Making Third Party API Calls From Powerbuilder

Hi,

I don't think this is possible but...

Let's say I've got a Java API or a Python API. Is there
anyway to use them in powerbuilder? (PB 8 to be specific)

Dan

Not with PB8.  PB9 provided PBNI and the EJBConnection object that can be
used to talk with Java.

<Dan Black> wrote in message news:461c12c1.5851.1681692777@sybase.com...
> Hi,
>
> I don't think this is possible but...
>
> Let's say I've got a Java API or a Python API. Is there
> anyway to use them in powerbuilder? (PB 8 to be specific)
>
> Thanks

0
Bruce

API Calls from PowerBuilder.
Hi all, I have a problem with API calls. I'd like to now how to call api functions in a DLL that have some functions with parameters like this: DLL: function x ( stru_a ) Structure stru_a { char * name, integer * value_1, Double * value_2, .... } I hope somebody can help me. Thank's. Luiz Paes. Search the Help file for Declaring External Functions and then Calling External Functions. This will explain how (and where) to declare and call your API functions. Zane Knight. ...

Better to use API fn call/Powerbuilder fn call ...
I have a rather elementary question. Is there any difference in application performance if I use an API call rather than a PowerBuilder function call ? eg Suppose there is PowerBuilder function 'X' which will bring a window to the foreground. An API function 'Y' does the same. Assuming that I need not prepare/initialize any structure etc to be passed to the API function 'Y', does it make any difference to the app performance if I make an API call instead of the PowerBuilder function call 'X' ? Thx Ganesh The difference would be virtually i...

Powerbuilder
Does anybody have a cross reference list of the PowerBuilder powerscript to obsolete windows API calls?? Has anybody created new functions to handle the new windows API calls?? Thanks, Denise ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp ...

How to call MSMQ API from Powerbuilder
Hi all, can someone point me to a site/newsgroup, etc. that explains/shows how to get Powerbuilder to communicate with MSMQ? I am working in a legacy App that now requires to send messages to a MSMQ queue. Any help very appreciated! Don't know about MSMQ, but here's one for MQSeries: http://www.rgagnon.com/howto.html Click on PowerBuilder --> What's New --> Use MQSeriers HTH Greg <Gabriel Gutierrez> wrote in message news:3fa7c6b2.653e.846930886@sybase.com... > Hi all, > > can someone point me to a site/newsgroup, etc. that > e...

PowerBuilder API-Call Problem
I have a PowerBuilder application running under PB 6.5 and Win NT. I am running a WinAPI function, GetWindowsDirectory. It is initialized by the following declaration: Function long GetWindowsDirectory(String lpBuffer, Long nSize) LIBRARY "kernel32.DLL" Alias For "GetWindowsDirectoryA" In a window function I make a call to GetWindowsDirectory like this: string sWinDir long lReturn long iSysPath lSysPath = 256 sWinDir = space(lSysPath) lReturn = GetWindowsDirectory(sWinDir, lSysPath) lReturn returns 8, but sWinDir is empty. The code works in Visual...

PowerBuilder API Call Problem
I have a PowerBuilder application running under PB 6.5 and Win NT. I am running a WinAPI function, GetWindowsDirectory. It is initialized by the following declaration: Function long GetWindowsDirectory(String lpBuffer, Long nSize) LIBRARY "kernel32.DLL" Alias For "GetWindowsDirectoryA" In a window function I make a call to GetWindowsDirectory like this: string sWinDir long lReturn long iSysPath lSysPath = 256 sWinDir = space(lSysPath) lReturn = GetWindowsDirectory(sWinDir, lSysPath) lReturn returns 8, but sWinDir is empty. The code works in Visual B...

Calling dbtools API from Powerbuilder or Visual Basic
Hello, I have read (here on the newsgroup) about the "wrapper" dll in c / c++ needed to call the dbTools api from powerbuilder. Has somebody written such a dll? Is there an example on sybase codexchange. Has sombody got such a template in c / c++ ready for coding. Can somebody please explain the bare basics of writing such a dll. It would be nice to know the status in powerbuilder which table is currently being backed up or which table is being unloaded with the percentage progress rather than have to see a dos box. Is it possible to call the dbTools api from visua...

Powerbuilder API call to stop datawindow retrieval
When I used SQLNET v1.x with Powerbuilder v4.x, I was able to stop a datawindow retrieve in my apps with a key combination of <CTRL>-<C>. This was a very nice feature to have, especially, with a datawindow retrieval lasting several minutes. With Powerbuilder v5.0.0.3 and SQLNET v2.0, the <CTRL>-<C> feature does not work. Powersoft tech support says that Oracle SQLNET v2.0 does not support this feature. But, SQLNET v2.0 documentation says that it does support this feature. I tested this successfully via SQLPLUS. I could use the RetrieveRow datawindow eve...

Powerbuilder crash when calling API function Openfile()
lul_Handle = gu_ext.OpenFile(ls_file, lstr_FileInfo, 2) To get the handle of the file I use command above... Most of the time, the first time I run the script it works, the second time I get a powerbuilder crash... Anyone any idea? The function is declared in the user object gu_ext Function ulong OpenFile (ref string filename, ref s_fileopeninfo of_struct, ulong action) LIBRARY "KERNEL32.DLL" Any ideas? Thanks Don't forget to free the handle afterwards with Private Function Long CloseHandle(Long hObject) Library "kernel32" CloseHandle(lul_Hand...

Powerbuilder API call to stop datawindow retrieval
When I used SQLNET v1.x with Powerbuilder v4.x, I was able to stop a datawindow retrieve in my apps with a key combination of <CTRL>-<C>. This was a very nice feature to have, especially, with a datawindow retrieval lasting several minutes. With Powerbuilder v5.0.0.3 and SQLNET v2.0, the <CTRL>-<C> feature does not work. Powersoft tech support says that Oracle SQLNET v2.0 does not support this feature. But, SQLNET v2.0 documentation says that it does support this feature. I tested this successfully via SQLPLUS. I could use the RetrieveRow datawindow eve...

how to make a connection to any third party anti virus api?
hi. I would like to create a simple instant massages web application to enabled user to send massage, attachement to each other. By the way, i would like to created [on demand scan] feature for all the attachment uploaded. Do anyone can tell me how to make a connection to any third party anti virus api(norton anti virus or etc)? Thanks in advance ya!...

Using a third party DLL in Powerbuilder 10.2
I have a third party dll that I am trying to use in a Powerbuilder app, the dll has an object library with 4 objects, these objects have methods (functions) that I would like to call. The one I am trying to call is Data.Connect(MDBName As String, blnSilent As Boolean). I have Declared a global external function "FUNCTION boolean DataConnect1(string ls_DBPath, boolean lb_error) LIBRARY "IDNImageNetSDK.dll" ALIAS FOR "Data.Connect"" and have tried to call it "lb_connect = Data(ls_DbPath, lb_error)" but get an error, "error calling ex...

Powerbuilder 5 to Powerbuilder 10

Error calling GetUserNameA win API from PowerBuilder 11.5
I have declared a global external function GetUserNameA for advapi32.dll in powerbuilder 11.5. Then i am trying to call this function from application open event. When cintrol comes to calling GetUserNameA, application fails with null object reference. Why is my pb aplication not able to recognise this win wrapper function? Pls help with ur suggestions. Is there any settings are code that I am missing? You want to use the unicode version; GetUserNameW On 23/11/2010 1:00 PM, sapna wrote: > I have declared a global external function GetUserNameA for > advapi32.dll in powe...

Web resources about - Making Third Party API Calls From Powerbuilder - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles