Infomaker 7 report = Powerbuilder 7 datawindow

Hi!

We've recently migrated to powerbuilder 7 from powerbuilder 5. And we've
taken advantage of the ability to create and modify the same reports in both
powerbuilder and infomaker. However just now we've noticed a problem with
modify a report created in powerbuilder in infomaker and visa versa. The
datasource does not appear correctly.

Powerbuilder & Infomaker 7.0.2 Build 8024

Is their a work around for this issue, or should be at a different patch
level?

Thanks!

Richard W.
Miquest

0
Richard

I'm not following you.  What do you mean with 'the datasource does not
appear correctly'?
I use both IM and PB to modify DWs/reports without any problem.
--
Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
Canadian Forest Oil Ltd.

"Richard Wysocki" <rsw@miquest.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi!
>
> We've recently migrated to powerbuilder 7 from powerbuilder 5. And we've
> taken advantage of the ability to create and modify the same reports in
both
> powerbuilder and infomaker. However just now we've noticed a problem with
> modify a report created in powerbuilder in infomaker and visa versa. The
> datasource does not appear correctly.
>
> Powerbuilder & Infomaker 7.0.2 Build 8024
>
> Is their a work around for this issue, or should be at a different patch
> level?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Richard W.
> Miquest

0
Terry
5/9/2000 9:50:41 PM
Thanks for your interest Terry,

I've found the problem! For some reason when I edit my reports in infomaker,
which were created in powerbuilder, on (several installations) the
datasource view appears in graphical mode, even though the datasource was
defined in Syntax (Convert to Syntax). This graphical view of the datasource
does not show the table list, and clause tabs do not have the correct data
except the syntax tab.... However by going to the view menu and selecting
'Table Layout' the datasource appears as it should.. and for all other
reports also.

A strange querk!

Richard W
Miquest

Terry Dykstra <dontreply_tdykstra@cfol.ab.ca> wrote in message
> I'm not following you.  What do you mean with 'the datasource does not
> appear correctly'?
> I use both IM and PB to modify DWs/reports without any problem.
> --
> Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
> Canadian Forest Oil Ltd.
> Sybase Developer's Network: http://www.sybase.com/sdn
>
> "Richard Wysocki" <rsw@miquest.co.uk> wrote in message
> > Hi!
> >
> > We've recently migrated to powerbuilder 7 from powerbuilder 5. And we've
> > taken advantage of the ability to create and modify the same reports in
> both
> > powerbuilder and infomaker. However just now we've noticed a problem
with
> > modify a report created in powerbuilder in infomaker and visa versa. The
> > datasource does not appear correctly.
> >
> > Powerbuilder & Infomaker 7.0.2 Build 8024
> >
> > Is their a work around for this issue, or should be at a different patch
> > level?
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Richard W.
> > Miquest

0
Richard

powerbuilder 7 and sql 7
How can I install the scripts needed to support MS-SQL shipped with powerbuilder? The ones supplied installs on sybase and oracle. thanks AFAIK MS SQL Server does not require any additional scripts. Can you clarify? /ck "Jose De Celis" <josedc@medicalcardsystem.com> wrote in message news:ROfjISKiBHA.167@forums.sybase.com... > How can I install the scripts needed to support MS-SQL shipped with > powerbuilder? > > The ones supplied installs on sybase and oracle. > > thanks > > No scripts are required to support MS-SQL...

Powerbuilder 7, Oarcle 7 and Sequences
One of the tables of the database I am working with has a field populate with a sequence in this way field.seqname.nextval. How can I populate that field from a datawindow from Powerbuilder? Any help is appreciated. Thanks Enrique You could also select seqname.nextval from dual and use it to setitem on the datawindow, or use a trigger to select and set the sequence when inserting. In that case you would have to be sure to re-retrieve the datawindow to as to have the key available for a following update. Philippe Saladin wrote in message ... >several ways. >In m...

Powerbuilder 7 problem with Acrobot 7
I found the Sybase EBF to make Acrobat 7 work with PB 8, but I am dealing with a vendor product that is still in PB 7. Is there any way to get this to work properly? I'm pretty sure Acrobat 7 came out after support for PB7 was discontinued. If there's anything on the PB side, it wasn't built with Acrobat 7 in mind, and its already out there on the Sybase downloads site. Beyond that, you might want to search messages in the newsgroups (the Sybase site search engine covers their newsgroups pretty well). There's been a lot of discussion of Acrobat 7. I don't if anyone...

Powerbuilder & 7.0, 7.01 build 7027, 7.02 build xxxx y sigue
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_002C_01BF792A.2CDB2550 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Me gustaria saber cual es el mejor metodo para conseguir la ultima = version disponible por Sybase.=20 Hasta ahora aparte de un contrato de mantenimiento que teniamos con = Sybase (UPS) y que actualizaba la version cada 6 meses y debido a la = cantidad de Bug's que han aparecido repentinamente en la 7.0 (despues de = una muy estable 6.5) no teniamos otro metodo para actualizar versiones...

Acrobat 7 with Powerbuilder 7.0.3
I found the Sybase EBF to make Acrobat 7 work with PB 8, but I am dealing with a vendor product that is still in PB 7. Is there any way to get this to work properly? With a vague question, you will get a vague answer. Can you be more detailed about the problem that you are seeing, what EBF that you used to make it work in PB8 (and what version did not work) as it might provide some ensight into the underlying issue that was fixed. <M. Jacobs> wrote in message news:431f12c8.6017.1681692777@sybase.com... >I found the Sybase EBF to make Acrobat 7 work with PB 8, but >...

MS-SQL Server 7 With PowerBuilder 7
I write a SQL statement like this: SELECT * FROM MATERIAL Table Material have 120,000 records data. Execute this Query in SQL Server Query Analyzer. It's spends about 2 minutes Execute this Query in PB 7.0 Database painter's ISQL Session It's spends over 10 minutes. I used Native drive not used ODBC to connect the MS-SQL 7.0. My database server have: Server's CPU x 4 Database Server : MS-SQL Server 7 How can I improve the performance in PowerBuilder? Thanks for your help! from Leo Leo, Depending on your requireme...

Powerbuilder 7 and M$ SQL Server 7
Can someone please tell me where i can download the PB7 driver for MS SQL server7. thanks. Y2K wrote: > Can someone please tell me where i can download the PB7 driver for MS > SQL server7. thanks. There is no specific native driver for SQLServer 7, in PowerBuilder 7 the recommended approach is using the OLE-DB that comes with PB. -- Jim O'Neil Senior Technical Support Engineer Sybase, Inc thank u very much "Jim O'Neil [Sybase]" wrote: > Y2K wrote: > > > Can someone please tell me where i can download the PB7 driver for MS &...

Using Oracle 7.3 with Powerbuilder 7
Hi Peeps I have just installed powerbuilder 7 on my PC and I'm trying connect to one of our Oracle 7.3.4 databases. When I go into the database profile screen it is not showing Oracle 7 as one of the installed database interfaces. My version of Powerbuilder is 7.0.3. Where am going wrong ? Regards Inayat Assuming you have PB7 Enterprise, do a custom install. Under the native drivers select the O73 driver. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post. SDN: http://www.sybase.com/developer/ http://www.pb9books.com <Inayat...

Datawindow Question ( Powerbuilder 7 )
Does anyone know if there is a way to set the retrieval arguments in a datawindow OTHER THAN.... dw_1.Retrieve(arg1,arg2) ? I see in PowerJ they have a setArgument() function. Is there something for Powerbuilder ?? I would like to be able to set arguments in one place and do the "retrieve" elsewhere ( ie: Jaguar ) Thanks in advance Doug Doug, Not that I know of. One option is to use the Get/SetSQLSelect() functions to directly modify the WHERE clause of the SQL Select statement. HTH, Greg -- ________________________________________ Gregory R. George ...

What Does PowerBuilder 7.0.2 Fix From 7.0?
Where would I find a white paper documenting what bugs PowerBuilder 7.0.2 fixes from 7.0? Thanks... Cayce http://download.sybase.com/software/tools/eastudio/35EBF1/pb702_ebf_8011.htm -- pbm_hopethishelps, Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] Sybase Developers Network (SDN) - http:///www.sybase.com/sdn "Cayce Cook" <ccook@linnet.ca> wrote in message news:UGpDliNl$GA.298@forums.sybase.com... > Where would I find a white paper documenting what bugs PowerBuilder 7.0.2 > fixes from 7.0? > > > Thanks... > Cayce > > ...

Cannot connect to MSSQL 7 using Powerbuilder 7 Desktop
Hi, I tried to connect to a MSSQL 7 Database using Powerbuilder 7 Desktop and ODBC. I got the error: "Invalid or unsupported Datasource". I tested the ODBC-Driver using MS-Access 97 and it worked fine. Who can help ???? Thanks in advance, Hagen v.Stuckrad e-mail.: hstuckrad@adamstuckrad.de Adam & v.Stuckrad GmbH Softwareentwicklung und Consulting PB Desktop is not designed to connect to SQL Server. You need PB Professional or Enterprise. On Tue, 21 Nov 2000 17:21:20 +0100, "Hagen v.Stuckrad" <hstuckrad@adamstuckrad.de> wrote: ...

PowerBuilder 7.0 & SQL Server 7.0
Hi: I've develop an application that connect to and MS SQL SERVER 7.0 database via ODBC. When i make the .exe file and run it in Win95 or Windows NT Workstation it works fine, but when i run it in a Win98 client the following error apears. SQLSTATE=22005 - "Invalid character value for cast specification." Any clues about this. The exe was build in PowerBuilder 7.0 over a Windows NT Workstation 4.0 Thanks in advance. Jorge, Try adding to the dbparm - CallEscape='No'. Here is an example: SQLCA.DBParm = "Connectstring='DSN=<your ...

7 #7
Name: Rovensky Email: K_39-9atmaildotru Product: Firefox Summary: 7 Comments: Suuuupeeer! Fox Draive! Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; ru; rv:1.8.1.14) Gecko/20080404 Firefox/2.0.0.14 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

PowerBuilder 7.0 & Oracle 8.1.7 ?
Hi, i have created an application in PowerBuilder 7.0 using datawindows. These datawindows access datas in an Oracle 8.0.5 database. I have installed this application on another machine, with the same database but not the same Oracle version : 8.1.7 Now I have an error when i execute my application : Select Error : SQLSTATE = 22007 [Oracle][ODBC]Invalid datetime format And in the datawindow there is no datas (it should be...) Where is the problem ?? Does PowerBuilder 7.0 not support Oracle 8.1.7 version ?? Thanks in advance Steve Your National Language Support (NLS) settings fo...

Web resources about - Infomaker 7 report = Powerbuilder 7 datawindow - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles