How do I pass a retrieval argument to a datawindow's computed field that is a user defined function in MS SQL Server 2000

This works:
  SELECT study.study_number,
         study.entrydate,
         dbo.f_abstract('ABC') as c_abstract
    FROM study

This DOES NOT Work
  SELECT study.study_number,
         study.entrydate,
         dbo.f_abstract(:ra_code) as c_abstract
    FROM study

I get the error Select Error SQLSTATE = 37000

I am using Powerbuilder 6.51
MS SQL Server 2000

Andrew

Failed to generate a user instance of SQL Server due to failure in retrieving the user's local application data path. Please make sure the user has a local user profile on the computer. The connection
This is my first time to deploy an asp.net2 web site. Everything is working fine on my local computer but when i published the web site on a remote computer i get the error "Failed to generate a user instance of SQL Server due to failure in retrieving the user's local application data path. Please make sure the user has a local user profile on the computer. The connection will be closed" (only in pages that try to access the database) Help pleaseee Hi You could take a look at this : http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=152338&SiteID=1Sincerely,Young Fang Hi ...

Invoking a SQL Server user-defined function via SQL passed to Informix
==========Background==========My colleague and I are using MS Reporting Services to create reports based upon data extracted from an Informix database.  In several reports, we have the need to parse the contents of a variable length field in order to extract a variable length foreign key value. Note that the key value is of variable length and embedded within a string that's also of variable length. ==========Question==========Given the fact that we aren't allowed to add anything within the back-end Informix environment, we wrote a SQL Server user defined function that can extract a v...

User Defined functions on MS SQL-server
Doesn't powerbuilder 9 support UDF on SQL server. Thanks Kjell Brandes I personally know of 1 bug involving a datawindow source using a UDF. In general they should be supported. Searching the newsgroups might be useful. It is likely (though I am guessing) that the MSS interface may not support their use. "Kjell Brandes" <kjell.brandes@semcon.se> wrote in message news:40505991$1@forums-1-dub... > Doesn't powerbuilder 9 support UDF on SQL server. > > Thanks > Kjell Brandes > > ...

Failed to generate a user instance of SQL Server due to failure in retrieving the user's local application data path
I installed my asp.net 2.0 web application  and sql express june editon on my windows 2003 server.When the application tries to reach the database i am getting the following error"Failed to generate a user instance of SQL Server due to failure in retrieving the user's local application data path. Please make sure the user has a local user profile on the computer. The connection will be closed."I can understand that it has something to do with user right but more than that I am pretty lost. Can anyone translate this error for me and give me some tips on what do to.I checked first the use...

PowerBuilder, connecting to MS SQL Server using MSS native driver: A field which is defined as a varchar (450) is truncated to 255 characters in PowerBuilder
PowerBuilder, connecting to MS SQL Server using MSS native driver: A field which is defined as a varchar (450) is truncated to 255 characters in PowerBuilder I am using Power Builder 7.0 with SQL Server 2000 Database. I created a datawindow using a varchar(450) field. It is allowing me enter and save 450 characters but when I retrieved the data it is truncating it to 255 chars. I looked in the database all 450 characters are there. Why it is truncating the data on retrieve? Please help me out if anybody knows the solution Thanks in advance because the native interface (Micr...

Please Help *** Failed to generate a user instance of SQL Server due to failure in retrieving the user's local application data path
Hi all hope some one can help - please bear with me new to this Basically I have had to change pc's so I copied and pasted my ASPNET.MDF and LDF from my old pc to new PC including webpages/apps etc.. created. However now all I get is "Failed to generate a user instance of SQL Server due to failure in retrieving the user's local application data path """" Just don't understand what permissions the db should have, does it need to match the SQL Express owner...   any help would be most appreciated   Thanks   Chris  &n...

Help convert MS Access function to MS SQL User Defined Function
I have this function in access I need to be able to use in ms sql.  Having problems trying to get it to work.  The function gets rid of the leading zeros if the field being past dosn't have any non number characters.For example:TrimZero("000000001023") > "1023"TrimZero("E1025") > "E1025"TrimZero("000000021021") > "21021"TrimZero("R5545") > "R5545"Here is the function that works in access:Public Function TrimZero(strField As Variant) As String   Dim strReturn As String   If IsNull(strField) = True Then      strReturn = "" ...

Using user defined function in computed field in datawindow
I want to use my defined function in computed field in datawindow but the 'expression is not valid' message show after I clicked OK. How can I do this? Thanks Thaworn R. You can use global functions in the expressions of computed fields. You can't use functions that are defined in a user-object... Paul Horan VCI Springfield, MA thawornr <defaultuser@domain.com> wrote in message news:37868B05.49832C24@domain.com... > I want to use my defined function in computed field in datawindow > but the 'expression is not valid' message show afte...

User-Defined functions (Microsoft SQL Server 2000)
Hello Currently PowerDesigner (version 9.5.1) handles UDFs as Procedures. Will this be changed in future releases (and when if would)? Thank you Martin Rakhmanoff UDFs and Procedures are similar enough that the are bundled together. There is a switch in each object you define where you can tell if it is a function or a procedure. The only difference is that the function has a single return value. PowerDesigner understands how to generate the syntax correctly. AFAIK, there are no plans to separate functions out from procedures. -- Michael F. Nicewarner [TeamSybase] ...

How to pass a function's addrss to DLL's function
How to pass a function's addrss to DLL's function, so that DLL can call back PB's function. Chia, PB does not support callbacks. The next best thing you can do it create a C++ user object using the Watcom C++ Class Builder that ships with PB Enterprise -- have that object handle the callback. -- pbm_hopethishelps, Roy Kiesler [TeamPS] chia <chia@mail.jlce.edu.cn> wrote in message news:eEj7X6qd#GA.116@forums.sybase.com... > How to pass a function's addrss to DLL's function, > so that DLL can call back PB's function. > > A ...

MS SQL Server 6.5 to MS SQL Server 2000
We are migrating from MS SQL Server 6.5 to MS SQL Server 2000. We are using a Native connections and would like to know if there are any issues that we should be aware to do this correctly. TIA Adam Shepherd Are you sure about that? I have not experienced (or heard of) that kind of problem w/ 7.0. There are many other reasons why a table san is performed, but I don't think a numeric data type would cause it... Or are you talking about the PB problem of sending an Integer as 1. -- Kim Berghall Sisu Group, Inc. remove no_spam. no_spam.kberghall@sisugrp.com www.sisugrp...

Web resources about - How do I pass a retrieval argument to a datawindow's computed field that is a user defined function in MS SQL Server 2000 - sybase.powerbuilder.general