How to include the pfc in a non pfc application

Still I am with the problem of  powerbuilder pfc implimentation in my
powerbuilder projects. Please anybody can advice me it would be very helpful to
a beginner like me  how I can impliment pfc in my non pfc project . I am
expecting a help like  to a beginner . I donot  think any help is available in
any other forum for powerbuilder other than this. So please kindly consider my
request.

With thanks
Pol
polachan

On Sep 25, 1:02=A0am, "polachan" <polachan> wrote:
> Still I am with the problem of =A0powerbuilder pfc implimentation in my
> powerbuilder projects. Please anybody can advice me it would be very help=
ful to
> a beginner like me =A0how I can impliment pfc in my non pfc project . I a=
> expecting a help like =A0to a beginner . I donot =A0think any help is ava=
ilable in
> any other forum for powerbuilder other than this. So please kindly consid=
er my
> request.
>
> With thanks
> Pol
> ---=3D=3D Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader =3D=3D---http://www.pfcg=
uide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp

So you have an existing application and you want to retrofit the pfc
layer into it?
Or you want to start a new application using the pfc framework?

I'd really lean towards the second option even if you have an existing
application as some of the pfc ways of doing things are quite
different to what you may already have.

A quick google search identified this start page you should probably
read first;
http://www.pfccheatsheet.com/start.htm
0
Jeremy
9/25/2009 1:04:25 AM
Jeremy's suggestion to start fresh with a new application
is the best.

Retrofitting an existing application is also a sound approach
if your application is small and/or you have
the resources to perform this task.

If starting from scratch or a retrofit is not feasible, some
folks have excised PFC services from the framework
to function without the full PFC.

The first entry at...

http://pfcguide.com/downloads.asp

....has some good examples that you can use immediately
and provide examples of how to do this yourself
if the services for that download don't include
the service(s) you want.

--
John Strano - Sybase Technology Evangelist

blog: http://powerbuilder.johnstrano.com/

<polachan> wrote in message news:4abb980c$1@forums-1-dub...
> Still I am with the problem of  powerbuilder pfc implimentation in my
> powerbuilder projects. Please anybody can advice me it would be very
> helpful to
> a beginner like me  how I can impliment pfc in my non pfc project . I am
> expecting a help like  to a beginner . I donot  think any help is
> available in
> any other forum for powerbuilder other than this. So please kindly
> consider my
> request.
>
> With thanks
> Pol

John
9/25/2009 12:24:52 PM
Thanks for the reply. Please can you advice me  is this can be used with
powebuilder 11.2 version . I  hope that pfc version is 6.00 .

Expecting ur openion.

On 25 Sep 2009 05:24:52 -0700,
 in sybase.public.powerbuilder.general
John Strano[Sybase] <nichtspamnonejohn@johnstrano.com> wrote:
>Jeremy's suggestion to start fresh with a new application
>is the best.
>
>Retrofitting an existing application is also a sound approach
>if your application is small and/or you have
>the resources to perform this task.
>
>If starting from scratch or a retrofit is not feasible, some
>folks have excised PFC services from the framework
>to function without the full PFC.
>
>The first entry at...
>
>http://pfcguide.com/downloads.asp
>
>....has some good examples that you can use immediately
>and provide examples of how to do this yourself
>if the services for that download don't include
>the service(s) you want.
>
>--
>John Strano - Sybase Technology Evangelist
>
>blog: http://powerbuilder.johnstrano.com/
>

><polachan> wrote in message news:4abb980c$1@forums-1-dub...
>> Still I am with the problem of  powerbuilder pfc implimentation in my
>> powerbuilder projects. Please anybody can advice me it would be very
>> helpful to
>> a beginner like me  how I can impliment pfc in my non pfc project . I am
>> expecting a help like  to a beginner . I donot  think any help is
>> available in
>> any other forum for powerbuilder other than this. So please kindly
>> consider my
>> request.
>>
>> With thanks
>> Pol
>> ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==---
>> http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp

0
polachan
9/28/2009 3:19:30 PM
PFC versions for PowerBuilder 11 may be found at...

http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=1059036&id=1059036

--

<polachan> wrote in message news:4ac0d402@forums-1-dub...
> Thanks for the reply. Please can you advice me  is this can be used with
> powebuilder 11.2 version . I  hope that pfc version is 6.00 .
>
> Expecting ur openion.
>

> On 25 Sep 2009 05:24:52 -0700,
> in sybase.public.powerbuilder.general
> John Strano[Sybase] <nichtspamnonejohn@johnstrano.com> wrote:
>>Jeremy's suggestion to start fresh with a new application
>>is the best.
>>
>>Retrofitting an existing application is also a sound approach
>>if your application is small and/or you have
>>the resources to perform this task.
>>
>>If starting from scratch or a retrofit is not feasible, some
>>folks have excised PFC services from the framework
>>to function without the full PFC.
>>
>>The first entry at...
>>
>>http://pfcguide.com/downloads.asp
>>
>>....has some good examples that you can use immediately
>>and provide examples of how to do this yourself
>>if the services for that download don't include
>>the service(s) you want.
>>
>>--
>>John Strano - Sybase Technology Evangelist
>>
>>blog: http://powerbuilder.johnstrano.com/
>>

>><polachan> wrote in message news:4abb980c$1@forums-1-dub...
>>> Still I am with the problem of  powerbuilder pfc implimentation in my
>>> powerbuilder projects. Please anybody can advice me it would be very
>>> helpful to
>>> a beginner like me  how I can impliment pfc in my non pfc project . I am
>>> expecting a help like  to a beginner . I donot  think any help is
>>> available in
>>> any other forum for powerbuilder other than this. So please kindly
>>> consider my
>>> request.
>>>
>>> With thanks
>>> Pol
>>> ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==---
>>> http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp

0
John
9/29/2009 3:49:51 PM
Hi John;

    FYI .. that would only be up to PB 11.0.
For PB 11.1, 11.2 and 11.5 - the PFC project was moved and is now housed on
the CodePlex site ...

http://pfc.codeplex.com/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=20437

--
Regards ... Chris
ISUG - NA RUG Director

"John Strano[Sybase]" <nichtspamnonejohn@johnstrano.com> wrote in message
> PFC versions for PowerBuilder 11 may be found at...
>
> http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=1059036&id=1059036
>
> --
> John Strano - Sybase Technology Evangelist
>
> blog: http://powerbuilder.johnstrano.com/
>

> <polachan> wrote in message news:4ac0d402@forums-1-dub...
>> Thanks for the reply. Please can you advice me  is this can be used with
>> powebuilder 11.2 version . I  hope that pfc version is 6.00 .
>>
>> Expecting ur openion.
>>

>> On 25 Sep 2009 05:24:52 -0700,
>> in sybase.public.powerbuilder.general
>> John Strano[Sybase] <nichtspamnonejohn@johnstrano.com> wrote:
>>>Jeremy's suggestion to start fresh with a new application
>>>is the best.
>>>
>>>Retrofitting an existing application is also a sound approach
>>>if your application is small and/or you have
>>>the resources to perform this task.
>>>
>>>If starting from scratch or a retrofit is not feasible, some
>>>folks have excised PFC services from the framework
>>>to function without the full PFC.
>>>
>>>The first entry at...
>>>
>>>http://pfcguide.com/downloads.asp
>>>
>>>....has some good examples that you can use immediately
>>>and provide examples of how to do this yourself
>>>if the services for that download don't include
>>>the service(s) you want.
>>>
>>>--
>>>John Strano - Sybase Technology Evangelist
>>>
>>>blog: http://powerbuilder.johnstrano.com/

0
Chris
9/29/2009 4:10:23 PM
Sir,

That PFC download only for 11.50 version  and it is migrated for 11.5. Is it
possible to give the link for 11.2 pfc

On 29 Sep 2009 09:10:23 -0700,
Chris Pollach <cpollach@travel-net.com> wrote:
>Hi John;
>
>    FYI .. that would only be up to PB 11.0.
>For PB 11.1, 11.2 and 11.5 - the PFC project was moved and is now housed on
>the CodePlex site ...
>
>http://pfc.codeplex.com/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=20437
>
>--
>Regards ... Chris
>ISUG - NA RUG Director
>http://chrispollach.pbdjmagazine.com
>

>"John Strano[Sybase]" <nichtspamnonejohn@johnstrano.com> wrote in message
>> PFC versions for PowerBuilder 11 may be found at...
>>
>> http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=1059036&id=1059036
>>
>> --
>> John Strano - Sybase Technology Evangelist
>>
>> blog: http://powerbuilder.johnstrano.com/
>>

>> <polachan> wrote in message news:4ac0d402@forums-1-dub...
>>> Thanks for the reply. Please can you advice me  is this can be used with
>>> powebuilder 11.2 version . I  hope that pfc version is 6.00 .
>>>
>>> Expecting ur openion.
>>>

>>> On 25 Sep 2009 05:24:52 -0700,
>>> in sybase.public.powerbuilder.general

0
polachan
9/30/2009 1:02:57 PM
The v11.5 PFC is simply the v11.0 PFC, but migrated.

Using the v11.0 PFC you may migrate it to v11.2.

Check out...

http://www.sybase.com/PBmigration

....and the bottom of the "Technical Resources" tab at...

http://www.sybase.com/products/modelingdevelopment/powerbuilder

....and...

http://techno-kitten.com/PowerBuilder_Help/PowerBuilder_Migration/powerbuilder_migration.html

--

<polachan> wrote in message news:4ac35701@forums-1-dub...
> Sir,
>
> That PFC download only for 11.50 version  and it is migrated for 11.5. Is
> it
> possible to give the link for 11.2 pfc
>

> On 29 Sep 2009 09:10:23 -0700,
> in sybase.public.powerbuilder.general
> Chris Pollach <cpollach@travel-net.com> wrote:
>>Hi John;
>>
>>    FYI .. that would only be up to PB 11.0.
>>For PB 11.1, 11.2 and 11.5 - the PFC project was moved and is now housed
>>on
>>the CodePlex site ...
>>
>>http://pfc.codeplex.com/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=20437
>>
>>--
>>Regards ... Chris
>>ISUG - NA RUG Director
>>http://chrispollach.pbdjmagazine.com
>>

>>"John Strano[Sybase]" <nichtspamnonejohn@johnstrano.com> wrote in message
>>> PFC versions for PowerBuilder 11 may be found at...
>>>
>>> http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=1059036&id=1059036
>>>
>>> --
>>> John Strano - Sybase Technology Evangelist
>>>
>>> blog: http://powerbuilder.johnstrano.com/

0
John
9/30/2009 7:27:28 PM
On Sep 30, 3:27=A0pm, "John Strano[Sybase]"
<nichtspamnonej...@johnstrano.com> wrote:
> The v11.5 PFC is simply the v11.0 PFC, but migrated.
>
> Using the v11.0 PFC you may migrate it to v11.2.
>
> Check out...
>
> http://www.sybase.com/PBmigration
>
> ...and the bottom of the "Technical Resources" tab at...
>
> http://www.sybase.com/products/modelingdevelopment/powerbuilder
>
> ...and...
>
> http://techno-kitten.com/PowerBuilder_Help/PowerBuilder_Migration/pow...
>
> --
> John Strano - Sybase Technology Evangelist
>
> blog:http://powerbuilder.johnstrano.com/
>

> <polachan> wrote in messagenews:4ac35701@forums-1-dub...
> > Sir,
>
> > That PFC download only for 11.50 version =A0and it is migrated for 11.5=
.. Is
> > it
> > possible to give the link for 11.2 pfc
>
> > On 29 Sep 2009 09:10:23 -0700,
> > in sybase.public.powerbuilder.general
> > Chris Pollach <cpoll...@travel-net.com> wrote:
> >>Hi John;
>
> >> =A0 =A0FYI .. that would only be up to PB 11.0.
> >>For PB 11.1, 11.2 and 11.5 - the PFC project was moved and is now house=
> >>on
> >>the CodePlex site ...
>
> >>http://pfc.codeplex.com/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=3D20437
>
> >>--
> >>Regards ... Chris
> >>ISUG - NA RUG Director
> >>http://chrispollach.pbdjmagazine.com
>
> >>"John Strano[Sybase]" <nichtspamnonej...@johnstrano.com> wrote in messa=
ge

I'm interesting in buying PFC Books, but those books are based
on PFC 6.0. How different are the PFC 6.0 from the current PFC 11.0?
Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance...

--
David Soles P.
Software Developer

In that there are version-specific references
in each release of PFC you may want to consider
using PBDelta to examine what those differences
are between v6.0 and v11.0.

http://www.pbdr.com/software/pbdelta.htm

--
John Strano - Sybase Technology Evangelist

blog: http://powerbuilder.johnstrano.com/

"David Soles" <dsolesp@gmail.com> wrote in message
On Sep 30, 3:27 pm, "John Strano[Sybase]"
<nichtspamnonej...@johnstrano.com> wrote:
> The v11.5 PFC is simply the v11.0 PFC, but migrated.
>
> Using the v11.0 PFC you may migrate it to v11.2.
>
> Check out...
>
> http://www.sybase.com/PBmigration
>
> ...and the bottom of the "Technical Resources" tab at...
>
> http://www.sybase.com/products/modelingdevelopment/powerbuilder
>
> ...and...
>
> http://techno-kitten.com/PowerBuilder_Help/PowerBuilder_Migration/pow...
>
> --
> John Strano - Sybase Technology Evangelist
>
> blog:http://powerbuilder.johnstrano.com/
>

> <polachan> wrote in messagenews:4ac35701@forums-1-dub...
> > Sir,
>
> > That PFC download only for 11.50 version and it is migrated for 11.5. Is
> > it
> > possible to give the link for 11.2 pfc
>
> > On 29 Sep 2009 09:10:23 -0700,
> > in sybase.public.powerbuilder.general
> > Chris Pollach <cpoll...@travel-net.com> wrote:
> >>Hi John;
>
> >> FYI .. that would only be up to PB 11.0.
> >>For PB 11.1, 11.2 and 11.5 - the PFC project was moved and is now housed
> >>on
> >>the CodePlex site ...
>
> >>http://pfc.codeplex.com/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=20437
>
> >>--
> >>Regards ... Chris
> >>ISUG - NA RUG Director
> >>http://chrispollach.pbdjmagazine.com
>
> >>"John Strano[Sybase]" <nichtspamnonej...@johnstrano.com> wrote in
> >>message

I'm interesting in buying PFC Books, but those books are based
on PFC 6.0. How different are the PFC 6.0 from the current PFC 11.0?
Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance...

--
David Soles P.
Software Developer
Mobile: +58 424-620-4895
Email: dsolesp@gmail.com
Maracaibo-Venezuela

0
John
10/2/2009 1:17:04 PM
    Just navigate back to the home page for the PFC on CodePlex and select
version 11.0.

<polachan> wrote in message news:4ac35701@forums-1-dub...
> Sir,
>
> That PFC download only for 11.50 version  and it is migrated for 11.5. Is
> it
> possible to give the link for 11.2 pfc
>

> On 29 Sep 2009 09:10:23 -0700,
> in sybase.public.powerbuilder.general
> Chris Pollach <cpollach@travel-net.com> wrote:
>>Hi John;
>>
>>    FYI .. that would only be up to PB 11.0.
>>For PB 11.1, 11.2 and 11.5 - the PFC project was moved and is now housed
>>on
>>the CodePlex site ...
>>
>>http://pfc.codeplex.com/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=20437
>>
>>--
>>Regards ... Chris
>>ISUG - NA RUG Director
>>http://chrispollach.pbdjmagazine.com
>>

>>"John Strano[Sybase]" <nichtspamnonejohn@johnstrano.com> wrote in message
>>> PFC versions for PowerBuilder 11 may be found at...
>>>
>>> http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=1059036&id=1059036
>>>
>>> --
>>> John Strano - Sybase Technology Evangelist
>>>
>>> blog: http://powerbuilder.johnstrano.com/

0
Chris
10/2/2009 3:17:47 PM
 I think I saw something on the PFC about the PB 8/9 days - but. nothing
after that AFAIK.

>I hope others jump in here, but it's difficult to find
> any documentation on the OS project or on other
> prominent users' Websites that lists the features
> that were new in each release of PFC.
>
> In that there are version-specific references
> in each release of PFC you may want to consider
> using PBDelta to examine what those differences
> are between v6.0 and v11.0.
>
> http://www.pbdr.com/software/pbdelta.htm
>
> --
> John Strano - Sybase Technology Evangelist
>
> blog: http://powerbuilder.johnstrano.com/
>

> "David Soles" <dsolesp@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On Sep 30, 3:27 pm, "John Strano[Sybase]"
> <nichtspamnonej...@johnstrano.com> wrote:
>> The v11.5 PFC is simply the v11.0 PFC, but migrated.
>>
>> Using the v11.0 PFC you may migrate it to v11.2.
>>
>> Check out...
>>
>> http://www.sybase.com/PBmigration
>>
>> ...and the bottom of the "Technical Resources" tab at...
>>
>> http://www.sybase.com/products/modelingdevelopment/powerbuilder
>>
>> ...and...
>>
>> http://techno-kitten.com/PowerBuilder_Help/PowerBuilder_Migration/pow...
>>
>> --
>> John Strano - Sybase Technology Evangelist
>>
>> blog:http://powerbuilder.johnstrano.com/
>>

>> <polachan> wrote in messagenews:4ac35701@forums-1-dub...
>> > Sir,
>>
>> > That PFC download only for 11.50 version and it is migrated for 11.5.
>> > Is
>> > it
>> > possible to give the link for 11.2 pfc
>>
>> > On 29 Sep 2009 09:10:23 -0700,
>> > in sybase.public.powerbuilder.general

> I'm interesting in buying PFC Books, but those books are based
> on PFC 6.0. How different are the PFC 6.0 from the current PFC 11.0?
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks in advance...
>
> --
> David Soles P.
> Software Developer
> Mobile: +58 424-620-4895
> Email: dsolesp@gmail.com
> Maracaibo-Venezuela

0
Chris

HELP PLEASE!, how to convert non PFC application to PFC application?
Your help is much needed. I have developed many windows and datawindows without using PFC, how do i make the pfc to be the ancestor of all my windows and datawindows? Syed. -- Syed Ibrahim Sapura Advanced Systems Sdn. Bhd, 18th Floor, Menara Tun Razak, Jalan Raja Laut, 50350 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Tel: (03) 295-3472, (03) 294-3000 Fax: (03) 294-6587, (03) 293-3154 You will have to export each object to a file. Then you can edit the file to change to ancestor and import it again. I suggest you create separate PBL's before you import because you don't want to overwri...

Hybrid PFC/non-PFC Applications
We have a large application that we would like to migrate to the PFC. The application is constantly being customized to meet the needs of different customers so we cannot freeze the application while the conversion takes place. Our plan is to build all new portions of the application using the PFC and convert the existing parts of the application over time as resources allow us to do so. Does anyone have experience with hybrid applications? We know we will need two different transaction objects, are there any other issues we will need to deal with? TIA Mark Graham mgraham@justi...

Migrating non-PFC applications to PFC.
Hi, I'm going to be involved in migrating a non-PFC application to PFC based application. I've been working with PFC since it came out, but I've not been involved with conversion of a non-PFC application. Would anybody share his/her thoughts about the process involved in doing that and the pitfalls to watch for. I would appreciate any input. Thanks. JD I've only done it on small apps and it was a real headache. For starters you must throw away your existing mdi frame, login window, etc, and use the ones in PFC. All your frame logic, which isn't already...

Hybrid PFC non-PFC Application
We have a very large application we would like to migrate to the PFC over time. Unfortunately we will be required to keep a hybrid application in production during the conversion process because we are constantly adding new functionality. Does anyone have any experiences they can share? TIA Mark Graham mgraham@justicesystems.com I would *not* suggest attempting this. Instead, keep maintaining the old version (turing out point releases) while you develop a new major version (based on PFC). I don't think that a hybrid PFC application would work well. (I wouldn't expe...

Converting existing non-PFC applications to PFC.
We have some applications which were developed in PB 4 and has been upgraded to PB5 and migrated to PB6. We have custom made ancestor objects for windows as well as user objects for dws. we have upto 4 layers of objects. We wish to convert our application to take advantage of PFC. Can any one out there guide whether this would reuqire re-writting the entire system ? We have lot of NVUOs which work as PFC services but with having different purpose. Our applications are very large and rewritting would amount to atleast 35 man months of work. One approach (and the only possi...

PFC services in non pfc-template application
Hi, Can I use the PFC resize service in my old MDI applications without PFC template. How can I do it. I've imported this nvo objects in my applications but i don�t know how can i use it with my windows. Thanks There is no blanket answer for that. You (or someone) would have to look at each individual service in question and determine how it's linked into other objects. For example, I'd expect very little cross-dependencies for the String service, but I'd expect a lot of issues with the Logical Unit of Work service. Also, if you've implemented an anc...

PFC ? Not PFC ?
I am about to start a very big application and would like to know whether to use PFC or not. Is it not a good idea if we are only using a very small portion of the PFC functionalities? What are the benefits of using PFC? What are the disadvantage of using it? We already have development problem because it is too slow to bring up the object and window list in the dubugger. Please advise. loser , To Use or Not to Use? I dont have an answer for you there but, a solution to your speed of the debug issue is the following. We have found that keeping copies of the PFC, PFD, and PFE p...

To PFC or Not To PFC
I'm returning to PB development after about 7 years in management and I'm trying to figure out how PFC fits into the current PB world. I used it with 6.5 and thought it was great (though sometimes a little complex, especially when debigging). It seems that Sybase doesn't push it anymore and I think I saw a post that said it hasn't changed since 8.0(?). I'll be developing an app for commercial sale and I think PB is perfect since I think I can get more done in a shorter period of time with PB than with anything else. I especially like that PB's future leads...

URGENT HELP REQUIRED!!! Converting NON PFC Application to PFC
We have some applications which were developed in PB 4 and has been upgraded to PB5 and migrated to PB6. We have custom made ancestor objects for windows as well as user objects for dws. we have upto 4 layers of objects. We wish to convert our application to take advantage of PFC. Can any one out there guide whether this would require re-writing the entire system ? We have lot of NVUOs which work as PFC services but with having different purpose. Our applications are very large and rewriting would amount to atleast 35 man months of work. One approach (and the only possible ...

migrating non-pfc app to pfc
We have an old legacy app that is still used here. It's been migrated to PB 10, but the framework is uses was developed in house years ago and is inadequate. I would love to move the app to PFC. I searched around and didn't find any articles or posts on this topic. The one article referenced was from a conference in 1998 and the link is invalid now on the sybase site. Anyone know of any valid links/articles/guidance on this topic? Thanks, Jim On 30 Dec 2005 07:35:36 -0800, Jim Ward wrote: >We have an old legacy app that is still used here. It's >been ...

adding PFC to non PFC libraries
I have developed my applications without PFC, and now in trouble with the security and other functionality, is it possible for me to add the PFC to my current libraries and make use of other services like Application security service? can a non-pfc application becomes a pfc application half way thru? Syed. --- Sapura Advanced Systems Sdn. Bhd, 18th Floor, Menara Tun Razak, Jalan Raja Laut, 50350 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Tel: (03) 295-3472, (03) 294-3000 Fax: (03) 294-6587, (03) 293-3154 On Thu, 07 May 1998 15:15:59 +0800, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general Syed <sas@mas...

Introduce pfc in non-pfc app
Hi, I would like to know if anyone had tried to convert or develop new functionality using pfc in a non-pfc app, what would be the minimal changes to be done in this process. TIA for your response Priya ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp look at http://www.pfcguide.com/downloads.asp (PFC objects for non-PFC applications) pbm_hopethishelps FX Liagre fxliagre@hotmail.com francois-xavier.liagre@lusis.fr Priya a �crit dans le message ... Hi, I would like to know if anyone had tried to convert or develop new fu...

PFC Security for Non-PFC Apps?
We have a suite of applications, some which are PFC-based while others are not. It would not be practical to make all our non-PFC applications PFC-compliant. Therefore, I'd like to take the PFC Security Service, rip it apart, and rebuild it from the base PowerBuilder classes rather than the PFC classes. I plan to then use this new, non-PFC Security Service in my non-PFC apps. Has anyone tried this? How did you go about doing it? Was it feasible? Better yet, does anyone have the source code for this already? The PFC Security service uses PFC events and hooks heavily. I...

Mixing pfc based app with earlier non pfc
What is the best approach for extending an existing application through the use of the PFC, while minimizing changes to the existing code? I'm on a development team tasked with developing major additions to an existing PB application. This application was developed without any use of the PFC (or any class library, or any use of inheritance - if you can believe it!. I realize the sane approach would be to nuke the existing code and start over, but our bean counter masters won't allow it) Our development effort has to be focused on the new functionality - a major rework of t...

Web resources about - How to include the pfc in a non pfc application - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Apple patent application reveals exciting possibilities for twin-camera system rumored for iPhone 7
We heard a report in November that Apple was testing an iPhone 7 model with dual rear cameras , and a patent application published today not ...

Panasonic Develops a Stretchable Resin Film and Its Application Materials for Stretchable Electronics ...
A stretchable film is developed. This film stretches to 2.5 times the original length and then returns to the original form. A conductive paste ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Increased in Latest Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 19% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Increase in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications increased 21.3 percent from one week earlier, ...

Mortgage applications rebound
Mortgage applications increased 21.3 percent on a seasonally adjusted basis, for the week ending January 8th, versus previous week,

Panasonic touch panel production to be solely for vehicle applications by 2020, says report
Panasonic is aiming to transfer its touch panel production completely to vehicle applications by 2020 in order to meet increasing demand for ...