How do I use newer ActiveX controls in PB 6.5???

I'd like to use Microsoft Web Browser OCX component but PB 6.5 does not
recognize any of its properties.  This is true for several newer components
that I have, while older ones work fine.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Steve Griffin

0
Steve

PowerBuilder Bugs: Using VB ActiveX control (OCX) in PowerBuilder 6.0
I'm going to write some VB ActiveX control (using Microsoft VB6.0 SP3) to be used in PowerBuiler 6.5, but I found that it's very easy to crash in PowerBuilder, Here is the test case: 1) Create a very simple VB ActiveX control (only one button without any script) in Visual Basic 2) Create a PB project to open a Main Window (w_1) with an ole object of VB ActiveX control 3) Open another Window (w_2) with an ole object of VB ActiveX control (can be same as previous or other control) 4) Click the OLE object in w_2 to make it get focus 5) Close w_2 -> it will crashed If ...

How to use method activeX control in PB (Newbie using ActiveX)
Hi all, This is the first time I'm using activeX in my application, does anyone can helpme with these problem. How to use method in activeX because I've got example that come with the ocx file only with VB6 and I don't know how to used it with PB7. ------------ Call ActiveX_name.CopyTable(filename As String,Creator As String,SDDI_plugin_name As String, CreateFlag As Integer, VersionMajor As Integer, VersionMinor As Integer) ------------ THX -- ebr ...

PB 6.5.1 and ActiveX controls
I'm new to PowerBuilder and would like to know if there are known limitations in ActiveX control hosting in PB. So far we have only done some tests with Delphi. Although the control does work properly, we are experiencing problems when closing the window where the control has been inserted (an unhandled exception appears). Otherwise our control works properly in whatever container you like except PB. I'm looking for good resources about what can and cannot be done when you're implementing an ActiveX control. Our preferred method should be Visual C++ in the near future....

Migrate PB 6.5.1, PFC and Cornerstone 6.5 to Powerbuilder 7.
Hello! I am now working with PB 6.5.1, PFC 6.5 and Cornerstone 6.5. What is best way to go: Migrate whole application including PFC*.PBL 6.5 to 7 or replace PFC*.PBL from 6.5 with PFC*.PBL 7.0 or ...? Any documents, links or readings about how to eliminate Cornerstone and only use PFC? Thank you for your help /Gunnar Nyberg Ericsson Sweden ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp Why would you want to do that? You do have the source to Cornerstone, right? Or did they distribute their framework only as PBDs? ...

BUG!!!! ?? Using Stored Procedure with PB 6.5 and MS SQL Server 6.5.
I have some stored procedures on my DBMS, MS SQL Server 6.5. After upgrading to PB 6.5 I cannot assign any of my stored procedures to a datawindow. What the .... is wrong. Is it my installation? Is it PB 6.5? In fact it is serious as my reports are not running. Any comments are appreciated. Thomas Door Maersk Data AS What is the error you are getting, maybe we could help you then. Randy Thomas D��r <thd@maerskdata.dk> wrote in article <CoL4foOz9GA.276@forums.powersoft.com>... > I have some stored procedures on my DBMS, MS SQL Server 6.5. After upgrading ...

Informix + PB 6.5: which I-Net for PB 6.5?
Hi, I want to migrate our PB4/ PB 5.01 16 bit Informix applications to 32bit. Which version of CLI/I-Connect and which PB 6.5 build do you recomend me? We are using 7.13 and 7.30 OnLine. TIA Pepa PS. I need ISO 8859.2 <-> ISO latin 2 (1250) conversion. We use the latest INFORMIX-Connect v 7.2 drivers for our PB 6.5 apps. These drivers are available for free download (actually INFORMIX-Client SDK, of which INFORMIX-Connect is the runtime component) from the Informix website ...

How to Use Shockwave OLE insert control? (PB 6.5)
After choosing SHOCKWAVE as the OLE insert control... I can't figure out how to tell it what shockwave file to use WITHIN shockwave. please help! Email mail me with the response... Thanks, Sam Aaron saah@mail.com ...

What to upgrade my PB 6.5 to PB 6.5.1 ?
What to upgrade my PB 6.5 to PB 6.5.1 ? Where I can donwload the upgrade pack ? thanks Go to http://support.sybase.com select Software Distribution, log on, select Powerbuilder and then pick PB 6.5.1 maintenance patch. Harpreet Netvigator wrote in message ... >What to upgrade my PB 6.5 to PB 6.5.1 ? Where I can donwload the upgrade >pack ? > >thanks > > Go to Sybase Developers Network (http://www.sybase.com/sdn) and look for the patches link. Good luck, Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techno-kitten On Thu, 5 Aug 1999 23:02:22 +0800, &quo...

What to upgrade my PB 6.5 to PB 6.5.1 ?
What to upgrade my PB 6.5 to PB 6.5.1 ? What file I can download and Where is this file ? thanks http://sdn.sybase.com/sdn/appdev/get_doc.stm?loc=1001286 On Thu, 5 Aug 1999 23:03:18 +0800, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.database Netvigator <kevinlcw@ctimail.com> wrote: >What to upgrade my PB 6.5 to PB 6.5.1 ? What file I can download and Where >is this file ? > >thanks > > --- Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] | Romac/Source International mailto:Bruce.Armstrong@teamsybase.com | mailto:jobs@sourcela.com ...

Can the PB 6.5 or 6.5.1 maintenance release be ran on PB 6.0
Yes. ...

PB 6.5 datawindow using ora 8.x sp using pb 7.3 dll
Hi, We are having Oracle 8.x setup on Windows NT. We have develop an application in Power builder 6.5 using oracle store procedure. When we run the application ,connection is established to oracle server using pb 7.3 drivers. But as soon as we access the datawindow which uses store procedures It gives Windows NT Dr Watson Error. I am not able to trace out this error message. I like to connect PB6.5 to Oracle 8.x with pb6 oracle 8 dll. If any one can specify from where I can download this files. Waiting for reply. Thanks Rahul Rahul 1. I use the O73 driver in 6.5 ...

Bugs and Problems when using ActiveX ole controls in PB 6/7/8
Hello, fellows, I am trying using ActiveX controls in PB6.5, but when I want to get the properties or call the methods of the activex control, I cannot get the correct string when working in Chinese envirnment. The data type of the properties and the methods of the activex control is string. I have no such problem when the string is english. I test this in PB7 and PB8 also, I have the same problem. I know that the ActiveX control is created by VC++ and in VC++, the data type of all these properties and method of the control is "BSTR". Infact, I think, every ActiveX c...

VB 5.0-based ActiveX control in PB 6.0 (build 189)
Has anyone had luck using a VB 5.0-generated ActiveX control into a PB 6.0 (build 189) window? Even simple VB-based ActiveX controls (e.g., a label control) choke, even when simply being placed on a window (error hex 80004005). Same problem when the window is opened from the library painter. When the window runs, I get a PB run-time error 445 (object doesn't support this action), even though my PB app makes NO calls to the ActiveX. Any ideas? thanks, nurk. -- Tom Nurkkala, PhD tom.nurkkala@powercerv.com ...

Help Please
We're attempting to include a VB Active X control in a PB 6.5 application. We've included the necessary dll's along with it. When running the application in both development mode and as an executeable, we open the application, open the window that the control is on (without "touching" the control), exit PowerBuilder, and our application gpf's. If running in development mode, PB gpfs when we attempt to restart it. If we don't go into the window where the Active X control is located, everything works fine. The gpf we're getting appears to be a VB dll, ...

Web resources about - How do I use newer ActiveX controls in PB 6.5??? - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Mt Martha fire under control
A watch and act warning has been issued for Mount Martha and Balcombe after a bushfire threatened homes on Saturday.

Widow of ‘American Sniper’ Chris Kyle Confronts Obama on Gun Control
Taya Kyle, widow of American Sniper Chris Kyle, took on President Barack Obama at a town hall on guns on Thursday.

Chipotle Sued For Not Disclosing Food Quality Control Problems To Stockholders
... afternoon . According to Reuters , the lawsuit claims that the burrito chain hurt investors by failing to let them know that “quality controls ...

Lyin' Ryan Shoots Blanks At Gun Control Policies
When President Barack Obama issued the executive order for reasonable gun control policies by closing the loophole regarding background checks, ...

Volvo Updates Its Car Control App With Voice Commands
Volvo owners will be able to turn on the heat, lock the car and other tasks using voice commands through a smartband for the first time.

OBAMA DOUBLES DOWN President defends gun control actions, hits NRA
OBAMA DOUBLES DOWN President defends gun control actions, hits NRA

Clinton and Sanders Trading Blows on Gun Control
Washington Post Clinton and Sanders Trading Blows on Gun Control ABC News Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton during the CNN Democratic presidential ...

Taya Kyle to Obama: Why do we need more gun control when the murder rate has declined?
... the White House) that a skeptic was allowed to speak at what was mainly an Obama photo op, it’s an easy point to answer if you favor more control. ...

Implant That Controls Sperm With On/Off Switch Could Become A Thing
... out of the pages of a sci-fi novel. A German carpenter named Clemens Bimek has invented a form of male contraception meant to let men control ...