Install PB 10 update without needing to install PB 9 update, then PB 8 update....

We have a bunch of updates to PB.  Is there a way we can install PB 10
without needing to install all the previous versions of PB?

0
Daniel

If all you have is an update version, then you'll need to have some
previous version of PB installed.

On 4 Mar 2005 05:54:11 -0800, "Daniel Coppersmith"
<daniel_N.0.S.P.A.M_at_InFrontSoftware_D0T_C0M> wrote:

>We have a bunch of updates to PB.  Is there a way we can install PB 10
>without needing to install all the previous versions of PB?

Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
http://www.teamsybase.com

Vote for DataWindow.Net!
http://sys-con.com/dotnet/readerschoice2004/

TeamSybase blogs:
http://www.teamsybase.net/blogs

PowerBuilder Developer's Journal:
http://sys-con.com/pbdj/

Two 3rd party books on developing with PowerBuilder
http://www.pb9books.com?source=newsgroups

Need code sample?  Check out CodeXchange:
http://www.codexchange.sybase.com

http://www.needhim.org

NOTE:

If you are using Google to post messages to the newsgroups, you will
*not* receive a reply.  Messages posted through Google never reach the
Sybase newsgroup server, so we don't see them in order to respond to
them.  You should post your question using a standard newsgroup reader
or the web based newsreaders at my.sybase.com or www.pfcguide.com.
Google is great for searching the Sybase newsgroups, but you can't post
to them from there.

DISCLAIMER:

This newsgroup message is only intended for the recipient. Given that it
is a posting to a public newsgroup, that means if you can read this
message then you are the recipient.  This message may contain information
that is confidential and protected from disclosure. And then again,
it may not.

Given that TeamSybase members are not employees of Sybase, the contents
of this message do not necessarily represent the views or policies of
Sybase.  Given that TeamSybase is a diverse group of users of Sybase
products, the contents of this message do not necessarily represent the
views of a significant number of the members of TeamSybase.  Given that the
author has multiple personalities and hears voices in his head, the contents
of this message do not necessarily represent his own views.
0
Bruce
3/4/2005 2:17:30 PM
:(   Ugh.

"Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]" <NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com>
wrote in message news:0frg21dm0lo3olj49mrc65ggj885ocu6f2@4ax.com...
> If all you have is an update version, then you'll need to have some
> previous version of PB installed.
>
> On 4 Mar 2005 05:54:11 -0800, "Daniel Coppersmith"
> <daniel_N.0.S.P.A.M_at_InFrontSoftware_D0T_C0M> wrote:
>
> >We have a bunch of updates to PB.  Is there a way we can install PB 10
> >without needing to install all the previous versions of PB?
> >

> Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
> http://www.teamsybase.com
>
> Vote for DataWindow.Net!
> http://sys-con.com/dotnet/readerschoice2004/
>
> TeamSybase blogs:
> http://www.teamsybase.net/blogs
>
> PowerBuilder Developer's Journal:
> http://sys-con.com/pbdj/
>
> Two 3rd party books on developing with PowerBuilder
> http://www.pb9books.com?source=newsgroups
>
> Need code sample?  Check out CodeXchange:
> http://www.codexchange.sybase.com
>
> Preach the gospel at all times. If necessary, use words. - Francis of
Assisi
> http://www.needhim.org

> NOTE:
>
> If you are using Google to post messages to the newsgroups, you will
> *not* receive a reply.  Messages posted through Google never reach the
> Sybase newsgroup server, so we don't see them in order to respond to
> them.  You should post your question using a standard newsgroup reader
> or the web based newsreaders at my.sybase.com or www.pfcguide.com.
> Google is great for searching the Sybase newsgroups, but you can't post
> to them from there.

> DISCLAIMER:
>
> This newsgroup message is only intended for the recipient. Given that it
> is a posting to a public newsgroup, that means if you can read this
> message then you are the recipient.  This message may contain information
> that is confidential and protected from disclosure. And then again,
> it may not.
>
> Given that TeamSybase members are not employees of Sybase, the contents
> of this message do not necessarily represent the views or policies of
> Sybase.  Given that TeamSybase is a diverse group of users of Sybase
> products, the contents of this message do not necessarily represent the
> views of a significant number of the members of TeamSybase.  Given that
the
> author has multiple personalities and hears voices in his head, the
contents
> of this message do not necessarily represent his own views.

0
Daniel
3/4/2005 2:18:10 PM
Actually,

I think if you just want to upgrade to 10, if you have access to version 7
or 8 CD's, the install will just ask for the disk.  You don't need to have
the previous version installed on the machine.  (I know this was the case
for version 9)

"Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]" <NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com>
wrote in message news:0frg21dm0lo3olj49mrc65ggj885ocu6f2@4ax.com...
> If all you have is an update version, then you'll need to have some
> previous version of PB installed.
>
> On 4 Mar 2005 05:54:11 -0800, "Daniel Coppersmith"
> <daniel_N.0.S.P.A.M_at_InFrontSoftware_D0T_C0M> wrote:
>
> >We have a bunch of updates to PB.  Is there a way we can install PB 10
> >without needing to install all the previous versions of PB?
> >

> Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
> http://www.teamsybase.com
>
> Vote for DataWindow.Net!
> http://sys-con.com/dotnet/readerschoice2004/
>
> TeamSybase blogs:
> http://www.teamsybase.net/blogs
>
> PowerBuilder Developer's Journal:
> http://sys-con.com/pbdj/
>
> Two 3rd party books on developing with PowerBuilder
> http://www.pb9books.com?source=newsgroups
>
> Need code sample?  Check out CodeXchange:
> http://www.codexchange.sybase.com
>
> Preach the gospel at all times. If necessary, use words. - Francis of
Assisi
> http://www.needhim.org

> NOTE:
>
> If you are using Google to post messages to the newsgroups, you will
> *not* receive a reply.  Messages posted through Google never reach the
> Sybase newsgroup server, so we don't see them in order to respond to
> them.  You should post your question using a standard newsgroup reader
> or the web based newsreaders at my.sybase.com or www.pfcguide.com.
> Google is great for searching the Sybase newsgroups, but you can't post
> to them from there.

> DISCLAIMER:
>
> This newsgroup message is only intended for the recipient. Given that it
> is a posting to a public newsgroup, that means if you can read this
> message then you are the recipient.  This message may contain information
> that is confidential and protected from disclosure. And then again,
> it may not.
>
> Given that TeamSybase members are not employees of Sybase, the contents
> of this message do not necessarily represent the views or policies of
> Sybase.  Given that TeamSybase is a diverse group of users of Sybase
> products, the contents of this message do not necessarily represent the
> views of a significant number of the members of TeamSybase.  Given that
the
> author has multiple personalities and hears voices in his head, the
contents
> of this message do not necessarily represent his own views.

0
Shane
3/4/2005 2:23:12 PM
Same for PB 10.

Shane Maitland suggested that:
> Actually,
>
> I think if you just want to upgrade to 10, if you have access to version 7
> or 8 CD's, the install will just ask for the disk.  You don't need to have
> the previous version installed on the machine.  (I know this was the case
> for version 9)
>

> "Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]" <NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com>
> wrote in message news:0frg21dm0lo3olj49mrc65ggj885ocu6f2@4ax.com...
>
>>If all you have is an update version, then you'll need to have some
>>previous version of PB installed.
>>
>>On 4 Mar 2005 05:54:11 -0800, "Daniel Coppersmith"
>><daniel_N.0.S.P.A.M_at_InFrontSoftware_D0T_C0M> wrote:
>>

>>>We have a bunch of updates to PB.  Is there a way we can install PB 10
>>>without needing to install all the previous versions of PB?
>>>

>>Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
>>http://www.teamsybase.com
>>
>>Vote for DataWindow.Net!
>>http://sys-con.com/dotnet/readerschoice2004/
>>
>>TeamSybase blogs:
>>http://www.teamsybase.net/blogs
>>
>>PowerBuilder Developer's Journal:
>>http://sys-con.com/pbdj/
>>
>>Two 3rd party books on developing with PowerBuilder
>>http://www.pb9books.com?source=newsgroups
>>
>>Need code sample?  Check out CodeXchange:
>>http://www.codexchange.sybase.com
>>
>>Preach the gospel at all times. If necessary, use words. - Francis of
>
> Assisi
>
>>http://www.needhim.org

>>NOTE:
>>
>>If you are using Google to post messages to the newsgroups, you will
>>*not* receive a reply.  Messages posted through Google never reach the
>>Sybase newsgroup server, so we don't see them in order to respond to
>>them.  You should post your question using a standard newsgroup reader
>>or the web based newsreaders at my.sybase.com or www.pfcguide.com.
>>Google is great for searching the Sybase newsgroups, but you can't post
>>to them from there.

>>DISCLAIMER:
>>
>>This newsgroup message is only intended for the recipient. Given that it
>>is a posting to a public newsgroup, that means if you can read this
>>message then you are the recipient.  This message may contain information
>>that is confidential and protected from disclosure. And then again,
>>it may not.
>>
>>Given that TeamSybase members are not employees of Sybase, the contents
>>of this message do not necessarily represent the views or policies of
>>Sybase.  Given that TeamSybase is a diverse group of users of Sybase
>>products, the contents of this message do not necessarily represent the
>>views of a significant number of the members of TeamSybase.  Given that
>
> the
>
>>author has multiple personalities and hears voices in his head, the
>
> contents
>
>>of this message do not necessarily represent his own views.

0
Spidey