4 to PB 7.0 1) I am migrating a PB 5.0.4 application to PB 7.0. When I migrated the application, I got some warnings and Informational messages. I also got one error message in a user object : Error : C0181 : The argument to SetNull cannot be an autoinstantiate or structure. The argument I have is a structure instance. Is there another function I can use instead ? 2) This application also uses the funcky library. I was wondering what is a better substitute for these in 7.0. 3) Stephen Dupre also mentioned in on...

Migration from PB 5.0.4 to PB 7.0.1
Anyone experience any problems with migrating from 5.0.4 to 7.0.1? I am having some problems with blobs in PB 7.0.1 and SQL Server 7.0 that I didn't have in PB 5.0.4. Thank you Build 7021 for PB 7.0.1 from the Sybase website worked. Thanks for Help! Robert Wren, Jr. <rwren@home.com> wrote in message news:nUQVd1FX$GA.177@forums.sybase.com... > Anyone experience any problems with migrating from 5.0.4 to 7.0.1? I am > having some problems with blobs in PB 7.0.1 and SQL Server 7.0 that I didn't > have in PB 5.0.4. > > Thank you > > ...

PB 5.0.4 migration to PB 7.0.2 issue
I'm trying to help a colleague solve a problem she is having in a fairly complex application. Of course, the application works fine using PB 5.0.4, but after migrating, a sheet which opens a modal window is not stopping to wait for the modal window's result. If I create a simple modal window and open it from the sheet, it does the same thing. If I create a simple sheet and open the modal window from that sheet it works properly. I've done the regens and optimizations. Has anyone else experienced this problem and if so, how did you resolve it?! Also if you have any s...

PB 7.0 to PB 5.0
Hi I am currently a PB7.0 programmer(1 year exp), but I found a new job which using PB5.0. My question is:Is it will very difficult for me(focus on syntax, powerful...) thank you very much Having done the same thing... almost... in the other direction, I can say that the actual coding portion of PB hasn't changed drastically between 5 and 7. There was a major rework of the IDE between 6 and 7, but extremely little change in syntax and/or available commands. There were, however, a few new features in 6 that weren't in 5 (shared objects, for one). Not a lot, t...

PB 7.0 or PB 6.5 or PB 6.0 or PB5.04

pb 6.5, pb 7.0, pb 8.0 and future releases
I have designed an app using PB 6.5.1 and feel quite confortable to write another app using this version of Power Buulder. I am aware that there have been many other releases after this but have heard many developers complain about not being stable and so forth. I can't say how true this is cause I never bothered to update to later releases. I recently got a contract for a new app and quite likely will be using Power Biulder but I am wondering if am cheating myself by not trying to upgrade myself to a later release of Power Biulder. Thanks. Charlie. Charlie You...

Migrate/Upgrade from PB 5.0.xx to PB 8.0/9.0
Hi, I am having the PB 5.0.xx Applications running on my pc at this moment. I have to Migrate/Upgrade them to PB 8/9. What is the best way to get this? Can any one give me some guidance on this? Thanks for your Help in Advance Regards Migrating: - Backup - Optimize in PB5 - Full Rebuild in PB5, with Information and Warning messages turned on - Backup, send it offside - Run Migration Assistant (File / New / Tools in PB8/9) - Fix the identified issues using PB5 <doublechecking> - Optimize in PB5 - Full Rebuild in PB5, with Information and Warning messages t...

PB 5.0 to PB 6.5, 7.x, 8.0??
I have a client who needs to move from an initial PB 5.0 release (no patches applied) to a newer version of PB. This is a small internal application but they would like to open it up via the internet in the future. They are currently running on a SQL Anywhere DB but would be looking to change that also. I don't have any hands on experience with PB 7.x but from what I heard and read it hasn't been that great. I've been using PB 6.5 since build 444 and was thinking of recommending that they make the move to 6.5 first and then wait for PB 8.0 later this year. Any thoug...

PB GPFs while migrating an app from PB 5.0.2 to PB 8.0.1
Hi, I am trying to migrate an application from PB 5.0.02 to PB 8.0.01. The application runs perfectly under PB 5.0.02. While migrating the app, I get the following message: Pb80 has caused an error in PBVM80.DLL. Then PB crashes. Any suggestions? Moreover, does anyone know of some white paper with some advices on migrating apps? Thx Luca Before migrating, you should run the Migration Assistant (File / New / Tools). Make any suggested changes with PB5 before migrating. Of course, backup, backup, backup. Then, optimize all the PBLs and do a Full Rebuild (Library Pain...

Migrating from PB 4.0 to PB 5.0
I am hving a hard time trying to convert from Powerbuilder v4.0 to v5.0. After I have migrated the entire application, i then try to open up a Window and keep getting the message "Open of Window failed. Application has been converted to newest version; window must be re-migrated". I then try to re-migrate the Window and re-open it and again the same message. Any ideas?? Does it definitely say 'remigrated' and not 'regenerated'? If the latter, then regenerating all objects should sort it. Mark Sanford wrote in message <01bd8e64$08e151e0$a4012682@s...

Oracle Client 8.1.7
Hi all, I have a question about compatibility between PB native driver and oracle sql*net for different versions of Power Builder. We have 3 applications developed in 3 different versions of Power Builder: 5.00.0.0, 6.5.1.620 and 7.0.10047 All of them are using the Oracle Client 8.1.6 and accessing via PB Native Driver to Oracle. Although this is combination is not supported, the person in charge of the PB part tested this combination and decided to upgrade the oracle client from version 7.3.X to 8.1.6. So far it is working properly for us. Now, if it is decided to move to ora...

Web resources about - Migration from PB 5.0 to PB 7.0 - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Migration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bacterium in Otzi the Iceman's stomach provides human migration clues
An insight into the peopling of Europe has emerged from an unlikely source: the stomach contents of a 5300-year-old body pulled from a thawing ...

Sydney Festival review: The Migration's brilliance undermined by flawed sound
Australian jazz made a welcome return to Sydney Festival with the premiere of Stu Hunter's new suite.

The human migration out of Africa left its mark in mutations
(credit: Wikimedia Commons ) When it comes to evolution, people tend to focus on the big driving force of natural selection, which latches on ...

Is Apple really building an iOS to Android migration tool?
Apple is rumored to be working on a tool that will make it easier for iOS users to migrate to Android, following pressure from major European ...

PAUL RYAN WHINES: Cruz and Sessions Lying About Omnibus Funding New Wave of Muslim Migration
... as “a great victory for the principles Democrats stand for.” Ryan specifically condemned what he termed “hyperbole” surrounding immigration ...

Merkel-Enhanced Migration Problem: Million Refugees Hit Europe, 80% Through Greece by Boat; Turkish Mafia ...
... So why isn't anything concrete being done? Why the Problem Is Not Fixed If Turkey, Greece, or Germany really wanted to solve the migration ...

Website migration guide: a Google Analytics & Tag Manager checklist
Hopping on the bandwagon started by Stephen Kenwright’s blog post on website migration for SEO . From that you know that if a site migration ...

Sex assaults inflame Germany’s migration battle
Scores of alleged sexual assaults against German women have added another dimension to the country’ s fraught debate over migration. The FT reports. ...

Apple iOS 9.3 download and the mystery of Android migration
The Apple iOS 9.3 download is now available (a beta, natch). Richi rounds up the interesting features, but also ponders the rumor that Cupertino ...