Key 'd' and Key 'Control'

Dear sirs / madams,

I want to add a short cut key in my datawindow, the script as shown as
below,

Script 1
IF KeyFlags = 2 THEN
    IF KeyDown(Keyd!) THEN
        THIS.TriggerEvent("ue_deleterow")
    END IF
END IF

Script 2
IF KeyDown(KeyControl!) then
    IF KeyDown(Keyd!) then
        THIS.TriggerEvent("ue_deleterow")
    END IF
END IF

Script 3
IF KeyDown(KeyControl!) AND KeyDown(Keyd!) THEN
    THIS.TriggerEvent("ue_deleterow")
END IF

But, all of the above, if I press the Key 'Control' first, and then press
Key 'd', the user
event will not be fired.  Please help!!!

Sorry for my poor English!

Thanks in advance,

Bill Lui
E-mail : luibill@sinaman.com

0
Lui

The popular method for achieving this is to put a menu item
(optionally hidden) with a shortcut of Ctrl-D on the window. Is that a
viable option for you? It's likely going to be easier.

Good luck,

On Fri, 10 Nov 2000 23:51:31 +0800, "Lui Bill" <luibill@sinaman.com>
wrote:

>I want to add a short cut key in my datawindow, the script as shown as
>below,
>
>Script 1
>IF KeyFlags = 2 THEN
>    IF KeyDown(Keyd!) THEN
>        THIS.TriggerEvent("ue_deleterow")
>    END IF
>END IF
>
>Script 2
>IF KeyDown(KeyControl!) then
>    IF KeyDown(Keyd!) then
>        THIS.TriggerEvent("ue_deleterow")
>    END IF
>END IF
>
>Script 3
>IF KeyDown(KeyControl!) AND KeyDown(Keyd!) THEN
>    THIS.TriggerEvent("ue_deleterow")
>END IF
>
>But, all of the above, if I press the Key 'Control' first, and then press
>Key 'd', the user
>event will not be fired.  Please help!!!

Home of PBL Peeper, a PowerBuilder Developer's Toolkit,
winner of PowerTimes 1999 "Little Helper of the Year"
0
Terry
11/10/2000 4:42:35 PM
Dear Terry,

Firstly, thanks for your fast reply.

I want to add the short cut control into the datawinodw, please help.

Bill Lui
E-mail : luibill@sinaman.com

0
Lui
11/10/2000 4:49:27 PM
Have never done it successfully, so I'm not much help. I *can* tell
you that 9 times out of 10, you're better off working *with* the
system instead of *against* it. For example, if your user has an icon
shortcut on his desktop mapped to Ctrl-D, will the keystroke message
ever be received by the datawindow? I don't know. My point is that by
the time that you've figured out all these cases and worked around
them (**IF** you identify them all and don't release a buggy product),
you could have done a more standard approach 10 times over.

Then again, maybe someone more daring will come up with the perfect
answer for you.

Good luck,

On Sat, 11 Nov 2000 00:49:27 +0800, "Lui Bill" <luibill@sinaman.com>
wrote:

>I want to add the short cut control into the datawinodw, please help.

Home of PBL Peeper, a PowerBuilder Developer's Toolkit,
winner of PowerTimes 1999 "Little Helper of the Year"
0
Terry

''''''''''''''''''''

'''''

'do' won't 'do' if '/'

Error: Primary key for row in table 'x' is referenced by foreign key 'f' in table 'y'
(ASA 9 newest ebf) I'm getting this error even though mentioned foreign key has cascade updates (and deletes too) enabled. Is this some new behaviour in asa 9, or why can i get such message for cascaded foreign key? Any ideas? Thanks Pete Found a reason for it...but should it really work so? It's this way: - table a has columns a,b,c - table b has columns a,c, and references columns a,c (with a,c) in table a with cascade updates - table a hes before update trigger to change columns a when column b is changed (set new_row.a = ...) and that set new_row.a = ... i...

'''

please help: no primary key for foreign key '?' in table '?'...
when i try to do a DELETE TESTEDOCUMENTI WHERE TIPODOC='FTM'; i get the error no primary key for foreign key '?' in table '?'... what does it mean? (3 weeks ago i did a rebuild of the db because it was corrupted) i work with SA 5.5.05 the db structure i quite complex but if help CREATE TABLE "Admin"."RigheDocumenti" ( "AnnoDoc" smallint NOT NULL DEFAULT 0, "TipoDoc" varchar(3) NOT NULL, "NumeroDoc" integer NOT NULL, "Bis" varcha...

'IN' Clause or 'OR'
Hello, [1]: select * from TABLEA where COL1 IN('value1','value2''valu3'....) [2]:select * from TABLEA where COL1 = 'value1' OR COL1= 'value2' OR COL1='valu3'. TABLEA is a huge table and it has non-clustered index on COL1. Among the above 2 queries, which query will give me the better performance or fast response and WHY? What is the difference between 'IN' and 'OR' clauses as for as Sybase Optimization is concerned. Which is the better one to be used on huge tables. Thanks. Mac An IN list is treated ...

No primary key value for foreign key 'ISYSTABCOL' in table 'ISYSCOLPERM'
Hi all, running SA 10.0.1.3686 and .3712 on Win 2003 Server SP1. The above message appears when I try to add a column to a table. It's just a simple one: alter table dbo.T_MaZuGavAktion add fkz_BeilageNrLautVersand int check (@Wert > 0) null; There is a view based on this table, and several users have been granted update column rights on this view. It is only possible to execute the "ALTER TABLE ADD column null" statement when I revoke the update column rights from the view before (and re-grant them afterwards). That happened once in the past week...

'or' or 'union'

'b'..'a'

Membership.GetAllUsers(); Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: '' Key being added: ''
 Hi, I get the following error while trying to retrive all the users in AD,Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: ''  Key being added: ''  i presume this is because a user has somehow been duplicated in th AD and the collection has to be unique. is there any method which gets all unique users as i cannot seem to find one. Thanks, Ommer Check the exist property of AD before adding user. Shah Dharnendra GSr.Analyst Programmer,GTL-Ahmedabad  Hi, is that to actually check whether a user exists in AD before adding another user? Is t...

Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: 'Id' Key being added: 'Id'
hi , when i am trying to delete a project from the project_list page i'm getting the following error : Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: 'Id'  Key being added: 'Id' can anybody help me ? thanks.Lebanese Please post your code. It will help us assess your issue.Ryan OlshanASPInsider | Microsoft MVP, ASP.NEThttp://ryanolshan.comHow to ask a question it's the time tracker starter kit code.Lebanese Charbel_Chalhoub wrote:it's the time tracker starter kit code. OK. Were you able to resolve it?Ryan OlshanASPInsider | Microsoft MVP, ASP.NEThttp://ryanolshan.comHow to a...

Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: 'Name' Key being added: 'Name'
I am trying to bind a hashtable to dropdopwlist as below but I get this:"Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: 'Name'  Key being added: 'Name'" Error. Any ideas?    Hashtable docs = new Hashtable();    foreach (string s in Roles.GetUsersInRole("Physician"))    {      ProfileCommon p = (ProfileCommon)ProfileCommon.Create(s);      string fullname = p.PersonalInfo.FirstName + " " + p.PersonalInfo.LastName;      docs.Add("Name", fullname);   &...

Web resources about - Key 'd' and Key 'Control' - sybase.powerbuilder.general