how to run my created powerbuilder application on another machine

Hi, I just created my application, it uses a local obdc
connection, which i can also create the same profile on the
other machine, i just dont know how i can run that same
application on the other machine, since it requires that on
the shortcut to the application it start in
sybase/shared/powerbuilder??

Is there any way i can get around this, just to demonstrate
the application on the other machine.
0
Vasko

Open the help files and search for deployment.  There is an installation
guide in the online books that  goes thru all the things you need to deploy
including the PowerBuilder runtime DLLS and odbc files necessary.

--

Larry Cermak [Team Sybase]
Branick Consulting, Inc.

<Vasko Bozinovski> wrote in message
> Hi, I just created my application, it uses a local obdc
> connection, which i can also create the same profile on the
> other machine, i just dont know how i can run that same
> application on the other machine, since it requires that on
> the shortcut to the application it start in
> sybase/shared/powerbuilder??
>
> Is there any way i can get around this, just to demonstrate
> the application on the other machine.

0
Larry
10/12/2005 2:29:54 AM
Thanks Larry, i found all the answers in the Powerbuilder
Runtime Packager after searching in help for deployment.

> Open the help files and search for deployment.  There is
> an installation  guide in the online books that  goes thru
> all the things you need to deploy  including the
> PowerBuilder runtime DLLS and odbc files necessary.
>
> --
>
> Larry Cermak [Team Sybase]
> Branick Consulting, Inc.
> www.branick-inc.com
> EAServer & PowerBuilder Consulting & Training
> EAServer and PowerBuilder Computer Based Training Courses
>

> <Vasko Bozinovski> wrote in message
> > Hi, I just created my application, it uses a local obdc
> > connection, which i can also create the same profile on
> > the other machine, i just dont know how i can run that
> > same application on the other machine, since it requires
> > that on the shortcut to the application it start in
> > sybase/shared/powerbuilder??
> >
> > Is there any way i can get around this, just to
> > demonstrate the application on the other machine.

0
Vasko

Powerbuilder application "crashing" another powerbuilder application
This is a repost of the above subject since there has been some problem for messages posted on the 19th - 22nd July 2002. *************** Hi All, I have an application (App A)built using PB7.0.3 build 10077 and it seems to work fine. However, recently, another application (App B) built using PB 7.0.3 build 10047 as well was installed and it seems to trigger Dr Watson on App A. There is an embedded OCX on a "main" window on App A, which receives triggers from external applications. The OCX will then call another function sitting on another main window. That function w...

SQLCA works when application runs in PB not when application is run with Powerbuilder WDK.
Hi, My applications with out SQLCA run great through Powerbuilder WDK, my applications that contain SQLCA information doesn't. When I run the application in PB I get a splash screen and then the application starts. When I run it through PB WDK the splash screen starts and the I get a login box. No matter what I do it always show's up and when I hit OK I get the following SQLSTATE = 08001 error. How can I stop this from occurring? The SQLCA code and ini file are below. code: startupfile = "pds.ini" /* Populate sqlca from current PB.INI settings */ sqlca.DBMS...

PowerBuilder application run once
Hi everybody! I need to validate a powerbuilder exe is running once.. Thanks eSistemex Sistemas y Consultores de M=E9xico S.C. www.esistemex.com What�s your environment ? PB and DB version, error message, etc... <Lucio_Sanchez> escreveu na mensagem news:B06B33753CA971DA0058B9BB85256ABC.0058B9CB85256ABC@webforums... Hi everybody! I need to validate a powerbuilder exe is running once.. Thanks eSistemex Sistemas y Consultores de M�xico S.C. www.esistemex.com This shouls help. http://www.rgagnon.com/pbdetails/pb-0064.html /ck <Lucio_Sanchez&...

Running application on powerbuilder start up
Hey people, Just wandering if it was possible to run a powerbuilder application from the dev environment straight on load up, instead of first specifying the workspace and then running the application. You see , what we want is to simulate the running of a compiled application exe, without actually creating one. Would part of the solution be to configure the pb.ini file??... According to the online books, there is no command- line option to run the application. You can specify your workspace and target, but you can't run. http://manuals.sybase.com/onlineb...

Select in Powerbuilder Database painter WORKS but does NOT in Powerbuilder run mode.
I have enclosed the actual information for a debug run. Will apprecaite any hints. Thanks Jim jimo@jdssc.com in ls_mod_string DataWindow.Table.Select="SELECT DISTINCT ~"inv_dtl~".~"inv_id~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"last_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"regular_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_price~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"current_price~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"sugg_price~", ~"inv~".~"vend_id~", ~"inv~".~"style~",...

Select in Powerbuilder Database painter WORKS but does NOT in Powerbuilder run mode.
I have enclosed the actual information from a debug run. Will apprecaite any hints. Thanks Jim jimo@jdssc.com in ls_mod_string DataWindow.Table.Select="SELECT DISTINCT ~"inv_dtl~".~"inv_id~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"last_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"regular_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_price~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"current_price~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"sugg_price~", ~"inv~".~"vend_id~", ~"inv~".~"style~", ~...

Problems running application on another machine
This is probably something very easy to answer. I have been doing a project for a class in PB6.0. We are not supposed to make an executable. The grader opens up the application with PB6.0 and clicks the run icon to test it. Now for the problem. In my application I have connected to a excel sheet using ODBC which I defined for the sheet. It runs fine on my machine. In the script that opens the first screen I have this script: SQLCA.DBMS = PROFILESTRING("O:PB.INI","DATABASE","DBMS"," ") SQLCA.DATABASE = PROFILESTRING("O:PB.INI","D...

Running Another Apllication From Within PowerBuilder
Does anyone knwo the API calls or funtions to run other apllication from within Power Builder? I am trying the RUN() funtion but it doesn't seem to work for all .exe's. Any Suggestions welcomed.Thnaks! Carlos. ...

Running DB Remote from PowerBuilder application
Hi , Is there a way to check the success of the Dbremote, when i rum it from powerbuilder. Thanks in advance. Kumar Answered already. See your previous post in sybase.public.sqlanywhere.general. PS : Please don't cross post. -- Reg Domaratzki iAnywhere Solutions Please reply only to the newsgroup TechWave 2000 July 30 - August 3 /2000 http://www.sybase.com/techwave2000 "Kumar" <Spamoff_malyala_a@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Z#UH2G$w$GA.202@forums.sybase.com... > Hi , > Is there a way to check the success of the Db...

How to run internert explorer from a powerbuilder application
I want to run internet explorer from a powerbuilder application without writing the path of the internet explorer, and turn a one web page that I want. Would you please tell me how to reach it? Sincerely, Fang Jing fangjing@telekbird.com.cn Hi, if you want to open HTML page, this could be helpful. (But sometimes it may open Netscape instead of MSIE :-)) **** declaration**** Function ulong ShellExecuteA (ulong handle, string verb, string file, string param, string dir, integer show) library "SHELL32.DLL" **** end_of_declaration**** ***usage_in_m...

How to run a Powerbuilder Application as a sevice in XP
Hi how can i run a powerbuilder applications as a service in a XP. Thank you bhu Rather than reinvent a rather complex wheel, consider using http://www.ecrane.com/pbservice1.htm. /ck <bhu> wrote in message news:410ab85b.5d85.1681692777@sybase.com... > Hi > how can i run a powerbuilder applications as a service in a > XP. > Thank you > bhu ...

Running application from Powerbuilder locks up all PBLs
Hi, Here's a strange problem. When I run the PB application by clicking the Run icon and choose to run some reports that take a long time to run, it locks up all PBL's of the application. Meaning if I have any object open, it won't let me save, but give an error saying that unable to open the particular PBL. Any ideas?? Pls. Help. Thanks, Srimathi Srinivasan In article <36680563.465CCF14@covantage.com>, srimathi.srinivasan@covantage.com says... > Hi, > Here's a strange problem. When I run the PB application by clicking > the Run icon and c...

Problem registering dll created in Powerbuilder 8 and migrated to Powerbuilder 11
Hi, We have created a dll in Powerbuilder 8 as a com/mts application. This dll was then migrated to powerbuilder 11.1 build 8204. I am able to build the dll on my development machine and properly register the dll on my development machine on windows 7. When i deploy my dll and test application to a clean windows xp box, i am unable to register my dll using regsvr32. No error is displayed and the message box identifing that the registration was successful is never displayed. I have deployed all Powerbuilder 11 runtime using the powerbuilder runtime packager. I also deployed...

Web resources about - how to run my created powerbuilder application on another machine - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles