How Can I handle a PB Application from another Windows Application

Hy Guys,

I have a big problem, I don't know how handle an Application created by PB
from another application.
I. E.How can I launch the an event or a global function or get some
properties value?

Thanks.
    Stefano Giostra.

0
Sergej

You can trigger user events mapped to pbm_custom01-pbm_custom75 by using the
SendMessage Win32 API using message IDs between 1024 and 1098, respectively.
You will need to use the FindWindow API to get the handle of the main window
of the application you want to "talk" to.

--
pbm_hopethishelps,
Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase]

"Sergej Orloff" <s.giostra@ads.it> wrote in message
> Hy Guys,
>
> I have a big problem, I don't know how handle an Application created by PB
> from another application.
> I. E.How can I launch the an event or a global function or get some
> properties value?
>
> Thanks.
>     Stefano Giostra.

0
Roy

can we run another application from a PB application
Can anybody tell me if its possible to run a second PB application from an already running PB application? If yes, then is there any way to terminate the first application and continue with the second? Thanks, Menka Gupta Corsair Communications, Inc. Run("secondapp.exe") Halt Close S Rivankar Menka Gupta wrote in message <3846D57A.FE3778BB@corsair.com>... >Can anybody tell me if its possible to run a second PB application from >an already running PB application? > >If yes, then is there any way to terminate the first application and >con...

Powerbuilder application "crashing" another powerbuilder application
This is a repost of the above subject since there has been some problem for messages posted on the 19th - 22nd July 2002. *************** Hi All, I have an application (App A)built using PB7.0.3 build 10077 and it seems to work fine. However, recently, another application (App B) built using PB 7.0.3 build 10047 as well was installed and it seems to trigger Dr Watson on App A. There is an embedded OCX on a "main" window on App A, which receives triggers from external applications. The OCX will then call another function sitting on another main window. That function w...

Run PB application from any another application
is it possible to execute and pass a value to a Powerbuilder application from any other application ? any input is greatly appreciated. If the other application has the ability to start applications. To pass a value, you can add command line arguments to your run script, look at commandparm() function in PB for getting those values. You can also use the windows SendMessage API call to trigger events on windows/application. <Julie> wrote in message news:4048e90b.6e7e.846930886@sybase.com... > is it possible to execute and pass a value to a Powerbuilder > applicatio...

How i call windows application in web application without using dll of windows application
i want to call Windows application in web Application Without using dll of Windows application in ASP.net 2.0  hi!try this: ProcessStartInfo pi = new ProcessStartInfo("app.exe"); pi.CreateNoWindow = true;  Process p = Process.Start(pi); p.WaitForExit(); if (p.ExitCode != 0){//report error } orzeh  code less, think more!...

Opening a window from a running application on another application
Hi! An answer would be appreciated... * Is there another way to open the windows that belongs to different application (executables/DLLs) other than executing a DDE call from a calling executable (by having the launch pad executable serve as the "client" and the executable of the different applications being the "server" to establish the DDE communication so that windows that is contained within the executable's DLLs would be opened) ? * Someone suggested of having an OLE... How does it work if lets say I'm gonna opening a window from a running application on a...

PB Application to PB Application communication
I need to have 2 powerbuilder application be able to communicate with one another. A string is all I need to pass between the two applications. I tried creating a com object that I could connect to from both applications. This com object would basically store the information I want to pass between the two applications in an instance variable. One application would populate that instance variable, then notify the other application(through the send command) to go read the information in the com object. I created the com object fine and can call a function on the com object ...

How Can VB Application Trigger Events or [talk to] PB Application
Hi all I want to know - if applicable - How Can Visual Basic Application Call PowerBuilder Application to Run functions, Open windows, Etc -- Thanks in advance ------------------------------------------------------- Waleed Seada ------------------------------------------------------- Check out the use of OLE Automation in PowerBuilder, within the Application Techniques manual. On 11 May 2004 00:13:51 -0700, "Waleed Seada[BearingPoint]" <DSweetPrince@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi all > I want to know - if applicable - How Can Visual Basic >...

How to keep handle to another application from PB
I have to launch an application, say notepad, from our PowerBuilder Application and need to keep a handle to it. When the PB application closes the other one (notepad) should also close. Can some one tell me how to do this? Thanks in advance You can use the FindWindow ( ) SDK command to track it and the Send ( ) PB command to close it. <Paniraj> wrote in message news:4407ee5a.79a7.1681692777@sybase.com... > I have to launch an application, say notepad, from our > PowerBuilder Application and need to keep a handle to it. > When the PB application closes the ot...

How can I run another application from PB ?
How can I run another application from PB script and continue its execution after finish this application (NOT immediately after start) ? Thanks, Radko Najman Look at the CreateProcess() Win32 API -- it allows for this type of functionality. There are a number of posts titled "Run Command" in this forums that mention that. Roy On Tue, 13 Oct 1998 15:46:44 +0200, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.powerscript Radko Najman <radko.najman@ksprogram.cz> wrote: >How can I run another application from PB script and continue its >execution after finish this ...

Application to Application
Hi,  Curious on what different solutions there are for one application that is closing down to contact another application. I have the closing down applicaton sending something to the database and for the other application to monitor the database records, but I think that is a horrible solution. Another idea would be when the closing down application sends a message to the database for the database to then respond by sending a message to the other application, but that means the database would have to know where the other application is.  If possible, the security issue mak...

How can I launch other application from PowerBuilder and wait until the launched application terminates before continuing?
I need to write function launches the application specified by StringParameter with the command line parameters. The function should wait until the launched application terminates before continuing. How can I do it using PowerBuilder and Windows API ? mail: igorm@proactivityinc.com In article <i6rNFfSBAHA.203@forums.sybase.com>, igor@proactivityinc.com says... > I need to write function launches the application specified by > StringParameter with the command line parameters. The function should wait > until the launched application terminates before continuing...

can we use windows application ( .CSV reader) in a web application if yes then how
hello everybody ,          i wanna know that can we use windows application ( .CSV reader) in a web application if yes then how.  i have csv reader as an windows application , but i want to use it in a web application . please suggest me the way how to do it. if possible then please explain me in detail with some example. You can read CSV files with ADO.NET.  See the free CSVFileReader tool here:http://www.sellsbrothers.com/tools/#CsvFileTester Or read this blog post:http://weblogs.asp.net/donxml/archive/2003/08/21/24908.aspx D...

SQLCA works when application runs in PB not when application is run with Powerbuilder WDK.
Hi, My applications with out SQLCA run great through Powerbuilder WDK, my applications that contain SQLCA information doesn't. When I run the application in PB I get a splash screen and then the application starts. When I run it through PB WDK the splash screen starts and the I get a login box. No matter what I do it always show's up and when I hit OK I get the following SQLSTATE = 08001 error. How can I stop this from occurring? The SQLCA code and ini file are below. code: startupfile = "pds.ini" /* Populate sqlca from current PB.INI settings */ sqlca.DBMS...

Can i get the username from another pb application?
Hi, we have totally about 7 pb applications for a super user. is it possible to get the userid & password from another apb application if another pb application is running? no need to popup the login window for 7 times? anyidea? i heard that it will be solved by using DDE..any sample code will be better to understand.. Thx, Ramaprasath.V If you have a "super user", why not create a "super menu"? I mean, let the super user log on to an application in wich he chooses the application he wants. As long as he is logged on to the super menu, you can ...

Web resources about - How Can I handle a PB Application from another Windows Application - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Development application for Holt golf course land open for public inspection
The developers selling 350 dwellings on disused parts of the Holt golf course have submitted their development application for public inspection. ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Increase in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 19% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Increase in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications increased 6.2 percent from one week earlier, ...

Mortgage applications rise 6.2%
Home loan borrowers seem undeterred by the highest interest rates in five months.

Google pushing virtual reality applications
Google has been pushing its R&D into virtual reality applications and is looking to enhance YouTube with the ability to provide virtual reality ...