Migrating from PB 6.5 to PB 9.0 #2

After migrating our PB 6.5 application to PB 9.0 it showed
up warnings for GetSQLPreview function. Is it safe to leave
this as it is? Since they are quite a lot. Will it cause any
problems?

Thanks,
Rahul
0
Rahul

The help file in PB8 states:
Obsolete method  GetSQLPreview is obsolete and will be discontinued in the
near future. You should replace all references to GetSQLPreview as soon as
possible. The SQL syntax is available as an argument in the DBError and
SQLPreview events.

That means that Sybase has warned you that the function won't be around
forever. You're going to have to address the issue at some point. Is now
better than later?

<Rahul S.> wrote in message news:422f1ed7.2710.1681692777@sybase.com...
> After migrating our PB 6.5 application to PB 9.0 it showed
> up warnings for GetSQLPreview function. Is it safe to leave
> this as it is? Since they are quite a lot. Will it cause any
> problems?
>
> Thanks,
> Rahul

0
Jason

Application running slow after Migrating from PB 6.5 -> PB 9.0.2
Hi, We have migrated our application from PB 6.5 TO pb9.0.2. We have around 80 pbls. In PB 6.5 , application used to be fast. I mean EXE. In PB 9.0.2 , exe is running slow. We are not using PFC DATABASE is : Oracle 8.1.7.4.0 Any suggestion/help would be greatly appreciated. Regards, Kavitha.M That's really not enough information to be helpful. You probably need to do some profiling of your application to determine what operations are taking too much time. Once you've narrowed it down somewhat we may be able to help. On 28 Feb 2005 22:54:22 -0800, Kavitha wro...

Migrating from PB 6.5 to PB 9.0
Sybase will be giving our company a presentation on migrating from PB 6.5 to PB 9.0 with a view to deploying to the WEB. Our application is three tier. IBM DB2 PB App Servers on Mid teir Servers PB Client applications on WinNT and Win98 PCs If anyone has any experiences (usually bad) with migration issues I would appreciate any input or advice on specific questions and issues we should bring up at this presentation. Thanks Snookyt What app servers are you using now? Is this currently a DPB app? On Thu, 2 May 2002 15:07:36 -0400, in powersoft.public.powerbuilde...

Migration from PB 6.5 to PB 9.0
Hello, We are in the process of migrating from PB 6.5 to 9.0.1 Build 7096. We found that when we are inserting rows using PB 6.5 it was found that the SQL which got generated in where was : WHERE APPLICANT_ID = NULL, In PB 9.0 the same datawindow is generating SQL as : WHERE APPLICANT_ID is NULL. The 2nd one is taking a long time to display the blank screen. Is there any solution to this which can be put in the INI file? Environment is Oracle 9i R2 and PB 9.0 using O84 drivers. Regards Ravi Why are you not using the "O90" drivers? "RH" <rharv...

PB GPFs while migrating an app from PB 5.0.2 to PB 8.0.1
Hi, I am trying to migrate an application from PB 5.0.02 to PB 8.0.01. The application runs perfectly under PB 5.0.02. While migrating the app, I get the following message: Pb80 has caused an error in PBVM80.DLL. Then PB crashes. Any suggestions? Moreover, does anyone know of some white paper with some advices on migrating apps? Thx Luca Before migrating, you should run the Migration Assistant (File / New / Tools). Make any suggested changes with PB5 before migrating. Of course, backup, backup, backup. Then, optimize all the PBLs and do a Full Rebuild (Library Pain...

Migration from PB 5/6.5 to PB 9
Hi, if anyone could provide with a link to a document/whitpaper on migrating from PB5/6.5 to PB 9 giving details about methodology, complexties in it etc. Thanks in advance. Gurpreet Singh You can use the following link http://www.techno-kitten.com/Changes_to_PowerBuilder/changes_to_powerbuilder.html Vinay Karwal > Hi, if anyone could provide with a link to a > document/whitpaper on migrating from PB5/6.5 to PB 9 > giving details about methodology, complexties in it etc. > > Thanks in advance. > Gurpreet Singh http://www.techno- kitten.com/Changes_t...

Powerbuilder Upgrade Issues (PB 6.5 to PB 9.0.1)
Hello, We are having some issues while trying to upgrade from PB 6.5 to PB 9.0.1 The database is Sybase .I was hoping if you could post in any usergroups Background: There is a window w_child inherited from w_parent.The datasource of this dw_1 is a Stored Procedure that runs in Sybase ASE 12.5 In ue_1 of w_parent there is a dw_1.retrieve(arg1,arg2). ue_1 of w_child extends ue_1of w_parent. In ue_1 of w_child the code checks the condition dw_1.rowcount() >0 based on which it decides on the execution flow. Issue: While running the application, no rows are getting re...

PB 7.0 or PB 6.5 or PB 6.0 or PB5.04

Migrate/Upgrade from PB 5.0.xx to PB 8.0/9.0
Hi, I am having the PB 5.0.xx Applications running on my pc at this moment. I have to Migrate/Upgrade them to PB 8/9. What is the best way to get this? Can any one give me some guidance on this? Thanks for your Help in Advance Regards Migrating: - Backup - Optimize in PB5 - Full Rebuild in PB5, with Information and Warning messages turned on - Backup, send it offside - Run Migration Assistant (File / New / Tools in PB8/9) - Fix the identified issues using PB5 <doublechecking> - Optimize in PB5 - Full Rebuild in PB5, with Information and Warning messages t...

problem with migration pb 6.5 to pb 6.0
after problems in compilation with pb 6.5, I compile librairies in pb 6.0 and it is ok. But, in menu, letters with accent ("�" or "�" ) become "o". thanks to say me if it's normal... ...

PB 5.0.04 to PB 6.5 Migration
This sounds like a goofy question but I am migrating some PFC dependant applications from PB 5.0.04 to PB 6.5 and was going to reset the library list to the new PB 6.5 PFC libraries, but I can't find them in 6.5. Where are they? Check to make sure you installed them. By default, unless you do a custom install, they aren't. (Don't ask me why, I think they should be deployed by default so everyone can start using them). If they were, then look under: C:\Program Files\Sybase\PB6\ADK\PFC On Thu, 6 May 1999 09:32:37 -0500, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder....

Migrating from PB 5.0.02 to PB 6.5...
Hello, The migration went pretty well, but I have an error and don't know where to look. Here it is: Object: ue_cie_ie Instance Variables (0031): Error C0176: Badly ordered TYPE and VARIABLE declarations. Is this modified exported source? Any ideas?? Thanks in Advance, Fred. (fred.goldbach@fiserv.com) What's on line 31 of the instance variables? Terry [TeamPS] and Sequel the techno-kitten On Fri, 21 Aug 1998 19:06:08 -0400, Fred Goldbach <fred.goldbach@fiserv.com> wrote: > The migration went pretty well, but I have an error and...

W2K, ASE 11.9.2, PB 6.5 and PB 7.0 Database Painter
My application runs fine in compilted and debug using Powerbuilder 6.5 and 7.0, but I get all kinds of errors when trying to use the Database Painter in both versions. We just did a mass migration from Win NT 4.0 to Windows 2000 with the latest versions of Sybase drivers, Powerbuilder and Windows 200 patches. When selecting a table from the table catalog list I get.. ct_param(): user api layer: external error: An illegal value of 256 was placed in the status field of the of CS_DATAFMT structure. When running any type of SELECT statement from the Database Adminstrator I ge...

Problems migrating from PB 5.0.03 to PB 6.5
I am having problems running the my application after migrating it to PB 6.5. The application was migrated successfully. Then, I added all the new PFC objects and PBLs as per the guidelines provided by Sybase. The full rebuild was also successful except for a few warnings about instance variables of local structure type being implicit in the next release. However, when I start up the application and try to open any screen having datawindows, it crashes with Dr. Watson's error. Did anybody have a similar experience? Any help in this regard would be greatly appreciated. T...

Web resources about - Migrating from PB 6.5 to PB 9.0 #2 - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Thunderclap Migrating From Twitter to Facebook
Thunderclap, a mass-messaging service that gained popularity on Twitter, has set its sights on Facebook . Twitter recently booted Thunderclap ...

Facebook Migrating Unofficial Page Fans to Official Pages at Brand Owner’s Request
Rupesh Mandal is such an avid fan of the Opera Mini web browser that he set up a Page on Facebook totally devoted to celebrating it, and then ...

YouTube - Evaluating & Migrating to Cloud Storage
Hochgeladen am 31.08.2011 When evaluating cloud storage, no matter the need, there are criteria that must be placed above the rest, including: ...

UAE is the global leader in attracting migrating professionals, study finds
... with 28 per cent, was the leading source of professionals, according to the LinkedIn study. The UAE is the global leader in attracting migrating ...

Enchanting video shows hundreds of stingrays migrating through shallow waters
A video showing hundreds of stingrays migrating through shallow waters&nbsp;has gone viral,&nbsp;months after being uploaded to Facebook.

The krilling season: Whales keep tourists migrating south
Earlybird whale watchers in Eden have been rewarded with astounding acrobatic displays in the bay.

Migrating Swans were bound for glory, says great
Migrating Swans were bound for glory, says great

Researchers say Irukandji jellyfish migrating further south along Qld coast
Researchers say climate change could be altering the migration patterns of the dangerous Irukandji jellyfish along Qld's east coast.

Apple chip supplier TSMC announces record profits, migrating to more advanced technology
... Company , iPhone , and iPad continue reading at 9to5Mac . What do you think? Discuss "Apple chip supplier TSMC announces record profits, migrating ...

More eBay Merchants Migrating to Amazon in Search of Sales Growth
EBay's once-loyal merchants are moving more of their business to Amazon, saying they get more for their money by selling merchandise via the ...