How to get MAC address & IP address?

Dear all

  how to get the MAC address & IP address using PowerBuilder 6.5?
  thanks!

Michael

0
Michael
1/16/2002 2:42:51 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.general 62418 articles. 11 followers. Follow

On Wed, 16 Jan 2002 22:42:51 +0800, "Michael" <michaell@hknet.com>
wrote:

>Dear all
>
>  how to get the MAC address & IP address using PowerBuilder 6.5?
>  thanks!
>
>Michael

For IP address see
http://eric.aling.tripod.com/PB/tips/pbtip14.htm

--

  Boris Gasin [TeamSybase]
  mailto:bgasin@dynamictechgroup.com

  Close to NJ? Join the NJ Sybase Tools User Group
  http://www.njpbug.org/njpbug/join/join.asp
0
Boris
1/16/2002 4:21:15 PM
wrote:

>Dear all
>
>  how to get the MAC address & IP address using PowerBuilder 6.5?
>  thanks!
>
>Michael

Ah,

Took me a while but found the MAC address as well.  For this one you
will need a DLL, fortunately Roy has already created one.

http://www.teamsybase.com/roy.kiesler/downloads/pbutils.zip

--

  Boris Gasin [TeamSybase]
  mailto:bgasin@dynamictechgroup.com

  Close to NJ? Join the NJ Sybase Tools User Group
  http://www.njpbug.org/njpbug/join/join.asp
0
Boris

How can I get IP Address & NetCard Address Using PowerBuilder?
Hello,All: How can I get IP Address and NetCard Address Using PowerBuilder? Please give me a hand??Thanks for your help... Jim look at : http://utopia.knoware.nl/users/cypr115/ Jean-Paul "Jim" <jim@turnkey.com.tw> wrote in message news:25f#ZzO1$GA.203@forums.sybase.com... > Hello,All: > How can I get IP Address and NetCard Address Using PowerBuilder? > Please give me a hand??Thanks for your help... > > Jim > > Is it Arguments??? I can't understand Arguments... Would anyone tell me!!Thanks! jpf <jpf@basc....

Get IP address and MAC address
Hi there! How can get ip address and mac address from command shell without root attributes(I can't use 'ifconfig'). Thank you in advance. -- [Adri�n C�rdoba] ------------------------------------------------------------------------ aecordoba wrote: > Hi there! > How can get ip address and mac address from command shell without root > attributes(I can't use 'ifconfig'). > Thank you in advance. > > /sbin/ifconfig -- Vahis aecordoba wrote: > Hi there! > How can get ip address and mac address from command shell wi...

IP address vs MAC address
Ok somebody explain this to me. I understand how IP addresses are issued(well sort of...lol) Is it one IP address to one MAC address?(not accounting for non routable IP space) I understand there can only be one WAN facing IP address per machine/MAC/NIC/etc realizing multiple NICs possible on one computer. If that is the case then how can say a Comcast DHCP server keep from issuing an IP to a MAC address that another provider has already issued an IP for? In this case perhaps someone has made up a MAC address to use in their router for cloning purposes. Or does it really ...

Find an IP address having only the MAC address
Hi again, I've been searching google for a while about this issue, but I'm still too confused. My goal is to discover the IP address of the LAN interface of a Cisco 1721 router (it's located at the office where I work). I know the MAC address because it's written in a sticker at the bottom of the router. But I don't know the password to the router admin console :( The router's LAN interface is connected to a Sun workstation that has two NICs (one of them connected to the cisco and the other connected to a 24- port switch). The Sun machine works as a...

Ip addresses linked to MAC addresses?
Hi, I recently decided to install a router onto my internet connection, (partially because of my Shields Up results, and partially because my linux computer acting as a router was a bottleneck (ISA ethernet cards.. eww)) Anyway, I plugged it in, booted it up, and noticed that my IP address had changed. Now, nowhere in my internet access does it say anything about static IP address, but my IP address hadn't changed for quite some time. (Somewhere in the range of 1-2 years) I thought that this was too much of a coincidence, so I took a closer look at my LinkSys router, and saw a WAN ...

how to find ip address from mac address?
It happened more than once. At a customer's office, there is a device with an unknown ip address. We know its mac address. The ip address might be different from the network. For example, the customer's network might be 10.1.0.0/16, whereas that device might have the ip address 192.168.200.123/24. For example, it might be a managed switch that has kept its default ip address. So, it works as a switch, but I cannot manage it. Apart from a sniffer, is there a (free?) software that can scan the network and find ip addresses of all hosts, and/or only of those whose mac address ...

Virtual IP Address (Mac Addressing)
We are planning a 26node cluster Groupwise implementation early next year. After meeting with our Network people, one of them posed the question if Server A (connected to Switch A) fails over to Server B which is connected to Switch B (Will the virtual mac IP address that fails over to Server B be recorded correctly). I was under the impression that the application layer managed it, but we need clarification for Netware. Thanks. Novell's fail-over works by only moving the IP address of a resource and not the MAC address. Therefore, the fail-over is completely transparent ...

IP Address allocation by mac address
Is it possible to give a specific mac address a fixed IP address when it requests an address from the DHCP server? mike.dawson@scarborough.gov.uk schrieb: >Is it possible to give a specific mac address a fixed IP address when it >requests an address from the DHCP server? Yes. Just create an ip-address-object with manual assignment type in the DNS/DHCP management console. Enter the mac-address, unload and reload the dhcpsrvr module and release and renew the address at the workstation. Important: Don�t touch the client identifier field, when creating the object. J...

How to get IP address using Email Address
Hi, I want to know that how can i get actual IP address of a person who is using the email address like gmail, yahoo, msn, etc. If user enter the email address of the any person, it should return the actual IP Address of that person computer which is he connect. Is this possible? Any reference will be apperciated. Guide me............  This is not possible because email address is not related with IP address, Domain names are Mohamed Abb@s------------------------Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post(s) which helps you ! Threre's no correlation between IP...

ip address, mac address, agent name
Hi It seems that I was able to print a report showing IP Address, MAC address and Agent Name all on the same page...Did I make that up? Does anyone know how to do that? Thanks, Kat On Mar 15, 5:16 pm, mepr...@speakeasy.net wrote: > Hi > It seems that I was able to print a report showing IP Address, MAC address > and Agent Name all on the same page...Did I make that up? Does anyone know > how to do that? Well, the MAC address would really be tough as NDPS/iPrint has no need for the MAC address and as such does not record that information anywhere. If the pritner i...

Asisgn IP address based on wildcard MAC addresses
We are using NetWare 6.5 DHCP in our environment. I would like to assign IP addresses to PCs based on the particular manufacturer ID in the MAC address, can this be done? I tried but the DNS/DHCP management console wouldn't accept the wildcard character in the MAC addresses field. Is there any way to workaround it? Will import accepts wildcard MAC? Thanks. AFAIK, th DHCP protocol does not support what you want, in any implementation, as it is not part of the DHCP standards. bd NSC Volunteer SysOp Thanks Brad. No problem. bd NSC Volunteer SysOp Hi,...

Web control for catching IP address and MAC address
Hi guys. I would like to know if any of you know a link or maybe have a library which allows me to use a textbox for enter an IP Address or a MAC address??. I've been searching on the web but all of the examples are for windows applications or they are masks for the normal textbox but they don't include the Control type for an IP address or a MAC address. Please help with this.  You would need to make a composite control of 4 textboxes.Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.This credits that member, earns you a point and marks you...

DHCP assigning the same IP Address to Mutiple Mac Addresses
Is it possible in DHCP to assign the same IP Address to multiple Mac Addresses, ie. a laptop docked using the docking station NIC and a laptop undocked using the built-in NIC I have an application that checks security based on the IP-address that is assigned to the user. thanks, Chris Chris, AFAIK this isn�t possible. You have to add two different manual assignments to the nics. Joerg Joerg is correct, although you may be able to use a MAC Address override so that the machine has the same MAC address regardless of how it is connected. Check your OS d...

Windows software to convert MAC address to IP address?
Hi all. For the life of me, I can't remember what the name of the software that will take a MAC address and give you back the IP address if the equipment with the MAC address is on the local network. A friend suggested setting a static ARP listing for a MAC address on my computer with an unused IP address, but that didn't work. Help? - Phil "Philip H. Schlesinger" <pschlesi@REMOVE-uci_ME.edu> wrote in message news:dvut6p$2jsu$1@news.grc.com... > Hi all. For the life of me, I can't remember what the name of the > software > that...

Web resources about - How to get MAC address & IP address? - sybase.powerbuilder.general

File:Ipv6 address.svg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I, the copyright holder of this work, release this work into the public domain . This applies worldwide. This file contains additional information, ...

State of the Union 2016: Barack Obama declares US should cure cancer in final address to Congress
US President Barack Obama is expected to urge American leaders fix our politics and lift standards of living in his final State of the Union ...

Missed President Obama's final State of the Union address? You can watch it on Amazon Prime
The State of the Union address is arguably the most important speech given by any president and what will be included in the context of it is ...

Lies and More Lies: Another Look at Obama's State of the Union Address
Lies and More Lies I commented on Obama's state of the union address in Brilliant Bullshit! Let's check out an alternative viewpoint. In the ...

Eye Opener at 8: Obama delivers final State of the Union address - Videos - CBS News
A look back at what we've been covering on "CBS This Morning."

'You Can't Manage What You Can't See': Cisco Helps Businesses Address Shadow IT
'You Can't Manage What You Can't See': Cisco Helps Businesses Address Shadow IT CNNMoney Shadow IT is rampant. For years, CIOs have known that ...

Why was Kim Davis at the State of the Union address?
The Liberty Counsel, which represents Ms. Davis, said she would attend the speech to oppose the Administration's 'trampling of religious liberty.' ...

Cuomo Talks $15 Minimum Wage During State Address
'Millions of low-wage workers have to choose between paying taxes and buying food'

In weekly address, Obama proposes employment insurance reforms
x YouTube Video President Obama used this week’s address to push to “modernize our employment insurance system.” If a hardworking American ...

President Obama Last State of the Union Address Recap Group Group
Trump is small potatoes. Obama had his sights set on bigger things last night.