Migrating from PB 5.0.02 to PB 6.5...

Hello,
  The migration went pretty well, but I have an error and don't know
where to look.
Here it is:
Object: ue_cie_ie   Instance Variables
            (0031): Error       C0176: Badly ordered TYPE and VARIABLE
declarations. Is this modified exported source?

Any ideas??

Thanks in Advance,
Fred. (fred.goldbach@fiserv.com)

0
Fred

What's on line 31 of the instance variables?

Terry [TeamPS] and Sequel the techno-kitten

On Fri, 21 Aug 1998 19:06:08 -0400, Fred Goldbach
<fred.goldbach@fiserv.com> wrote:

>  The migration went pretty well, but I have an error and don't know
>where to look.
>Here it is:
>Object: ue_cie_ie   Instance Variables
>            (0031): Error       C0176: Badly ordered TYPE and VARIABLE
>declarations. Is this modified exported source?
>
>Any ideas??

0
tvoth
8/22/1998 4:57:03 AM
There is a variable on line 30, declared as int iRowCount. I changed it to
integer iRowCount and that didn't
work either.

Thanks,
Fred.

Terry Voth wrote:

> What's on line 31 of the instance variables?
>
> Terry [TeamPS] and Sequel the techno-kitten
>
> On Fri, 21 Aug 1998 19:06:08 -0400, Fred Goldbach
> <fred.goldbach@fiserv.com> wrote:
>
> >  The migration went pretty well, but I have an error and don't know
> >where to look.
> >Here it is:
> >Object: ue_cie_ie   Instance Variables
> >            (0031): Error       C0176: Badly ordered TYPE and VARIABLE
> >declarations. Is this modified exported source?
> >
> >Any ideas??

0
Fred
--------------2A3235B0A8AE9825B7343BEA

I have attached the list of instance variables.

Thanks,
Fred.

Terry Voth wrote:

> What's on line 31 of the instance variables?
>
> Terry [TeamPS] and Sequel the techno-kitten
>
> On Fri, 21 Aug 1998 19:06:08 -0400, Fred Goldbach
> <fred.goldbach@fiserv.com> wrote:
>
> >  The migration went pretty well, but I have an error and don't know
> >where to look.
> >Here it is:
> >Object: ue_cie_ie   Instance Variables
> >            (0031): Error       C0176: Badly ordered TYPE and VARIABLE
> >declarations. Is this modified exported source?
> >
> >Any ideas??

--------------2A3235B0A8AE9825B7343BEA

type variables
transaction iTransaction

Boolean		ib_Authenticate = TRUE
Boolean		ib_BankList = FALSE
Boolean		ib_CorrCodList = FALSE
Boolean		ib_AcctNoList = FALSE

Boolean		ib_inHold = FALSE

DataWindowChild	DropDownPointer
DataWindowChild	AcctNoList
DataWindowChild	BankList
DataWindowChild	CorrCodList
DataWindowChild	EncoderList
DataWindowChild	OperatorList
DataWindowChild	SubAcctList

String		is_Column = "bankid"
String		is_LastBank = ""

String		is_LastBankEncoder = ""
String		is_LastBankAcct = ""
String		is_LastBankSubAcct = ""
String		is_LastAcct = ""

String		is_PassWord = ""
String		is_UserID = ""

int     iRowCount
end variables
--------------2A3235B0A8AE9825B7343BEA--

0
Fred
8/24/1998 12:59:58 PM
After some trial and error, it seemed to be a regeneration problem. I got
it fixed
and it's working now.

Thank you,
Fred.

Terry Voth wrote:

> What's on line 31 of the instance variables?
>
> Terry [TeamPS] and Sequel the techno-kitten
>
> On Fri, 21 Aug 1998 19:06:08 -0400, Fred Goldbach
> <fred.goldbach@fiserv.com> wrote:
>
> >  The migration went pretty well, but I have an error and don't know
> >where to look.
> >Here it is:
> >Object: ue_cie_ie   Instance Variables
> >            (0031): Error       C0176: Badly ordered TYPE and VARIABLE
> >declarations. Is this modified exported source?
> >
> >Any ideas??

0
Fred

PB 5.0.02 to PB 6.5
Hi, I tried to miograte our applications to PB6.5, all it's riht. In developpement mode, all it's ok. I do the excutable OK. I launch it : ERROR, call settrans object ....Datawindow information, not available !! I recompile the exe with trace mode and a lot of messages boxes to see if the SQLCA transaction, it's ok. I launch, transaction it's ok, I get the error message, the trace file is empty !!! What 's wrong doctor ? Could you give me some help ? fred Have you dynamically assigned the datawindow object - e.g., dw_1.DataObject='d_mydat...

PB 5.0.04 to PB 6.5 Migration
This sounds like a goofy question but I am migrating some PFC dependant applications from PB 5.0.04 to PB 6.5 and was going to reset the library list to the new PB 6.5 PFC libraries, but I can't find them in 6.5. Where are they? Check to make sure you installed them. By default, unless you do a custom install, they aren't. (Don't ask me why, I think they should be deployed by default so everyone can start using them). If they were, then look under: C:\Program Files\Sybase\PB6\ADK\PFC On Thu, 6 May 1999 09:32:37 -0500, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder....

Migrating from PB v5 to v5.0.02 and from 5.0.02 to 5.0.03.
Hello, 2 customers have requested information on how to migrate from PowerBuilder v5 to 5.0.02 and from 5.0.02 to 5.0.03. Can anyone offer advice? Do they both need to call Technical Support? I've looked in our Technical Information Library and entering requests via Query Builder yields nothing. Thank you very much. Deborah (Information Products Group) Deborah Blakeney wrote: > > Hello, > > 2 customers have requested information on how to migrate > from PowerBuilder v5 to 5.0.02 and from 5.0.02 to 5.0.03. Can > anyone offer advice? Do the...

Migration from PB 5.0.04 to PB 6.5.1
Hi, Anybody have experience in migrating PB application from 5.0.04 to 6.5.1? Is it a easy stuff, or we need to modify a lot for the migration? For the installation of PB 6.5.1, do I need to install 6.0, then 6.5, and then 6.5.1, and then 6.5.1 EBF, or I can start in the mid-way? Is there any performance gain (or loss) for 6.5.1 vs 5.0? Thanks in advance ...Andrew 11Jan2000 The migration should be straightforward. Back up your PB 5.0.04 source, run the migration once and note the errors, warnings, etc... that are generated from the migration. Fix those in your backed ...

Problems migrating from PB 5.0.03 to PB 6.5
I am having problems running the my application after migrating it to PB 6.5. The application was migrated successfully. Then, I added all the new PFC objects and PBLs as per the guidelines provided by Sybase. The full rebuild was also successful except for a few warnings about instance variables of local structure type being implicit in the next release. However, when I start up the application and try to open any screen having datawindows, it crashes with Dr. Watson's error. Did anybody have a similar experience? Any help in this regard would be greatly appreciated. T...

PB 6.5 Migrated from PB 5.0 Application deployment
I recently migrated a PFC/PFE application from PB 5.04 to 6.5. I have compiled it down to p-code and am able to run the application from both the developement environment & from the EXE on the machine that has PB 5.04 installed on it. When I move the application and the PB 6.5 deployment DLL's to a machine without PB 5.04 on it, it starts asking me for the whole set of PB 5.04 deplymnt DLL's. It's like there is some sort of dependance on PB 5.04 that I didn't break during the migration process. My OS is NT 4.0 SP4 and the application path includes the app/pbd'...

Building exe after migration from PB 5.0.04 to PB 6.5
I have copied all my librarries ans so on to a new folder. Then, after the migration have completed, I try to build an exe from my project. I get a list of info. and obsolete messages and accepts this. The build-proces continues but after writing all the objects I get an error: 'Error writing object information'. My question is: What is the meaning with this message?? jal@kmd.dk J�rn Aabel Luckow. ...

Migration From PB 5 to PB 6.5
Hello I am developing applicatons in PB from last three years, I am using PB 5.0.4 now I am planning to migrate on PB 6.5 or PB 7.00. Can anybody tell me what additional advantages I will get after switching from PB 5 to PB 6.5 or PB 7. I preffer I used PB 6.5 or PB 6.5.1 instead of PB 7 because I listen some users that PB 7 having some problems, Is it right? Thanks Haroon (Senior Programmer) Highnoon Laboratories Limited http://www.highnoon-labs.com You're in the wrong newsgroup. This one deals with Infomaker only. Use powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general. PB6: Distributed Applications, more support for different objects (COM etc). Currently supported version. PB5 is only supported for Y2K issues. PB7: Completely new interface. Takes some time to get used to, but then it works very well. Very nice integration with EAS (Jaguar) or MTS. Much better Distributed application possibilities. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Canadian Forest Oil Ltd. Haroon Rashid Qureshi wrote in message <380F4890.6EC0CACD@highnoon.com.pk>... >Hello > >I am developing applicatons in PB from last three years, I am using PB >5.0.4 now I am planning to migrate on PB 6.5 or PB 7.00. Can anybody >tell me what additional advantages I will get after switching from PB 5 >to PB 6.5 or PB 7. I preffer I used PB 6.5 or PB 6.5.1 instead of PB 7 >because I listen some users that PB 7 having some problems, Is it right? > >Than...

PB 5.0.4 Application can't migrate to PB 6.5
Hi, I try to migrate the application from PB5.0.4 to PB6.5. After migration, some errors occurs. Problem 1: A window ( say w_abc) which is inherited from another window (w_inherit). After migration, it has following errors Object: w_abc Instance Variables (0002) Error C0001: Illegal data type: istru_result istru_result - is a window structure in w_inherit window and it is used in w_abc instance variables In w_abc window, Instance variables: istru_result istru_result1 Problem 2: If a function which used string array ...

PB 7.0 or PB 6.5 or PB 6.0 or PB5.04

Can the PB 6.5 or 6.5.1 maintenance release be ran on PB 6.0
Yes. ...

problem with migration pb 6.5 to pb 6.0
after problems in compilation with pb 6.5, I compile librairies in pb 6.0 and it is ok. But, in menu, letters with accent ("�" or "�" ) become "o". thanks to say me if it's normal... ...

PB 5.0 to PB 6.5, 7.x, 8.0??
I have a client who needs to move from an initial PB 5.0 release (no patches applied) to a newer version of PB. This is a small internal application but they would like to open it up via the internet in the future. They are currently running on a SQL Anywhere DB but would be looking to change that also. I don't have any hands on experience with PB 7.x but from what I heard and read it hasn't been that great. I've been using PB 6.5 since build 444 and was thinking of recommending that they make the move to 6.5 first and then wait for PB 8.0 later this year. Any thoug...

PB 6.5.0 vs PB 6.5.1 with datastores
Hi all, I began developing a large application using PB 6.5.0 several months ago. For various reasons, we had to migrate the code to 6.5.1. After performing some recursion testing, we noticed that many operations involving datastores ( create, insert rows, update, destroy ) began generating random GPF/Page Faults. The code itself hasn't changed and was verified in PB 6.5.0 via extensive testing. This is a hard one to pinpoint since the crashing is somewhat random. I've read some posts that indicate that certain dot notation can be problematic. All objects were fully rebuilt...

Experiences with PB 6.5.1 vs. PB 6.5.0
Any people run into any problems with 6.5.1 (+ EBF 1163) that were not there in vanilla 6.5.0. We have to migrate very late in the game (1 week before going live!) due to problems with 6.5.0 Oracle drivers and I would appreciate any advice on anything that got broken in that release. TIA, -- -------------------------------------------------------------------- Jacek Furmankiewicz STS Systems - http://www.stssystems.com --------------------------------------------------------------------- 6.51 introduces a peculiar side effect during update() of datawindow - scrolls the d...

Migration from PB 5/6.5 to PB 9
Hi, if anyone could provide with a link to a document/whitpaper on migrating from PB5/6.5 to PB 9 giving details about methodology, complexties in it etc. Thanks in advance. Gurpreet Singh You can use the following link http://www.techno-kitten.com/Changes_to_PowerBuilder/changes_to_powerbuilder.html Vinay Karwal > Hi, if anyone could provide with a link to a > document/whitpaper on migrating from PB5/6.5 to PB 9 > giving details about methodology, complexties in it etc. > > Thanks in advance. > Gurpreet Singh http://www.techno- kitten.com/Changes_t...

PB 5.03 to PB 6.5 Migration
Hello Let me start with saying I am relatively new to Power Builder. I have inherited an application which was originally a 16 bit app developed in PB 5.03. The application displays scanned *.bmp images of signatures in a BLOB which are tied back to a database of manager names. I was given the task of migrating the app to PB 6.5 and recompiling a 32 bit version. In the 16 bit version the BLOB has a OLE Class set to a "Paint Brush picture" and it displays the *.bmp files fine. In the 32 bit version the BLOB has the OLE Class set to "Package". The selected ima...

Migrating PB 5.03 to PB 6.5
I'm migrating a aplication from PowerBuilder 5.03 to PowerBuilder 6.5. The aplication have pfc. I migrate the aplication with pfc's 5.03. I have this Error: C0159: Conversion of C:\Copia\lista.pbl(d_lst_det_emision_rv_det.dwo) failed. Probable library file I/O error I trink that the problem is the pbl is read-only, but no. When I try to open this object in 5.03 I don't have a problem. I optimize de pbl, I do a Full Rebuild but when I migrate to pb 6.5 I have this error. Another problem is this warning: Warning C0190: Instance variables of local structure type ('os_...

Migration from PB 5.3 to PB 6.5
If anyone can get me a document "Faxline 44505" through an e-mail, I'll really appreciate it. Please e-mail it to me at: gs1734@txmail.sbc.com Thanks in advance. Gary Faxline 44505 Tony Knoechelman tknoechelman@clientserver.com Client Server Associates http://www.clientserver.com PFC Application Migration and Upgrade from 5.0.x to 6.0 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---- SUMMARY: This document presents a specific set of steps to migrate an existing 5.0.x PFC application to PowerBuilder ...

apo_control from PB 5.0 to PB 6.5
I am testing an application that worked fine in PB 5.0.04 but does not work in PB 6.5. It has a specialized pfc_postupdate syntax in a window that was basically copied from PFC to the window, modified and then over-ridden. The problem is in the apo_control count for updated objects. Since going to 6.5 it does not account for all updated objects on the window (there should be 3 and it is only reporting 1)??? The debugger in PB 6.5 just sends me in circles when I try to locate the problem. Any help is greatly appreciated. Tom, Have you looked into the logical unit of work service. Register each of the three objects and it should solve your problem. -- Mark A. Singleton BEST Consulting marks@bestnet.com Tom Pitts <TPitts@Hillyard.com> wrote in message news:0cdkpuep#GA.205@forums.sybase.com... > I am testing an application that worked fine in PB 5.0.04 but does not work > in PB 6.5. It has a specialized pfc_postupdate syntax in a window that was > basically copied from PFC to the window, modified and then over-ridden. The > problem is in the apo_control count for updated objects. Since going to 6.5 > it does not account for all updated objects on the window (there should be 3 > and it is only reporting 1)??? The debugger in PB 6.5 just sends me in > circles when I try to locate the problem. Any help is greatly appreciated. > > Mark - thanks, I was just looking at that currently I use the of...

Migration from PB 5.04 to PB 6.5
Hi there! I need to make a System conversion. The System had made in Power Builder 5.04. I need to 'translate' it to Power Builder 6.5. Then, I need know what the problens and bugs in this MIGRATION... Thank you... Hi, There are no specific problems. First make a backup of your PB5.0.4 source and then migrate it to 6.5. If you get errors during the migration, repair them in the 5.0.04 sources and migrate again. HTH -- Gegroet - Eric Aling [TeamSybase], Cypres Informatisering, The Netherlands Eric's Home & PB Site @ http://utopia.knoware.nl/u...

migrating PB 5.03 to PB 6.5
I'm migrating a aplication from PowerBuilder 5.03 to PowerBuilder 6.5. The aplication have pfc. I migrate the aplication with pfc's 5.03. I have this Error: C0159: Conversion of C:\Copia\lista.pbl(d_lst_det_emision_rv_det.dwo) failed. Probable library file I/O error I trink that the problem is the pbl is read-only, but no. When I try to open this object in 5.03 I don't have a problem. I optimize de pbl, I do a Full Rebuild but when I migrate to pb 6.5 I have this error. Another problem is this warning: Warning C0190: Instance variables of local structure type ('os_resize') will be implicitly private in the next release. I try to put the structure out of the object, but the aplication don't run. I try to do private the instance structure but I call this structure from another object. Someone can I help me? Thank you. Diego. Please post to powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general This is for PB issues in EAServer/Jaguar Diego wrote: > I'm migrating a aplication from PowerBuilder 5.03 to PowerBuilder 6.5. The > aplication have pfc. I migrate the aplication with pfc's 5.03. > I have this Error: > C0159: Conversion of > C:\Copia\lista.pbl(d_lst_det_emision_rv_det.dwo) > failed. Probable library file I/O error > I trink that the problem is the pbl is read-only, but no. When I try to > open this object in 5.03 I don't have a problem. I optimize de pbl, I do a > Full Rebuild but when...

Oracle Client 8.1.7
Hi all, I have a question about compatibility between PB native driver and oracle sql*net for different versions of Power Builder. We have 3 applications developed in 3 different versions of Power Builder: 5.00.0.0, 6.5.1.620 and 7.0.10047 All of them are using the Oracle Client 8.1.6 and accessing via PB Native Driver to Oracle. Although this is combination is not supported, the person in charge of the PB part tested this combination and decided to upgrade the oracle client from version 7.3.X to 8.1.6. So far it is working properly for us. Now, if it is decided to move to ora...

Web resources about - Migrating from PB 5.0.02 to PB 6.5... - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Thunderclap Migrating From Twitter to Facebook
Thunderclap, a mass-messaging service that gained popularity on Twitter, has set its sights on Facebook . Twitter recently booted Thunderclap ...

Facebook Migrating Unofficial Page Fans to Official Pages at Brand Owner’s Request
Rupesh Mandal is such an avid fan of the Opera Mini web browser that he set up a Page on Facebook totally devoted to celebrating it, and then ...

YouTube - Evaluating & Migrating to Cloud Storage
Hochgeladen am 31.08.2011 When evaluating cloud storage, no matter the need, there are criteria that must be placed above the rest, including: ...

UAE is the global leader in attracting migrating professionals, study finds
... with 28 per cent, was the leading source of professionals, according to the LinkedIn study. The UAE is the global leader in attracting migrating ...

Enchanting video shows hundreds of stingrays migrating through shallow waters
A video showing hundreds of stingrays migrating through shallow waters&nbsp;has gone viral,&nbsp;months after being uploaded to Facebook.

The krilling season: Whales keep tourists migrating south
Earlybird whale watchers in Eden have been rewarded with astounding acrobatic displays in the bay.

Migrating Swans were bound for glory, says great
Migrating Swans were bound for glory, says great

Donald Trump vows to stop birds migrating to America next summer
SATIRE: “Under President Obama, birds have been pouring across our borders unabated. Just look out your window and you’ll see them. All sorts ...

Researchers say Irukandji jellyfish migrating further south along Qld coast
Researchers say climate change could be altering the migration patterns of the dangerous Irukandji jellyfish along Qld's east coast.

Apple chip supplier TSMC announces record profits, migrating to more advanced technology
... Company , iPhone , and iPad continue reading at 9to5Mac . What do you think? Discuss "Apple chip supplier TSMC announces record profits, migrating ...