Is there a problem opening a response window from a response window?

We have a modal (response) window that is calling a second
modal(response) window.  Until we migrated to XP, this did
not appear to be a problem. Now that a majority of our users
have migrated to XP, the second response window
**sometimes** freezes.  It almost appears as if when the
second response window is opened, that the first response
window is closed and any choices the users try for closing
that second response window are not performed, making it
appear that the second response window is frozen. When this
occurs and the users try to alt-tab to close the app it
isn't found.  When the users open the task manager the app
isn't listed on the Applications tab and the user has to go
to the process tab to kill the exe.

Are there any known issues with calling a response window
from a response window on XP?
0
Kerry

Kerry;

    What version of PB are you using?

Regards ... Chris
ISUG - NA RUG Director
http://chrispollach.pbdjmagazine.com

"Kerry" wrote in message news:48bef135.38f3.1681692777@sybase.com...
> We have a modal (response) window that is calling a second
> modal(response) window.  Until we migrated to XP, this did
> not appear to be a problem. Now that a majority of our users
> have migrated to XP, the second response window
> **sometimes** freezes.  It almost appears as if when the
> second response window is opened, that the first response
> window is closed and any choices the users try for closing
> that second response window are not performed, making it
> appear that the second response window is frozen. When this
> occurs and the users try to alt-tab to close the app it
> isn't found.  When the users open the task manager the app
> isn't listed on the Applications tab and the user has to go
> to the process tab to kill the exe.
>
> Are there any known issues with calling a response window
> from a response window on XP?
0
Chris
9/3/2008 11:04:39 PM
On Sep 4, 5:19=A0am, Kerry wrote:
> We have a modal (response) window that is calling a second
> modal(response) window. =A0Until we migrated to XP, this did
> not appear to be a problem. Now that a majority of our users
> have migrated to XP, the second response window
> **sometimes** freezes. =A0It almost appears as if when the
> second response window is opened, that the first response
> window is closed and any choices the users try for closing
> that second response window are not performed, making it
> appear that the second response window is frozen. When this
> occurs and the users try to alt-tab to close the app it
> isn't found. =A0When the users open the task manager the app
> isn't listed on the Applications tab and the user has to go
> to the process tab to kill the exe.
>
> Are there any known issues with calling a response window
> from a response window on XP?

Make sure you open the second response window with the first response
window as it's parent.

0
Jeremy
9/4/2008 12:15:16 AM
We're using the ancient 8.0.3.  Interestingly, I set the
clientedge property on one of the response windows and for
that app, it seemed to fix the problem (that was the case
where I could consistently recreate the problem).  In our
other application, I have never been able to make the second
response window freeze on any of our XP machines we have
(which supposedly have the same configuration/software as
the users) but lots of our users are reporting it.

> Kerry;
>
>     What version of PB are you using?
>
> Regards ... Chris
> ISUG - NA RUG Director
> http://chrispollach.pbdjmagazine.com
>

> "Kerry" wrote in message
> > news:48bef135.38f3.1681692777@sybase.com... We have a
> > modal (response) window that is calling a second
> > modal(response) window.  Until we migrated to XP, this
> did not appear to be a problem. Now that a majority of our
> > users have migrated to XP, the second response window
> > **sometimes** freezes.  It almost appears as if when the
> > second response window is opened, that the first
> > response window is closed and any choices the users try
> > for closing that second response window are not
> > performed, making it appear that the second response
> > window is frozen. When this occurs and the users try to
> > alt-tab to close the app it isn't found.  When the users
> > open the task manager the app isn't listed on the
> > Applications tab and the user has to go to the process
> > tab to kill the exe.
> > Are there any known issues with calling a response
> > window from a response window on XP?
0
Kerry

opening response window from response window
Hi! When I open response window from response window in PB 10.2 new response window get focus. But when I do this in PB 8.04 focus stays in first response window and is not posible to change it. Any help? I like this functionality in PB 10.2 and I would like to know if it posible to make it work in PB 8.04. Regards Tomaz It sounds more like some coding problem rather than PB8. Are you sure you're not running some code in timer event of the calling window or something that may occur there after the second response window is called? Just a guess though... ...

Prob with opening response window from a response window on XP
Hi, Env: PB 7.x / Windows XP / MS Outlook 2000 Application works alright on Windows 2000, the same doesnt on XP. Scenario, 1. Opening a Response Window A. 2. Opening another response window B from Window A. 3. Here on click of a button, making use of mapi function to send email. 4. When invoked, prompts an MS outlook window with a warning message that an email is being sent and prompts for confirmation. 5. On clicking 'Yes', it sends the email, but afters, the focus is set to Window A, instead of Window B. ...

Problem while opening Response or Popup windows in Window Plugins
I am using PowerBuilder 6.5 and Internet Explorer 4.0 for a web based application. In which I am using window plugins. I am facing the following problem. In window plugins if a response or popup window is opened from a child window, it opens that popup or response but after closing that popup or response it does not open any other type of window i - e; after opening popup or response you can only open that window as many times as you want but you cannot open other windows. Kindly help me what should I do. Thanks Amir Zaidi amir_zaidi@netsolpk.com ...

Problem while opening Response or Popup windows in Window Plugins
I am using PowerBuilder 6.5 and Internet Explorer 4.0 for a web based application. In which I am using window plugins. I am facing the following problem. In window plugins if a response or popup window is opened from a child window, it opens that popup or response but after closing that popup or response it does not open any other type of window i - e; after opening popup or response you can only open that window as many times as you want but you cannot open other windows. Kindly help me what should I do. Thanks This is odd - I've just modified my standard plugin test w...

Response window calling response window!
...scuse my ignorance but...... I have a response window which opens another response window to choose print settings etc but once this is open, if I then select a different application from the task bar, when I then go back, the print settings window has disappeared and I have also lost control completely of the original window. ... is this a complete no-no or is it the way I'm opening the second window?? I'm not crazy about the practice, but beside that, my guess would be that the windows are getting "confused" about who their parent window is. By any chance...

response window and doubleclick on main window causes action on response window
I am having an issue in PB7.0.3 Bld 10009. I have a window that has 2 DW controls. DW1 that has a field the has some validations that occurs in its itemchanged event that calls a response window for the user to select exceptions reasons. DW1 also does an accepttext() in its losefocus event to force itemchanged validations. What is happening, is if the user doubleclicks a field in DW2 that just happens to be inline with a control button on the response window, the cursor gets positions to the field in DW2 but the response window executes the logic for the control button. I've added...

Total application "hang-up" when opening a response window from a response window
From a w_sheet window I open a w_response window, that holds a command-button. When the user pushes the compand button, I want to open a new w_response window. The window is opened, but the application goes into a complete "hang". I cannot do anything, I cannot focus on any object in the new response window, I cannot move the response window, and of course I cannot active any other windows in the application. I have to terminate the application to get out of the situation. I have tried this with two different sheet's, and I get the same result. What can I do ?? Thanks...

open window as a response window
PB8 I have a window (type = main) I want to open this window from another window but now as a Repsonse window. How can I do this ? TIA Shalinder OPEN(w_the_other_window) should do it! Control will pass to the next statement in the event or script after the open immediately without waiting. Hope that's what you expect. If you are going to have many of them open: w_the_other_window lw_1 open(lw_1) which creates another instance of the w_the_other_window class. Shalinder Verma wrote: > PB8 > > I have a window (type = main) > I want to open th...

opening windows from response windows
I am trying to open a child window from a response window and am having difficulty getting the focus onto the child window. Any suggestions? Thanks ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp A response window is for exactly what it says it is for - to get user response. You should not be able to go other places until you close the response window. If you need to let the user go to other windows, while keeping the current window active, you should not use a response window. You can open one response window from another ...

opening windows from response windows
I am trying to open a child window from a response window and am having difficulty getting the focus onto the child window. Any suggestions? Thanks ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp Please don't cross-post. steve [TeamSybase] kevin wrote: > I am trying to open a child window from a response window and am having > difficulty getting the focus onto the child window. Any suggestions? Thanks > > ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- > http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/grou...

open a window from a response window
Hi: I have a button in a response window, when user click this button, I open a window , its type is main window, this window is the active window, it can response for mouse and keyboard. when I switch to the response window , I can't switch to this window again until I close the response window. How do I open a window from a response window and the two windows can switch to each other? simon Unfortiunately, you can't -- this is a standard Windows behavior. Response windows are designed to be application modal, i.e., not allow any other processing in the application ...

Opening response window in main window open event...
I'm opening a response window in a main windows open event. The halts all further processing in the main windows open event until the response window is closed. However, this seems to alter the callstack so that the selectionchanged events in tab-pages on the main window is fired *before* the script following the open() function is executed! I can't figure out whether this is a bug or Windows default behaviour... PB 9.0.1, Windows XP 5.1.2600 TIA Andre Want code? Got code: .... type w_main from window (main!) event open; open( w_resp ) // <-- Breakp...

Open Sheet window from response window
I am trying to open a sheet window inherited from w_sheet from a response window. I need it to work like it does when you open the sheet window from a menu using: Message.StringParm = "w_citystate_sheet" of_SendMessage("pfc_open") That way it will resize to the frame area. I have not been able to come up the the correct open command to make this happen. How should I open this PFC window? Use: CloseWithReturn( this, "w_citystate_sheet" ) to close the response window and in the calling object, code: Message.StringParm = "w_citystate...

How to open main window as response window
Hello, I have main window with master data (customers) which I open with opensheet(.......) function. Now I would like open the same window as response window that user could select customer and return selection in parent window. Regards Tomaz I would create a new window inherited from the main window and change the type to Response. You'll probably want to add a couple command buttons and script as well. Mike "Toma� Kralj" <tomaz@soft4you-sp.si> wrote in message news:4300fba4@forums-2-dub... > Hello, > > I have main window with m...

Web resources about - Is there a problem opening a response window from a response window? - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Wikipedia:Abuse response - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For a list of current Abuse Response volunteers, or for information on how you can help with the Abuse Response project, please see the volunteers ...

George Pell’s Melbourne Response child sexual abuse program
THE victims of child sexual abuse within the Catholic Church just want to be heard.

NSW hospitals: Ambulance response times slow as overtime bill increases
An Auditor-General's report on NSW hospitals shows that ambulance times have slowed.

Climate aid is a poor response to global challenges
Money being earmarked for climate aid would improve the lives of more people if spent on health and education programs.

GOOD NEWS: Obama has no response to Iranian Ballistic Missile Tests
... Tower Senators Kelly Ayotte (R – N.H.) and Mark Kirk (R – Ill.) expressed their concern on Tuesday regarding the White House’s lack of response ...

"Fluent in Nazi": Trump provokes varied responses in Middle East
Some are rejecting the GOP frontrunner's views on Muslims, while others are just making fun of him

Chipotle grilled for crisis response
Crisis PR professionals have some harsh words for Chipotle for its handling of outbreaks of E. coli and norovirus.

Where's the official Republican Party response to Trump's Muslim ban plan?
... "Heil Donald Trump - THE ULTIMATE SAVIOR." That's what Andrew Anglin, publisher of the neo-Nazi website Daily Stormer, had to say in response ...

Rubio: Obama's response to terror has Americans scared - On Air Videos - Fox News
Republican presidential candidate reacts to president's address from the Oval Office

Proposed French Law Would Ban TOR In Response to Terror Attacks
... considereing banning the use of TOR, a service that anonymises users on the internet. It would be one of a range of measures passed in response ...