Library Check In and Check Out

Hi Everyone,

    I checked out an object from public library to private library.
After check in back to public library,  the object got corrupted. I am
able to open the object but all of my scripts are deleted. I export the
object and found that some of the code are missing.

    Is library check in check out is safe to use in multi-developer
environment?.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards
Vijay

--
T G VijayKumar

Phone : (65) 2586164 (Home)
 (65) 4719755 (Work)
Email : vkumartg@singnet.com.sg (Home)
        vkumar@ncs.com.sg (Work)

You'd better have a version control program, objectcycle, MS SourceSafe, or
PVCS to keep the previous versions. Then it's pretty safe.

T G VijayKumar wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
>     I checked out an object from public library to private library.
> After check in back to public library,  the object got corrupted. I am
> able to open the object but all of my scripts are deleted. I export the
> object and found that some of the code are missing.
>
>     Is library check in check out is safe to use in multi-developer
> environment?.
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated.
>
> Regards
> Vijay
>
> --
> T G VijayKumar
>
> Phone : (65) 2586164 (Home)
>  (65) 4719755 (Work)
> Email : vkumartg@singnet.com.sg (Home)
>         vkumar@ncs.com.sg (Work)

0
yangl
11/17/1998 3:28:46 PM
Hi Vijay,

It is safe as long as the environment is set up correctly. The recommended
way is to have each developer copy down the PBLs to their local machine and
run off of these. When the developer needs to check something out, they
check it out from the network copy (which no one has in their library path)
to their local PBL. Modify it then check it back in to the network PBLs.

You usually run into problems when one developer is running the application
and another is trying to checkin in/out an  object.

HTH

--
John De Lello
DelWare Consulting Group

Sign up for the PB-PFC e-mail list. Technical discussions on PBPFC related
topics only:
iMailSrv@DelWare.com with the message text of:
SUBSCRIBE PBPFC first last
(replace first and last with your name)

Other lists available are:
MSSQL - Microsoft SQL Server
SmallBusiness - Small business owner discussions
QuoteODay - Receive a quote each day from words of wisdom.

T G VijayKumar <vkumartg@singnet.com.sg> wrote in article
<3651774C.5A5440A4@singnet.com.sg>...
> Hi Everyone,
>
>     I checked out an object from public library to private library.
> After check in back to public library,  the object got corrupted. I am
> able to open the object but all of my scripts are deleted. I export the
> object and found that some of the code are missing.
>
>     Is library check in check out is safe to use in multi-developer
> environment?.
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated.
>
> Regards
> Vijay
>
> --
> T G VijayKumar
>
> Phone : (65) 2586164 (Home)
>  (65) 4719755 (Work)
> Email : vkumartg@singnet.com.sg (Home)
>         vkumar@ncs.com.sg (Work)

0
John

Check-in/Check-out
I'm having some difficulty with powerbuilder's check-in/check-out operation. When I check an object back in, the .pbl the object is being moved from is destroyed. Has anyone else experienced this and is there a fix? Cheers, Tom Thomas F. (Tom) Massey wrote: > > I'm having some difficulty with powerbuilder's check-in/check-out > operation. When I check an object back in, the .pbl the object is > being moved from is destroyed. > > Has anyone else experienced this and is there a fix? > > Cheers, > > Tom The prob...

Check out/check in
Hello How can i use the process check out/check in in PowerBuilder 8.0.3 ? We work in network. The Source Control is PB Native. I don't understand what is the parameters of Source Control ? Thank you Better to ask this in the source control group. Lots of posts on PBNative -- Evita Chapa Senior Systems Analyst II Command Technologies Inc. <Herv� Bareth> wrote in message news:3f69678e.7b3a.846930886@sybase.com... > Hello > > How can i use the process check out/check in in PowerBuilder > 8.0.3 ? We work in network. The Source Control is PB Native. ...

Check out/check in
Hello How can i use the process check out/check in in PowerBuilder 8.0.3 ? We work in network. The Source Control is PB Native. I don't understand what is the parameters of Source Control ? Thank you Have you looked the PB8 User's guide? Chapter 3 talks about source control. -- Evita Chapa Senior Systems Analyst II Command Technologies Inc. <Herv� Bareth> wrote in message news:3f69ba0a.592b.846930886@sybase.com... > Hello > > How can i use the process check out/check in in PowerBuilder > 8.0.3 ? We work in network. The Source Control is PB Na...

Check In Check Out
I have some source code that I need to modify and it was sent to me in a Registered status. Therfore, when I open any object it says " 'object name' is registered but not checked out and therefore can not be overwritten. Open anyway?" Then when I try to check it out, I get "PBNative checkout not allowed for registered objects." How can I get around this? When I look under the "Source" menu, all the items concerning registered are grayed out. TIA Option1:Copy the object(Only) to someother pbl and try . Option2:If You have any SCC Expo...

Check in
Hi all. I am migrating from PB 7.0 to PB 10.5, After migrating my first application i am trying to work on my first window but i'am not able to find out the way to CHECK it OUT. Wher do i can find "check out/check in" functions ?? TIA Mario Parietti What source control are you using? Have you configured it? Right click on your Workspace and check the source control tab to see if you've got it set up. "Mario Parietti" <mparietti@intercad.ch> wrote in message news:451283e0$1@forums-1-dub... > Hi all. > I am migrating from PB...

Checked=Checked
 I am dynamically writing out checkboxes on a page.  I have 2 link buttons on the page that sets a boolean variable to True or False. This boolen is set in Page_PreInit and is used to Select or Deselect all the Checkboxes as they are written out. A Select ALL, Deselect ALL type of thing. At least that is the plan. As the page is being written out I do this for each checkbox and then add it to a table cell control that it added to a table row and on. tc is the table cell.  Dim chkItem As CheckBox = New CheckBox chkItem.ID = "chkRecommend" + drMember("ID")...

Check In/Check out
I am using PowerBuilder 9. The undo check out is right next to the check in. This is a big problem! I so easy to select Undo check out and lose all of your changes. I lost 8 hours of work yesterday because of it. I know I should be more careful. However, there should be a "Are you sure" some where also. PLEASE FIX!!!!!!!!!!!!! -- Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/ This isn't the tech support line, it's an end-user forum. If you want to report a bug, use CaseXpress and either open a case or report a bug ...

check in/check out in PowerBuilder 11
Hi all how can i check in/check out my libraries in Power Builder 11 as I did in Power Builder 7? Could someone help me please? Thank's Yes, of course. PB 11 supports PB Native and 3rd party Source Code Control systems as well. Thorsten Giuseppe Moglia schrieb: > Hi all > how can i check in/check out my libraries in Power Builder 11 as I did > in Power Builder 7? > > Could someone help me please? > > Thank's .. No - you can't. SCC is done completely differently, starting in PB8, and there's no going back to the old way. He...

how to check if a check box created in runtime checked or not?
I have a webform that have mutiple collectios of check boxes created on run time ( database driven) what is the best way to loop between them and get which ones has been checked by a user and save the results back to the database below a portion of my code. i am adding the checkbox to cell table which added to a row, then to a table, finlally the table added to a place holderwhile (drProfileList.Read()) {HtmlTableRow tr = new HtmlTableRow(); HtmlTableCell tc = new HtmlTableCell();CheckBox chkbox = new CheckBox(); chkbox.ID = drProfileList["RoleID"].ToString();chkbox.T...

How to check how many check boxes are checked in the gridview
I am trying to make a javascript client fucntion to restrict no more then two rows could be selectedI have following in the itemtemplate of the gridview [although it is telerik control but same technique should be applied] <radG:GridTemplateColumn UniqueName="chkCheck">                    <HeaderStyle  HorizontalAlign="Right" />                    <HeaderTempla...

Check All Check Box While Check Header CheckBox
 hello...I have two grid on same page...both grid contains header checkbox and item checkbox i want that if use check header checkbox then all item check box checked,i have javascript for this functinality but problem is that when i click on header check box of first grid then checkbox of second grid also checked that i dnt want i want to perform this operation on one grid at one time.i have attache my script also...plz help me....thanks<script type="text/javascript">        function SelectAll(ID)      &nbs...

checking checkbox is checked or not using checkbox.checked
Hi,my checkbox is<asp:CheckBox ID="Chkcity" runat="server" Text="My own city"  OnCheckedChanged="EventHandler"/>code behind: Private Sub Chkcity_CheckedChanged(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Chkcity.CheckedChangedif (Chkcity ...............)end if End SubERROR    'EventHandler' is not a member of 'ASP.bpoaddjob_aspx'.    Please Mark the post as "ANSWER" if it helps you I think it should be like this:<asp:CheckBox ID="Chkcity"...

How to check for the existing user in database and using custom validator how to check check box is checked or not?
Hi Friends, For Registration page i want to check if that user already exist in database or not? and i also have to check if user have check the checkbox for i agree then only he will be able to complete registration. here i am sending my design. and all validation i have done all validation except these two.<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" > <head id="Head1" runat="server"> <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" /> <title>PRIZE MLS</title><link href="css/style.c...

Check In/Check Out PB7
Hello, PB7.0.1 (7024), Windows95, Oracle8 For check in/check out of PB objects in development (library painter), I must always connect from the Source menu option (after a crash, opening PB at the start of a day, etc...) . Is there a way to permanently set the connect (vendor: pb native, user id: my name)? I just migrated from PB5.0.04 which did not require the connect each time. TIA. Bob. You have to connect the first time your application is accessed - namely opening the library painter, switching applications etc, but I thought that was only for non PBNative access. (I...

Web resources about - Library Check In and Check Out - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Library - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A library's collection can include books , periodicals , newspapers , manuscripts , films , maps , prints , documents , microform , CDs , cassettes ...

Library - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A library is an organized collection of sources of information and similar resources, made accessible to a defined community for reference or ...

Library - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A library is an organized collection of sources of information and similar resources, made accessible to a defined community for reference or ...

SA’s story is being writ large on the State Library’s walls - AdelaideNow Search Search
THE IMMENSE archives of the State Library of South Australia are being lit and writ large on the library’s walls.

Independent review of SLQ lewd photo scandal given to State Library Board for action
A two-month review of how the State Library of Queensland investigated lewd photographs taken of staff members' cleavage by a former senior executive ...

State Library lewd photo scandal: report recommends CCC to investigate
Queensland's corruption watchdog will investigate one issue raised in the inquiry into the way the State Library handled a probe of 2800 lewd ...

Should the Washington Post’s Ties to Reagan Library Be Disclosed in Columns Attacking Bill O’Reilly?
... of interest career.” In his column “Bill O’Reilly Makes a Mess of History,” Will does hint at tension between O’Reilly and the Reagan Library: ...

Declutter your iPhone’s image library with PhotoPanda
... unwanted photos that were out of space. A new offering on the App Store, PhotoPanda , helps take the pain out of decluttering your photo library. ...

Taxpayer-Funded Diversity Bureaucrats Hound Professor, Compare Reagan Library To KKK CAMP
The strange, terrifying case of a professor who has expressed concerns about gay marriage