How to Control a Window from other Window

Hi,

I have a window with a complex customer datawindow report
(wr_report.dw_report)...

Now, I need to automatize the printing of these reports.

I will try explain in a simply way....

I've created a "controler window" with a reference to the "report
window"

	w_report wr
	wr = create w_report

I assing values from the "controler window" to the "report window".

        wr.t_from = x
        wr.t_ultil = y
        wr.t_customer = z

        wr.load_data()
        wr.print_data()

On Debug I can see the parameters are right asigned... From "Outside"
I can call the funtions to prepare date and parameters are ok... but
if I launch the retrieve function of the datawindow from outside, from
the "controller window" the retrieve dont works...

Any Idea?

Kind Regards...

0
ik

Create is for NVOs, Open is for windows.
If the report window is already open, you should be able to just refer to
it - just be sure to test first with IsValid.

--
Report Bugs: http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/welcome.do
Product Enhancement Requests:

"ik@rus" <pedro.vaquero@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have a window with a complex customer datawindow report
> (wr_report.dw_report)...
>
> Now, I need to automatize the printing of these reports.
>
> I will try explain in a simply way....
>
> I've created a "controler window" with a reference to the "report
> window"
>
> w_report wr
> wr = create w_report
>
> I assing values from the "controler window" to the "report window".
>
>        wr.t_from = x
>        wr.t_ultil = y
>        wr.t_customer = z
>
>        wr.load_data()
>        wr.print_data()
>

> On Debug I can see the parameters are right asigned... From "Outside"
> I can call the funtions to prepare date and parameters are ok... but
> if I launch the retrieve function of the datawindow from outside, from
> the "controller window" the retrieve dont works...
>
> Any Idea?
>
> Kind Regards...

0
Jerry
4/1/2009 5:50:21 PM
On 1 abr, 19:50, "Jerry Siegel [TeamSybase]"
<jNOsSPAMsiegel@yahoo!.com> wrote:
> Create is for NVOs, Open is for windows.
> If the report window is already open, you should be able to just refer to
> it - just be sure to test first with IsValid.
>
> --
> Report Bugs:http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/welcome.do
> Product Enhancement Requests:http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhanc=
ement

> "ik@rus" <pedro.vaqu...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > Hi,
>
> > I have a window with a complex customer datawindow report
> > (wr_report.dw_report)...
>
> > Now, I need to automatize the printing of these reports.
>
> > I will try explain in a simply way....
>
> > I've created a "controler window" with a reference to the "report
> > window"
>
> > w_report wr
> > wr =3D create w_report
>
> > I assing values from the "controler window" to the "report window".
>
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0wr.t_from =3D x
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0wr.t_ultil =3D y
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0wr.t_customer =3D z
>
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0wr.load_data()
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0wr.print_data()
>
> > On Debug I can see the parameters are right asigned... From "Outside"
> > I can call the funtions to prepare date and parameters are ok... but
> > if I launch the retrieve function of the datawindow from outside, from
> > the "controller window" the retrieve dont works...
>
> > Any Idea?
>
> > Kind Regards...

How can I open and control a Window in Background (not visible)?
0
ik
4/2/2009 7:22:37 AM
If it's not visible, why use a window in the first place? Why not a Non
Visual Object?

--

On 1 abr, 19:50, "Jerry Siegel [TeamSybase]"
<jNOsSPAMsiegel@yahoo!.com> wrote:
> Create is for NVOs, Open is for windows.
> If the report window is already open, you should be able to just refer to
> it - just be sure to test first with IsValid.
>
> --
> Report Bugs:http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/welcome.do
> Product Enhancement
> Requests:http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement
>
> "ik@rus" <pedro.vaqu...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > Hi,
>
> > I have a window with a complex customer datawindow report
> > (wr_report.dw_report)...
>
> > Now, I need to automatize the printing of these reports.
>
> > I will try explain in a simply way....
>
> > I've created a "controler window" with a reference to the "report
> > window"
>
> > w_report wr
> > wr = create w_report
>
> > I assing values from the "controler window" to the "report window".
>
> > wr.t_from = x
> > wr.t_ultil = y
> > wr.t_customer = z
>
> > wr.load_data()
> > wr.print_data()
>
> > On Debug I can see the parameters are right asigned... From "Outside"
> > I can call the funtions to prepare date and parameters are ok... but
> > if I launch the retrieve function of the datawindow from outside, from
> > the "controller window" the retrieve dont works...
>
> > Any Idea?
>
> > Kind Regards...

How can I open and control a Window in Background (not visible)?

0
Jerry
4/2/2009 1:23:32 PM
And now that I'm a bit more awake that sure sounds like a DataStore.

--

"Jerry Siegel [TeamSybase]" <jNOsSPAMsiegel@yahoo!.com> wrote in message
> If it's not visible, why use a window in the first place? Why not a Non
> Visual Object?
>
> --
> Report Bugs: http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/welcome.do
> Product Enhancement Requests:
> http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement
>
> "ik@rus" <pedro.vaquero@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On 1 abr, 19:50, "Jerry Siegel [TeamSybase]"
> <jNOsSPAMsiegel@yahoo!.com> wrote:
>> Create is for NVOs, Open is for windows.
>> If the report window is already open, you should be able to just refer to
>> it - just be sure to test first with IsValid.
>>
>> --
>> Report Bugs:http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/welcome.do
>> Product Enhancement
>> Requests:http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement
>>
>> "ik@rus" <pedro.vaqu...@gmail.com> wrote in message

>> > Hi,
>>
>> > I have a window with a complex customer datawindow report
>> > (wr_report.dw_report)...
>>
>> > Now, I need to automatize the printing of these reports.
>>
>> > I will try explain in a simply way....
>>
>> > I've created a "controler window" with a reference to the "report
>> > window"
>>
>> > w_report wr
>> > wr = create w_report
>>
>> > I assing values from the "controler window" to the "report window".
>>
>> > wr.t_from = x
>> > wr.t_ultil = y
>> > wr.t_customer = z
>>
>> > wr.load_data()
>> > wr.print_data()
>>
>> > On Debug I can see the parameters are right asigned... From "Outside"
>> > I can call the funtions to prepare date and parameters are ok... but
>> > if I launch the retrieve function of the datawindow from outside, from
>> > the "controller window" the retrieve dont works...
>>
>> > Any Idea?
>>
>> > Kind Regards...
>
> How can I open and control a Window in Background (not visible)?

0
Jerry

Control parent window from Popup window
Hi I open a popup window by clicking a button in a form. I want that, as soon as the popup window is closed the parent window should navigate to a another page. Be nice to geeks, you might end up working for onePlease hit "MARK AS ANSWER" if I made you smile today ;) To access the parent you can use "opener". opener.document.location.href = 'http://www.asp.net';Shane BauerMCP - ASP.NET hi, the parent window:   <asp:Button ID="Button1" runat="server" Text="Button" OnClientClick ="PopupWindow()"/>  <script type ="text/javascript" >   ...

most of glass part of window cannot control window
Name: Josh Smith Email: JoshS91athotmaildotcom Product: Minefield Summary: most of glass part of window cannot control window Comments: In Explorer, any part of the glass can be dragged to move the window, or double-clicked to maximize the window. In Minefield, only the title bar can do this, and there is no clear transition between the title bar and the rest of the glass. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.3a4pre) Gecko/20100326 Minefield/3.7a4pre (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendri...

Child windows open under window controls
We are converting a pb7 app to pb10. I notice that child windows now open under any existing controls on the window. I.e. datawindows, etc... This is different than pb7 behavior, and is a pain. Anybody know of a fix for this? I can work around the problem by putting a BringToTop=True in the open event of the windows, but it sure seems like strange behavior. thx its fixed in 10.0.1 [Change Request#: 360192] Thanks for the info. Upgraded to 10.2 and the problem is fixed. > its fixed in 10.0.1 [Change Request#: 360192] ...

Windows handle of a PowerBuilder object in WINDOW XP
Hi all, I have powerbuilder application. In the pb code flow if handle(w_win) >0 then //message end if ; When I try to run an executable version of my PB application in windows xp operating system, I am getting following error message and application crash. Error text = Unresolvable external w_win when linking reference. "handle" function support windows XP operating system ? Thanks Leela ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp Sure does. pbm_thisusuallydoesnothelp:-)) Philip Salgannik ...

Fire an event of a window from a control of another window.
Good afternoon everyone, Is it possible to fire an control's event of a window from another different window's control. i.e. I have window A and window B. Window A has a Save button and window B has a Find button. What I want to do is When I hit Save button in Window A, this action should fire the clicked event in the Find button of the other Window. Any comment is appreciated. Thank you in advance. Sonny In article <36AF78DA.655628C1@erols.com>, sonnydo@erols.com says... > Good afternoon everyone, > > Is it possible to fire an control's event...

Embedding windows Form into Windows Control Library
hi all.i m trying to create a windows control library  and embedding it into web application.i want to embed windows form into  windows control library.is it possible.plz help me out  Hi, Based on your description, I understand that you need to embed a windows form into a windows control library and use the form in a web application. If there is any misunderstanding, please feel free to let me know. We can put a windows form into a windows control library. It is possible. Here are the steps 1. Right click on the windows control library project and select Add New Item.2. A...

triggering events of a window control from another window
Hi, I'm trying to trigger the "clicked" event of a command button on a window from another window. I made it by using a child window with this script in its close event: parentwindow().control[2].triggerevent("clicked") This works but I must know the index (in this case 2) of the control[] array in the first window associated with the command button. I would like to know how to obtain this index at runtime, or if there is another way to do the same without using a child window with the "parentwindow().control[]" notation. Thanks To ...

design probelm
Dear All, I'm facing a design problem on a project I'm doing and was wondering if someone has some ideas on whether it is possible to implement the following in ASP.NET using VB.It is regarding the transfer of data between a webpage in a window to another webpage in another window, both originating from the same server witihn the same ASP app.Never done this before and have no idea how to do it and by now I'm questioning if it can be done the way I have in mind. I have a page named search.aspx (window 1) where I want the result set to appear. I have three options to look f...

how do i create a pop window that interacts with the main window, and other windows
i need a to code a popup window that will interact with the main window and other windows when i say interact, i mean that if a button in the form is clicked than it will disable buttons in other pages or fill buttons in other pages via the popup(wizard) window i am using C# to code in visual web developer 2005 i dont know javascript or jscript A person could use AJAX which eliminates the need for JavaScript. AJX-model popup Hope this helps DK Check here for a complete sample using a Modal Dialog: http://forums.asp.net/t/1018312.aspx NC... You will need to use the window.op...

Windows Login Windows
When users login to my network, they login to the client, but when they login, they get the Windows login screen. Is there a script or something that I could use to stop this from coming up? I am currently using a Windows 2000 Server with Active Directory and each user created in Active Directory with the same passwords to eliminate the windows from coming up. My client version is 4.83e. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! ObiWan217 ObiWan923048290340392482093482840238, The Novell GINA will pass the name and password to the MSGINA by default. ...

How to pass a web controll from child window to parent window.
Hi, there, I used javascript fuction window.open( ) to open a child window. In the child window, I have a FileUpload controll to browse a file that will be uploaded to the server in the parent window. In the parent window, I have a event handler to upload the file coming from FileUpload controll of the child window. How can I pass the FileUpload controll from the child window to the parent window? Thanks, Jack Won't work. The page with the control has to do the upload. NC...  ...

Dynamically Resize Window and Controls based on Windows Environment
Hello all, I'm looking for Dynamically resizing the windows and controls based on Environment (like XP, Windows 2000) Currently our windows are designed 640X480 now we want to go for 1024X768 if there is some scripts are if anybody already did can suggest some ideas we really appreciate it. We use old PowerTools....and migrating from 6.5 to 9.0.1 or 10.0 later "Verticent" <support@verticent.com> wrote: > I'm looking for Dynamically resizing the windows and controls based on > Environment (like XP, Windows 2000) > > Currently our wind...

How do we disable only the Windows Close Icon from the Control Menu of a window.
Hi, The users of a system which I support require the close icon "X" on a particular window to be removed or disabled. We could diable the Minimize or Maximize buttons or the entire Control Menu. But I could not find a way to remove the close icon alone. Thanks Sujatha. hi, Here are two methods to do this. 1- use this , **globals ext. func.** FUNCTION BOOLEAN EnableMenuItem(UINT hmenu, UINT d, UINT s) library "user32.dll" FUNCTION UINT GetSystemMenu(UINT i_hwnd, BOOLEAN f) library "user32.dll" **to disable the close box.** uint hsysme...

Adding existing windows/data windows to a tab control
I have an existing app that opens multiple windows upon different events. I looks pretty messy and for navigation clarity I'd like to put them in to a tab control. Is there a clean cut and paste method to do this? Such as creating the tab control page and pasting the existing windows/datawindows. -Thank you Corey Hutch ...

Web resources about - How to Control a Window from other Window - sybase.powerbuilder.general

The ACLU backs using the terror watch list for gun control, but only “with major reform”
... did say, through a spokesperson, that the watch list would need “major reforms” in order to be used as an effective tool for gun control and ...

With gun control off-limits, politicians want tech sector to fight terror
... very next day, the Senate voted against a measure that would have barred gun sales to people on federal terror watchlists. Another gun-control ...

Obama calls for better gun control, and for tech companies to help fight terrorism
President Barack Obama all but called out encryption in a 15-minute Address to the Nation speech on Sunday night. The President touched on various ...

Obama speaks on ISIS, gun control, tolerance in Oval Office address - Videos - CBS News
In a primetime speech Sunday night, President Obama said the terror attack in San Bernardino, California, shows terrorism is now in a new phase. ...

Porsche To Mission E Control: We Are Clear For Launch!
... handling of a Porsche. The contrast seemed to start early cries of the Mission E being the next Tesla [&hellip Porsche To Mission E Control: ...

EU could soon have border controls
EU ministers have agreed to press ahead with plans to suspend the Schengen passport-free travel zone, the FT reports.

Windows 10 vs. OS X: Which gives sys admins more control?
Nearly everything can be managed as if it were a mobile device, using APIs at the operating system for assured reach and consistent implementation ...

CNN's Smerconish Brings On GOP Ratf*er Karl Rove To Opine Over Partisan Divide On Gun Control
... was time to pray. The New York Daily News ran a controversial cover noting that God wouldn't fix this. Democrats again made calls for gun control. ...

The Solution Isn’t As Simple As Gun Control
... latest column over at the Daily Beast details how, in the wake of the San Bernardino shootings, Democrats were quick to pounce on the gun control ...