merging multiple datawindows into a single datawindow

pb 9/win xp

Hi.

I am working on a reporting application which genetes a
datawindow as an output by connecting to access 2007 db and
displaying the columns from the database. In the report
window, I have a command button, when clicked, generates a
set of columns in a datawindow. again on clicking the same
button, generates next set of columns. Is there a way that I
can merge these different sets of columns into a single
datawindow ?

what I mean is can I merge the datawindows that are getting
generated by clicking the command button into a single
datawindow ?

thanks
0
anany

It's not 100% clear what you're doing, but a DataWindow can display any
set of columns that the database can return. If you can rewrite your two
SQL queries into one query that includes all the columns from both
queries, then you can build a new DataWindow and use the new one instead
of the two old ones. Of course, you'll want to be careful that you join
the tables from the two queries properly or else you'll end up with a
data mess.

That's the simple answer to the question you asked, but it also seemed
like you might have been looking for a more complex answer. If there are
issues that disallow the simple solution, maybe you can fill in some
details and we can come up with a more appropriate solution.

Good luck,

Terry and Sequel the techno-kitten

--
Sent from a device that hobbles my fingers and numbs my brain. Please
excuse any spelling errors, grammatical errors or brevity.

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

DataWindow Within DataWindow

datawindow

DataWindows and datawindow objects

modifiyin a datawindow in a datawindow
Hi, When I want to modify a datawindow, then it's just dw1.modify() But what do I have to do when I want to modify a datawindow in a datwindow ? I tried : dw1.dw2.modify() but that doesn't work. Anyone can help me out with this ? thanks. Regards, David get the dw via getchild & apply modify In article <4575976f.4dda.1681692777@sybase.com>, David says... > Hi, > When I want to modify a datawindow, then it's just > dw1.modify() > > But what do I have to do when I want to modify a datawindow > in a datwindow ? > I tried : dw...

Datawindows with child datawindows

Multiple database connections/single datawindow
Our customer requires separate databases for our personnel data and security data. However, they only want to input data from one screen (updates to two different 'personnel' tables in two different databases). We cannot use the SSN as the key (so the 'id' key has to be stored in each). What is the cleanest way to accomplish this? In ASA6.0 You can define 'proxy tables' (or something like that). Using that, you can address the tables from a different database through one connection. I think that would be the easiest way. Geert 'Darling' Van Damme...

Multiple DataWindow Update to single file
Hi there, I have a tab control of three tab pages. All three have individual data windows which reference the same table. How do I set up single insert/delete and commit functions for the entire tab control. IOW I want the user to go through the tab pages and then, when done filling out all three, choose a single command button on the window which will commit changes. Also, if the user hits INSERT, I want all three tab pages to go into insert mode, and all three to delete information if the user chooses delete. TIA Fred Brattain fred_brattain@msn.com fbrattain@telegroup.com If y...

I will print two datawindow in one page,and I use child datawindow.One master datawindow (dw_master)with two child datawindow(dc1 and dc2)
dw_master("dw_dc1",dc1) dw_master("dw_dc2",dc2) dc1 has a argument (arg1) dc2 has a argument (arg2) Arg1 and Arg2 are send by one column of dw_master. When I use retrieve() function,the datawindow can display normal,but when I print preview or use Zoom or printsetup() ,the childdatawindow dc2 can't display but dc1 normal! Why?? Thanks for your help! I'm having trouble understanding your question. Is this a composite or nested datawindow? On Mon, 6 May 2002 22:49:23 +0800, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.datawindow spark <fenfei79@hot...

Multiple DataWindows
I am trying to create a datawindow which houses two separate datawindows. When I try to retrieve the SQL goes off in limbo. I have copied the SQL and pasted it to a SQL session and the result set comes back within seconds. Procedure:(Using NT connection to Oracle 7.3.4) I created two separate datawindows with similar SQLs 1. Returns line item information 2. Returns summary information I then created a third datawindow and included these two datawindow objects within the third window. I call this third window upon execution and it hangs. Is there something that is neede...

Multiple datawindows!!!
Is it possible to put more than one data window on the same screen, when a control button is clicked, the new data window will appear updating the datbase with the data that is on the other data window, and so on until all the data windows are full of data, even though there is only one data window showing. Hope this makes sence!!!! In article <6tru0t$5im$1@clarknet.clark.net>, amcfadden@convista.com says... > Is it possible to put more than one data window on the same screen, when a > control button is clicked, the new data window will appear updating the > da...

Multiple datawindows
Can you please tell me about multiple updates of datawindows especially, the options to be choosen under rows/update properties ? I have seen the code of Modify() function. ...

Web resources about - merging multiple datawindows into a single datawindow - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo