incorporating help into a powerbuilder app using RoboHelp

Hey Y'all:

We just got EHelp's RoboHelp 2002 r2 and we're going to be using it to
incorporate into our PowerBuilder development.  I've got 8.02 build 9626
with Oracle 9i.

I see there's the showhelp and showpopuphelp commands but on the showhelp it
only looks for compiled help (.cnt) and HTML Help (.chm).  Can we not use
RoboHelp's Webhelp for our app (it generates .htm files)?  We were hoping to
use WebHelp since you can set section 508 compliance here but not in the
HTML Help.  It's also not feasible to use win32 api - I'm the only one who
understands a bit of it but we all don't have time to learn it.

Evita R. Chapa
Senior Systems Analyst II
Command Technologies, Inc.

Oh well no responses - we ended up the using HTML Help for our PB
development - RoboHelp is pretty slick..

--
Evita R. Chapa
Senior Systems Analyst II

"E Chapa" <echapa@commtechinc.com> wrote in message
> Hey Y'all:
>
> We just got EHelp's RoboHelp 2002 r2 and we're going to be using it to
> incorporate into our PowerBuilder development.  I've got 8.02 build 9626
> with Oracle 9i.
>
> I see there's the showhelp and showpopuphelp commands but on the showhelp
it
> only looks for compiled help (.cnt) and HTML Help (.chm).  Can we not use
> RoboHelp's Webhelp for our app (it generates .htm files)?  We were hoping
> use WebHelp since you can set section 508 compliance here but not in the
> HTML Help.  It's also not feasible to use win32 api - I'm the only one who
> understands a bit of it but we all don't have time to learn it.
>
> Thanks
>

> --
> Evita R. Chapa
> Senior Systems Analyst II
> Command Technologies, Inc.

Use PowerBuilder DLL in PowerBuilder

Using a PowerBuilder app to drive another Windows app
My users need to run a canned Windows application repeatedly with a variety of parameters on a variety of datasets. In order to do this, they have to log in, choose a menu item, key in some parameters, click an OK button and exit. And then do it again and again and . . . We want to set up a database with the appropriate parameters and write an application to drive the process. We've considered Winbatch but would rather not introduce another development tool . . . if it's not too hard to accomplish the task in PowerBuilder. This has to run in a Windows 95 or NT Workstatio...

One PowerBuilder app triggering an event on another PowerBuilder app's Frame
Running 2 concurrent PowerBuilder apps (both MDI). Is there a way to trigger a user event on the frame of one of the apps from the other? I can get a handle to the frame window, and I am guessing that a Send() of some kind would do the trick, but I don't know which parameters to use or where the parameters for the Send() are documented. Thanks for the help. I recently had the same situation. You can use send or post to send a message to a window in another application. First you need the handle of the window you are sending the message to. Since it is in another applica...

Own Help in Powerbuilder Help
Hi all How can I get my Own Help into PB12 help? In PB 10.5 I put this into pbhelp105.cnt. But in PB12 there isn't a CNT in the Folder .../help. I found only HxK or HxC in the help folder. I have my own help instruction for Programmer. I want to include this in PB12 too. Have anyone a idea. Thanks. regards, Andr� Rust Actually what you are supposed to do is add this line to the [PB] section of pb.ini: UserHelpFile=myhelpfile.hlp The .cnt file is a type of index file that is generated by the help compiler. Copy your .hlp file into the ...\PowerBuilder...

Pls help...Citrix app calls Powerbuilder app
There is a Citrix application. User enters his credentials through Citrix login page and once passed, gets PowerBuilder app Icon to click on. On clicking on the icon, it opens a PowerBuilder application login screen for login details again. My requirement is to bypass the PowerBuilder login screen and directly lead the user to the next page/window post login screen in PowerBuilder app. My question is the user credentials are passed in Citrix app. How do I get to capture the user login details that was passed in Citrix, within my PowerBuilder app. Do i need to use Active directory her...

EAServer App using Powerbuilder
Hi, I am a PB client/server developer having a good understanding of client/server design issues. But when it comes to WEB app, I am not having a good understanding of underlining concepts. like How people do authentication in WEB(in Client server we do this by making connection to Database, but in web app this does not looks practical. A web app should use some chched conections to databasewhich every user connection should use) I would really appreciate if some one could guide me where I could find a sample application (kind of getting started using EA Server and PB not...

HTML Help for my PowerBuilder App.
I have created my HTML help(xyz .chm) using RoboHelp. The following code does not work. ShowHelp("C:\CM2K\PowerBuilder\cm2k.chm",Topic!,10) This works fine with windows file(xxx.hlp) Can any one have some tips on this. Thanks rrp You don't want to use the ShowHelp function. That is for Windows Help files (it launches the Windows Help engine). Try the run function. Regards, Dave Fish [Team Sybase] On Thu, 17 May 2001 11:55:32 -0400, "Sri" <prasad_regidi@hotmail.com> wrote: >I have created my HTML help(xyz .chm) using RoboHelp. ...

Creating Help for a PowerBuilder App
What is the quickest/simplest way to create a simple help file for a 6.5 app? Ken Metz Find someone that knows how to do it, has the tools and will do it for you for free. Write the documents yourself as word processing documents and learn how to use a help compiler. Download a help editor / compiler Buy some commercial help editor / compiler software Hire a tech writer. "KMetz" <klm6703@kcpl.com> wrote in message news:01bf6826$5ba0bd10$241e4990@klm6703ant... > What is the quickest/simplest way to create a simple help file for a 6.5 > app? > > ...

PowerBuilder sendmail using BLAT help
anyone have a simple example of using BLAT to send email? I like using the client, just so they have a copy in the sent folder fun @#$%^&*( OUTLOOK IS GIVING ME SUCH A HEADACHE, I'm willing to BLAT it! Thanks in advance. Dan Function integer SendBlat (string sCmd ) Library "blat.dll" Alias for "Send;ansi" ls_cmd = '"-" ' ls_cmd += ' -body "' + ls_error + '"' ls_cmd += ' -server "' + ls_host + '"' ls_cmd += ' -f "' + ls_fromaddress + '"'...

Need help using DBLIB with PowerBuilder
We are using (Distributed) PowerBuilder (v6.5) with MS SQL Server (v6.5). PowerBuilder makes a connection to SQL Server and then calls a C dll that makes its own connections to SQL Server via DB Library. My problem is that we set the DB Library error handling via a call to the dberrhandle() function within the C dll. This has the effect of overriding the error handling function that seems to have been set by PowerBuilder (since PB also uses DB Library). We first thought that we might capture the error handle that PB originally set and then - upon exiting the C dll - reset the dberr...

HELP! Illegal Operation using PowerBuilder
I am desperate! Could somebody help me with the problem regarding "illegal operation"? Details are as follow: 1. I compiled my app using PB5.04 (PBD) 2. using Sybase SQL anywhere 5.5, ASA6, ASA7 for testing 3. Do intensive testing - run the program continuously for several days (with user interaction) 4. On some days, no problem 5. However, on some days, illegal operation occurs 6. Using Win98 SE (English), Pentium 233 MMX, 32MB 7. No other applications installed Observation: 1. Problem is intermittent 2. It occurs during pfc_update() -- when addi...

Using SMTP via PowerBuilder HELP.
I need to come up with a more solid way to send auto email from my PB app (9.0) I was using the mapi.dll, but my clients are using groupwise and an additional Internet client, so it's sketchy at best. Anyone have an example of a BASIC PB object/script for sending email via a ssl smtp account? thanks in advance! Dan Dan, In PB example application that comes shipped with software there is one very good basic MAPI sample. hope that helps. > I need to come up with a more solid way to send auto email > from my PB app (9.0) > I was using the mapi.dll, but my cl...

Creating a dll in Powerbuilder for use by other apps???
Does anyone know how or if it is even possible to create a dll from Powerbuilder 6.5 code for use by other apps? No, you can't. You would need to use a MSVC++ or some other C/C++ IDE. steve [TeamPS] fdefranco wrote: > > Does anyone know how or if it is even possible to create a dll from > Powerbuilder 6.5 code for use by other apps? PB DLL's are not usable as DLL's in other applications. You can, however, create COM and OLE objects that can be used in other applications. Why would you want to do this though? regards, Bill Green fdefranco wrote...

Using Verisign to Sign a PowerBuilder App
I've got a code signing need for PowerBuilder 8 application. I sign the application exe according to the directions with signcode.exe and I test the signing with chktrust.exe and it comes back with succeeded. My problem is I cannot run the application anymore by double-clicking the exe. The application immediately exits without any response. Is there some problem or some special way you have to sign a PowerBuilder EXE? ...

Web resources about - incorporating help into a powerbuilder app using RoboHelp - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Category:Wikipedia articles incorporating text from the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica - Wikipedia, the ...

123D Tutorial: Manipulating components and incorporating design intent - YouTube
http://www.123Dapp.com/support - get the steps and model and do this tutorial yourself! Have few extra parts left over after putting your project ...

Six things to consider before incorporating your startup
What should I consider before I incorporate my startup? It's a good question, right? Lots of people of have asked me this and I rarely have to ...

Apple, IBM release 10 new apps, incorporating analytics and iBeacons
The apps use technology like predictive analytics and are for business travelers and mortgage officers, among other professionals

A beginner’s guide to incorporating tech startups in Singapore
If you fancy your chances to be the next Facebook or Google from Singapore, here’s a step by step guide to the processes you need to go through ...

EMC incorporating SaaS into its long-term business strategy
Storage provider EMC is moving into the software-as-a-service market with the …

Volkswagen incorporating gesture control into updated Golf
Filed under: Volkswagen , Infotainment , Technology , Hatchback , Budget VW powertrain chief confirms that the upcoming facelifed Golf will incorporate ...

Incorporating Radiant Orchid into Your Style
Radiant Orchid rocks my world—favorite Pantone color yet! Will I slap it up on an accent wall in my living room? Probably not. This pinkish ...

Do Your Readers a Favor by Incorporating Web Page Screenshots and Thumbnails
... If you’re like most people who go online, you’ll go for the latter. And that is why bloggers and web designers are putting a premium on incorporating ...

Entree with quince and salad incorporating cauliflower are on trend for 2013
Quince and cauliflower are on the radar of Victoria-based Christine Couvelier, whose Culinary Concierge company watches trends. The following ...