LibraryExport function

Hi All,
I am trying to get the string using libraryexport function
but it limits the size of the string to some 64K only. If
the datawindow or any object is of say in MB's it will not
contain the whole string. How can we achieve this.

-Brijesh
0
Brijesh
1/10/2011 11:45:32 AM
sybase.powerbuilder.general 62418 articles. 14 followers. Follow

What version of PB?

On 1/10/2011 6:45 AM, Brijesh wrote:
> Hi All,
> I am trying to get the string using libraryexport function
> but it limits the size of the string to some 64K only. If
> the datawindow or any object is of say in MB's it will not
> contain the whole string. How can we achieve this.
>
> -Brijesh
0
Roland
1/10/2011 1:02:04 PM
What happens when you export these huge DWOs using the export feature of
the system tree or library painter.  Do you get the full file?

--
Yakov
eLearnIT LLC

On 1/10/2011 6:45 AM, Brijesh wrote:
> Hi All,
> I am trying to get the string using libraryexport function
> but it limits the size of the string to some 64K only. If
> the datawindow or any object is of say in MB's it will not
> contain the whole string. How can we achieve this.
>
> -Brijesh
0
Yakov
1/10/2011 2:24:13 PM
PBL Peeper has been using LibraryExport() since PB3 and hasn't run into this
limitation. I'd tend to suspect something in the surrounding code. If you had
said 32K, I would have suspected a FileWrite() on the full string was the
problem, since FileWrite() (not FileWriteEx()) has a 32K limit, and people
frequently run into this with exports. If your conclusion is based on written
file sizes, it'd be worth double checking the file writing code, since the
number you're suggested is suspiciously a multiple of the FileWrite() limitation
(admittedly not the only explanation of 64K, but still....).

Where are you detecting the results to be 64K? Have you debugged or put a
MessageBox ("", Len (ls_Export)) into your code right after the LibraryExport()?
If it is still showing 64K there, I'd look at general troubleshooting issues
like conflicting DLLs at the Troubleshooting Guide on my site (see below).

Good luck,

Terry and Sequel the techno-kitten

On 10 Jan 2011 03:45:32 -0800,
 in sybase.public.powerbuilder.general
 <Brijesh> wrote:

>I am trying to get the string using libraryexport function
>but it limits the size of the string to some 64K only. If
>the datawindow or any object is of say in MB's it will not
>contain the whole string. How can we achieve this.

*********************************
Build your vocabulary while feeding the hungry
http://www.freerice.com
*********************************
Newsgroup User Manual
=====================
TeamSybase <> Sybase employee
Forums = Peer-to-peer
Forums <> Communication with Sybase
IsNull (AnswerTo (Posting)) can return TRUE
Forums.Moderated = TRUE, so behave or be deleted
*********************************

http://www.techno-kitten.com/PreRelease411/setup.exe
See the PB Troubleshooting & Migration Guides at the Sandbox
^ ^
o o
=*=
0
Terry

Powerbuilder general function to open setfocus and set filter on...
I have a problem conserning wherever in the application when someone registers an alert for later handling this function is to register the entire object path to where he registered that alert. (I am using PowerBuilder 6.5). Then im to retrieve the entire path for the followin things: column. datawindow tab window Are there any functions to do this in PFC, im sorry for posting this here, but i cannot find much in the documentation, btw another question, do you know of any good links to better documentation for PFC than what follows PowerBuilder? Thanks in advance. Klaus M...

What generals generally do

Function functionality ?
Hello, I have a Function : create Function F1 ........ as update T1 set col1=col1+1; commit; return col1; end; Lets say col1 value before the func. is called is 100. Now, if user1 executes this function and user2 also executes the same function, at the same time. 1) What value is returned for user1 and user2. Would that update stt. locks the table, and allows only 1 user to access it? 2) My requiemnent is that the 2 users should get different values from the function. thanks for your help -Sravan Sravan wrote... > Hello, > I have a F...

libraryexport function.
i have been using libraryexport function to pull out objects in mass from my project. But sometimes this function seems to get a file directory instead of the code? i was wondering if i was doing something wrong or is this a known issue? if it is a known issue does anyone know of a work around? most of the time this function extracts the code fine.. I haven't seen it, and PBL Peeper uses LibraryExport() extensively. Any chance you're looking at a Project object? It looks like a big list of objects. Good luck, Terry and Sequel the techno-kitten On 15 Jul 2009 11:19...

Powerbuilder and functions
I am trying to call a PB function via Web.PB and HTML. The problem is I don't know how to send the results of a FORM. I know it has to go in the <body> action attribute but I don't know the exact syntax or what arguments I set up in the PB function the other end. So could someone send me some examples. I know this is a bit basic, but everyone has to start somewhere. Thanks a lot, Matt B. To send the contents of a form, you need to create a function in the PB object that has an argument for each data field on the form. The names of the arguments have to match...

PowerBuilder 11 and .NET: Callback function that passes foreign types to PowerBuilder
Hi I'm using a C# assembly to catch COM events (using IConnectionPoint etc) from a particular API. But instead of handling the events in .NET, I pass the information on back to PB so it simulates a type of callback. It seems to work, but I don't know for how long. This is the one the events that gets raised. The _notifyItemMethod is the name of the method on the PowerBuilder object. The _pbSession is obtained from the .Session property of the PowerBuilder object that I pass to the constructor of the event handler. public void NtfyItem(string oper, int flags, ...

UserObjects, Functions and variables - access userobject functions from popupmenu
I have a visual userobject in charge of managing info related to different data in the application ( Items , company, purchase order,....) This user object has, in summary, - a datawindow to show the list of related documents, with a retrieval argument ( depending on the the related data ) - a popup menu on the rightbutton click, giving access to classical funstions like Create, modifiy, delete. - several functions, in particular, a function to retrieve the datawindow, according the argument passed by the parent window, and a function to delete a line, function in which a lot o...

DateDiff function in powerbuilder
Hi, i need PB function which return datetime value from Date1(datetime) - Date2(datetime). Can you help me ? Milos Look at the RelativeDate function. Brad sula wrote: > Hi, > i need PB function which return datetime value from Date1(datetime) - > Date2(datetime). Can you help me ? > > Milos > > Hi, I'm not sure what you're expecting. On what i understand you want a result in datetime, returned by the difference between 2 dates. "Relativedate" function does not return the difference between 2 date values. This fun...

External Functions in PowerBuilder !!!!!
Hi: I`m working with PowerBuilder 6.5. I want to make an external function and access it from an application. That�s i want to make an external component that PowerBuilder developers can use it, but not see its source code. For example, a dll or another file. I don`t want to use the object functions that provides PB, cause if i do it, its code can be copied. How can i do it ??? And one more thing, i want that that function can be called from any PBuilder script and it returns any PB datatypes, such as datawindow with information !!!!! Is that possible ??? If you have the solution ...

Comm Function in Powerbuilder
I'm trying to do some simple ASCII based communications with a digital scale through com1. Are there any functions within powerbuilder to do functions such as opening a comm port? Has anyone here done anything like this? Depending on "Simple" you may be able to open "COM1:" as file and read/write to it. You will need to set speed, character length, and flow control in control panel applet. Probably a better way is to write a simple "c" application and call it as external function (.dll) to do the actual transfer and setup. There are also a few ...

Calling a PowerBuilder Function...
Hi Everyone, Ok, here's my problem : I've made a HTML Page with CheckBoxes and a button. When I click on the button I want to catch all checkboxes that are checked to delete the entries in a database. So my problem is to give a PwerBuilder function all adequate parameters from within a HTML Page. Please Help !!! Thanx You need to give each checkbox field a name and a value. Something like this: <input type="checkbox" name="question026" value="2"> Then in your PB function, declare your arguments with the same name as the c...

libraryexport function. #2
On the libraryexport function. I noticed that it returns a string. This seems to have a max size of 32kb. i have objects larger then this, how do i get it to return all of the source code? Do i use a different data type? What version of PB? Help for 11.5 says String can contain up to 2147483647 characters! What leads you to think you are only getting 32K? -- Report Bugs: http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/welcome.do Product Enhancement Requests: http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement <bob> wrote in message news:4a7c2aa3.2de6.1681692777@sybase.com... > O...

general retry function
Hi Perlers, I have one nice question for you, I was run into common problem: need to repeat certain number of times something, until is succesful. For example - download webpage, FTP upload, connect to some host and so on. I ask you for some general (or it can't be possible - FTP upload) function, for example I will call: ftpupload($cfg, 10); will call ftpupload() with $cfg ($cfg->{user}, $cfg->{pass},...) and 10 is number of retries. Could be anyone so nice and write it ? I have some snippets here, using eval {} and catch errors with calling recursive sub, but I don&#...

Powerbuilder SaveAs() Function
I need to save datawindows to excel files. I currently have the following code to invoke the Save As dialog box: dw_format.SaveAs("",Excel!,TRUE) What I need to know is how do I set the default directory that the file will save to to My Documents? The user needs to be able to specify the name of the file so I can't just put the entire path in the quotes. Can anyone help? I'm a fairly new user and trying to learn as much as I can as I go. Thanks, Nick nklenke@hotmail.com If memory serves me correctly, you can't specify just the path. If you do...

Web resources about - LibraryExport function - sybase.powerbuilder.general