Key "." displays "," (comma)

For an EditLine from a window, the key "." displays "." (quite normal).

But, for a filed from a DataWindow, the key "." displays "," (comma).

Does any one knows how to solve this problem ?

 Thanks for any help !

0
Pierre

The matter could be "Regional settings". French ones, for instance, are
parametered for using "," as decimal separator. If you strike a "." from the
numpad, you "logically" obtain a ",".

Solution : modify this decimal separator, (or emigrate in another country...
;-))

I Stop joking : do U have this behavior in 1) any kind of field, or 2) only
numeric ones ? If 2), my explanation is probably the right one.

Hope this helps

FX Liagre
fxliagre@hotmail.com
francois-xavier.liagre@lusis.fr
Pierre Jasinski a �crit dans le message ...

>For an EditLine from a window, the key "." displays "." (quite normal).
>
>But, for a filed from a DataWindow, the key "." displays "," (comma).
>
>Does any one knows how to solve this problem ?
>
> Thanks for any help !

0
FX
8/24/2000 12:25:16 PM
I have this behavior for any kind of fileld.
It's specially enoying for typing textes with punctuation.
I would'nt care if it happened just for numeric one.

"FX Liagre" <francois-xavier.liagre@lusis.fr> wrote in message
> The matter could be "Regional settings". French ones, for instance, are
> parametered for using "," as decimal separator. If you strike a "." from
the
> numpad, you "logically" obtain a ",".
>
> Solution : modify this decimal separator, (or emigrate in another
country...
> ;-))
>
> I Stop joking : do U have this behavior in 1) any kind of field, or 2)
only
> numeric ones ? If 2), my explanation is probably the right one.
>
> Hope this helps
>
> FX Liagre
> fxliagre@hotmail.com
> francois-xavier.liagre@lusis.fr
> Pierre Jasinski a �crit dans le message ...
> >
> >For an EditLine from a window, the key "." displays "." (quite normal).
> >
> >But, for a filed from a DataWindow, the key "." displays "," (comma).
> >
> >Does any one knows how to solve this problem ?
> >
> > Thanks for any help !

0
Pierre
8/24/2000 1:36:42 PM
On NT4.0,  there was also a bug introduced with service pack 3 or 4 (I don't
remember which).
Depending on the regional settings, the "." on the keypad gave ",".
Apply service pack 5 or 6

"FX Liagre" <francois-xavier.liagre@lusis.fr> wrote in message
> The matter could be "Regional settings". French ones, for instance, are
> parametered for using "," as decimal separator. If you strike a "." from
the
> numpad, you "logically" obtain a ",".
>
> Solution : modify this decimal separator, (or emigrate in another
country...
> ;-))
>
> I Stop joking : do U have this behavior in 1) any kind of field, or 2)
only
> numeric ones ? If 2), my explanation is probably the right one.
>
> Hope this helps
>
> FX Liagre
> fxliagre@hotmail.com
> francois-xavier.liagre@lusis.fr
> Pierre Jasinski a �crit dans le message ...
> >
> >For an EditLine from a window, the key "." displays "." (quite normal).
> >
> >But, for a filed from a DataWindow, the key "." displays "," (comma).
> >
> >Does any one knows how to solve this problem ?
> >
> > Thanks for any help !

0
Jean
8/24/2000 1:40:03 PM
I personnaly used a "bad" solution : modify the decimal separator (registry
key) when installing my apps onto the machines. But someone else in this
group have probably a better idea (Allo, Roy ? Can you hear us ?...)

Pierre Jasinski a �crit dans le message
<#YmxwJdDAHA.130@forums.sybase.com>...
>I have this behavior for any kind of fileld.
>It's specially enoying for typing textes with punctuation.
>I would'nt care if it happened just for numeric one.
>
>"FX Liagre" <francois-xavier.liagre@lusis.fr> wrote in message
>> The matter could be "Regional settings". French ones, for instance, are
>> parametered for using "," as decimal separator. If you strike a "." from
>the
>> numpad, you "logically" obtain a ",".
>>
>> Solution : modify this decimal separator, (or emigrate in another
>country...
>> ;-))
>>
>> I Stop joking : do U have this behavior in 1) any kind of field, or 2)
>only
>> numeric ones ? If 2), my explanation is probably the right one.
>>
>> Hope this helps
>>
>> FX Liagre
>> fxliagre@hotmail.com
>> francois-xavier.liagre@lusis.fr
>> Pierre Jasinski a �crit dans le message ...
>> >
>> >For an EditLine from a window, the key "." displays "." (quite normal).
>> >
>> >But, for a filed from a DataWindow, the key "." displays "," (comma).
>> >
>> >Does any one knows how to solve this problem ?
>> >
>> > Thanks for any help !

0
FX
8/24/2000 1:51:05 PM
I think there is misunderstanding :
my broblem is specific to PowerBuilder.
It's fine with MSWORD or other MS applications.

"Jean-Paul Finne" <jpf@basc.be> wrote in message
> On NT4.0,  there was also a bug introduced with service pack 3 or 4 (I
don't
> remember which).
> Depending on the regional settings, the "." on the keypad gave ",".
> Apply service pack 5 or 6
>

> "FX Liagre" <francois-xavier.liagre@lusis.fr> wrote in message
> > The matter could be "Regional settings". French ones, for instance, are
> > parametered for using "," as decimal separator. If you strike a "." from
> the
> > numpad, you "logically" obtain a ",".
> >
> > Solution : modify this decimal separator, (or emigrate in another
> country...
> > ;-))
> >
> > I Stop joking : do U have this behavior in 1) any kind of field, or 2)
> only
> > numeric ones ? If 2), my explanation is probably the right one.
> >
> > Hope this helps
> >
> > FX Liagre
> > fxliagre@hotmail.com
> > francois-xavier.liagre@lusis.fr
> > Pierre Jasinski a �crit dans le message ...
> > >
> > >For an EditLine from a window, the key "." displays "." (quite normal).
> > >
> > >But, for a filed from a DataWindow, the key "." displays "," (comma).
> > >
> > >Does any one knows how to solve this problem ?
> > >
> > > Thanks for any help !

0
Pierre
8/24/2000 1:51:54 PM
We had that problem a while back.  It was a documented PB bug.  We implemented
the next maint release and it fixed the problem.  Can't remember all of the
build numbers.

hope this helps

On Thu, 24 Aug 2000 15:51:54 +0200,
Pierre Jasinski <pjasinski@hexalog.fr> wrote:
>I think there is misunderstanding :
>my broblem is specific to PowerBuilder.
>It's fine with MSWORD or other MS applications.
>
>"Jean-Paul Finne" <jpf@basc.be> wrote in message
>> On NT4.0,  there was also a bug introduced with service pack 3 or 4 (I
>don't
>> remember which).
>> Depending on the regional settings, the "." on the keypad gave ",".
>> Apply service pack 5 or 6
>>

>> "FX Liagre" <francois-xavier.liagre@lusis.fr> wrote in message
>> > The matter could be "Regional settings". French ones, for instance, are
>> > parametered for using "," as decimal separator. If you strike a "." from
>> the
>> > numpad, you "logically" obtain a ",".
>> >
>> > Solution : modify this decimal separator, (or emigrate in another
>> country...
>> > ;-))
>> >
>> > I Stop joking : do U have this behavior in 1) any kind of field, or 2)
>> only
>> > numeric ones ? If 2), my explanation is probably the right one.
>> >
>> > Hope this helps
>> >
>> > FX Liagre
>> > fxliagre@hotmail.com
>> > francois-xavier.liagre@lusis.fr
>> > Pierre Jasinski a �crit dans le message ...

RAY

.ALLCOL("%COLUMN%", " ", ", ", ", ")

quotes, quotes, quotes...

Are there different between ViewState.Add("key","Word"); and ViewState["key"] = "Word";
I think the 1 and 2 are complete same, is it correct? 1. ViewState.Add("key","Word"); 2. ViewState["key"] = "Word";SuperCool Multiple ZIP - A utility to unzip multiple files and work with multiple zip filesSuperCool Random Number Generator You are correct, option 2 is short hand for option 1.Philip Beadle (MVP, MCAD, MCT DotNetNuke Core Team)...

wrong character display ("�" displays as "�" or "?")
Using ODBC Sybase 11 router, the character "�", saved in a varchar column in Sybase 11.5 will display as "�" or "?" in SQL Advantage or in our application. This just started occuring once we changed our applications to use 32 bit ODBC connection, rather than DBLib 16 bit. What is really interesting is that our our old 16 bit application runnning on the same PC returns the characters correctly, while 32 bit application running against ODBC returns another character, usually the degree symbol. Both versions of this program are accessing the same data sou...

"To" and "From" missing

"Using" or "With"

double quote

"Me" is better than "You"

"-" not "_"

replace the "." with a ","

Replacing "\\" with "\"

Using "+" or "||"

Web resources about - Key "." displays "," (comma) - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Samples of display typefaces - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pioneer upgrades its lineup of aftermarket CarPlay displays
... featuring Apple CarPlay and Siri Eyes Free. Pioneer first brought Apple’s CarPlay infotainment system to cars through aftermarket displays in ...

LG's latest prototype is an 18-inch display that can be rolled up like a magazine
We're still not entirely sure how the average person would use a bendable display that you can roll up like a magazine, but LG has already started ...

Samsung’s Galaxy TabPro S Offers the First Super AMOLED Windows Tablet Display
... and up to 94% of natural tones bringing images to life in a very real way, making for immersive gameplay, movie watching, and picture display. ...

Lumus wants its display optics in future smart glasses
You might have never heard of Lumus, but it's likely that the companies making the smart glasses of the future will. You see, Lumus is a display ...

Thandie Newton Gets Apology From Starbucks After Tweeting About Offensive Display
Thandie Newton Gets Apology From Starbucks After Tweeting About Offensive Display

Go Sell Your Kidneys, Dell Has a 4K 30-Inch OLED Display
2016 might be the year of VR headsets and all, but some people still enjoy looking at regular screens. And the 30-inch, pro-level 4K OLED display ...

BMW Wants To Put Lasers On Motorcycles And Heads Up Displays In Helmets
... they aren’t quite what they could be. So at this year’s CES in Las Vegas, the German motorcycle brand is showcasing helmets with Heads Up Displays ...

CES 2016: Withings Announces 'Go' Activity Tracker With E Ink Display
Withings today unveiled the Withings Go, an affordable, versatile activity tracker that's equipped with an always-on E Ink display. Available ...

BMW debuts laser headlight and head-up display helmet for motorcycles
... by the minute, motorcycles have been left in the proverbial dust. That is, until now. BMW debuted its laser headlight and head-up display (HUD) ...