IP address in Powerbuilder

I need to get IP address of a workstation or the computer name from
Powerbuilder application. Is there any way to do that in Powerbuilder or
I need to call some API functions?

Thanks

Mikahil Smirnov

0
MikhailSmirnov

See Eric Aling's homepage for a solution:
http://utopia.knoware.nl/users/cypr115/

--
Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
Canadian Forest Oil Ltd.
MikhailSmirnov wrote in message <377A6130.995A8F6E@Alliant-Energy.com>...
>I need to get IP address of a workstation or the computer name from
>Powerbuilder application. Is there any way to do that in Powerbuilder or
>I need to call some API functions?
>
>Thanks
>
>Mikahil Smirnov

0
Terry
6/30/1999 6:51:16 PM
Hi !

PB has an FTP client example, there is an implemnentation of major
socket functions, and there is GetHostByName() call, - that is what you
need.

Luck !

--
Sincerelly,
Vladimir M. Bogak,

0
Vladimir

How can I get IP Address & NetCard Address Using PowerBuilder?
Hello,All: How can I get IP Address and NetCard Address Using PowerBuilder? Please give me a hand??Thanks for your help... Jim look at : http://utopia.knoware.nl/users/cypr115/ Jean-Paul "Jim" <jim@turnkey.com.tw> wrote in message news:25f#ZzO1$GA.203@forums.sybase.com... > Hello,All: > How can I get IP Address and NetCard Address Using PowerBuilder? > Please give me a hand??Thanks for your help... > > Jim > > Is it Arguments??? I can't understand Arguments... Would anyone tell me!!Thanks! jpf <jpf@basc....

Obtaining IP Address in Powerbuilder
I am wanting to get the IP address of a PC to determine what database the application is going to use. I have not found any "easy" way to do this, any help is appreciated. Jason Visit Eric Aling's site http://utopia.knoware.nl/users/cypr115/pb/tips/pbtip14.htm for an example of how to do this. Regards, Dave Fish [Team Sybase] On Fri, 21 May 1999 08:22:57 -0500, "Jason" <jasonm@hermes.com> wrote: >I am wanting to get the IP address of a PC to determine what database the >application is going to use. I have not found any "easy"...

Use PowerBuilder DLL in PowerBuilder

Powerbuilder 5 to Powerbuilder 10

Powerbuilder
I was speaking with a contact at State of Oregon who had a question/issue: They had someone from IBM put a sniffer on their network, and they noticed that their powerbuilder app. would quite often have a few timeouts before connecting to ASE 11.9.2. I believe there is an ASE server parameter that defines the amount of time for the server to wait before sending a message back to disconnect, along with the number of retries, but he was wondering if there is something in powerbuilder? (I'm trying to find the ASE end of it, but having difficulty...it's something that goes...

Why Powerbuilder ?
Hi, I face a strange problem.... In company I started to work recently someone years ago decided to do any client/server development ( internal use only ) in SQL Windows / Gupta. As a ex-Power user I never bought into this concept and I think there is no need to discuss which product is better.... The problem now is - a big new project is coming up and I'm trying to lobby for PB as toll to to realize it with ( SQL Server 6.5 as back end ). My boss however doesn't take my opinion for granted, wanted me to convince him that it's right way to go. I surfed the web for a fe...

Powerbuilder
Hi all, I am probably not suppose to be asking this question here but I have been unable to get into the beta news groups and we are getting a little frazzled. Can anyone give us an example of a Jaquar NVO component using a connection pool. We are trying to sync a datastore on easerver with a datawindow and cannot establish a connection through the pool on easerver. We are able to execute a method to insert a row and sync. If that means anything. Thanks Den We are using PB7.0 and EAServer3.0 betas on NT Since the beta's well over and the product is about to be shipped, ...

Problem the IP address showing is NOT my IP address I am at.
host217-35-99-250.in-addr.btopenworld.com or 217.35.99.250 is someone else's IP address, not my IP address (12.98.80.XXX a Dynamic IP address range) when I test my ports with the NanoProbe system. In message <b6i8f8$tp1$1@news.grc.com>, abcministoragellc <abcministoragellc@netzero.net> kicked in with > >host217-35-99-250.in-addr.btopenworld.com >or 217.35.99.250 >is someone else's IP address, not my IP address (12.98.80.XXX a Dynamic >IP address range) >when I test my ports with the NanoProbe system. Had the same here, a couple of minute...

Powerbuilder
We're developing a to-sell-system for the restaurants industry. The system has PC and handheld (PocketPC) interfaces. I would like to use PowerBuilder to develop the UI, but I need to know if it is supported the development for the handhelds interface too?? and which specialized (good looking) forms or buttons I could use for the development?? This forum is for source code control questions - better to post in the general forum.. -- Evita R. Chapa Senior Systems Analyst II Command Technologies, Inc. <Mynor_Paredes> wrote in message news:F5DFEA0D01AB9EB700...

Address of PowerBuilder function
I'd like to use the Windows SetWindowsHookEx API function in a PowerBuilder window, but the SetWindowsHookEx function requires the address of the PowerBuilder function to call when a message is received. Does anyone know how to pass the address of a PowerBuilder function (as a long) to an external function. Thanks, Kirk Trost Encore Media Group trost.kirk@encoremedia.com There is no way to get function addresses in PB for callbacks or hooks (or anything else useful like function pointers). Sorry, steve [TeamPS] Kirk Trost wrote: > > I'd like to use th...

Moving from PowerBuilder 6.5 to PowerBuilder 10
Hi, I have an application developed in PB6.5 and due to changing requirements application has to be switched to PB10. There when I am trying to regenerate the contents of my PBL, it is giving error stating: C0042 : cannot compile without valid database signon. This error is coming for few windows but not for the functions I have made in my pbl. It is working perfectly fine for pb6.5. Can you please help me on this. Thanks in advance. Manich First you must to connect to the database by a profile, continue migrate your app. Karla <Manich Tripathi> escribi...

powerbuilder
i'm looking into evaluating powerbuilder and was just wondering if powerbuilder has a COM/CORBA interface. In addition, will powerbuilder accept incoming XML streams? PowerBuilder can generate COM components, although they are actually Com-Wrappered PB components. The CORBA interface hooks into Sybase EAServer, and there's limited access to other CORBA servers. PB cannot accept XML streams natively, but you can implement the MSXML interface without a great deal of difficulty. What's your goal in your evaluation and what are you comparing to? regards, Bill al ...

Web resources about - IP address in Powerbuilder - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles