migrating a powerbuilder application to a VB.Net application

I want to migrate an application built with powerbuilder to
a VB.Net application. Someone is supposed to work on that
application but the person can only work in the VB.Net
environment.So i want to find out if there is a way of
migrating my powerbuilder application to VB.Net
0
bernard

Wrong newsgroup :-)

<bernard>; <ghana> wrote in message
>I want to migrate an application built with powerbuilder to
> a VB.Net application. Someone is supposed to work on that
> application but the person can only work in the VB.Net
> environment.So i want to find out if there is a way of
> migrating my powerbuilder application to VB.Net

0
Philip

Deploying powerbuilder application as .NET web application
Hi when I deploy Client/Server PowerBuilder application as .NET Web application I get below output. Not even getting any bug messages. Checking IIS Server... Generating .NET assembly file... Deploy failed. Have deployed provided Tutorial application as Web application. It has successfully created and deployed. Any information is appreciated. If this question has to do with PB 11 WebForm deploys, you want to post it in the sybase.public.powerbuilder.net.webform section. This section is for DataWindow.Net, a different product. On 29 Jul 2008 05:32:55 -0700, Raju Gol...

Powerbuilder application "crashing" another powerbuilder application
This is a repost of the above subject since there has been some problem for messages posted on the 19th - 22nd July 2002. *************** Hi All, I have an application (App A)built using PB7.0.3 build 10077 and it seems to work fine. However, recently, another application (App B) built using PB 7.0.3 build 10047 as well was installed and it seems to trigger Dr Watson on App A. There is an embedded OCX on a "main" window on App A, which receives triggers from external applications. The OCX will then call another function sitting on another main window. That function w...

Powerbuilder refresh (VB.Net application.doevents)
Is there a powerbuilder way of performing application.doevents() ? I'd like to show a progressbar to a user when performing database maintenance (thousands of rows), where the progressbar is incremented one for each row processed. As the database maintenance job is rather big, what happens is that the dialog window with the progressbar is not refreshed until the whole job is complete (the response windows is also showing 'program is not responding'). Which then of course causes the user to miss the view of the progressbar incrementing. I've tried SetReDraw ...

Converting .net desktop application(vb.net app) to .net web application(asp.net app)
is it possible to convert/upgrad .net desktop application(vb.net application) to .net web application(asp.net application) ? If possible how? is there any extra software or wrapper for it? If possible please...Thanks..  There is no conversion software or wrappers that I know of. For the most part, you will have to rewrite it since the platforms are completely different.Cheers,       Kevin JonesMy Blog...

How to embed VB.Net application in ASP.Net web application
Hi, I developed a VB.Net application. I want to embed it in my ASP.Net application. Please help me to do the task.Regards,Jawad Naeem Hi , Its easy to embed a desktop application accessing the .NET framework and the class liberary but it depended on services that the application proivde as you know there are limitions as web applications doesn't act like fully desktop application so you should know what services does your application provides then you can do the following compile the application into DLL file or bulid it as exe but keep in mind classes should be public ...

PowerBuilder application migration
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_003A_01C2064F.CCE46B60 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable First of all, i apologize of the relative low level of my questions, i'm = not a PB developer. Though i need some feedback to help our customer to = make a choice between differents versions of PB : the candidates are PB = 6.5, 8 or 9. To goal consist of migrating an PB 5.04 application to the PB targeted = version. 1) Does the version 8 a good choice in regard of the latest versio...

converting Desktop (VB.Net) application to Web Application(ASP.Net)
Hi,Thanks in advance for your help.I have an application developed in VB6.0. I have migrated it to VB.net environment. We want the application to be made web enabled and change it to ASP.Net application.I am looking for help in How to proceed? I highly appreciate your help.Thank you,-Prakash hi,There is no any tool that would convert your windows application into web application. Both types of application has its own environment. regardsASP.NET Hosting (HostingFest) i heard of a program that will do this but this is not free!!! i do not know how correct is that?about the process if you w...

Can web application(asp.net) interact with Window Application(vb.net) or vice versa ?
Hi all, I am developing a web application by using asp.NET. But part of the application requirement is to interact with a window based application which is developed by using vb.Net.If there any way that i can call vb.NET API , and use that API inside my  asp.net (web application)?  All kindly reply are appreciated.  ~p@ywen~ nothing is impossible ^_^v Yes, you can use a Web service.ASP.NET Hosting (HostingFest)...

Migrating a Powerbuilder application to Vista
What are the issues which need to be addressed to enable a Powerbuilder 10.5, client-server application to run on Vista? The database is ASA 8. If someone can point me to a document, that would be great. Thanks There's an article in an upcoming version of PBDJ that covers that. It's based on one of this year's TechWave sessions. <Pixel> wrote in message news:46851656.41cc.1681692777@sybase.com... > What are the issues which need to be addressed to enable a > Powerbuilder 10.5, client-server application to run on > Vista? The database is ASA 8. If som...

Building Powerbuilder .Net applications
In Powerbuilder 11.1 our build was done using Powergen. Now we converted our Powerbuilder 11.1 code to Powerbuilder 12 .Net. What can we use to build in this version apart from creating a powerbuilder project? Is there a more efficient way because we have over 50 libraries? Thanks. The upcoming 12.2 is supposed to have the ability to build separate assemblies for libraries. I'm not sure when that will be released. On 12/30/2010 9:37 AM, Richard Ola wrote: > In Powerbuilder 11.1 our build was done using Powergen. Now > we converted our Powerbuilder 11.1 code to Powerbuild...

ASP.NET 2.0 Vs VB.NET 2.0 (Web Application VS Desktop Application)
Hello every body,  I am going to develope my final year project "A information system" but I dont know that what I have to choose (desktop or web application) can u tell me the advantages of asp.net over vb.net (desktop or web application) please specify the main and atteractive resons  Thank you. web = no install, cross platform compatibility. desktop = richer UI experience (subjective) and better user interaction. From the standpoint of a web developer: Web applications are usually easier to deploy.  Whenever you release a new version of your code, y...

VB.Net
Hi guys, hoping that you may be able to help me on this one. Is there anyway I can run a Console Application, from a button click (or similar) within my windows application. I am using VB.Net in Visual Studio 2005. Any help would be great. ThanksPhil This is an ASP.NET forum. For better responses refer to the winforms forum at MSDN http://forums.microsoft.com/msdn/default.aspx?siteid=1What you can do is launch a process that targets the executable file for the console application.  Hey, thanks for getting back to me - I am going to try calling in a batch file to run the con...

PowerBuilder Application Execution Error (R0094) Application terminated.
Hi all, Do you know what is the problem of EAS server (3.61) , it generate error as below. I try to find out but fail. Regards, Frankie May 21 15:05:48 2002: Frankie *** Refreshing Product Catalog May 21 15:05:48 2002: ACTIVATE for n_product May 21 15:05:48 2002: BEGINNING refresh() May 21 15:05:49 2002: PB exception caught in tryInvoke May 21 15:05:49 2002: DESTRUCTOR for n_product May 21 15:05:49 2002: SystemException: INTERNAL (orderentry/n_product/refresh__L - <system>@0.0.0.0) May 21 15:05:49 2002: PowerBuilder Application Execution Error (R0094) Application t...

OLE Application icons shown within a PowerBuilder application
Does anyone know how I can show the icon associated to an application that will be launched with a double click on a PB control? We are trying to offer the capability of attaching files in a PowerBuilder application and have been succesful on having the files stored in the database and from within PB launch the application, for example MS Word, Excel, etc. However, we would like to present the icon associated to the application that will be launched and don�t know how to do it. How can we do it? Any help, any idea will be appreciated. Thanks in advance ...

Web resources about - migrating a powerbuilder application to a VB.Net application - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles