I am migrating a PFC based Powerbuilder 8 App. to PowerBuilder 11, I
am getting errors like illegal data type.
for a NVO n_cst_platformwin32 i am getting a syntax error, its not
allowing me to open that object.

Requesting your help
thanks & regards
Vimal Sanghvi

0
vimal

If you're object (or any related object) failed to migrate
successfully, you won't be able to edit it in a regular painter;
you'll have to Edit Source to modify it.

If you're migrating, a glance through my Migration Guide (see below)
may help. The methodology there would allow you to identify your
problems and change them in (PB8) painters.

As for your specific error, n_cst_platformwin32 is an extension layer
object, which is distributed as an empty object, so anything in there
is something your team has added. We aren't in a position to suggest
solutions without a lot more information.

Good luck,

On Mon, 08 Oct 2007 06:24:22 -0700, vimal.sanghvi@cognizant.com wrote:

>I am migrating a PFC based Powerbuilder 8 App. to PowerBuilder 11, I
>am getting errors like illegal data type.
>for a NVO n_cst_platformwin32 i am getting a syntax error, its not
>allowing me to open that object.
*********************************
Need to get up to speed on PB11? In North America?
http://www.isug.com/pb11tour
*********************************
Click once a day to help the hungry
http://www.thehungersite.com
*********************************
Newsgroup User Manual
=====================
TeamSybase <> Sybase employee
Forums = Peer-to-peer
Forums <> Communication with Sybase
IsNull (AnswerTo (Posting)) can return TRUE
Forums.Moderated = TRUE, so behave or be deleted
*********************************

PB Futures updated Apr 24/2006
See the PB Troubleshooting & Migration Guides at the Sandbox
^ ^
o o
=*=
0
Terry
10/8/2007 2:49:20 PM
I had the same issue when migrating from 8 to 11. But it
resolved when I downloaded the latest version of PFC from
http://pfc.codexchange.sybase.com instead of old.

> Hi,
> I am migrating a PFC based Powerbuilder 8 App. to
> PowerBuilder 11, I am getting errors like illegal data
> type. for a NVO n_cst_platformwin32 i am getting a syntax
> error, its not allowing me to open that object.
>
> Requesting your help
> thanks & regards
> Vimal Sanghvi

0
Jemson
10/8/2007 4:06:27 PM
Hi Terry,
Thanks a lot for your help, I have been able to successfully Migrate
the application.
But could not get rid of syntax error in n_cst_platformwin32. Is there
any way by which I can find, for what function I am getting that
error.
I have copied the exact error here.

  ---------- Compiler: Errors
vrvapsrv.pbl(n_cst_platformwin32).29: Error       C0031: Syntax error
 ---------- Finished Errors   (1:36:23 PM)

thanks a lot
vimal

On Oct 8, 7:49 pm, Terry Voth <seq...@techno-kitten.com> wrote:
> If you're object (or any related object) failed to migrate
> successfully, you won't be able to edit it in a regular painter;
> you'll have to Edit Source to modify it.
>
> If you're migrating, a glance through my Migration Guide (see below)
> may help. The methodology there would allow you to identify your
> problems and change them in (PB8) painters.
>
> As for your specific error, n_cst_platformwin32 is an extension layer
> object, which is distributed as an empty object, so anything in there
> is something your team has added. We aren't in a position to suggest
> solutions without a lot more information.
>
> Good luck,
>
> Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techno-kitten
>
> On Mon, 08 Oct 2007 06:24:22 -0700, vimal.sang...@cognizant.com wrote:
> >I am migrating a PFC based Powerbuilder 8 App. to PowerBuilder 11, I
> >am getting errors like illegal data type.
> >for a NVO n_cst_platformwin32 i am getting a syntax error, its not
> >allowing me to open that object.
>
> *********************************
> Need to get up to speed on PB11? In North America?http://www.isug.com/pb11tour
> *********************************
> Click once a day to help the hungryhttp://www.thehungersite.com
> *********************************
> Newsgroup User Manual
> =====================
> TeamSybase <> Sybase employee
> Forums = Peer-to-peer
> Forums <> Communication with Sybase
> IsNull (AnswerTo (Posting)) can return TRUE
> Forums.Moderated = TRUE, so behave or be deleted
> *********************************
>
> Sequel's Sandbox:http://www.techno-kitten.com
> Home of PBL Peeper, a free PowerBuilder Developer's Toolkit.
> Version 3.0.02 now available at the Sandbox
> PB Futures updated Apr 24/2006
> See the PB Troubleshooting & Migration Guides at the Sandbox
> ^ ^
> o o
> =*=

0
vimal
10/9/2007 8:08:46 AM
I believe that means the problem is on line 29 of the export; beyond
that, there's nothing I can tell. You can try to dump the object and
create a new one, adding the functionality back in piece by piece by
copying from the saved export of the old migrated version. (Don't
forget that migrated versions of many of your external function
declarations will have the ANSI qualifier added; don't try to copy
from the PB8 version.)

Good luck,

On Tue, 09 Oct 2007 01:08:46 -0700, vimal.sanghvi@cognizant.com wrote:

>Hi Terry,
>Thanks a lot for your help, I have been able to successfully Migrate
>the application.
>But could not get rid of syntax error in n_cst_platformwin32. Is there
>any way by which I can find, for what function I am getting that
>error.
>I have copied the exact error here.
>
>  ---------- Compiler: Errors
>vrvapsrv.pbl(n_cst_platformwin32).29: Error       C0031: Syntax error
> ---------- Finished Errors   (1:36:23 PM)
>
>thanks a lot
>vimal
>
>On Oct 8, 7:49 pm, Terry Voth <seq...@techno-kitten.com> wrote:
>> If you're object (or any related object) failed to migrate
>> successfully, you won't be able to edit it in a regular painter;
>> you'll have to Edit Source to modify it.
>>
>> If you're migrating, a glance through my Migration Guide (see below)
>> may help. The methodology there would allow you to identify your
>> problems and change them in (PB8) painters.
>>
>> As for your specific error, n_cst_platformwin32 is an extension layer
>> object, which is distributed as an empty object, so anything in there
>> is something your team has added. We aren't in a position to suggest
>> solutions without a lot more information.
>>
>> Good luck,
>>
>> Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techno-kitten
>>
>> On Mon, 08 Oct 2007 06:24:22 -0700, vimal.sang...@cognizant.com wrote:
>> >I am migrating a PFC based Powerbuilder 8 App. to PowerBuilder 11, I
>> >am getting errors like illegal data type.
>> >for a NVO n_cst_platformwin32 i am getting a syntax error, its not
>> >allowing me to open that object.
*********************************
Need to get up to speed on PB11? In North America?
http://www.isug.com/pb11tour
*********************************
Click once a day to help the hungry
http://www.thehungersite.com
*********************************
Newsgroup User Manual
=====================
TeamSybase <> Sybase employee
Forums = Peer-to-peer
Forums <> Communication with Sybase
IsNull (AnswerTo (Posting)) can return TRUE
Forums.Moderated = TRUE, so behave or be deleted
*********************************

PB Futures updated Apr 24/2006
See the PB Troubleshooting & Migration Guides at the Sandbox
^ ^
o o
=*=
0
Terry
10/9/2007 11:05:24 AM
Hi Terry,
thanks, I already found that error is in following external function
declaration... in the alias part we have '@' in function name.. &
thats causing the problem i guess.. if i remove '@' its getting
exported correctly...
can I use _GetBrowsePath@12 function name within the quotes?

FUNCTION Integer GetBrowsePath ( UnsignedLong hwndOwner, &
			REF String sPath, &
			String sTitle ) &
			LIBRARY "appdll.dll" &
			ALIAS FOR _GetBrowsePath@12
Please help
Thanks & Regards
Vimal

On Oct 9, 4:05 pm, Terry Voth <seq...@techno-kitten.com> wrote:
> I believe that means the problem is on line 29 of the export; beyond
> that, there's nothing I can tell. You can try to dump the object and
> create a new one, adding the functionality back in piece by piece by
> copying from the saved export of the old migrated version. (Don't
> forget that migrated versions of many of your external function
> declarations will have the ANSI qualifier added; don't try to copy
> from the PB8 version.)
>
> Good luck,
>
> Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techno-kitten
>

> On Tue, 09 Oct 2007 01:08:46 -0700, vimal.sang...@cognizant.com wrote:
> >Hi Terry,
> >Thanks a lot for your help, I have been able to successfully Migrate
> >the application.
> >But could not get rid of syntax error in n_cst_platformwin32. Is there
> >any way by which I can find, for what function I am getting that
> >error.
> >I have copied the exact error here.
>
> >  ---------- Compiler: Errors
> >vrvapsrv.pbl(n_cst_platformwin32).29: Error       C0031: Syntax error
> > ---------- Finished Errors   (1:36:23 PM)
>
> >thanks a lot
> >vimal
>
> >On Oct 8, 7:49 pm, Terry Voth <seq...@techno-kitten.com> wrote:
> >> If you're object (or any related object) failed to migrate
> >> successfully, you won't be able to edit it in a regular painter;
> >> you'll have to Edit Source to modify it.
>
> >> If you're migrating, a glance through my Migration Guide (see below)
> >> may help. The methodology there would allow you to identify your
> >> problems and change them in (PB8) painters.
>
> >> As for your specific error, n_cst_platformwin32 is an extension layer
> >> object, which is distributed as an empty object, so anything in there
> >> is something your team has added. We aren't in a position to suggest
> >> solutions without a lot more information.
>
> >> Good luck,
>
> >> Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techno-kitten

> *********************************
> Need to get up to speed on PB11? In North America?http://www.isug.com/pb11tour
> *********************************
> Click once a day to help the hungryhttp://www.thehungersite.com
> *********************************
> Newsgroup User Manual
> =====================
> TeamSybase <> Sybase employee
> Forums = Peer-to-peer
> Forums <> Communication with Sybase
> IsNull (AnswerTo (Posting)) can return TRUE
> Forums.Moderated = TRUE, so behave or be deleted
> *********************************
>
> Sequel's Sandbox:http://www.techno-kitten.com
> Home of PBL Peeper, a free PowerBuilder Developer's Toolkit.
> Version 3.0.02 now available at the Sandbox
> PB Futures updated Apr 24/2006
> See the PB Troubleshooting & Migration Guides at the Sandbox
> ^ ^
> o o

vimal
10/9/2007 11:44:47 AM
On Oct 9, 4:44 pm, vimal.sang...@cognizant.com wrote:
> Hi Terry,
> thanks, I already found that error is in following external function
> declaration... in the alias part we have '@' in function name.. &
> thats causing the problem i guess.. if i remove '@' its getting
> exported correctly...
> can I use _GetBrowsePath@12 function name within the quotes?
>
> FUNCTION Integer GetBrowsePath ( UnsignedLong hwndOwner, &
>                         REF String sPath, &
>                         String sTitle ) &
>                         LIBRARY "appdll.dll" &
>                         ALIAS FOR _GetBrowsePath@12
> Please help
> Thanks & Regards
> Vimal
>
> On Oct 9, 4:05 pm, Terry Voth <seq...@techno-kitten.com> wrote:
>

> > I believe that means the problem is on line 29 of the export; beyond
> > that, there's nothing I can tell. You can try to dump the object and
> > create a new one, adding the functionality back in piece by piece by
> > copying from the saved export of the old migrated version. (Don't
> > forget that migrated versions of many of your external function
> > declarations will have the ANSI qualifier added; don't try to copy
> > from the PB8 version.)
>
> > Good luck,
>
> > Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techno-kitten
>
> > On Tue, 09 Oct 2007 01:08:46 -0700, vimal.sang...@cognizant.com wrote:
> > >Hi Terry,
> > >Thanks a lot for your help, I have been able to successfully Migrate
> > >the application.
> > >But could not get rid of syntax error in n_cst_platformwin32. Is there
> > >any way by which I can find, for what function I am getting that
> > >error.
> > >I have copied the exact error here.
>
> > >  ---------- Compiler: Errors
> > >vrvapsrv.pbl(n_cst_platformwin32).29: Error       C0031: Syntax error
> > > ---------- Finished Errors   (1:36:23 PM)
>
> > >thanks a lot
> > >vimal

> > *********************************
> > Need to get up to speed on PB11? In North America?http://www.isug.com/pb11tour
> > *********************************
> > Click once a day to help the hungryhttp://www.thehungersite.com
> > *********************************
> > Newsgroup User Manual
> > =====================
> > TeamSybase <> Sybase employee
> > Forums = Peer-to-peer
> > Forums <> Communication with Sybase
> > IsNull (AnswerTo (Posting)) can return TRUE
> > Forums.Moderated = TRUE, so behave or be deleted
> > *********************************
>
> > Sequel's Sandbox:http://www.techno-kitten.com
> > Home of PBL Peeper, a free PowerBuilder Developer's Toolkit.
> > Version 3.0.02 now available at the Sandbox
> > PB Futures updated Apr 24/2006
> > See the PB Troubleshooting & Migration Guides at the Sandbox
> > ^ ^
> > o o

I think that should work in Help ex. also they have used quotes..

0
vimal
10/9/2007 11:53:24 AM
I've never even seen an ALIAS without quotes, so you're in new water for
me. I'd definitely start with that.

Good luck,

--
*********************************
Need to get up to speed on PB11? In North America?
http://www.isug.com/pb11tour
*********************************
Click once a day to help the hungry
http://www.thehungersite.com
*********************************
Newsgroup User Manual
=====================
TeamSybase <> Sybase employee
Forums = Peer-to-peer
Forums <> Communication with Sybase
IsNull (AnswerTo (Posting)) can return TRUE
Forums.Moderated = TRUE, so behave or be deleted
*********************************

PB Futures updated Apr 24/2006
See the PB Troubleshooting & Migration Guides at the Sandbox
^ ^
o o
=*=
0
Terry

Problem registering dll created in Powerbuilder 8 and migrated to Powerbuilder 11
Hi, We have created a dll in Powerbuilder 8 as a com/mts application. This dll was then migrated to powerbuilder 11.1 build 8204. I am able to build the dll on my development machine and properly register the dll on my development machine on windows 7. When i deploy my dll and test application to a clean windows xp box, i am unable to register my dll using regsvr32. No error is displayed and the message box identifing that the registration was successful is never displayed. I have deployed all Powerbuilder 11 runtime using the powerbuilder runtime packager. I also deployed...

Conflict
I have PowerBuilder 8 enterprise in my system for my existing packages. I would like to test my packages in PowerBuilder 11 Beta version. Is there any problem if I download and install the Beta version of PowerBuilder 11, to the system which contain the PowerBuilder 8? Thanks... The beta is over, but the evaluation version is available at http://response.sybase.com/forms/WW_PB11_Eval There shouldn't be any problem with multiple versions of PB on the same machine - different folder and dll names. Many of us have run 3 or 4 different versions concurrently! <Jemson Kuriak...

Migrating from PowerBuilder 6.5 to PowerBuilder 8.0
We are doing a feasibility study of migrating a PFC based PowerBuilder Application from v6.5 to v8.0. This application is heavily PFC depended and also includes many custom based core layers. If anybody has done (PFC based) powerbuilder migration prior kindly suggest the best approach on the following. 1) How to successfully migrate from PowerBuilder 6.5/PFC - PowerBuilder 8.0/PFC. 2) How to fix/resolve post migration errors etc... . Any help or suggestion will be appreciated. Thanks and Regards Vamsi ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide....

Powerbuilder 7 (NT) to Powerbuilder 8 (win2000) has migration issues
I work for a company called Stanley Associates, and we have independent applications that were created under powerbuilder. Up until recently we had been using PB7 without any problems or compilation errors. Upon creating a new workspace, adding a target, and doing the initial rebuild, we ran into several information statements and even some errors in our migration/compilation. Silly statements like window name is invalid due to global variable of same type, or incomatible types in assignment. several erorrs and information that make no sense, yet never came up in version 7. What ar...

Migration to PowerBuilder 6.5 from Powerbuilder 4.0
Hi all, I'm going to migrate from Powerbuilder 4.0 to Powerbuilder 6.5 soon. I would like to know if I have to migrate previously to Powerbuilder 5.0, or if it is possible to migrate directly from Powerbuilder 4.0 to 6.5. In the last case I would like to know if I can have any problems during the upgrade process. Thanks in advance... On Wed, 17 Feb 1999 13:46:07 +0100, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general "Jorge Salamanca" <jsalamanca@fintec.es> wrote: >Hi all, > >I'm going to migrate from Powerbuilder 4.0 to Powerbuilder 6.5 soo...

Powerbuilder 9.0 vs. Powerbuilder 8.0
What is the difference in Powerbilder 9.0 and 8.0? I would like to point out that the Appeon newsgroup is monitored by Sybase and Appeon engineering staff who are very knowledgeable about Appeon issues. Question that are purely PowerBuilder-related are best answered by the staff and users of the PowerBuilder newsgroup: sybase.public.powerbuilder.XXXX. Please post to the appropriate newsgroup so you receive the help you desire. Thanks, Julie Jiang Appeon Corporation <dburris@onesolution.com> wrote in message news:40589011.2717.846930886@sybase.com... > What is the diffe...

Dropping Distributed PowerBuilder Support in PowerBuilder 8.0
I heard a long time ago that distributed PowerBuilder support was going to be dropped in PowerBuilder 8.0 in lieu of using EAServer. Is that true? When is PowerBuilder 8.0 coming out. Target for PB8 is Q1 2001. DPB is not being enhanced but the capabilities will still be there. On Fri, 18 Aug 2000 09:40:03 -0400, Chuck_Kiefriter wrote: >I heard a long time ago that distributed PowerBuilder support was going to >be dropped in PowerBuilder 8.0 in lieu of using EAServer. Is that true? >When is PowerBuilder 8.0 coming out. Chuck, I apologize, but I gave you inac...

Use PowerBuilder DLL in PowerBuilder

Powerbuilder 5 to Powerbuilder 10

PowerBuilder 8
Hello All, My company is planning on migrating are large application from 6.5.1 to PB 8.x. I have a few questions in regards to this... (1) Has Sybase published a list of PB 8 migration issues, do's and don'ts...? (2) Has Sybase published a list of current bug issues in PB v8.0...? (3) Has anyone migrated to PB 8, particularly from 6.x...? Thanks You... Jacob L. jacob_ll@yahoo.com Jacob, As to #3, I migrated a large 6.5.1 PFC-based application to PB8 (beta 4) several weeks ago. There was absolutely no problems encountered during the migration. It even...

PowerBuilder 11 and .NET: Callback function that passes foreign types to PowerBuilder
Hi I'm using a C# assembly to catch COM events (using IConnectionPoint etc) from a particular API. But instead of handling the events in .NET, I pass the information on back to PB so it simulates a type of callback. It seems to work, but I don't know for how long. This is the one the events that gets raised. The _notifyItemMethod is the name of the method on the PowerBuilder object. The _pbSession is obtained from the .Session property of the PowerBuilder object that I pass to the constructor of the event handler. public void NtfyItem(string oper, int flags, ...

Any resource on PowerBuilder webcast / training for new PowerBuilder developer (PB 8 or ...)
Hi, I wonder if you guys know any links to help a new PowerBuilder developer? I have a friend who is indeed needs to get a hands on DataWindow to maintain several existing reports in PB 8 or 9. She has a .NET background but not PowerBuilder. Please let me know. Thanks. -- Eddy Soeparmin The "Getting Started" documentation/tutorial should help... http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/topic/com.sybase.dc37772_1150/html/pbgs/title.htm ....there's also analogous documentation going back to v10.0... http://sybooks.sybase.com/nav/detail.do?docset=430 ......

Powerbuilder 9.0 Migration from powerbuilder 7.0.3 problem
Hi all, i was trying an migrate an powerbuilder 7.0.3 application to powerbuilder 9.0(PFC BASED APPLICATION (PFC objects version PB 6.5) ) during migration i am getting this error. tcmborrower.pbl(w_cursor_check).w_cursor_check.open.2: Error C0163: The definition of referenced global variable sqlca was improperly compiled in object trcomps Did anybody faced this kind of error? Thx Ashok JPMORGAN ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp First error message which i got during the migration is : tcmappl.pb...

Powerbuilder 11 -> 11.1 migration for webforms
I have had a server running my webforms applications for a while now. I upgraded my development enviroment to 11.1. So i'm guessing I need to do the same thing to the runtime that is sitting on the server. Couple of questions. #1. Is there a step process to upgrade this server? #2. Do I have to rebuild all my webform applications Thanks Yes, you should install the updated runtime assemblies and unmanaged DLLs on your server. You can use the PowerBuilder Runtime packager to do that. When you are finished there should be 24 sybase.powerbuilder assemblies in the GAC. I r...

Web resources about - Migrating PowerBuilder 8 to Powerbuilder 11 - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles