how to get printer status

now i facing a problem regarding to detect printer status, like paper
out, printer not on, paper not ready.
i have to detect the status of printer before i send the print job.
is there any sample code to detect printer status?
your help is much apperciate.
0
dave
7/13/2009 11:21:12 AM
sybase.powerbuilder.general 62418 articles. 11 followers. Follow

Check the enunjobs sample on CodeXchange, which reports back the
status as well:

http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=1058501

On Mon, 13 Jul 2009 04:21:12 -0700 (PDT), dave <chinho80@gmail.com>
wrote:

>now i facing a problem regarding to detect printer status, like paper
>out, printer not on, paper not ready.
>i have to detect the status of printer before i send the print job.
>is there any sample code to detect printer status?
>your help is much apperciate.
-----------------------------------

My Web 2.0 Stuff

Blog:      http://bruce.pbdjmagazine.com/
Facebook:  http://www.facebook.com/people/Bruce-Armstrong/1600223798
Fotki:     http://public.fotki.com/brucearmstrong/
LinkedIn:  http://www.linkedin.com/in/bruceaarmstrong
Twitter:   http://twitter.com/bruce_armstrong
YouTube:   http://www.youtube.com/user/brucearmstrong
0
Bruce
7/13/2009 1:31:06 PM
On Jul 13, 9:31=A0pm, Bruce Armstrong
<NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstr...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Check the enunjobs sample on CodeXchange, which reports back the
> status as well:
>
> http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=3D1058501
>
> On Mon, 13 Jul 2009 04:21:12 -0700 (PDT), dave <chinh...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >now i facing a problem regarding to detect printer status, like paper
> >out, printer not on, paper not ready.
> >i have to detect the status of printer before i send the print job.
> >is there any sample code to detect printer status?
> >your help is much apperciate.
>
> -----------------------------------
>
> My Web 2.0 Stuff
>
> Blog: =A0 =A0 =A0http://bruce.pbdjmagazine.com/
> Facebook: =A0http://www.facebook.com/people/Bruce-Armstrong/1600223798
> Fotki: =A0 =A0http://public.fotki.com/brucearmstrong/
> LinkedIn: =A0http://www.linkedin.com/in/bruceaarmstrong
> Twitter: =A0http://twitter.com/bruce_armstrong
> YouTube: =A0http://www.youtube.com/user/brucearmstrong

i have try it before, look it did not work according and not stable.
it return incorrect printer status.
any alternative sample code beside this
0
dave
7/14/2009 9:33:46 AM
try powerwhizz.com printer utility

"dave" <chinho80@gmail.com> wrote in message
> now i facing a problem regarding to detect printer status, like paper
> out, printer not on, paper not ready.
> i have to detect the status of printer before i send the print job.
> is there any sample code to detect printer status?
> your help is much apperciate.

0
PB
7/20/2009 1:17:48 AM
On Jul 20, 9:17=A0am, "PB" <s...@pb.com> wrote:
> try powerwhizz.comprinterutility
>
> "dave" <chinh...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > now i facing a problem regarding to detectprinterstatus, like paper
> > out,printernot on, paper not ready.
> > i have to detect thestatusofprinterbefore i send the print job.
> > is there any sample code to detectprinterstatus?
> > your help is much apperciate.

any other alternative?
0
dave
7/22/2009 2:08:40 AM
Perhaps PowerPrinter, but I don't believe it's being actively
maintained.  (The last file release was from 2001):

http://sourceforge.net/projects/powerprinter/

-----------------------------------

My Web 2.0 Stuff

Blog:      http://bruce.pbdjmagazine.com/
Facebook:  http://www.facebook.com/people/Bruce-Armstrong/1600223798
Fotki:     http://public.fotki.com/brucearmstrong/
LinkedIn:  http://www.linkedin.com/in/bruceaarmstrong
Twitter:   http://twitter.com/bruce_armstrong
YouTube:   http://www.youtube.com/user/brucearmstrong
0
Bruce

Getting a printer Status.
Does anyone know how to get the printer status and information from within powerbuilder. I assume its the use of an API call. Which one? I am trying to mimic the print options dialogue window like in Microsoft Word. Their 'printer dialog' shows a printer status of 'Idle' for the default printer. Thanks, GK You can use GetPrinter() API function. Check for Win32sdk documentation for that. Mahendra Dhamdhere WorkerB wrote in message ... >Does anyone know how to get the printer status and information >from within powerbuilder. I assume its the use ...

How to find printer status from Powerbuilder
Hi Friends, I need to know from my powerbuilder application the printers status in the network. Anybody can give any idea ? TIA RAO -- NARAYANA SUDANAGUNTA 115 NUTMEGLANE #111 EAST HORTFORD ,CT-06118 1-860-263-6438(work) 1-860-895-8279(HOME) Check out printer utility from www.powerwhizz.com for getting the printer status.. "narayana" <narayanarao@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:q48CXUCJBHA.201@forums.sybase.com... > Hi Friends, > > I need to know from my powerbuilder application the printers status in the > network. > &g...

Printer status
I need to check the printer status ( on/off, on line, paper, etc.) before send the each and every job. How can I do this? Cecilia Villegas On Sat, 20 Sep 1997 13:55:21 -0500, "SYBASE" <TECCON@SYBCOM.COM> wrote: > I need to check the printer status ( on/off, on line, paper, etc.) before >send the each and every job. >How can I do this? There are Windows API calls that will give you this information. However, you might want to check out PowerPrinter (www.digitalw.com) to see it that will work for you. I've found it much easier to interfa...

Printers Printers Printers!!
Hi All, I have two Printers installed on win2k with default set. However, I another user logs in, default changes......can I force the default printer set?? I'm also using DLU - Volitile and Zen 4. Can I force the default for that particular room each time? Examples would be of great assistance...;-) Many thanks. Using NWadmin, do a properties on the user, group, or container, and go to the NDPS Remote printer button, highlight the printer then click set as default. ...

Can I get the printer's status in pb?
I want to know whether the current print job is over or not. If I can get the printer's status, I can decide the next step to do. Anyone can help me? Thanks. Look at www.powerwhizz.com. If memory serves, he allows you to determine the printer status. On Fri, 12 May 2000 10:14:09 +0800, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general Tom Chang <ztao@engineer.com> wrote: >I want to know whether the current print job is over or not. If I can get >the printer's status, I can decide the next step to do. > >Anyone can help me? > >Thanks. >...

Can I get the printer's status in pb? #2
I want to know whether the current print job is over or not. If I can get the printer's status, I can decide the next step to do. Thanks. ...

Printer Status
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-1-dub46b9f93c Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi I am trying to get the Printer Status using the GetPrinter function provided by windows WINSPOOL.DRV. I am getting one problem in getting the printer status that Status is always 0 which is ready even though on the Window Print Manager I can see 'Error' or 'Toner Low' I put the code in the timer event to fetch the status every one second but with no success. Please suggest. I have extended over ...

How can I get the printer driver of the actual printer?
I want to get the driver of actual printer because I have one report that can be printed in a laser printer or a matrix printer. I did a lot of test about the width of the datawindow; I chose a width when I print in laser printer and another when is a matrix printer. The width changes for two printers. If I don't change the width, the report is O.K. in the matrix printer, but in laser printer is wrong; I get a extra white sheet. I was thinking to use GetPrinterDriver function, contained in Winspool library. Thanks for your help. Edgar. ...

Printer Driver Profile
Hi all, We're about to roll out some 200 new Xerox printers, about 8 different models in total. I've just come across a potential issue though. If you install the printer & driver (iprint does this nicely), the driver does not know about any of the "special features" of the device - such as duplexing etc... unless you go into the properties of the printer, select the Printer tab, click "get information from printer", supply the printer's IP and the driver interrogates the printer to find out what features it has.... you can then make use...

POST GET GET GET GET... WTH?

Printer queue get disabled if the printer is not available (CUPS)
Hi, How can I make that CUPS do not disable a printer queue (in cups) when the printer gets for example witout paper a lot of time??? The problem is that if the printer gets without of paper or witout ink, I want to solve the problem just putting more paper for example, but in some cases, the CUPS server already has disabled the queue and I have to enabled it manually. I want that CUPS do not disable the queue if the printer get down or something like that. Thank you. Xavier, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That co...

Printer map printer status screen does not have full functionality
I have two different servers running iPrint. When a user clicks on the iPrint map with a printer they already have installed then it pops up a status window about the printer. On one server it shows information and a refresh button. On the other server it shows different buttons like, refresh, delete, hold, resume and information. I would like to have both servers to show the more functional one. I have not found any configuration setting I need to switch. Any ideas? Thanks. --____WKISEEMCOXWTOIDZWXLP____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Enc...

iprint printer slow to connect (printer status opening)
Hi, I've been searching about a solution reguarding the slow connection to the printer: applications take ages to connect to user's printer, application status was: opening (printer status stayed in opening for 10 seconds ...) I've seen some post about that but without any real solution, well, the proposed one didn't do anything for our system. We're using Citrix Metaframe 1.8 in windows 2000 server SP4 with many hotfixes ... The problems was this hotfixe: KB324446 After removing it the problem went away. BTW, removing this hotfix solve many slowness of...

iprint printer slow to connect (printer status opening)
Hi, I've been searching about a solution reguarding the slow connection to the printer: applications take ages to connect to user's printer, application status was: opening (printer status stayed in opening for 10 seconds ...) I've seen some post about that but without any real solution, well, the proposed one didn't do anything for our system. We're using Citrix Metaframe 1.8 in windows 2000 server SP4 with many hotfixes ... The problems was this hotfixe: KB324446 After removing it the problem went away. BTW, removing this hotfix solve many slowness of...

Web resources about - how to get printer status - sybase.powerbuilder.general

App Store - EPSON Printer Finder

Doro PDF printer adds color conversion, page rotation controls
Lightweight virtual PDF printer Doro has been updated with new color conversion and page rotation settings. If the default "UseDeviceIndependentColor" ...

Review: The da Vinci 1.0 Pro 3D printer reaches for the higher end
When XYZprinting unveiled its da Vinci 1.0 Professional 3D printer in September, it touted the fact that the printer could used third-party 1.75mm ...

Consumer Technology Association Chief Talks Up Drones, 3D Printers, And Driverless Cars: CES
... electronics business, based on Consumer Technology Association chief Gary Shapiro’s opening remarks at the annual CES confab. Drones, 3D printers, ...

See how a Disney Infinity figure is made, and by proxy, a terrifying 3D printer process
... details added in afterward. But the real magic is found in the middle of the video, where it shows Olaf rising from the depths of the 3D printer ...