How can I count number of rows in each datawindow in composit datawindow then access and set item in each row in each datawindow!

------=_NextPart_000_004F_01C308EA.58A195E0

Hi friends,

I created a composite datawindow includes three datawindow. How can I

count the number of rows in each datawindow? (Rowcount() function can =
not

works). Also, I need access in each row then reset the value that I want =
in

each row in each datawindow. I use the property to access to get data in

each row in each datawindow, but the right value only happens in the =
first

row of each datawindow. It seems I used the loop access the value it =
doesn't

work. Indeed, It has the all data for me but just right for the first =
row in

each data window. Could you have any ideas, please! help me. I am very

appreciate and thank you very much.

Hue Le

------=_NextPart_000_004F_01C308EA.58A195E0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV>
<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hi friends,</FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I created a composite datawindow includes =
three=20
datawindow. How can I</FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>count the number of rows in each =
datawindow?=20
(Rowcount() function can not</FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>works). Also, I need access in each row =
then reset=20
the value that I want in</FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>each row in each datawindow. I use the =
property to=20
access to get data in</FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>each row in each datawindow, but the =
right value only=20
happens in the first</FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>row of each datawindow. It seems I used =
the loop=20
access the value it doesn't</FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>work. Indeed, It has the all data for me =
but just=20
right for the first row in</FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>each data window. Could you have any =
ideas, please!=20
help me. I am very</FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>appreciate and thank you very =
much.</FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hue Le</FONT></P></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_004F_01C308EA.58A195E0--

0
Hue

Use GetChild() method to get access to these datawindows.

"Hue Le" <hue.le@co-opnetwork.org> wrote in message
Hi friends,
I created a composite datawindow includes three datawindow. How can I
count the number of rows in each datawindow? (Rowcount() function can not
works). Also, I need access in each row then reset the value that I want in
each row in each datawindow. I use the property to access to get data in
each row in each datawindow, but the right value only happens in the first
row of each datawindow. It seems I used the loop access the value it doesn't
work. Indeed, It has the all data for me but just right for the first row in
each data window. Could you have any ideas, please! help me. I am very
appreciate and thank you very much.
Hue Le

0
Alexander

How can I count number of rows in each datawindow in composit datawindow then access and set item in each row in each datawindow! #2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0043_01C308EA.0E4861E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi friends, I created a composite datawindow includes three datawindow. How can I count the number of rows in each datawindow? (Rowcount() function can = not works). Also, I need access in each row then reset the value that I want = in each row in each datawindow. I use the property to access to get data in each row in each datawindow, but the right value only happens in the = fi...

Datawindow returns 1 row not 105 rows... Web Datawindow
Is there a special setting I'm missing to retrieve all rows in the datawindow control, The sqlselect statment pulls 105 from Microsoft SQL Server. But When I run the datawindow through debug it returns 1 row. Please help! Check RowCount after Retrieve. Yossi Dallal <jfinnell> wrote in message news:42b1b05f.467f.1681692777@sybase.com... > Is there a special setting I'm missing to retrieve all rows > in the datawindow control, The sqlselect statment pulls 105 > from Microsoft SQL Server. But When I run the datawindow > through debug it returns 1 row....

accessing datawindow in composite datawindow
Hi All, I have a composite datawindow d_comp having two datawindow d_first and d_second. Using code, i want to save the content of the d_first and d_second datawindow content txt format. Is it possible to save the content using saveasascii or saveas function ?? i was trying to use dw_comp.object.d_first.saveasascii(ls_temptxfile,"~t","","~n") but getting error... Thanks . -Brijesh Hi, if that is really a composite datawindow you should be able to get a reference to d_first and d_second using getChild(). You get a DataWindowChild which impl...

how to get the number of rows of a datawindow nested in another datawindow?
Hi All! Has anyone an idea how to get the number of rows of a datawindow nested in another datawindow? I have a datastore l_ds = CREATE datastore l_ds.dataobject = "d_invoice" l_ds.SetTransObject(SQLCA) li_rows = l_ds.Retrieve(... and so on I am able to access a value in the nested datawindow like this: l_ds.Object.d_items[1].Object.item_description[1] l_ds.Object.d_items[1].Object.item_description[2] l_ds.Object.d_items[1].Object.item_description[3] (d_items is the nested datawindow) But I do not know how to retrieve the number of rows of the nested...

how can I get or set property to a graph datawindow in a composite datawindow?
I make a composite style datawindow. There is a graph style datawindow in it. I can't get or set the graph style datawindow 's property like title, values.label and or so. the graph style datawindow 's datasource is extern data. I do it like this: datawindow dw_child dw_composite.getchild('graph', dw_child) dw_child.object.gr_1.title = 'hello' It failed! then I use this datastore ds_1 ds_1 = create datastore ds_1.dataobject = 'data_graph' ds_1.object.gr_1.title = 'hello' datawindow dw_child dw_composite.getchild('grap...

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

how to drag and drop one row from one datawindow and update the exist row in other datawindow ?
I liked to drag and drop a field (assume: name) from a row of one datawindow (dw_1) to another datawindow (dw_2), and also update the exist row in dw_2. Thanks for help. -- Best regards, Ridwan Goldbase Technology Visit our Homepage : http://www.geocities.com/Wallstreet/Floor/5251/index.html http://members.tripod.com/goldbase http://members.xoom.com/goldbase * Check out the Y2K (Year 2000 Problems - Millenium Bugs) Take a look at the Drag Drop entries in the help file. Basically, you need to turn on Dragging using Drag(Begin!). When you drop onto dw_2, the drag...

selected row in the datawindow to displayed in the other datawindow
hi iam unable to display the data which is selected data in one datawindow to other datawindow. thnaks deva see IsSelected functions and transfer those rows to the other DW Regards Vasu "Vasu D" <vasu@i-vantage.com> wrote in message news:sDZOLqlpCHA.187@forums.sybase.com... > hi > iam unable to display the data which is selected data in one datawindow to > other datawindow. > thnaks > deva > > > Hello Vasu D, Are u using shared dw's? In this case you'll only have to use the function dw_secundary.scrolltor...

get/setFullstate on an external DataWindow containing a DropDown dw doubles the number of rows in the dropdown datawindow
Hi, When we send a datawindow object containing 1 row and a dddw containing 5 rows to another datawindow control via get/setfullstate, the number of rows in the dddw is doubled to 10. Populating the (main) datawindow happened via an insertrow(), which caused the dddw to be retrieved automatically. Has anyone experienced the same behaviour? Thanks, Peter Annaert I saw this behavior when I had 2 different columns that used the same datawindow object for dropdowns. The workaround I used was to create a 2nd version of of the dddw dataobject, so that each column had a uniqu...

Is it possible to set some rows readonly and some rows updatable in a datawindow?
Dear All, Is it possible to set some rows readonly and some rows updatable in a datawindow? Thanks Joe There is no direct way to make a row read-only, however, setting all the columns to read-only causes the same effect. Three methods, 1. The easiest way is to set the Protect property expression to determine if a column is editable. Do this for all columns. 2. Set the tab order for all columns to 0 in the rowfocuschanged event based if the new current row should be uneditable. You will need to set these back when the row is editable as well. 3. Set the Display...

how can I get row number of datawindow?
I need Process row number of datawindow.which function can I use? thank you. <dw_name>.RowCount() will give you the number of rows. Hi, You use the function GETROW() of datawindow control. Hope this help. brgrds. Jimar ...

Displaying A Set Number Of Rows In A DataWindow
Hi all. I have a quick question in regards to datawindows in PB6.5. I have a couple of datawindows in a PB6.5 composite report that I want to display a set number of rows regardless of whether or not that many rows have been retrieved. For example: DataWindow A must show two rows whether one row was retrieved, two rows were retrieved, or no rows were retrieved. The reason I have to do this is that I am emulating a paper report that already exists and this section of the report has two rows now and I must keep the formatting consistent with this pre-existing report. Also,...

Web resources about - How can I count number of rows in each datawindow in composit datawindow then access and set item in each row in each datawindow! - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo