Icon editor #2

Hello, older edition of pB ( ex PB5, PB6.5) were delivered with an icon
editor ( wimgedit.exe ). This is no more the case with latests versions of
PB.
I am still using the old wimgedit, but it is limited at least in colors, so
would like to change.

There are a lot of things available on the net, but which one , among the
freeware, is recommended.

Does anyone have suggestions on that ?

regards

Claude

0
Claude
1/9/2011 2:59:24 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.general 62418 articles. 15 followers. Follow

I use IcoFX: http://www.icofx.ro/

Brad Wery

http://www.werysoft.com
http://www.facebook.com/werysoft
http://www.twitter.com/werysoft

On 01/09/2011 8:59 AM, Claude wrote:
> Hello, older edition of pB ( ex PB5, PB6.5) were delivered with an icon
> editor ( wimgedit.exe ). This is no more the case with latests versions
> of PB.
> I am still using the old wimgedit, but it is limited at least in colors,
> so would like to change.
>
> There are a lot of things available on the net, but which one , among
> the freeware, is recommended.
>
> Does anyone have suggestions on that ?
>
> regards
>
> Claude

0
Brad
1/9/2011 3:24:29 PM
How about Sumo Paint: http://www.sumopaint.com/home/

So far, I used it for pictures not for icons, but maybe they can handle it..

Andi

Am 09.01.2011 15:59, schrieb Claude:
> Hello, older edition of pB ( ex PB5, PB6.5) were delivered with an icon
> editor ( wimgedit.exe ). This is no more the case with latests versions
> of PB.
> I am still using the old wimgedit, but it is limited at least in colors,
> so would like to change.
>
> There are a lot of things available on the net, but which one , among
> the freeware, is recommended.
>
> Does anyone have suggestions on that ?
>
> regards
>
> Claude

0
Andi
1/10/2011 12:03:10 PM
http://favicon-generator.org/editor/

HTH

On 09/01/2011 18:59, Claude wrote:
> Hello, older edition of pB ( ex PB5, PB6.5) were delivered with an icon
> editor ( wimgedit.exe ). This is no more the case with latests versions
> of PB.
> I am still using the old wimgedit, but it is limited at least in colors,
> so would like to change.
>
> There are a lot of things available on the net, but which one , among
> the freeware, is recommended.
>
> Does anyone have suggestions on that ?
>
> regards
>
> Claude

0
Daniel
1/12/2011 4:48:12 AM
Hi Brad;

   This is a great tool!

Regards ... Chris
President: OSUG / STD Inc.
Blog: http://chrispollach.blogspot.com
PBDJ: http://chrispollach.sys-con.com

"Brad Wery [TeamSybase]"  wrote in message news:4d29d32d$1@forums-1-dub...

I use IcoFX: http://www.icofx.ro/

Brad Wery

http://www.werysoft.com
http://www.facebook.com/werysoft
http://www.twitter.com/werysoft

On 01/09/2011 8:59 AM, Claude wrote:
> Hello, older edition of pB ( ex PB5, PB6.5) were delivered with an icon
> editor ( wimgedit.exe ). This is no more the case with latests versions
> of PB.
> I am still using the old wimgedit, but it is limited at least in colors,
> so would like to change.
>
> There are a lot of things available on the net, but which one , among
> the freeware, is recommended.
>
> Does anyone have suggestions on that ?
>
> regards
>
> Claude

0
Chris
1/12/2011 3:43:12 PM
I also use this free tool. It's pretty simple, but has all that we need
(incl. multiple-image icons).
My 2-nd vote for this one :)

Regards,
Ivaylo

"Chris Pollach" <cpollach@travel-net.com> wrote in message
> Hi Brad;
>
>   This is a great tool!
>
> Regards ... Chris
> President: OSUG / STD Inc.
> Blog: http://chrispollach.blogspot.com
> PBDJ: http://chrispollach.sys-con.com
> SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/stdfndclass
>
> "Brad Wery [TeamSybase]"  wrote in message news:4d29d32d$1@forums-1-dub...
> I use IcoFX: http://www.icofx.ro/
>
> Brad Wery
>
> http://www.werysoft.com
> http://www.facebook.com/werysoft
> http://www.twitter.com/werysoft
>
> On 01/09/2011 8:59 AM, Claude wrote:
>> Hello, older edition of pB ( ex PB5, PB6.5) were delivered with an icon
>> editor ( wimgedit.exe ). This is no more the case with latests versions
>> of PB.
>> I am still using the old wimgedit, but it is limited at least in colors,
>> so would like to change.
>>
>> There are a lot of things available on the net, but which one , among
>> the freeware, is recommended.
>>
>> Does anyone have suggestions on that ?
>>
>> regards
>>
>> Claude

0
Ivaylo

PowerBuilder icons #2
Dear sirs i would like to ask if is it possible to add my icons in the PowerBuilder dll that handles all the icons of powerbuilder. If yes could you tell me wich dll is that and how can i do it? Thanks is advance Dimitris Karistinos Why do you want to do that ? On 18 Sep 2003 02:33:58 -0700, in sybase.public.powerbuilder.general Dimitris Karistinos <dkaris@relational.gr> wrote: >Dear sirs i would like to ask if is it possible to add my icons in the >PowerBuilder dll that handles all the icons of powerbuilder. >If yes could you tell me wich dll is that and...

Modify Expression Editor
How about improving on the Modify Expression Editor a bit? We have some quite complicated expressions, and the tiny little MLE control that PB uses to allow us to edit expression is very clumsy (and yes, I do realize about the elipse to bring up the modal Modify Expression window - which contains an only slight less tiny MLE for editing the Expression). Not to mention that embedded Returns in the expression can cause the computed field to behave funny. How about a real editor, complete with color markups, support for indentation and carrage returns, AutoScript even! Oooh,...

EA-Server 6.2 to PowerBuilder 11.2 EJB client update #2
I've been working off and on for the last couple of months in the attempt to create a model EA-Server 6.2 application that can return a PowerBuilder NVO and be used from PowerBuilder EA-Server clients, PowerBuilder EJB clients, generic EJB clients, and generic SOAP clients. As documented in previous threds that I started back in April, I was unable to get either of the PowerBuilder client models to successfully work with the returned NVO. My local Sybase branch connected me informally with a couple of folks from Sybase China and long story short, I was told to hang on unt...

Powerbuilder 7.0.2 #2
When will PB 7.0.2 be released? Jan Erik Here's a couple of factoids: - 7.0.1 was released early August - the last official statement from Sybase *I* heard regarding maintenance releases was that the period between maintenance releases was to be six months - while 7.0.1 came in quite early at 3.5 months (the EAStudio version looks like it will be closer to 4.5.- 5 months by the time we get it), other maintenance releases in the past couple of years have tended to be around 8 or 9 months coming - Sybase will never commit to a release date until it is out the door...

Ann: Resource Builder 3.0.2
Hello, SiComponents Team would like to notify you about the Resource Builder 3.0.2 release! Need a simple, powerful and fast resource editor with unique full support of Unicode? Resource Builder - full-featured resource editor for Windows, which will help you: - Visually edit RC and RES resource files with built-in powerful editors with unique full Unicode support - Patch, modify and update resources in executable modules such as EXE, DLL and other files (PE-files) - Import and explore resources in executable files - Create resource-only DLLs (used for software localizat...

Ann: Resource Builder 3.0.2
Hello, SiComponents Team would like to notify you about the Resource Builder 3.0.2 release! Need a simple, powerful and fast resource editor with unique full support of Unicode? Resource Builder - full-featured resource editor for Windows, which will help you: - Visually edit RC and RES resource files with built-in powerful editors with unique full Unicode support - Patch, modify and update resources in executable modules such as EXE, DLL and other files (PE-files) - Import and explore resources in executable files - Create resource-only DLLs (used for software localizat...

RAD Editor and DNN 2.1.2
Has anyone incorporated the RAD editor into DNN 2.1.2 yet? Starting to implement this now. Any tips would be appreciated. Note: I did contact Telerik and pointed them to the DNN page so they could get the heads up on the DNN 2.1.x release before it came out - They haven't posted anything on their site yet - I just pinged them again about any specifics they recommend. Once I get it working I will post how - If anyone else has been through this experience already please let me know. Kurt You can get the provider at my site. check out this thread HERE Thanks ...

How do I use/extract the icon packaged with --icon #2
Hi I am packaging a Win32::GUI app with: pp -i myicon.ico -M Math::Trig -M Win32::GUI -M Win32::GUI::Grid -g -o b.exe guess1.plw in my app Iam using: my $icon = new Win32::GUI::Icon(105); $main->ChangeIcon($icon); to access and set my apps title bar icon. Looking in the packaged app with a resource editor myicon appears as 101. When I use that number in the statement above (currently 105) I get a camel. Changing that number I get a variety of other icons but not the one I want. Could someone please suggest how I might achieve what I want and possibly explain wha...

Powerbuilder Upgrade from 8.2 to 11.2
Hi, We're looking to upgrade our pfc application from 8.2 to 11.2. Are there any documents available to help me with this. Anyting in particular I need to ensure \ avoid? Thank Raj Take a look at Terry Voth's site for upgrade info: http://www.techno-kitten.com/PowerBuilder_Help/PowerBuilder_Migration/powerbuilder_migration.html -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/ http://casexpress.sybase.com product enhancement requests: http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement <raj.khanna@edftrading.com> wrote in message ne...

2.1.2 Multiple Text Editors
Old School There is a bug with 2.1.2 when you have more than one text editor on the same page. I remember seeing a fix for it posted here, but now I cant find it. Anyone help me out? I think you may be looking for this post here....

HTML Editor for 2.1.2 that works in Firefox
Hi Anyone know of a package that can replace the existing HTML editor with one that can work in Firefox? I am looking for one that a novice can install as the site in question is live and I am still learing the DNN ropes. TIA Antony The rad editor is very good and works in DNN and Firefox. Free Textbox version 2 or 3 works, not perfectly though.Chris Paterra Also the one that is default in DNN 3.x works in FireFox as wellJeremy WhiteWebstone, LLCMy DNN Blog Hi Jeremy Can the editor from V3.x be used in v2.1.2? If so how do you set it up in v2? Antony not easily ...

face icon on padlock icon -zonealarm 2.0
I have a small 'face' icon wearing a red hat! superimposed on the taskbar padlock icon is this the result of a successful attack on my system or is it part of the original program. Many thanks DaveB DaveBurt wrote: > I have a small 'face' icon wearing a red hat! superimposed on the taskbar > padlock icon is this the result of a successful attack on my system or is > it part of the original program. > > Many thanks > > DaveB the face (alert) on the lock (internet lock) is a silent alert that something was denied access while the lock ...

PowerBuilder compatibilites with EAServer 4.2.2 Linux
Release Bulletin for EAServer 4.2.2 for Linux in Product Compatibilities i'm read PowerBuilder: This EAServer version does not include a PowerBuilder virtual machine. It's means deployed NVOs and WebDatawindows is not supported? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------040006020003040509090500 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit > It's means deployed NVOs and WebDatawindows is not > supported? That's correct - currently does not support PB NVOs. -- Rahul Jain Cynergy System...

no icons in KDE 4.2.2 system tray
Dears, I installed KDE 4.2.2 recently. I notice that there is no icon in system tray, even when applications (klipper, kopete, ktorrent, amarok) are running. what should i do ? is there any way to downgrade KDE 4.2.2 to 4.2.1? -- anoosh3000 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Hi, Do you have the system tray widget enabled? How did you update to kde 4.2? Ian -- Laptop: Dell Inspiron E1505 | OpenSUSE 11.1/Windows Vista | KDE 4.2.2 "111" | Intel CPU T2050 1.6 GHZ | Intel 945GM | 3.2 GB RAM Box: OpenSUSE 11....

Web resources about - Icon editor #2 - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Text editor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
There are important differences between plain text files created by a text editor, and document files created by word processors such as Microsoft ...

'Stitch up': Tony Abbott writes letter to the editor complaining about new book
The letter to the editor could have easily been overlooked. Except for the recognisable name and location of the author.

China's media values unlike West, says People's Daily editor
The Australian China's media values unlike West, says People's Daily editor The Australian Li Boashan, editor-in-chief of the People's Daily ...

Facebook Tweaks Power Editor for Users With Multiple Ad Accounts
Facebook rolled out a new feature for its Power Editor that should greatly speed up the process for users with multiple advertising accounts. ...

New Ulysses beta brings the text editor to the iPhone
... though, their wishes will come true as Ulysses for iPhone is now entering its beta stage. Ulysses for iPad offers a Markup-based text editor ...

"After the exodus of editors from The New Republic last year, the magazine is printing things like this..." ...
"'Ban guns. All guns. Get rid of guns in homes, and on the streets, and, as much as possible, on police.... Ban guns! Not just gun violence. ...

Marissa Mayer is paying Yahoo's editor-in-chief $5 million a year
Yahoo raised eyebrows in the media world in August when it hired former Time Inc Editor-in-chief Martha Nelson. But news about Nelson's pay ...

The Washington Times Loses Its Editor-in-Chief
The Washington Times Loses Its Editor-in-Chief

Editor Nathan Nugent On ‘Room’: “We Tried Not To Get In The Way Of The Great Performances”
Irish-born editor Nathan Nugent always is up for a challenge. He's collaborated with director Lenny Abrahamson on his last three features, including ...

Slow down time with PlayStation 4's video editor update
Sony has an early gift for you this holiday season: more tools for its PlayStation 4 video editing app, Sharefactory. The electronics giant says ...