how to use the synchronizer

 2- about the powerbuilder synchronizer
     I have read the beginnings of the synchronizer from PB65 and have a

working model... I am wondering if you could shed some light on the 2
runtime
variables  that are available... the scenario is the following ---
        I wish to synchronize all users on the LAN to the official
version
of  the software @ any time.... I would like to define 2 variables
   source_dir = P:\sub_dir\sub_dir2
  destination_dir = c:\prs\
 Right now I have hard-coded the sync file and it seems to be working
fine
 and indicate what 1 line of the sync file would look like?

 signed jim stokes
james.stokes@erols.com

0
Jim
1/25/2000 2:07:36 AM
sybase.powerbuilder.general 62418 articles. 11 followers. Follow

Jim,

You use the variables by wrapping "%" around them. For example, your
Sourc_Dir would be referenced as %source_dir%\filename.ext etc.

Keep in mind that if you nest commands, the variable values are passed on,
but may be overwritten if you specify the same variable in the nested SYC
file.

regards,
Bill

--
Bill Green[TeamSybase]

Good Links to know:
Sybase Developer Network (SDN) - http://www.sybase.com/sdn
PFC Guide - http://www.pfcguide.com
Power3 - Custom Training  - http://www.power3.com

0
Bill

Use PowerBuilder DLL in PowerBuilder

Using PPB's ML Synchronization functionality in PowerBuilder
Hi, I want to start an ASA ML Synchronization in a PowerBuilder 8 application like it is possible in PPB using the wizard to generate some objects. Is there a way to achieve that? TIA Chris Werner In PB-10 we added the MobiLink sync support (but it's not visible because of testing backlog), but it will fer-sure be public in 10.0.1 (or whatever it's called). You can easily get everything (except the status feedback messages) working quite easy. Because the MobiLink sync sends "unusual" messages back to the caller (in this case, your PB program) for...

Synchronous use of a web service is useful?
I was curious if a web service adds any value when its called 'synchronously' from an ASP.Net application. Both the web service and ASP.Net application are within an enterprise's internal network and on separate web servers. I would think the web service would add no value, but  instead lower the performance in above scenario. True or false?sun21170 Yes.I agree with you. It seems that the only time when a 'synchronous' web service would provide value is when one or both of the following features are needed:n-tier architecture needs to implemented. n-tier developm...

Can I use activex in Jaugar using Powerbuilder
Hi, I am writing a component using Powerbuilder and a third party ActiveX control. Can I do this in a Powerbuilder Jaguar component: oleobject o o = create oleobject o.connecttonewobject("aaa.bbb") .... .... Sure -- you'll need to import the ActiveX DLL into Jaguar (you'll need the ..TLB file -- if you don't have it, use Microsoft's OLEViewer utility to generate one) -- <hopethishelps /> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] mySybase -- http://my.sybase.com http://www.exp.com/app/expertProfile?expertID=512231 "Simon..." <simon@...

Creating DLLs using Visual Objects for use in PowerBuilder
Hi All, Has anybody created a DLL with visual objects in Power++ ? < ---- Part of this post contains text (modified) from an earlier post of mine ---- > I have run into the following problem on this. 1. I open a new project 2. I add a new DLL target (and delete the EXE) 3. I add a plain form Form1 (since the default Form1 is deleted by deleting the EXE) 4. I add a new File test.cpp to the target, and in that the only statements I add is #include "form1.hpp" I Run->Build File at this stage and I get the following compile error in Form1....

Best way to use use Crystal Report in Powerbuilder 8
I have been asked to look into viewing reports created in Crystal Reports 9 from within a Powerbuilder 8 application. I'm not sure at all where to start, I think perhaps the Crystal Report Viewer Control may be what I need to use, can anyone tell me if that's what I need to use, or is there a better way to view these reports in PB? Can anyone point me to any documentation describinh how to use the Report Viewer Control? Thanks a lot! Aron Cox Capilano College Vancouver Canada ...

When to use ( and when to use ((?
I'm just not getting it. When do you use ( in a statement, when do you need to use ((, and is the space after either or both mandatory? For example, I coded this statement: if (( $_ eq $bad_guys_ip )) { more_stuff_here }; Why the two (( in an if? And why does it seem to not work when I miss the space after the ((? Thanx! Mark me as... /Corn-fused|Dense/ > I'm just not getting it. >=20 > When do you use ( in a statement, when do you need to use ((, and is > the space after either or both mandatory? >=20 > For example, I coded this sta...

the general use
Name: Pilko Nera Product: Shiretoko Summary: the general use Comments: I thinks IE8 is much better than Firefox 3.1 Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.9.1b3) Gecko/20090305 Firefox/3.1b3 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Use of Categories | General "Real" World Uses
I've been using the Firebird extension of the Mozilla Calendar and I like it better than my use of Outlook 2000 in terms of layout and open standard file format. Much thanks to the people who keep this project moving forward. I read somewhere in bugzilla (on the topic of Categories) that the first priority was to get Category functionality working, and then MAYBE think about implementing the ability to assign multiple categories to a single task/appointment/et cetera (whatever the proper nomenclature is for dated items input by the user and acted upon as an "object&qu...

Use in general
Name: Roques Julien Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Use in general Comments: Sometime, the mozilla bugs and stops or is frozen. This problem appears more frequently when I try to read some PDFs. Another problem is that some videos do not work properly. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; fr; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008051206 Firefox/3.0 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

Using Using
I have just completed reading a chapter in my book on performance. The books says to speed up performance on your web site you should use the using statement when opening connections. My question is how do you catch errors if you are using this as apposed to a try catch block.thanksBryan  Why would you use it as an alternative to a try/catch statement. Couldn't you just do something like  public void UsingSomeMethod() { try { SomeMethod(); } catch(SomeException e) { /// do something useful }}public void SomeMethod() { using (Something) { ...

general use
Name: Taber Email: kwtaberathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: general use Comments: too click happy. too many button operations to use easily. Now I have to ask how to delete it from my machine as there is no uninstall button on the bar Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.2.2) Gecko/20100316 Firefox/3.6.2 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

the general use
Name: Pilko Nera Product: Firefox Summary: the general use Comments: I thinks IE8 is much better than Firefox 3.1 Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.9.1b3) Gecko/20090305 Firefox/3.1b3 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Why I should use PowerBuilder
I have used PB for 3.5 years now - I would not go back to VB (unless required by our client). Which is what may happen... I have a design meeting with an IT group to standardize their software applications. The IT group works for a health authority who has taken the initative to re-write all their current applications in one common programming language. I feel that PB is their best option but I can not find anything around that says... PB is better than <enter other tool> becuase ... Unfortunately, most of the people I will be meeting with have a MS background and use V...

Web resources about - how to use the synchronizer - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Browser synchronizer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A browser synchronizer is a tool or an extension which allows users to keep their web browser configured in the same way on different computers ...

Structural Synchronizer View on the App Store on iTunes
Get Structural Synchronizer View on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Google, Microsoft E-Mail Synchronizer Cemaphore Acquired
Cemaphore Systems, which makes software to help customers migrate their e-mail, calendar and contact data from Microsoft to Google, or vice versa, ...

Preview: 2013 Hyundai Elantra GT and Coupe
Hyundai's Elantra Touring was a pretty good junior interpretation of the Euro-centric sports wagon.

厂商ZARLINK的器件列表
提供国内最全面的电子元器件IC datasheet,集成电路PDF资料的查询和下载服务

Alloys
Call on Accurate Specialtiesexperienced engineering and sales team to help determine which alloy and casttype best suits your application. UNS# ...

Organize, Extract, Shorten And Share Links Using FCorp Link Manager
FCorp Link Manager is a powerful application that allows you to organize URLs in accordance with customized categories, search them instantly, ...

FS Family - AJA Video Systems
Serial Digital Video Interface and Conversion

Google releases Browser Sync
Google has just given the world the best reason to use Firefox yet: a " Browser Sync " extension that synchronises your bookmarks, cookies, passwords, ...