Insert/Delete/Delete all rows

Hi

Neither in data window painter nor in data base painter I can Insert, Delete
and Delete all Rows for a table. These Items are in both painters gray and
can,t been selected.
Is something wrong on my installation of PB?
PB 7.02 (Build 8030)

Can someone help me?

Thanks

Taghi Pouradjam

0
Taghi

Does your table have a primary key defined?

--
<hopethishelps />
Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase]

"Taghi Pouradjam" <pouradjam@oasys.de> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> Neither in data window painter nor in data base painter I can Insert,
> and Delete all Rows for a table. These Items are in both painters gray and
> can,t been selected.
> Is something wrong on my installation of PB?
> PB 7.02 (Build 8030)
>
> Can someone help me?
>
> Thanks
>
> Taghi Pouradjam

0
Roy
1/29/2001 2:19:29 PM
Or atleast a unique index defined for the table?

   Thanks. Bye.

   With Regards,

   Jeinutheen Mohamed.

Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] <SPAM_FREE_roy.kiesler@teamsybase.com> wrote in
message news:xlyuyDgiAHA.216@forums.sybase.com...
> Does your table have a primary key defined?
>
> --
> <hopethishelps />
> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase]
> mySybase -- http://my.sybase.com
>
> "Taghi Pouradjam" <pouradjam@oasys.de> wrote in message
> > Hi
> >
> > Neither in data window painter nor in data base painter I can Insert,
> > and Delete all Rows for a table. These Items are in both painters gray
and
> > can,t been selected.
> > Is something wrong on my installation of PB?
> > PB 7.02 (Build 8030)
> >
> > Can someone help me?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Taghi Pouradjam

0
Jeinutheen
1/29/2001 6:16:20 PM
Hi
Thanks .
But my table has defined primary key as well a unique index for this key.
Any idea?

Taghi Pouradjam
Jeinutheen Mohamed <jeinutheen@hotmail.com> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag:
rr0moHiiAHA.296@forums.sybase.com...
> Or atleast a unique index defined for the table?
>
>    Thanks. Bye.
>
>    With Regards,
>
>    Jeinutheen Mohamed.
>
> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] <SPAM_FREE_roy.kiesler@teamsybase.com> wrote in
> message news:xlyuyDgiAHA.216@forums.sybase.com...
> > Does your table have a primary key defined?
> >
> > --
> > <hopethishelps />
> > Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase]
> > mySybase -- http://my.sybase.com
> >
> > "Taghi Pouradjam" <pouradjam@oasys.de> wrote in message
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > Neither in data window painter nor in data base painter I can Insert,
> > > and Delete all Rows for a table. These Items are in both painters gray
> and
> > > can,t been selected.
> > > Is something wrong on my installation of PB?
> > > PB 7.02 (Build 8030)
> > >
> > > Can someone help me?
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > >
> > > Taghi Pouradjam

0
Taghi
1/30/2001 11:19:54 AM
Row functions are disabled unless you select (click on) the Preview pane.

> Hi
> Thanks .
> But my table has defined primary key as well a unique index for this key.
> Any idea?
>
> Taghi Pouradjam
> Jeinutheen Mohamed <jeinutheen@hotmail.com> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag:
> rr0moHiiAHA.296@forums.sybase.com...
> > Or atleast a unique index defined for the table?
> >
> >    Thanks. Bye.
> >
> >    With Regards,
> >
> >    Jeinutheen Mohamed.
> >
> > Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] <SPAM_FREE_roy.kiesler@teamsybase.com> wrote in
> > message news:xlyuyDgiAHA.216@forums.sybase.com...
> > > Does your table have a primary key defined?
> > >
> > > --
> > > <hopethishelps />
> > > Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase]
> > > mySybase -- http://my.sybase.com
> > >
> > > "Taghi Pouradjam" <pouradjam@oasys.de> wrote in message

Insert,
> > and

0
Scott

VS2005 - using detailsview to update, insert and delete rows from SQL 2005 database. Delete and insert work but update does not
  Using VS 2005 DetailsView to insert, delete, and update rows in SQL 2005 database.  insert and delete work but update does not.  I recieve no errors and the detailsView comes back unchanged (as well as table row is unchanged).   I am trying to use as little code behind as possible. However I do have ItemUpdating routines that seem to work (i.e Checking table for new login duplicates and encrypting passwords).  The following is the source code generated by VS2005:<%@ Page Language="VB" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="frmDbRegionMgr...

Deletes are not being deleted.
Using ASA 7.03 I am having a problem in deleting field service orders that have been completed. Just getting started with sync so I am probably making a dumb mistake or just leaving out a step. The download_delete_cursor script is: Select ordernumber from ServiceOrderEntryMaster where Tech = ? and Order_Complete = 'Y' This based on the verbose reply from the MobiLink Synchronization server is picking the correct work order ( number 326 ) and showing a Delete Row line in the log. But the work order is not being deleted on the remote side. What could I be doing wron...

Delete Row Method (getting the primarykey of row being deleted)
Hello friends,I'd like to retrieve the primary key of the row being deleted so i can use it as a parameter in my stored procedure: Here's how far i have come with my code. I need help with line 6.Thanks in advance :)  1 Protected Sub DependentsObjectDataSource_Deleting(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Web.UI.WebControls.ObjectDataSourceMethodEventArgs) Handles DependentsObjectDataSource.Deleting2 3 'get value of deleting depednent id4 'Delete (Unenroll) all benefits dependent enrolled in before attempting to delete dependen...

Delete row and delete from table
Hi I need, after delete a grid row, execute a delete statmentProtected Sub GridView1_RowCommand(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridViewCommandEventArgs) Handles GridView1.RowCommand Dim advogado As StringIf (e.CommandName = "Apagar") Thenadvogado = RTrim(e.CommandArgument.ToString)Apaga_Processos(advogado)End Ifend subPrivate Sub Apaga_Processos(ByVal advogado As String)Dim conn As SqlConnectionDim comm As SqlCommandDim connectionString As String = ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings("mssql2.tuganet.com").ConnectionStringconn = New Sql...

delete row or delete all in Gridview?
Hi there, I have a Gridview that bind the data from the .mdb  and I want to have 2 delete buttions, one is delete a row and the other one is delete all from the database.  How do I do it in code behind in c#?  thanks a lot row delete  (temp call rowDel) all delete (temp call allDel) with rowDel: i think you should bound one column in gridview  (or datagrid)<asp:ButtonColumn... and bout allDel: i think you should use a button distinct with gridview.Becoz your required is not complex , when allDel be push you don't care...

DataSet rows being deleted, but after the update , the sql database is not updated. The delete rows still in the database.
 Stepping thru the code with the debugger shows the dataset rows being deleted.   After executing the code, and getting to the page presentation. Then I stop the debug and start the page creation process again ( Page_Load ).    The database still has the original deleted dataset rows. Adding rows works, then updating works fine, but deleting rows, does not seem to work.   The dataset is configured to send the DataSet updates to the database. Use the standard wizard to create the dataSet.     cDependChildTA.Fill(cDependChildDs._ClientDependentC...

running a delete statement that matches multiple rows fails or partially fails to delete those rows.
I am having a very strange issue and looking for some ideas on next troubleshooting steps. Summary: running a delete statement that matches multiple rows fails or partially fails to delete those rows. Description: I am running Sybase ASE 15.0.0 and Solaris 10 with multiple zones. I BCP 1.5 million rows of data into a ProductStage table before running the following two statements - DELETE Product FROM Product, ProductStage (INDEX XPKProductStage) WHERE Product.BatchNumber LIKE @LikeArgument AND Product.BatchNumber = ProductStage.BatchNumber AN...

deleting rows using checkboxes and delete button
I have a simple Datagrid with a column of checkboxes. I would like to delete the records where the checkboxes are checked by pressing a delete button outside the datagrid. I'm fine on the actual deleting bit, but I have no idea how to get the status of each of the checkboxes in the grid. I'd be grateful of some help - I'm using C# Many thanks To my concern you have to javascript to identify the checkboxed selected. Have a Great DayRegardsRamu...

Deleting a row from DB and deleting a file from the server.
Hi, I'm struggling with how to delete a file from the server when a button to delete a record is clicked in my gridview.  Deleting the record by itself works fine.  I have the file name I want to delete stored in that record that is being deleted.  I'm assuming I'd be using the OnItemDelete, but how do I get the reference of the file name of that record out of the database before the record is deleted.  Do I need to pass the value somehow to the OnItemDelete function or is it already accessible from the onItemDelete function?...

Delete rows without moving to delete buffer
Is there any method with which we can delete rows from datawindow without moving rows to delete buffer? RowsDiscard() This will *not* remove the rows from the database. Louis Antony wrote: > Is there any method with which we can delete rows from > datawindow without moving rows to delete buffer? Thanks for the answer. But I need to remove rows from database also. > RowsDiscard() > > This will *not* remove the rows from the database. > > > > Louis Antony wrote: > > Is there any method with which we can delete rows from > > data...

How to insert , delete rows in a datawindow
I am looking for an example where the user can select over an context-menu for a datawindow an additional column ( insertrow() ) and delete a row and so on. Is there any program example available for .NET C# or VB ? Thanks Peter I'm not sure I understand the problem. You know about the InsertRow() and DeleteRow() methods I assume. Can you elaborate on what you want to accomplish? By the way, I hope to get some examples uploaded to CodeXchange today. These will be both C# and VB .NET examples that people can download to see how certain DataWindow operations ca...

SetFocus on insert and delete rows
Inspecting the rowmanager service code I found a SetFocus on the of_InsertRow() and of_DeleteRow() methods. Sometimes I don�t want this functionality. Is this really necessary? Can I override it without problems? S�rgio Anibal de Carvalho Junior Developer - TecnoTrends Salavador/Bahia, Brasil ...

Delete all rows and Insert afresh
hi there, Is there some Datawindow settings which will delete all the retrieved rows and insert the current rows. The option which im thinking of currently is to : 1. DELETE all retrieved rows 2. Set the Row's Status to NewModified 3. Issue a datawindow Update But i would prefer to make the datawindow do all this internally For those of you who are wondering why this "crazy" requirement: We have a table for storing miscellaneous user comments. Table tb_notes: note_id int not null, note_seq int not null, note_desc varchar(255) null no primary key. n...

Inserted row deletes after trigger
I'm hoping someone has seen this before because I have no idea what could be causing it.  I have an SQL 2005 database with multiple tables and several triggers on the various tables all set to run after insert and update. My program inserts a record into the "items" via a SP that returns the index of the newly added row. The program then inserts a row into another table that is related to items. When the row is inserted into the second table it gets an error that it cannot insert the record because of a foreign key restraint. Checking the items table shows the record tha...

Web resources about - Insert/Delete/Delete all rows - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Package insert - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In the United States, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) determines the requirements for patient package inserts. Other national or international ...

Inserts Wallpapers & Photos on the App Store on iTunes
Get Inserts Wallpapers & Photos on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Please Insert Coin - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Explore arsheffield's photos on Flickr. arsheffield has uploaded 6582 photos to Flickr.

Ice Cube-I'm Scared (Insert)-The Predator - YouTube
Artist:Ice Cube Title:I'm Scared (Insert) Album:The Predator Year:1992

Google halts public map edits after prankster inserts image of Android robot urinating on Apple logo
Google sidelines crowd-sourced map-making tool to prevent embarrassing edits.

Dear [insert name], Qantas takes your complaint very seriously, honest
What's more annoying than being delayed nine hours on a long-haul flight between Sydney and Los Angeles, while stuck in a seat with a broken ...

Skype to insert advertising into calls
Skype to insert advertising into calls

ISIS inserts disturbing images into N.L. vote Twitter chatter
Note: The CBC does not necessarily endorse any of the views posted. By submitting your comments, you acknowledge that CBC has the right to reproduce, ...

Samsung Galaxy Note 5 now ships with warning not to insert S-Pen the wrong way
... YouTube unboxing video reveals that Samsung has begun shipping its Galaxy Note 5 handsets with a warning label, telling users not to insert ...

Updates to Google Docs & Slides let you insert & quickly edit images on iOS
Google is today rolling out updates to its Google Docs and Slides mobile apps bringing the ability to insert images directly from the app on ...