Internet explorer window - hide

Hi ,
i am using following code to get data from web page. But the IE window is
sometimes visible even if i am calling IE.visible=0 in the code...
What i am doing wrong ?

IE.ConnectToNewObject("InternetExplorer.Application")

IE.left=200
IE.top=200
IE.height=400
IE.width=400
IE.menubar=0
IE.toolbar=0
IE.statusBar=0
IE.visible=0

IE.navigate("http://www")
IE.Quit()
IE.DisconnectObject()

regards
Milos Sula

0
ula
1/14/2011 6:53:27 AM
sybase.powerbuilder.general 62418 articles. 11 followers. Follow

I would use GetURL to retrieve the web page directly into a string variable.
http://www.topwizprogramming.com/freecode_geturl.html

On 1/14/2011 1:53 AM, �ula Milo� wrote:
> Hi ,
> i am using following code to get data from web page. But the IE window is
> sometimes visible even if i am calling IE.visible=0 in the code...
> What i am doing wrong ?
>
> IE.ConnectToNewObject("InternetExplorer.Application")
>
> IE.left=200
> IE.top=200
> IE.height=400
> IE.width=400
> IE.menubar=0
> IE.toolbar=0
> IE.statusBar=0
> IE.visible=0
>
> IE.navigate("http://www")
> ..
> ..
> ..
> IE.Quit()
> IE.DisconnectObject()
>
> regards
> Milos Sula

0
Roland

Internet Explorer window freezes when trying to expand or shrink explorer window
I have noticed that whenever I try to expand or shrink the explorer window when viewing a page with the TabContainer Control, that it complely locks me up.  I have to end the process to get back access to the computer. Any ideas? JAYHAWKER: I have noticed that whenever I try to expand or shrink the explorer window when viewing a page with the TabContainer Control, that it complely locks me up.  I have to end the process to get back access to the computer. Base on my experience, perhaps it cause of the third party plug-ins, please desiable the third party plug-ins, and try ag...

Internet Explorer is now Windows Explorer
I have Zone Alarm and in the past when I click on IE 5.5 it opens my browser, connects to the internet and shows up as the IE icon in Zone alarm. Recently I installed Morpheus file sharing program and then subsequently deleted it. Now however, unless I allow Windows Explorer access to the internet, I cannot surf. Once I allow it, everything works normally. I also notice that the IE icon is not in Zone alarm, just the Windows Explorer icon. I am wondering what I can do to get things back to normal or if its just really an annoyance to be ignored. -- Lauri :) ...

Opening New Window without Title bar & Frames of Internet explorer, & want to set opacity as 50% to internet explorer.
Hi, All This post is related to opening new window  as pop up window with the help of javascript. Syntax is like: -  window.open('url to open','window name','attribute1,attribute2') where : - attribute1,attribute2' As with alot of other things, we have a choice of attributes you can adjust.we can use these attributes to open window as we want.now my problem start...in my case :- i dont want title bar which can be done by setting full screen property to true; which doesnt solve my problem, i want my window size as (200,200...

Your Internet Explorer home page is reset to "about:blank" and Windows AntiSpyware (Beta) unexpectedly quits in Windows 2000, Windows XP, or Windows Server 2003
followup to grc.security.software Your Internet Explorer home page is reset to "about:blank" and Windows AntiSpyware (Beta) unexpectedly quits in Windows 2000, Windows XP, or Windows Server 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/894269/EN-US/ ----------------------------------------------------------- Quote ----------------------------------------------------------- Article ID : 894269 Last Review : February 25, 2005 Revision : 1.0 SYMPTOMS On a computer that is running Microsoft Windows 2000, Microsoft Windows XP, or Microsoft Windo...

Re:Internet Explorer is now Windows explorer.
I do not have that option. -------------- Internet Options: Advanced: Check the box "Launch browser windows in a separate process" That should take care of the problem. -- Lauri :) "Universal Justice is the Key to ALL!!!" You'll need to go back to either IE 5.0 or 5.5 (I don't remember which version had that option) and check that box then upgrade to your current version again. (It will remember your choice upon upgrade) That will take care of this nuisance. Or...live with the way it is as there is no other fix for it. There use to be ...

How to open a window PB in new window of Internet Explorer?
Hi, How to open a window PB in new window of Internet Explorer? ...

URL Handling Vulnerability in Windows XP and Windows Server,2003 with Windows Internet Explorer 7 Could Allow Remote Code Execution
Boy, that's a long subject line - but it's the title of Microsoft's KB article: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/advisory/943521.mspx -- Microsoft details (a bit) its changes to URL, more correctly URI, handling in IE 7 on WinXP and Windows 2003. The problem is that IE 7 code "tries to fix up" malformed URIs, then passes the fixed-up URI to the ShellExecute procedure (on XP and Win2003). http://blogs.technet.com/msrc/archive/2007/10/10/msrc-blog-additional-details-and-background-on-security-advisory-943521.aspx OR http://tinyurl.com/yoadp8 ...

Get rid of "Windows Internet Explorer" in title of new IE window..
Does anyone know how that is done :) ...Page.Title only adds to the title of the window  NuwandaYou learn from experience, everything else is just information.  get rid of this post maybe? :)You learn from experience, everything else is just information. Nuwanda: Does anyone know how that is done :) ...Page.Title only adds to the title of the window Nuwanda Hi Nuwand, As far as I know, it is not possible to achieve this for the reason the title 'Microsoft Internet Explorer' is set in the Internet Explorer itself and a web page has no permission to chang...

Now Available: Internet Explorer 8 MUI packs for Windows XP, Windows Server 03
We are pleased to announce the availability of Internet Explorer 8 Multilingual User Interface (MUI) packs for Windows XP SP2, Windows XP SP3, and Windows Server 2003 SP2. The MUI packs can be downloaded from here : http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2009/05/14/now-available-internet-explorer-8-mui-packs-for-windows-xp-windows-server-03.aspx -- "If U know neither the enemy nor yourself,U will succumb in every battle" ...

Create Asp.net application for "Open a web page (.aspx) in new window or new internet explorer window"
Hi, I want to Create Asp.net application which ca Open a web page (.aspx) in new window or new internet explorer window. Any code....Vikrant,.Net Software Developer,Mumbai. vikrant.waghmare:Hi, I want to Create Asp.net application which ca Open a web page (.aspx) in new window or new internet explorer window. Any code....  Hi if you are clicking on a hyoerlink then write the code as<a href="NewPage.aspx" target="_blank">Click to Open a New Page</a>If this is useful, then don't forget to mark this as answer. Thank you. Please d...

windows explorer connecting to internet
Hi, from time to time, windows explorer tries to connect to the internet. I understand this has something to do with the close interaction between Internet Explorer and Windows Explorer. Now where on the Internet does Windows explorer want to go? Is it harmful? Must it be blocked, eg by Zone Alarm? regrads, BRM Sat, 21 Sep 2002 16:31:10 GMT Bicycle Repair Man posted the following to grc.security.software: > Hi, > > from time to time, windows explorer tries to connect to the internet. > I understand this has something to do with the close interaction > be...

new window from internet explorer
For ASP.Net 2.0, is there any way to identify different windows when user click control-n or file|new window in internet explorer.  I saw an AnonymousID property in the request object but that seems to be relevant for personalization so I don't think it's relevant here. As a follow up would anybody know if IE7's new tab feature behave similar as ctrl-n? thanks Mark W ...

Why does windows explorer access the internet?
I recently installed ZAF5 and noticed that if (windows) explorer.exe is denied access to the internet CPU usage is pushed to 100%. If I allow the access CPU activity drops down to normal. Why does explorer need to access the net, and if it isn't necessary is there any way to turn it off? On Fri, 2 Jul 2004 17:29:58 -0700, "Swingman" <sbt@silcom.com> wrote: >I recently installed ZAF5 and noticed that if (windows) >explorer.exe is denied access to the internet CPU usage is >pushed to 100%. If I allow the access CPU activity drops >down to normal. W...

I am unable to use the internet explorer web tabstrip in internet explorer
Hi, I am unable to see the Tabstrip web control in internet explorer, can any help for me Can you please describe what exacly are you doing and how the page markup looks like?Thanks------------------------------------------------------------This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. <iewc:TabStrip id="TSAwards" runat="server" TabSelectedStyle="background-color:#000000;color:#FFFFFF"                  TabHoverStyle="background-color:#777777" CssClass="con...

Problems with Windows Internet Explorer
Hi, Could someone tell me if there is a known issue with workflows and the internet explorer? My form has some events that works in Firefox but not work in the IE. Code: -------------------- dnOW = IDVault.get(null, form.getValue("solicitante") , "userUpdate", "secretary"); if (IDVault.get(null, "'" + dnWO + "'", "WorkOrder", "DirXML-Other2") == "delete"){ field.hide(); field.disable(); } -------------------- Could someone help me? Carol -- acgome...

Web resources about - Internet explorer window - hide - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Internet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... government networks of local to global scope, linked by a broad array of electronic, wireless, and optical networking technologies. The Internet ...

Internet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Internet is a global system of interconnected computer networks that use the standard Internet protocol suite (TCP/IP) to link several billion ...

Internet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Internet is a global system of interconnected computer networks that use the standard Internet protocol suite (TCP/IP) to link several billion ...

Internets - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
" Internets ", also known as " The Internets ", is a Bushism -turned- catchphrase used humorously to portray the speaker as ignorant about the ...

Internet Evolution - The Macrosite for News, Analysis, and Opinion about the Future of the Internet
The next big leap forward in the history of the Internet is happening now: Internet Evolution (www.internetevolution.com) is a Web 2.0 online ...

ANZ Bank suffers internet banking outage following refresh
ANZ Bank suffered an extended internet banking outage on Monday which began mid-morning and extended into the late afternoon.

5 Ways to Spread Love on the Internet Right Now
... the course of the day. Click Love Every social media site has their own version of showing love, from hearts to likes. Go around the Internet, ...

British prisons are going to make it harder for inmates to access the internet and make mobile calls
... prisons are going to further enhance the mobile phone blocking technology they use in order to prevent criminals from accessing the internet ...

Kobe Bryant Announces Retirement From Basketball With Poem, Breaks the Internet
Kobe Bryant Announces Retirement From Basketball With Poem, Breaks the Internet

How Rikers Inmates And Columbia Students Built A Twitter BotWith No Internet
... learn to code behind bars. Not long ago, a team from Columbia University set out to build an automated Twitter bot in a place with no Internet ...