Is DataWindow 2.5 in Dw.Net is same as DataWindow in PB11.2

Hi there ,

Can anybody confirm the said subject is a valid statement ?

Dw.Net2.5 = PB11.2.DataWindow ????
How about the future enhancements which are planned for PB11.5 and future
releases of PB...

Will it not always be in the same codestreamline ?

Regards , Van

0
Van

 I mean how will be co-relate the three products from Sybase
 1) DataWindow.Net 2.5 for Visual Studio 2008
 2) PocketPowerBuilder Datawindows
 3) PowerBuilder11.2 and Powerbuilder1x.x Datawindows

All everthing is remain the same in all the above three products as far as
Datawindow properties / events / functionality / behaviour is concened ??

Regards , Van

"Van" <Vanjacobson@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi there ,
>
> Can anybody confirm the said subject is a valid statement ?
>
> Dw.Net2.5 = PB11.2.DataWindow ????
> How about the future enhancements which are planned for PB11.5 and future
> releases of PB...
>
> Will it not always be in the same codestreamline ?
>

> Regards , Van

0
Van
5/9/2008 3:48:54 AM
Not speaking officially, since I don't work for Sybase so I can't, but
features that appear in one version (e.g., remembering retrieval
arguments which first showed up in PocketBuilder) eventually show up
in the other two products.  They've each got their own independant
development timelines though.  So what may show up in a Maintenance
Release for one product might be included in the next Major Release
for another, or visa-versa.

On 8 May 2008 20:48:54 -0700, "Van" <Vanjacobson@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I mean how will be co-relate the three products from Sybase
> 1) DataWindow.Net 2.5 for Visual Studio 2008
> 2) PocketPowerBuilder Datawindows
> 3) PowerBuilder11.2 and Powerbuilder1x.x Datawindows
>
>All everthing is remain the same in all the above three products as far as
>Datawindow properties / events / functionality / behaviour is concened ??
>
>Regards , Van
>
>"Van" <Vanjacobson@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi there ,
>>
>> Can anybody confirm the said subject is a valid statement ?
>>
>> Dw.Net2.5 = PB11.2.DataWindow ????
>> How about the future enhancements which are planned for PB11.5 and future
>> releases of PB...
>>
>> Will it not always be in the same codestreamline ?
>>

>> Regards , Van

0
Bruce
5/9/2008 4:41:38 AM
Yeah  , Sybase can confirm that. who will become rich very soon by selling
old tasty wine in a new bottle.

Good on us!!  : )

Thanks Bruce for your comments

Regards, Van

"Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]" <NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com>
wrote in message news:ibl724pquaobvredcl87d9uu4hccoesfa3@4ax.com...

> Not speaking officially, since I don't work for Sybase so I can't, but
> features that appear in one version (e.g., remembering retrieval
> arguments which first showed up in PocketBuilder) eventually show up
> in the other two products.  They've each got their own independant
> development timelines though.  So what may show up in a Maintenance
> Release for one product might be included in the next Major Release
> for another, or visa-versa.
>
> On 8 May 2008 20:48:54 -0700, "Van" <Vanjacobson@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I mean how will be co-relate the three products from Sybase
>> 1) DataWindow.Net 2.5 for Visual Studio 2008
>> 2) PocketPowerBuilder Datawindows
>> 3) PowerBuilder11.2 and Powerbuilder1x.x Datawindows
>>
>>All everthing is remain the same in all the above three products as far as
>>Datawindow properties / events / functionality / behaviour is concened ??
>>
>>Regards , Van
>>
>>"Van" <Vanjacobson@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi there ,
>>>
>>> Can anybody confirm the said subject is a valid statement ?
>>>
>>> Dw.Net2.5 = PB11.2.DataWindow ????
>>> How about the future enhancements which are planned for PB11.5 and
>>> future
>>> releases of PB...
>>>
>>> Will it not always be in the same codestreamline ?
>>>

>>> Regards , Van

0
Van
5/9/2008 6:31:23 AM
DataWindow .NET 2.5 uses the same DataWindow functionality found in
PowerBuilder 11.0. I think we will have a 2.6 update available later
this year that will contain the DataWindow enhancements being added to
PowerBuilder 11.5. It will also support the DataWindow Designer plugin
in Visual Studio 2008.

DataWindow .NET 3.0 will introduce the WPF DataWindow being developed
for PowerBuilder 12.

Regards,
Dave Fish
Sybase

PowerBuilder Blog:
http://powerbuilderevangelist.blogspot.com/

On 8 May 2008 20:44:11 -0700, "Van" <Vanjacobson@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Hi there ,
>
>Can anybody confirm the said subject is a valid statement ?
>
>Dw.Net2.5 = PB11.2.DataWindow ????
>How about the future enhancements which are planned for PB11.5 and future
>releases of PB...
>
>Will it not always be in the same codestreamline ?
>

>Regards , Van

0
Dave
5/11/2008 3:04:10 PM
Noted with thanks..

Regards , Van

"Dave Fish [TeamSybase]" <n0Spam__dfish@sybase.com> wrote in message
> DataWindow .NET 2.5 uses the same DataWindow functionality found in
> PowerBuilder 11.0. I think we will have a 2.6 update available later
> this year that will contain the DataWindow enhancements being added to
> PowerBuilder 11.5. It will also support the DataWindow Designer plugin
> in Visual Studio 2008.
>
> DataWindow .NET 3.0 will introduce the WPF DataWindow being developed
> for PowerBuilder 12.
>
> Regards,
> Dave Fish
> Sybase
>
> PowerBuilder Blog:
> http://powerbuilderevangelist.blogspot.com/
>
> On 8 May 2008 20:44:11 -0700, "Van" <Vanjacobson@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Hi there ,
>>
>>Can anybody confirm the said subject is a valid statement ?
>>
>>Dw.Net2.5 = PB11.2.DataWindow ????
>>How about the future enhancements which are planned for PB11.5 and future
>>releases of PB...
>>
>>Will it not always be in the same codestreamline ?
>>

>>Regards , Van

0
Van

Find DataWindow into pbl with datawindow.net 2.5
Hi How I can browse an datawindow object into pbl file with datawindow .net 2.5 ?. Thanks, Please post this queston in the beta forum. On 1 Feb 2007 13:21:40 -0700, "Cristian Mu�oz Tello." <cmunoz@serco.cl> wrote: >Hi > >How I can browse an datawindow object into pbl file with datawindow .net >2.5 ?. > >Thanks, > > > > ...

Support of PB 11.5.1 datawindow syntax in DW.NET 2.5
Hello, we have migrated our PowerBuilder development to PowerBuilder 11.5.1. Until now, we were simultaneously using our datawindows (developed in PB for our main Client/Server app) in ASP.NET application with Datawindow.NET. Now, when trying to use datawindow from PB 11.5.1 in DW.NET, we are getting error: "Line 2 Column 65; incorect syntax." I assume that DW.NET 2.5 does not support PB 11.5.1 datawindow syntax yet. Is there any workaround for this issue, or will there be a newer DW.NET release supporting this new datawindow syntax? LM use C:\Program Files\Sybase\...

What's compatible with DW.NET 2.0 and DW.NET 2.5?
The group I work with does nothing but PB applications. Finally there is some interest in moving some of our applications away from PB towards the .Net area. Currently we are not interested in what PB 11 is offering in the .NET area. We would like to be in a more 'native' .NET environment. Now with that being said , we are in the VERY early stages of using Visual Studio and Datawindow.NET. We have already found some issues with DW.NET 2.5 and VS 2008 that are making it difficult to move forward. So here is my question. What versions of VS and DW.NET actually work well tog...

What's compatible with DW.NET 2.0 and DW.NET 2.5
The group I work with does nothing but PB applications. Finally there is some interest in moving some of our applications away from PB towards the .Net area. Currently we are not interested in what PB 11 is offering in the .NET area. We would like to be in a more 'native' .NET environment. Now with that being said , we are in the VERY early stages of using Visual Studio and Datawindow.NET. We have already found some issues with DW.NET 2.5 and VS 2008 that are making it difficult to move forward. So here is my question. What versions of VS and DW.NET actually work well tog...

datawindow .net 2.0 #2
When is Datawindow 2.0 going to be released? I am looking for the drop down calendar functionality. You have it now. Just check the property Drop-down Calendar in the edit tab when you define editmask to a date column . Yossi Dallal "Tim Courtney" <tim@crcorp.com> wrote in message news:42d82092$1@forums-2-dub... > When is Datawindow 2.0 going to be released? I am looking for the drop > down calendar functionality. > Yossi Dallal wrote: > You have it now. Just check the property Drop-down Calendar > in the edit tab when you def...

Why is there no DW.NET 2.x version compatible with PB 11.5 and PB 12 datawindow objects?
Gee wouldn't it be nice if there were a DW.NET version that actually ran with the datawindow objects from PB11.5 and PB12. Why is there no such patch or new version? INEXCUSABLE. No wonder a lot of people don't believe Sybase development languages are viable for the long run. hexageniameister@gmail.com wrote: > Gee wouldn't it be nice if there were a DW.NET version that actually > ran with the datawindow objects from PB11.5 and PB12. Why is there no > such patch or new version? INEXCUSABLE. No wonder a lot of people > don't believe Sybase developme...

Datawindow .Net 2.5
Hi There Can any one tell me that Datawindow .net 2.5 is working on Visual Studio 2008 ? The Datawindow Designer plugin is not supported in VS2008, but you can use the separate Datawindow Designer utility for painting the datawindows. The plugin is a nice-to-have, because you don't have to switch toolsets. The runtime control is fully supported in VS2008. Paul Horan[Sybase] <Ahmad Alhowaimel> wrote in message news:491285be.6734.1681692777@sybase.com... > Hi There > Can any one tell me that Datawindow .net 2.5 is working on > Visual Studio 2008 ? ...

Lines Display Limit DDDW ASP.Net 2.0 & Datawindow.Net 2.0
I have a simple data entry form in ASP.net. The form has two dddw. One points at a file with about 200 records to choose from. When you view the form on a Web page and pull down the DDDW, it runs past the end of the page. The scroll bar in the Browser shows up on the side, but when you attempt to scroll the browser, the DDDW field looses focus and the list collapses. I limited the DDDW to 10 lines, but that appears to be being ignored. I have all of the features turned on or True, except display only in the Behavior group. This problem, really makes the Datawindow unusable. I ...

DataWindow.NET : issue using external datawindow #2
Hello, I created an external datawindow with 3 columns, but I have error messages when I want to use it in my VB.NET application : When I want to insert rows, I get the message : "InsertRow was called when no DataWindow object was attached." I set in design mode my pbl library and also the datawindow name I want to use. I also tried to set it dynamically in the code, but it changes nothing (I can see the DataWindow in design mode). I'm sure SQLCA isn't useful for this kind of DataWindow, but I also tried to set it and I get the message "SetTransaction ...

Smoke [5.12.2] v5.12.2-5-g60a58e9 FAIL(F) MSWin32 WinXP/.Net SP3 (x86/2 cpu) #2
Automated smoke report for 5.12.2 patch 60a58e98bf9da0f7e06e47974d829b42b2c= c834e v5.12.2-5-g60a58e9 maldoror.bath.planit.group: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6700 @ 2.66GHz(~2660 MHz= ) (x86/2 cpu) on MSWin32 - WinXP/.Net SP3 using cl version 12.00.8804 smoketime 6 hours 29 minutes (average 38 minutes 56 seconds) Summary: FAIL(F) O =3D OK F =3D Failure(s), extended report at the bottom X =3D Failure(s) under TEST but not under harness ? =3D still running or test results not (yet) available Build failures during: - =3D unknown or N/A c =3D Configure, m =...

DataWindow.NET 2.5 + Visual Studio 2008 + ASP.NET web application
DataWindow.NET Designer is a Sybase's Tool to build .NET web applications. http://www.sybase.com/products/development/datawindownet There is stand alone version of Clinet-Server application developed using Sybase products PowerBuilder and DataWindow Designer. Current requirement is to Develop a web based application using existing DataWindow.NET controls by importing themon ASP.NET webforms. Visual Studio 2008 and DataWindow.NET 2.5 products are installed, DataWindow.NET control appears in VS-2008 ToolBox. I think DataWindow.NET is quite similar to other Server side controls in ASP.N...

Any news on Datawindow .NET 2.5?
Does anyone know the scheduled release date for DW.NET 2.5? Beta testing hasn't started yet. Last I heard is that it will start December 1st. No idea when it will be GA. "Bart" <bart@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:45083f79$1@forums-1-dub... > Does anyone know the scheduled release date for DW.NET 2.5? > DataWindow .NET 2.5 GA is slated for April. -- John Strano Sybase Technology Evangelist "ith" <ith@nospam.com> wrote in message news:45096bd0@forums-1-dub... > Beta testing hasn't started yet. Last I heard ...

Datawindow .NET 2.5 projects
Hello, I'm playing with Datawindow .NET 2.5 to determine what the migration effort would be for our 2.0 libraries. To date everything works fine but I noticed that the new Datawindow project files (*.dwproj) have the "Exclude from build" property that I found interesting. I need to be able to produce PBD's during the build process and by setting the "Exclude from build" property to True it does just that. The only thing that I now need to indicate to the Datawindow project is that I need to associate a specific PBR to a specific PBL when building the P...

DataWindow.Net 1.5 #2
On a data window control click event, is it possible to return the row number and data window object control that was clicked by the user as we could do in pb on this event. row and dwo.name parameters. darry.cummings@sorin-na.com wrote: > On a data window control click event, is it possible to > return the row number and data window object control that > was clicked by the user as we could do in pb on this event. > > row and dwo.name parameters. Sybase.DataWindow.ObjectAtPoin�ter obj = this.ObjectUnderMouse; Sybase.DataWindow.GraphicObjec�t dwo = obj.Gob; ...

Web resources about - Is DataWindow 2.5 in Dw.Net is same as DataWindow in PB11.2 - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo