How to create dynamic columns in the Datawindow Using powerbuilder

Hi,
Can any one let me know How to create dynamic columns in the data window
using modified method.

Thanks in Advance
Rami

0
Ramireddy

Please refer "Datawindow Syntax" tool provided by sybase for
generating the syntax to create dynamic columns.

/*************Dynamic column Syntax
<DW Control Name>.Modify(&
"create  column( id=<an integer> tabsequence=<an integer>
accelerator='<a single letter>' moveable=<0 - False, 1 -
True> resizeable=<0 - False, 1 - True> pointer='<Arrow!,
Cross!, HourGlass!, IBeam!, Icon!, Size!, SizeNESW!,
SizeNS!, SizeNWSE!, SizeWE!, UpArrow!, or cursor filename
(with path)>' band=<Detail, Footer, Header, Header.<group
#>, Summary, Trailer.<group #>, Background, Foreground>"  +
&
" x='<an integer>' y='<an integer>' bitmapname=<Yes or No>
criteria.dialog=<Yes or No> criteria.override_edit=<Yes or
No> format='<constant string containing display format
(i.e., [general]) for col (can also be an expression)>'
alignment='<0 - Left, 1 - Right, 2 - Center>'
criteria.required=<Yes or No> height.autosize=<Yes or No>
border='<0 - None, 1- Shadow, 2 - Box, 3 - Resize, 4 -
Underline, 5 - 3D Lowered, 6 - 3D Raised>' color='<a long>'
tag='<string>'"+&
" background.mode='<0 - Opaque, 1 - Transparent>'
background.color='<a long>' font.face='<name of type face
(i.e., SYSTEM, COURIER)>' font.height='<negative number for
points, positive number for PBUs (i.e., -10 = 10 points, 10
= 10 PBUs>' font.weight='<400 - Normal, 700 - Bold>'
font.family='<0 - AnyFont, 1 - Roman, 2 - Swiss, 3 - Modern,
4 - Script, 5 - Decorative>' font.pitch='<0 - default, 1 -
Fixed, 2 - Variable>' font.charset='<0 - Ansi, 1 - default,
2 - Symbol, 128 - Shift JIS, 255 - OEM>' font.italic='<0 -
False, 1 - True>' font.strikethrough='<0 - False, 1 - True>'
font.underline='<0 - False, 1 - True>' html.link='<URL (with
or without parameters) that is used to generate a link for
each row of the particular column>' html.linktarget='<Target
frame or window that is used to as part of the generated
link for each row of the particular column>'
html.linkargs='<argName>='<expr>' [<argName>='<expr>']
...'"+&
"  edit.validatecode=<Yes or No> edit.focusrectangle=<Yes or
No> edit.format=<constant string containing display format
(i.e., [general]) for col (can also be an expression)>
edit.nilisnull=<Yes or No> edit.password=<Yes or No>
edit.required=<Yes or No> edit.hscrollbar=<Yes or No>
edit.limit=<max number of chars the user can type (0 -
32767)> edit.codetable=<Yes or No> edit.displayonly=<Yes or
No> edit.autovscroll=<Yes or No> edit.case=<Any, Upper or
Lower> edit.autohscroll=<Yes or No> edit.autoselect=<Yes or
No> edit.vscrollbar=<Yes or No> edit.name='<repository style
name, if any>') ")
/**************End

> Hi,
> Can any one let me know How to create dynamic columns in
> the data window  using modified method.
>
> Thanks in Advance
> Rami

0
Ajaz

Can datawindows created in Powerbuilder be used?
Hi all, does anyone know if datawindows created in older versions of Powerbuilder can be used in datawindow.net? If they can, which version of Powerbuilder can the datawindows be created in? Could I for instance take an existing datawindow created in Powerbuilder 7 and use it in a .net app without any modification? Thanks for any help you can give. Steve. Yes they can. They need to be migrated to the version of DataWindow ..NET that you are using, but the DataWindow Designer that comes with the product will do that for you. Note: OLE and Rich Text DataWindows are not sup...

Use PowerBuilder DLL in PowerBuilder

creating dynamic datawindow using create...
I am using the create statement to create a dynamic datawindow that will be of type Group. When a datawindow is created of type Group the title(if added to the create statement)/date/ and page numbering are automatically added. The only downfall is that the items automatically added have no names associated to them. Unfortunately I need a name to represent the line of datawindow code so that I can change x/y coordinates and other properties of the object. If you have any idea as to how i can add a name to already created datawindow syntax objects such as Text, and Computed fields ...

Creating DLLs using Visual Objects for use in PowerBuilder
Hi All, Has anybody created a DLL with visual objects in Power++ ? < ---- Part of this post contains text (modified) from an earlier post of mine ---- > I have run into the following problem on this. 1. I open a new project 2. I add a new DLL target (and delete the EXE) 3. I add a plain form Form1 (since the default Form1 is deleted by deleting the EXE) 4. I add a new File test.cpp to the target, and in that the only statements I add is #include "form1.hpp" I Run->Build File at this stage and I get the following compile error in Form1....

Dynamically creating columns in a datawindow
Hi all, I am trying to dynamically add columns to a datawindow and I am running into some problems. The columns that I am creating are NOT database columns but instead are part of a manual result set. Essentially, I am trying to use the datawindow like a spreadsheet, but I do not know up front how may columns I will need. I use the datawindow painter to create an object with a small number of columns. I then delete those columns in the datawindow painter and use the modify() function with the create syntax to start adding in the columns that I want. All goes well until I add one...

how to dynamic create a column in datawindow?
As subject Thanks Use Modify (...) function, with CREATE control syntax. See more in PowerBuilder help for Modify function. "Ivan Lai" <ivanlai@schednet.com> wrote in message news:dwurxesKBHA.275@forums.sybase.com... > As subject > > Thanks > > > but the error is occur when I change the ID values to greater than 1. Why? Thanks "Wendell Rios" <walmeida@tecnotrends.com.br> ���g��l�� news:SrXQ0BxKBHA.201@forums.sybase.com... > Use Modify (...) function, with CREATE control syntax. See more in > PowerBuil...

how to dynamic create a column in the datawindow?
why i cant create a column in the dw using this script "Create column(band=detail id=57 alignment='0' tabsequence=30 border='0' color= '0' x='700' y='10' height='96' width='58' format='[general]' name=call_notes edit.limit=0 edit.case=any edit.focusrectangle=no edit.autoselect=yes font.face='MS Sans Serif' font.height='-8' font.weight='400' font.family='2' font.pitch='2' font.charset='0' background.mode='2' background.color='16777215')" return err...

Error trying to use a datawindow created using CREATE
Should it be possible to do the following in 5.0.04: u_dw ldw integer li_Result ldw = create u_dw ldw.dataobject = "dw_test" li_Result = ldw.of_SetTransObject( SQLCA ) li_Result = ldw.retrieve() destroy ldw The of_SetTransobject fails with a -1. The following also fails: datawindow ldw integer li_Result ldw = create datawindow ldw.dataobject = "dw_test" li_Result = ldw.SetTransObject( SQLCA ) li_Result = ldw.retrieve() destroy ldw The following works: n_dw lds integer li_Result lds= create n_dw lds.dataobject = "dw_test" li_...

creating new columns in a datawindow dynamically
Hello, I got the following problem. I want to create a new column in a datawindow at runtime. I have copied the syntax to create the new column from an exported dw: dw_1.Modify('create column(band=detail id=2 alignment="2" tabsequence=10 border="5" color="0" x="216" y="3" height="54" width="194" format="[general]" name=spalte2 visible="1~t0" edit.limit=0 edit.case=any edit.autoselect=yes font.face="MS Sans Serif" font.height="-8" font.weight="400" font.fami...

Powerbuilder crashes when opening or creating datawindow
Powerbuilder crashes when I try to open or create a new datawindow in Pb9.0 I get this error AppName: pb90.exe AppVer: 9.0.0.5507 ModName: pbdev90.dll ModVer: 9.0.0.5507 Offset: 0002d23c Please help! Delete the registry key [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sybase\PowerBuilder\9.0\Layout\Default] "Datawindow"="" PB will automatically recreate it. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/ http://www.pb9books.com product enhancement requests: http://www.isug.com/cgi-bin/ISUG2/submit_enhancement <kith> wrote in mes...

dynamically creating a datawindow using syntaxfromsql
i'm dynamically creating a datawindow using syntaxfromsql to create a datawindow object. i then import data into the datawindow that will be saved as an excel spreadsheet. my code looks something like this: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------- string ls_SQL, ls_Errors datawindow ldw_Excel ls_SQL = "SELECT '' as "headername1", '' as "headername2", ect. FROM sometable ls_SQL = SQLCA.SyntaxFromSQL(ls_SQL, '', ls_Errors) ldw_Excel = CREATE...

Could not add datawindow using powerbuilder 7
I have selected a new datawindow but was not added. Even tried to add objects but was failed to do so. There were no errors generated. I was able to add object or datawiindows before but after I have re- installed my powerbuilder this problem occurs. Please help. Thanks... ...

Column Attributes in dynamically created datawindow?
I have a data window control which is populated "on the fly" from a query which will return varying numbers of columns. I would like to be able to set column attributes such as alignment and font for each of the columns. Can anyone tell me how to do this? I have tried: For I = 1 to NumberofColumns dw_8.object.#I.Alignment = 2 Next but it always chokes. Thanks, Dan Bray Dan, What do you mean by "chokes"? Do you get the error accessing property error? Alternatively, you can do: ls_objects = dw_8.Object.DataWindow.Objects to get a li...

Web resources about - How to create dynamic columns in the Datawindow Using powerbuilder - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles