how to print a PDF file in PowerBuilder ?

hello:

how to print a PDF file in PowerBuilder ?
I read online help but I don't get useful messages

thanks

Gino Lin

0
Gino

If you are using powerbuilder 9, you will need to download and install
ghostscript.

Once you get that install, you should be able to print pdf files.

But if you already have Adobe Distiller, you might be able to just print to
distiller.
try PrintSetup() to setup the distiller printer, then print the datawindow.

HTH

James

"Gino Lin" <jh_802@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> hello:
>
> how to print a PDF file in PowerBuilder ?
> I read online help but I don't get useful messages
>
> thanks
>

> Gino Lin

0
James
11/3/2003 5:25:23 AM
I am using PB8.0.

Will be able to print pdf files by the same way ?

thank you

gino lin

James Liew �g�D�G

> If you are using powerbuilder 9, you will need to download and install
> ghostscript.
>
> Once you get that install, you should be able to print pdf files.
>
> But if you already have Adobe Distiller, you might be able to just print to
> distiller.
> try PrintSetup() to setup the distiller printer, then print the datawindow.
>
> HTH
>
> James
>
> "Gino Lin" <jh_802@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > hello:
> >
> > how to print a PDF file in PowerBuilder ?
> > I read online help but I don't get useful messages
> >
> > thanks
> >

> > Gino Lin

0
Gino
11/4/2003 5:41:17 AM
You can't use the same methods as are available in PB9. Before PB9,
there's nothing built into the tool that would help you. You'll have
to find a third party tool that sets up a printer driver, and have
your app print to that driver. This has been discussed quite often, so
if you search the old messages in the newsgroup, you'll come up with
lots of suggestions.

Good luck,

On 3 Nov 2003 21:41:17 -0800, Gino Lin <jh_802@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I am using PB8.0.
>
>Will be able to print pdf files by the same way ?
>
>thank you
>
>gino lin
>

>James Liew �g�D�G
>
>> If you are using powerbuilder 9, you will need to download and install
>> ghostscript.
>>
>> Once you get that install, you should be able to print pdf files.
>>
>> But if you already have Adobe Distiller, you might be able to just print to
>> distiller.
>> try PrintSetup() to setup the distiller printer, then print the datawindow.
>>
>> HTH
>>
>> James
>>
>> "Gino Lin" <jh_802@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> > hello:
>> >
>> > how to print a PDF file in PowerBuilder ?
>> > I read online help but I don't get useful messages

See the PB Troubleshooting Guide at the Sandbox
^ ^
o o
=*=
0
Terry
11/4/2003 6:14:01 AM
thanks you very much!

gino lin

Terry Voth �g�D�G

> You can't use the same methods as are available in PB9. Before PB9,
> there's nothing built into the tool that would help you. You'll have
> to find a third party tool that sets up a printer driver, and have
> your app print to that driver. This has been discussed quite often, so
> if you search the old messages in the newsgroup, you'll come up with
> lots of suggestions.
>
> Good luck,
>
> Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techno-kitten
>
> On 3 Nov 2003 21:41:17 -0800, Gino Lin <jh_802@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >I am using PB8.0.
> >
> >Will be able to print pdf files by the same way ?
> >
> >thank you
> >
> >gino lin
> >

> >James Liew �g�D�G
> >
> >> If you are using powerbuilder 9, you will need to download and install
> >> ghostscript.
> >>
> >> Once you get that install, you should be able to print pdf files.
> >>
> >> But if you already have Adobe Distiller, you might be able to just print to
> >> distiller.
> >> try PrintSetup() to setup the distiller printer, then print the datawindow.
> >>
> >> HTH
> >>
> >> James
> >>
> >> "Gino Lin" <jh_802@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Sequel's Sandbox: http://www.techno-kitten.com
> Home of PBL Peeper, a free PowerBuilder Developer's Toolkit.
> Version 2.2.06 now available at the Sandbox
> See the PB Troubleshooting Guide at the Sandbox
> ^ ^
> o o
> =*=

0
Gino

how to print a PDF file in PowerBuilder
hello: how to print a PDF file in PowerBuilder ? I read online help but I don't get useful messages thanks Gino Lin Hello, This newsgroup is for Open Client, Open Server and SDK. You might want to post your question to one of the PowerBuilder newsgroups: http://www.sybase.com/detail_list_multi/1,6902,11507,00.html?dynamic_query_yn=N&dropdown_product=1248 Maybe this one would be best: news://forums.sybase.com/sybase.public.powerbuilder.general Gino Lin wrote: > hello: > > how to print a PDF file in PowerBuilder ? > I read online help but ...

Print a pdf file in powerbuilder
Hello How to print a pdf filein powerbuilder? I mean if i have a file call XXX.pdf, how can i coding in the button cb_button, so that the document will print automatically when i click the button cb_button. Thank You Very Much!!! ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp To be able to print to PDF you need to have Adobe Acrobat PDFWriter installed on your machine. To make it easier to implement printing to PDF you can get the printer utility for PB apps from www.powerwhizz.com. They provide you with the source-code that...

Batch printing PDF files from powerbuilder...
Has anyone implemented batch printing of pdf files from powerbuilder. I tried RUN ( acrobat32.exe + /p /o /h + fileargs ) I would like to have adobe open before i issue the shell command as there is some performance improvement, but the problem is after the batch printing process is completed i want to kill adobe. Is there any win32 functions available to kill an application or something. Which is the best way to implement this. Thanks in advance, -Ram Steve, You can use FindWindowA to get a handle to any window that you can specify the title text for. Then use SendMessag...

Printing to pdf file from the powerbuilder 11
Hi All, I'm new to powerbuilder. I need to print my data window or report window to pdf files. I didn't know how to do. please help me. Printing to pdf file from the powerbuilder 11 application. please advice. Rgds & Thks, Chidambaram ...

Printing to pdf file from the powerbuilder 11
Hi All, I'm new to powerbuilder. I need to print my data window or report window to pdf files. I didn't know how to do. please help me. Printing to pdf file from the powerbuilder 11 application. please advice. Rgds & Thks, Chidambaram Please don't crosspost. I've answered your question in the .datawindow forum. Paul Horan[Sybase] <chithu.palaniappan@gmail.com> wrote in message news:69bfb3e6-69eb-4e76-a6a8-3048db57b6a1@q26g2000prq.googlegroups.com... > Hi All, > > I'm new to powerbuilder. > > I need to print my data...

Print a PDF file in Powerbuilder 5
I need a way to print a pdf file using powerscript in Powerbuilder 5. I tried creating a datastore and doing and insertdocument function call but keep getting a -1 error code. I need help.... Thanks, Tom you would need a PDF print driver (e.g. Acrobat PDFWriter) installed and then print on that to generate PDF. u can also look at printer utility from www.powerwhizz.com that helps u with swicthing printers etc. On 16 Jun 2004 09:54:00 -0700, in sybase.public.powerbuilder.general <Thomas Rundo> wrote: >I need a way to print a pdf file using powerscript ...

AMYUNI: directly print a pdf-file in powerbuilder
Hello anybody! I have problems defining and printing with the amyuni print driver (with CDIntf.DLL) directly to a pdf-file in powerbuilder 7.0.3 Has anyone tried this? Is it possible to get an example code with the defining of the external functions, generate a new amyuni-printerdriver, print an PB-datastore, close the printdriver? It seems that the definition of the external functions is a little bit difficult. Running my code results in: Error: Specified argument type differs from required argument type at runtime in DLL function getlasterrormsg. (invalid stack pointer on ret...

Printing to pdf file from the powerbuilder 11 #2
Hi All, I'm new to powerbuilder. I need to print my data window data directly to pdf files. I didn't know how to do. please help me. Printing to pdf file from the powerbuilder 11 application. please advice. Rgds & Thks, Chidambaram You posted this same request yesterday - and have responses. See 'objects' Newsgroup post 'Saveas PDF on Client Machine' on 10/16/08 HTH KL > Hi All, > > I'm new to powerbuilder. > > > I need to print my data window data directly to pdf files. > > > I didn'...

Printing to PDF from Powerbuilder
Does anyone know how I would go about printing a file from Powerbuilder to PDF? Are there plugins required, does Powerbuilder allow something like this? Thanks. >>Does anyone know how I would go about printing a file from Powerbuilder to PDF? Are there plugins required, does Powerbuilder allow something like this? << You can load either Amyuni's PDFConverter printer driver or Adobe's PDFWriter printer driver and just use the usual print mechanisms (e.g. dw.Print()). If you don't want to be prompted to specify the .pdf filename, then you can set th...

Powerbuilder,Printing a file
Is there any way I can print a file from within Powerbuilder. I see lots of Print functions in the online help, but nothing that will let me point to a file. I'm running Powerbuilder 7.0 Win98 Thanks Hi, If it is a local printer use the port as the file name, if on the network use the full path. i_file = FileOpen('\\server\printer', LineMode!, Write!) Works with text mode. If you wish to print graphics requires other tech. (Technique provided by Jerry Siegel) S. Bokhari =============================================== "Mary Dupelle" <m.dup...

Printing to file from PowerBuilder
Hello, Can anybody please tell me how can I print to file using Power Builder? I have Power Builder 7. I am trying to print the content of a data window. I can use: dw_list.Print() to print to the default printer, but how can I print it to file? Thank you and have a nice day. Joan Set the DataWindow.Print.FileName property for the datawindow object. On Thu, 1 Nov 2001 15:07:51 +0200, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.datawindow Ghost <joanna.elkhoury@amyuni.com> wrote: >Hello, > >Can anybody please tell me how can I print to file using Power Build...

powerbuilder and pdf files
I would like to know the process, steps and objects I would need to display "Adobe Acrobat's pdf files" with a powerbuilder application. You will need to embed the MS Web Browser control in your window and view the PDF via the browser control. Also, take a look at the following: http://groups.google.com/groups?q=powerbuilder+pdf+file+display&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&selm=9pQWJp%23P9GA.449%40forums.powersoft.com&rnum=1 -- Andy Turiansky [TeamSybase] <espears@abssinc.com> wrote in message news:1BA11116505381030058B6D585256CD...

Print PDF in powerbuilder
Hello, Can anyone tell me how to print a pdf file in powerbuilder? I mean if i have a file call XXX.pdf, how can i coding in the button cb_button, so that the pdf file will print automatically when i click the button cb_button. Thank You ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp Get the printer utility from www.powerwhizz.com to print to PDF from PB "Sunny" <stupidlai@hongkong.com> wrote in message news:0#lVYT41AHA.302@forums.sybase.com... > Hello, > Can anyone tell me how to print a pdf file i...

printing to pdf from powerbuilder 11
Hi All, I'm new to powerbuilder. I need to print my data window or report window to pdf files. I didn't know how to do. please help me. Printing to pdf file from the powerbuilder 11 application. please advice. Rgds & Thks, Chidambaram It's in the Help File. Search for the phrase "GhostScript". Paul Horan[Sybase] <chithu.palaniappan@gmail.com> wrote in message news:552eca65-5d9c-4807-9b72-0d3ad19bf88d@b2g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > Hi All, > > I'm new to powerbuilder. > > I need to print my data window or repo...

Web resources about - how to print a PDF file in PowerBuilder ? - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles