How to get a column property in a datawindow column object expression?

Hi,
I have a free style datawindow, I want such expression:
columnA.x = IF(columnB.visible, columnB.x + 100, 200)
Yes, you can get it in script, but I just want set it in datawindow.
Anyone can help?

Bo Song
soong@188.net

0
Bo

Hi Bo,

AFAIK, you cannot reference object properties in the expression. That would
be nice...

--

- Eric Aling [TeamPS], Cypres Informatisering bv, The Netherlands
  Eric's Home & PB Site @ http://utopia.knoware.nl/users/cypr115

Bo Song <soong@188.net> wrote in message 36D52106.433CE9B2@188.net...
>Hi,
>I have a free style datawindow, I want such expression:
>columnA.x = IF(columnB.visible, columnB.x + 100, 200)
>Yes, you can get it in script, but I just want set it in datawindow.
>Anyone can help?
>
>Bo Song
>soong@188.net

0
Eric
2/25/1999 12:15:43 PM
Bo/Eric,

Sure you can... with the Describe function, try:
IF(columnB.visible, Integer(Describe("columnB.x")) + 100, 200)

HTH,
Greg

Gregory R. George
Greg_George@AscensionLabs.com
Ascension Labs, LLC
Visit www.AscensionLabs.com for PB Tips,
Tricks, Tools, and Free Objects.

Eric Aling [TeamPS] wrote in message ...
>Hi Bo,
>
>AFAIK, you cannot reference object properties in the expression. That would
>be nice...
>
>--
>
>- Eric Aling [TeamPS], Cypres Informatisering bv, The Netherlands
>  Eric's Home & PB Site @ http://utopia.knoware.nl/users/cypr115
>
>Bo Song <soong@188.net> wrote in message 36D52106.433CE9B2@188.net...
>>Hi,
>>I have a free style datawindow, I want such expression:
>>columnA.x = IF(columnB.visible, columnB.x + 100, 200)
>>Yes, you can get it in script, but I just want set it in datawindow.
>>Anyone can help?
>>
>>Bo Song
>>soong@188.net

0
Gregory

Get Name of DW Identity Column (column.identity property requires looping thru all columns)
I need to locate the identity column for a DW. Only method i see is use of the columnName.Idenity property - which requires you to traverse all the DW columns and then look up the identity property for each until one is yes. Is there a way just to get the identity column directly - or the Primary Key. thanks, Dave As one can see in he syntax, sorry no. I played around with it this week also as I am using DW.Net2.0 with DataSets and a DataSet can not create update commands from a SQL statements where one has 2 tables. But, now, with the help of DW.Net it can do it ...

How can I get the column name of a datawindow column?
I want to get the column name in tablename.columnname format. I have tried to get it using dbname property. However, I found that it work only if the tables in the datawindow are inner join. If the tables in the datawindow are outer join, the dbname only return the columnname and the tablename is missed. Do you have any idea? Charles You could add the name to the select clause or to the tag property. Or you caould check to see if it is a join or not (by seeing if there is a '.' in the column name) if not then get the sql select statment and parse to find the table...

Use DataWindow Object Properties in DataWindow Object Expression
Hi all, Can I make use of the properties of objects in the expression? For example, can I set an expression in COLUMN_A's color property which reference the color property of COLUMN_B. I don't know how to access properties in expressions. Can anyone help me? Thanks. Alex You can use the Describe() function. Alex wrote in message <362D543F.F34B5F33@hotmail.com>... >Hi all, > Can I make use of the properties of objects in the expression? >For example, can I set an expression in COLUMN_A's color property which >reference the color property of...

Setting DataWindow column property with an expression
Hi - I must be doing something wrong that's obvious but I just can't see it. I have a datawindow column that I would like to make invisible if the value of the column is null. So I created the following expression in the "expression" box dialog that appears next to the "Visible" checkbox of the column's property tab. Not(IsNull(ecodocsubs_sheet_[0])) the column is called "ecodocsubs_sheet_" and i used 0 to get the current column's value, right? Anyway, I get every column of every row as invisible, regardless of the value of the ...

When is a column not a column?
I have several extremely similar datawindows that I have to maintain that go against the same table. Recently, I had to add a column to that table, and also add the column to ALL of these datawindows that go against this table. I added the column to the first datawindow, set up the edit control style, etc. I then did a copy/paste of the columns edit control to the remaining dw's (of course remembering to first add the column in SQL). Everything (update props, column specs, column props) seems to indicate that the pasted column is linked to the column I selected, HOWEVER, when I...

expression in column property in n-up datawindow
Hi, I have an N-up datawindow with 10 rows per detail. Each row contains a name and a state column. Depending on the state column, the name column should be visible/invisible. The problem is that if I refer to the state column in the visible property of the name column, it refers to the first row on the detail. Not to the row that the name column is on. I tried using computed column, but these need to be recalculated when the state column changes and this slows things down too much. Does anybody know if it's worth waiting for PB6.0, or is the n-up datawindow still working...

get column value in DW expression without column name
Hi everyone! I've got a common experssion that I'd like to put on every bold column property: I'd like set the column font to bold if the previous column value is equal to the current. As I have many columns, even dynamic columns, I don't know their name in order to set an expression like this: "if (col_name = col_name[-1], ...)" So any idea? Hi Matthieu, get all object names using the expression "datawindow.objects", split this tab separated list into single object names, check every object wether it is a column using the expression &quo...

How to get nested dw(report) column count and set column property at
How to get nested dw(report) column count and set column property at runtime? In article <35BF2396.74972542@public.szonline.net>, zhangyuh@public.szonline.net says... > How to get nested dw(report) column count and set column property at > runtime? > > > > Please see my response to your other posting in this newgroup. -- John Strano [TeamPS] Have a heart, http://home.sprynet.com/sprynet/JCredit/eds_stry.htm ...

How to get nested dw(report) column count and set column property at
How to get nested dw(report) column count and set column property at runtime? In article <35BF1672.BE14830C@public.szonline.net>, zhangyuh@public.szonline.net says... > How to get nested dw(report) column count and set column property at > runtime? > > > > Please see my response in the dw newgroup. Please do not post the same question in multiple newgroups. -- John Strano [TeamPS] Have a heart, http://home.sprynet.com/sprynet/JCredit/eds_stry.htm ...

How do I get the height property on a dw column-object?
Hi again. I have a column object in a header band in a freeform dw with the autosize heigth property set. My problem is to adjust the header band depending on the objects height. As known the header-band itself does'nt have an autosize heitght property, so I have to adjust this runtime in script. Well, as a start I try to read the columns height like this: String ls_height ls_height = dw_registrering.object.topptekst.height But this only returns the default height, not the height after autosizing! How can I find this? Oh, I'm using PB 6.5.1. Thanks in advance -...

problem with the datawindow Rows-Update Properties
i am trying to set up a datawindow for a table with a compound primary key where one of the columns is a datetime column (ASE 11.5) : xpkactivity_action_note clustered, unique activity_num, action_datetime, resource_id, activity_action_id The action_datetime column doesn't appear in the Unique Key Columns() list box in the Specify Update Properties which results in the update not working properly because the where clause is incorrect... (the column is in the Updateable Columns list). when i press the Primary Key button, it selects the other 3 columns. i can't find a...

datawindow.column.count not returning the column count of a datawindow
I am having problems with the datawindow.column.count property of a datawindow. It just started happening with PB 6.501 and still works fine in PB 5.0. The function that looks at this property is in an ancestor userobject. The dataobject is assigned at this point but all other properties of the datawindow are missing. Any suggestions? Don't recall, but was it still dwDescribe() in version 5.0? If it was that may be your problem. HTH Kent Montgomery wrote: > I am having problems with the datawindow.column.count property of a > datawindow. It just started happenin...

Required Column Object because of entry of another column object
How do I make a Column Object Required only if another column object has a certain filled in? For example: I have a Solution Drop down box, and ONLY if this field is not NULL, I wish to have the solution description column object required. Thanks. Put some code in the itemchanged event that, when the solution column is edited, sets the required attribute on the description column (adding it if a value is selected, removing it if the value is removed). FWIW, I color code required fields (slap me since color-blind people might not see that, but its the best way I can think of handl...

Get a columns column number
Hi All. How do I get the number of a column in a datawindow (PB9.0). The best I can come up with is as follows (there must be a simpler way!). n_cst_string lnv_cst_string String ls_columns Long ll_pos2, ll_columnNo ls_columns = idw_dw.Describe( 'datawindow.table.columns' ) ll_columnNo = 0 ll_pos2 = Pos(ls_columns, ls_columnName) If ll_pos2 > 0 Then ll_columnNo = inv_cst_string.of_CountOccurrences(Left(ls_columns, ll_pos2 - 1) , '~t', TRUE) + 1 dw_1.setItem(ll_newRow, 'intcolumnno', ll_columnNo) Thanks MB. You want the "ID" property,...

Web resources about - How to get a column property in a datawindow column object expression? - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Closed-form expression - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In mathematics , an expression is said to be a closed-form expression if it can be expressed analytically in terms of a finite number of certain ...

Carmen Sweet by Natalie Weir for Expressions Dance Company at the Q
Less is more in this powerfully impressive dance show. Carmen Sweet , Expressions Dance Company. Choreography: Natalie Weir. Music: Rodion Shchedrin​, ...

Joe Rogan's Facial Expression After Ronda Rousey Got Knocked Out Was Priceless - Bleacher Report
Joe Rogan 's face spoke for us all Saturday night. After UFC superstar Ronda Rousey got knocked out by a lethal kick from Holly Holm, the commentator ...

Jack Dorsey: 'Twitter stands for freedom of expression'
Newly-instated CEO Jack Dorsey laid out Twitter's commitment to open dialogue, in a keynote on stage at today's Twitter Flight developer conference ...

Make your technology a force for musical expression with this digital guitar
Computers, tablets, even iPhones have grown into powerful tools for music making, but for many who play guitar the bridge from analog instrument ...

Computers learn how to spot hidden facial expressions
Machines are good at spotting obvious emotions like smiles, but they're not so hot at detecting the extremely brief microexpressions that reveal ...

Turkey's YouTube Ban Violated Freedom Of Expression, European Court Rules
A YouTube ban in Turkey that lasted two years has now been ruled a violation of the European Convention on Human Rights. Back in 2008, a Turkish ...

Smile!: Impressive Real-Time Facial Expression Transfer
This is a video from Stanford University of a system developed to transfer one person's facial expressions in real time to a live video feed ...

How Facial Recognition Uses Super-Simple Patterns to Understand Your Expression
Facial recognition systems use all kinds of clever software to work out who you are and even how you’re feeling. But in this video explainer, ...

Expressions of Solidarity for France in Red, White and Blue
ABC News Expressions of Solidarity for France in Red, White and Blue ABC News This photograph made available on Saturday Nov. 14, 2015, shows ...