How can I create a OLE control by writing script instead of selecting on control panel?

I want to create a OLE control which names "test.testControl",How to?
I wrote like this:
OLEControl ole_1
ole_1 = Create OLEControl
ole_1.InsertClass("test.testControl")

but it failed.
0
a_icewolf_li

Drop an empty OLE control on your window.  I did this by selecting OLE from
the toolbar, clicking cancel on the dialog then clicking on my window thus
adding the OLE container to the window.  Click cancel again if the OLE
dialog pops up.  Next, in a command button I added:

ole_1.InsertClass("excel.sheet")

     When I click the command button, the OLE object of Excel sheet becomes
inserted in the OLE container on the window.

Hope this helps

- Joe Slawsky (NOSPAMFORME_jslawsky@planetdx.com)
www.planetdx.com
0
Joe_Slawsky

can panel control be used to create tab like effect/control?
is there a way to create a tab like control using multiple panel controls? Take a look at the AJAX control tool kit tab controlhttp://www.asp.net/AJAX/AjaxControlToolkit/Samples/Tabs/Tabs.aspx Jeev~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~If you get the answer to your question, please mark it as the answer....

Can't insert OLE controls. GPF when accessing
Hi all, I'm running PB 9 (6533) on Wndows XP and having problems when trying to insert OLE Controls. PB crashes when clicking on the Tab "Insert Control" in dialogue "Insert Object". PB 10 beta works fine and PB 8 crashes like PB9 (all on the same PC). Does anyone have any clue how to solve this? /Thanks! I am having the exact same issue in PB8 on windows XP. I noticed that no one had a reply so I was wondering if you were ever able to resolve the issue. Thanks ...

Is there a existing control or extender that can let radiobuttlist controls panels (or list of controls)?
Quite often, I need display a subset of controls on a form according to what user pick in a radiobuttonlist, for example, a radionbuttonlist with the following options 1, no 2, yes, email to me3, yes, mail to me when user pick 2, I need show please fill in your email : .... when user pick 3, I need showname :address :....... I can do this on server side, but it will cause page reload. Now I want to do it with Ajax, I want to know if someone has done some work on this, or there is something in Toolkit can do this thanks for help. These videos will get you going quickly: http://www.asp...

simple way to create a custom control (like Panel) that you can drag and drop other controls into at design time
Hi , I need to create one custom control like panel, for containing some other controls into at design time. I tried with panel custom control but I am not able to add other server controls to that custom panel control at design time. Could anyone please help me out.  Thanks Raghu Hi, You need to override CreateChildControls function. Inside the function something like this: TextBox T = new TextBox(); this.Controls.add(T); Bye.Wamba {WamBlog}Dont forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.This credits the member,earns you a point & marks your t...

User Control controls not created when dynamically creating user control
  Have created a user control for displaying and editing a dynamically number of values. The user control contains two labels and an edit box. When dynamically loading the user control I get an error when the control itself tries to change setting on the fields within the user control.   Why doesnt this work? It works okay if I dont load it dynamically but create a user-control-instance in the aspx-page but thats no solution.   Thankyou!     Here is my code:   ucDataValue.ascx   <%@ Control Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true&...

Creating a control that other controls can be dropped in
How would one go about creating a control that other developers can drop their controls in, like how a Panel works? Are there some links available? With .net 1.x there's 2 basic mechanisms. 1) Do what Panel does, and use the ReadWriteControlDesigner. This causes your control to support drag-drop exactly like panel, but also like panel, does not let you show any html around the area. Your control will always only look like a panel. 2) Templates. Make the area that will be editable be an ITemplate property. You can use this templated control designer I wrote to quickly set up the desi...

How can we access a control outside the update panel with an control inside the update panel
Take a very simple example, i have a button inside the update panel along with other controls and i have a textbox on the page.What i want is that when i click the button inside the update panel,it should update the textbox which is present outside the update panel.How can i do this?Prakash kumar To my knowledge you cannot update any control outside of the update panel.  If you want to update the control move it inside the update panel. Do you want to modify the text box with server-side code? If so, put it in its own UpdatePanel. Set the UpdateMode on the panel to Conditional. Then...

when loading a previously created record on to form, some controls are missing values(controls are depended on values selected in other controls)
Hello - I have created a page for Editing records.  this page will open up a chosen record and allow user to edit the data.On the form, I have 3 drop down lists.   The second dropdown list should fill values depending on value chosen in first dropdown list.  The third dropdown list should show/fill values depending on value chosen in second dropdown list.So taking this into count, i have several records with various data.  When I open-up/load a record in Edit form, only the first dropdown list has a value selected that was the pre-existing va...

How to do post back in a dynamically created user control [provided that update panel is in the master page of the page where user control is added] {B/C of FileUpload Control}
I have a register my scriptmanager and place the update panel around contenttempalte for my pages int the master page. Now in one of my pages i am adding some user controls dynamically. In two of my user user controls I have FileUpload control which will not work under partial post back. So I want's full postback for them How could I do that {Provided that i am on the user control,which is inside the page ,and page have the contenttemplat...

One log in control instead of three controls, Can I do it?
Hi, I have three types of rules (users) 1-USer 2- Employee 3- Manager At the moment each type has its own log in control beacuse I need to navigates each type to specific folder. Is there any way to use just one log in control and navigates users, employees and managers by rules ? Thank you create three roles in the system. Use each roles for the rule. Now use one login control. After validating user credential check the role of the user. now depending on the role of the user pass him to appropriate directoryVikram www.vikramlakhotia.comPlease mark the answer if it helpe...

Visibility control of Panel control and its affect on data controls
Thought I would toss this out here this morning and perhaps someone else had run across the same issue and had found a good way to accomplish what I want. First let me state what I'm attempting to do and the problem that I've run into.  GridView1 has a collection of rows in a SQL table that I want to present to the user. I've provided them the options of sorting and selecting only from the GridView control.  Orgionally, I had created a detail view that was being presented in Edit mode and then customized the layout of the edit item template to suit my needs.&nbs...

How can I get a pop-up control to release control of the panel that is popping up
I have a textbox with a pop-up extender enabled.  The pop-up is a panel with a listview.  I have the panel set-up with a drag-panel extender which works.  The only problem is that when the panel pops up, and I drag the popped-up-up panel anywhere, when I realease the mouse, it goes right back to where it popped up. Is there a work around for this? Jayhawker, This is a dragpanel thing, and it isn't a big deal, fortunately.  Think of your webpage as having a workspace; if the dragpanel is dropped oustide of the workspace, then it snaps back, but if it is dropped in...

OLE Custom Control vs. OLE Control
I am using PB 6.0, and am hoping someone can explain something to me. I created a Standard Visual user object based on the olecontrol class (referencing Word). This is called an OLE Custom Control, or at least that's what the properties window says. Why is this different than a regular OLE control? Why is the objectdata attribute not valid? Why are some of the events missing (i.e. close, save, and rename)? These events automatically are included in a regular OLE control. Seems odd to me that you can't inherit from the base olecontrol object, but then again, OLE in gen...

Can we use existing Server Controls to create Custom Controls?
Can we use the existing ASP.Net Server Controls to create Custom Controls? I am able to use HtmlTextWriter to make my Custom Controls. I want to be able to add regular ASP.Net server controls to create my Custom Controls. Is this possible? Can anyone provide a sample? Basically, you just need to inherit the control you want to use, like this: Public Class MyControl Inherits System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox Then you can override the methods you want and add code as needed. Peter BrunoneMS MVP, ASP.NETFounder, EasyListBox.comDo the impossible, and go home early. The str...

Web resources about - How can I create a OLE control by writing script instead of selecting on control panel? - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Consultation Document on the Methods for Selecting the Chief Executive and for Forming the LegCo in 2012 ...
The " Consultation Document on the Methods for Selecting the Chief Executive and for Forming the LegCo in 2012 " was a document published on ...

Voting Machine Caught on Camera Casting Ballot for Democrat when Selecting Republican - YouTube
**UPDATE.... I've heard many reports that this is "just a calibration issue." I will say this... when I went to page 2 and began voting for city ...

Selecting decor that will move with the times
What colours should I use in my home so that my d&#233;cor is neutral and flexible but not boring?

Clock ticking on selecting successor to Leigh Clifford at Qantas
With Qantas on course to chalk up its largest annual profit since 2008, the question now is whether chairman Leigh Clifford is looking to hang ...

More to selecting political background music than indiscriminate meandering
Gathering a song to use as a protest weapon can backfire.

Jackie French: Why selecting the right place for your plants is important
The secret of growing anything easily is to choose the best spot for what you want to grow.

Liberals begin 'super weekend' of selecting delegates
A race for the top job in the federal Liberal party gained momentum on Friday as rank and file party members began the selection process for ...

Boston Marathon bombing trial: Judge, lawyers face challenges in selecting jurors - CTV News
As the second phase of jury selection began in the federal death penalty trial of Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, it immediately ...

Selecting cabinet one of first orders of business for Trudeau
One of the first orders of business for any new prime minister is picking a cabinet. Who is likely to make the cut?

Agile Analysis, Self-Selecting Teams, TDD & BDD in Methods & Tools Winter 2014 issue
... for software developers, testers and project managers – has just published its Winter 2014 issue that discusses Agile Analysis, Self-Selecting ...