How to get a text from rich text edit control ?

It does not have a such property as 'Text'. So how can I catch in to
variable whatever user types ?

Thanks.


0
yt
5/24/2001 3:43:44 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.general 62418 articles. 18 followers. Follow

7 Replies
2299 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 0

string ls_text
this.SelectTextAll()
ls_text = this.SelectedText()

On Thu, 24 May 2001 11:43:44 -0400,
 in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general
yt <tyuriy@aol.com> wrote: 
>It does not have a such property as 'Text'. So how can I catch in to
>variable whatever user types ?
>
>Thanks.
>
>

Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
http://www.needhim.org

---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==---
http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp
0
Bruce
5/24/2001 4:57:00 PM
And all text dissapears ... I am not able to type anything. Any
manipulations with selected text clean up the RTE. Am I doing something
wrong ?
"Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]" <NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com>
wrote in message news:BFJCNKH5AHA.178@forums.sybase.com...
> string ls_text
> this.SelectTextAll()
> ls_text = this.SelectedText()
>
> On Thu, 24 May 2001 11:43:44 -0400,
>  in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general
> yt <tyuriy@aol.com> wrote:
> >It does not have a such property as 'Text'. So how can I catch in to
> >variable whatever user types ?
> >
> >Thanks.
> >
> >
>
> Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
> http://www.needhim.org
>
> ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==---
> http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp


0
yt
5/24/2001 6:10:28 PM
A-a, SelectTextAll highlights all text and any next typing overrides it,
doesn't it ?
"Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]" <NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com>
wrote in message news:BFJCNKH5AHA.178@forums.sybase.com...
> string ls_text
> this.SelectTextAll()
> ls_text = this.SelectedText()
>
> On Thu, 24 May 2001 11:43:44 -0400,
>  in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general
> yt <tyuriy@aol.com> wrote:
> >It does not have a such property as 'Text'. So how can I catch in to
> >variable whatever user types ?
> >
> >Thanks.
> >
> >
>
> Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
> http://www.needhim.org
>
> ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==---
> http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp


0
yt
5/24/2001 6:29:58 PM
If that's an issue, why not just do a SelectText to unselect the text
(make the from and the to values the same)?

Good luck,

Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techno-kitten

On Thu, 24 May 2001 14:29:58 -0400, "yt" <tyuriy@aol.com> wrote:

>A-a, SelectTextAll highlights all text and any next typing overrides it,
>doesn't it ?
>"Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]" <NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com>
>wrote in message news:BFJCNKH5AHA.178@forums.sybase.com...
>> string ls_text
>> this.SelectTextAll()
>> ls_text = this.SelectedText()
>>
>> On Thu, 24 May 2001 11:43:44 -0400,
>>  in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general
>> yt <tyuriy@aol.com> wrote:
>> >It does not have a such property as 'Text'. So how can I catch in to
>> >variable whatever user types ?
>> >
>> >Thanks.
>> >
>> >
>>
>> Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
>> http://www.needhim.org
>>
>> ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==---
>> http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp
>


Sequel's Sandbox: http://www.techno-kitten.com
Home of PBL Peeper, a PowerBuilder Developer's Toolkit. 
Version 2 now available at the Sandbox

Charitable donations without money?
CLICK FOR FREE MONEY!!
The Hunger Site: http://www.thehungersite.com
The Rainforest Site: http://www.therainforestsite.com
The Kids AIDS Site: http://www.thekidsaidssite.com
The Child Survival Site: http://www.thechildsurvivalsite.com
The Breast Cancer Site: http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
The Landmine Site: http://www.thelandminesite.com
0
Terry
5/25/2001 12:58:06 AM
You have to deselect the text when you are done.

On Thu, 24 May 2001 14:10:28 -0400,
 in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general
yt <tyuriy@aol.com> wrote: 
>And all text dissapears ... I am not able to type anything. Any
>manipulations with selected text clean up the RTE. Am I doing something
>wrong ?
>"Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]" <NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com>
>wrote in message news:BFJCNKH5AHA.178@forums.sybase.com...
>> string ls_text
>> this.SelectTextAll()
>> ls_text = this.SelectedText()
>>
>> On Thu, 24 May 2001 11:43:44 -0400,
>>  in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general
>> yt <tyuriy@aol.com> wrote:
>> >It does not have a such property as 'Text'. So how can I catch in to
>> >variable whatever user types ?
>> >
>> >Thanks.
>> >
>> >
>>
>> Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
>> http://www.needhim.org
>>
>> ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==---
>> http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp
>
>

Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
http://www.needhim.org

---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==---
http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp
0
Bruce
5/25/2001 4:44:53 PM
Sorry for such long and not clear escription.
I want to do avery simple thing: catch all (better - part of) the text AFTER
I tytpe some character, 'z', for example. So I put my code on some event ue_
wich I post from key event of RTE control. But at the time I catch a text it
still does not have the entered character. Why ?
"Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]" <NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com>
wrote in message news:c6m6FoT5AHA.191@forums.sybase.com...
> You have to deselect the text when you are done.
>
> On Thu, 24 May 2001 14:10:28 -0400,
>  in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general
> yt <tyuriy@aol.com> wrote:
> >And all text dissapears ... I am not able to type anything. Any
> >manipulations with selected text clean up the RTE. Am I doing something
> >wrong ?
> >"Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]" <NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com>
> >wrote in message news:BFJCNKH5AHA.178@forums.sybase.com...
> >> string ls_text
> >> this.SelectTextAll()
> >> ls_text = this.SelectedText()
> >>
> >> On Thu, 24 May 2001 11:43:44 -0400,
> >>  in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general
> >> yt <tyuriy@aol.com> wrote:
> >> >It does not have a such property as 'Text'. So how can I catch in to
> >> >variable whatever user types ?
> >> >
> >> >Thanks.
> >> >
> >> >
> >>
> >> Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
> >> http://www.needhim.org
> >>
> >> ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==---
> >> http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp
> >
> >
>
> Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
> http://www.needhim.org
>
> ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==---
> http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp


0
Quest
5/25/2001 9:03:24 PM
I'm not sure the key event is a good choice here.  The RTE control is a third
party control and behaves a bit differently than the other PB controls.  For
example, in the RTE control, the modified event is only fired when the contents
of the control change the *first* time.  That might still be the event you want
to use, though, but you would need to send a HE_SetModified message back to 
the control afterwards to turn the modified attribute back off.

On Fri, 25 May 2001 17:03:24 -0400,
 in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general
Quest <tyuriy@aol.com> wrote: 
>Sorry for such long and not clear escription.
>I want to do avery simple thing: catch all (better - part of) the text AFTER
>I tytpe some character, 'z', for example. So I put my code on some event ue_
>wich I post from key event of RTE control. But at the time I catch a text it
>still does not have the entered character. Why ?
>"Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]" <NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com>
>wrote in message news:c6m6FoT5AHA.191@forums.sybase.com...
>> You have to deselect the text when you are done.
>>
>> On Thu, 24 May 2001 14:10:28 -0400,
>>  in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general
>> yt <tyuriy@aol.com> wrote:
>> >And all text dissapears ... I am not able to type anything. Any
>> >manipulations with selected text clean up the RTE. Am I doing something
>> >wrong ?
>> >"Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]" <NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com>
>> >wrote in message news:BFJCNKH5AHA.178@forums.sybase.com...
>> >> string ls_text
>> >> this.SelectTextAll()
>> >> ls_text = this.SelectedText()
>> >>
>> >> On Thu, 24 May 2001 11:43:44 -0400,
>> >>  in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general
>> >> yt <tyuriy@aol.com> wrote:
>> >> >It does not have a such property as 'Text'. So how can I catch in to
>> >> >variable whatever user types ?
>> >> >
>> >> >Thanks.
>> >> >
>> >> >
>> >>
>> >> Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
>> >> http://www.needhim.org
>> >>
>> >> ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==---
>> >> http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp
>> >
>> >
>>
>> Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
>> http://www.needhim.org
>>
>> ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==---
>> http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp
>
>

Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
http://www.exp.com/a?lid=4095
http://www.needhim.org

---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==---
http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp
0
Bruce
5/29/2001 4:25:43 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Rich Text DataWindow In Rich Text Control
Hi, is there a way to take the contents of a rich text data window and put it into a rich text edit control? Thanks, Cliff ...

chinese character in rich text control and text control
I have a chinese character in either rich text control or text control. The character is look fine if it is a small size (10, 12), however when the font size is changed bigger (36 or 72), the character is out of shape(many dot, not smooth). Is anyone has any idea to print a bigger chinese character from pb7.03. ...

In rich text editor I cannot normally edit text just after pasting text
Name: Darek Email: darekatgrapevinejobsdotcodotuk Product: Firefox Summary: In rich text editor I cannot normally edit text just after pasting text Comments: In rich text editor I have following problem: After pasting text for example from Word I try to remove a letter or word from just pasted text and I could not do this. If I insert let say single space then after this operation I am able to remove text and generally do everything. Browser Details: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5....

Rich Text Edit control: get total pages?
Hi, can anyone think of a way I can get the total number of pages contained in a rich text edit control after having executed a DataSource() function? I need to switch back and forth between letterhead and regular paper when printing this 2-page document and the number of pages would help me write a loop. Since you are using DataSource function, to get the actual number of pages you can use: rte_1.PageCount ( ) * dw_1.Rowcount(), where dw_1 is the DW you have used in the Datasource function. Hope this helps. John. Rick Charnes wrote: > Hi, can anyone think of a way...

Pasting text from Mac apps into rich text controls pastes plain text
Name: Bob Product: Firefox Summary: Pasting text from Mac apps into rich text controls pastes plain text Comments: Using: Mac OS X 10.6 and Firefox 3.5 and 3.6 beta 1 Steps to reproduce: * Write text in Text Edit, Yojimbo, etc using rich text (e.g. font sizes, bold, italics) * Open Gmail in Firefox and compose an email * Copy and paste the text you created from the other Mac app into Firefox Observed: text is pasted in as plain text Expected: converts the rich text to appropriate rich text in the control, like Safari does This is a huge pain when e.g. writing release n...

Text does not wrap correctly in rich text control
Hi, I'm having this problem: 'Text does not wrap correctly in rich text control'. I'm using PB10.5.1. I've done some research on the Web and tried: set the following variable in the pb.ini file: [RichText] PageSizeAsControlSize=1 Should I install PB10.5.2? Does it resolve the problem? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. Joan A bit more description about the problem. I have a rich text control in my app. I have tried to set property to 'Wordwrap, which dosen't work. I have tried to set the following variable in the pb.ini file: ...

Can't edit text in the 'Basic text Box' OR 'Rich Text Editor'
have, DNN 3.0.13 installed on Windows server 2003have tried sitting at the server and on a workstationI first tried to edit the text on the home page, the text editor shows up but it is empty/blank, I couldn't put my cursor in the text area and type anything.I have also tried to create a new page and try to edit a text area, same problem.....I have also tried to use the events module and tried to add an event, same problem...PS. preview in not on.Thanks in advance, Peter What browser are you using?Are you using a custom skin?Icthus TechnologiesBuilding Faith on the Internet Im havi...

How do I get the Text of a Text ....
That may sound confusing, but I need to get the text of a Dynamically created text object. For each row the Text objects text might be somthing different, and when I loop through all the rows, I need to see if any of them are a certain Word. When I used Getitemstring, it doesn't like it. dw_1.Describe( 'text_control.text' ) will give you the .text attribute of a text control in a datawindow. How are you getting different values for the .text attributes on different rows? Using an expression or something? -- Paul Horan[TeamSybase] VCI Springfield, MA www.v...

Rich Text Edit Control
HI All: I have a RTF control which imports a RTF file and I want the RTF file to print with it's original margin settings. The RTF document has the following margin sizes: L = 1, R = 1, T 1.80 and B = .25 What happens when I print (rte_1.Print(blah...)) the RTF document is expanded to the edges of the paper. When I view the RTF in PREVIEW mode, the margins are set to: L = .25, R = 0, T = 0 and B = .20 I tried scripting the desired margin settings (RTE_1.LeftMargin = 1 etc.. )and printed with the same result. I do NOT want the users to use the RTE_1.Preview = true window to...

Rich Text Edit Control
Who's successfully using a - easy to use, cheap or free - rich text editor control in a VWD project?  What's the name of it?What's the name of the rich text edit control I'm typing into right now for this forum post?Thanks.Frank Free Text Box or FCKEditor.  The fact it's a VWD project isn't relevant.JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue.     I use FreeTextBox as well (though not in Studio, not that it matters much).&nbs...

Rich Text Edit Controls
Does anyone know how to set the font for a RTE programmatically? ---- AND ---- How can you tell in a script how far a RTE has been scrolled HORIZONTALLY? Hi Paul, There should be an easier way of setting the font size for RTE controls, but I have not found it yet. The code below will change the font size for the entire window. I don�t know how to change it for selected text. Give this a try. Hope it works. String ls_init_rtf ls_init_rtf = '{\rtf1{\fonttbl{\f0\froman Tms Rmn;}}' ls_init_rtf = ls_init_rtf + "{\f0\fs24\cf0\up0\dn0 a big brown house...

Rich Text Edit Controls
Hello, We have just migrated our app from 6.5.1 to 7.0.2. I had problems with a few particular objects when trying to open in the library painter and when running from source. PB would crash with "Invalid page fault pb70.exe@014f:10005357". The only way that I could solve the problem was to comment out all code from the 6.5 version, remove a control(one at a time) and migrate to 7.0 until I found which one was the culprit. Rich Text Edit control is the one that is crashing . No matter what I try to add it to, pb70 will blow up with that same error. Does anyone know if ther...

Rich Text Edit Control
Hi All I'm using PB703 Build 10213 I'd like to use a RTE on a window, together with a Datawindow control, get the data from a Long VarChar column on the Datawindow control, set them in the RTE, do some formating on the (BOLD, UNDERLINE, etc), get them from the RTE set them back in the column and save them to the database. Is this posible. TIA Stelios Stylianou Stelios - This is what the RTE Datawindow style is supposed to accomplish. From what I've heard it works FAIRLY well, but it has "issues". You have been warned. :) Olan "...

PowerBuilder Rich Text Control
Hello group, I have a problem.... I am trying to save the contents of a rich text control in an sqlserver table through jaguar. The problem is with a specific text column. Sql Server "sees" that column as text whereas in powerbuilder i see that column as char(32767). When the update statement executes then jaguar reports the following error: ******************************************************* **** EAS SERVER 4.2 (ERROR LOG) ********* ******************************************************* Sep 22 14:27:51 2003: Bind parameter value for ':1' is too big (10434) ...

Web resources about - How to get a text from rich text edit control ? - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Control - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License ;additional terms may apply. By using this site, you agree to the ...

Gina Rinehart takes control of Roy Hill
Hancock Prospecting's Roy Hill iron ore company has taken control of the Pilbara operation from head contractor Samsung C&amp;T, which has suffered ...

Gina Rinehart takes control of Roy Hill
Hancock Prospecting's Roy Hill iron ore company has taken control of the Pilbara operation from head contractor Samsung C&T, which has suffered ...

OSFI takes over control of Maple Bank assets in Canada
Canada's top banking regulator has taken temporary control of the Canadian assets of a German bank called Maple Bank GmbH.

Beyond Biglaw: 3 Quality Control Tips For Firms
... fierce, and enhanced by the expressed the desire of many corporate clients to keep as much work as possible in-house, a focus on quality control ...

Gina Rinehart takes control of Roy Hill
Hancock Prospecting's Roy Hill iron ore company has taken control of the Pilbara operation from head contractor Samsung C&T, which has suffered ...

Wink brings local control to your automated lights
... which is also one of the few hub makers that is compatible with Amazon Echo. Now Wink is beefing up it offering with what it terms "local control" ...

SoCalGas Announces Temporary Control Of Gas Leak In Porter Ranch
The temporarily controlled leak has driven thousands of residents from their Porter Ranch homes and has been blamed for a variety of symptoms, ...

Fast, deep, out of control: The confounding market rout
Every expert has a view about what's buffeting global markets, but consensus is elusive including about what's next

Apple TV expanding voice controls
The latest beta version of Apple TV's upcoming software also includes support for Bluetooth keyboards and the ability to organize your apps into ...

Resources last updated: 2/12/2016 2:40:43 PM