Help: Working simultaneously an application

Hi everybody !!!
I'm developing an application on P.B. 6.5 with three other guys, and we're
using shared pbl's over a intranet based on windows 98.
The problem is that we share the pbl's including the pbl with the
application object, so, when one of us run the application it becames
impossible to the others to save an object while the application is running.
We already tried to use multiple application objects, sharing the other
pbl's but having no success.
Is there anybody who could tell us the most appropriate manner of doing this
???
Thanks in advance.

P.S.- I hope that i've explained my self correctly because my english is a
little bit rusty, so, if you need more details ... please ... just ask :)

0
axp

Its better to use ObjectCycle or PVCS to manage the objects.In this way only
one person can modify the object at a time.Also it is better to have the
master copy in the network and have local copy as well(Also run your
application from your local drive).This will avoid the corruption of the
objects when one person is running the application and other person is
trying to modify the objects.
You can use PBSYNC utility to get the latest version of your objects from
network to your local drive.

Thanks,
Anand Kumar
axp <axp@mail.pt> wrote in message news:ANkzzv43$GA.306@forums.sybase.com...
> Hi everybody !!!
> I'm developing an application on P.B. 6.5 with three other guys, and we're
> using shared pbl's over a intranet based on windows 98.
> The problem is that we share the pbl's including the pbl with the
> application object, so, when one of us run the application it becames
> impossible to the others to save an object while the application is
running.
> We already tried to use multiple application objects, sharing the other
> pbl's but having no success.
> Is there anybody who could tell us the most appropriate manner of doing
this
> ???
> Thanks in advance.
>
> P.S.- I hope that i've explained my self correctly because my english is a
> little bit rusty, so, if you need more details ... please ... just ask :)

0
Anand
6/26/2000 4:39:29 PM
I think the easiest solution is to use checkin and checkout functionality in
library painter.
When you need to modify some pbl you simply checkout desired objects to your
local pbl.
The others developers can run aplication and you will be able to modify your
objects.

I hope it will works for you.

E.Papai
epapai@softip.sk

axp wrote:

> Hi everybody !!!
> I'm developing an application on P.B. 6.5 with three other guys, and we're
> using shared pbl's over a intranet based on windows 98.
> The problem is that we share the pbl's including the pbl with the
> application object, so, when one of us run the application it becames
> impossible to the others to save an object while the application is running.
> We already tried to use multiple application objects, sharing the other
> pbl's but having no success.
> Is there anybody who could tell us the most appropriate manner of doing this
> ???
> Thanks in advance.
>
> P.S.- I hope that i've explained my self correctly because my english is a
> little bit rusty, so, if you need more details ... please ... just ask :)

0
Edo
6/27/2000 7:59:26 AM
What you've said works, if the objects you're modifying don�t have
ascendants otherwise PB needs to access the ascendants and you cannot save
the objects. We tried the solution and it was what happened to us.

Thanks anyway ;)

Edo Papai <epapai@softip.sk> wrote in message
> I think the easiest solution is to use checkin and checkout functionality
in
> library painter.
> When you need to modify some pbl you simply checkout desired objects to
your
> local pbl.
> The others developers can run aplication and you will be able to modify
your
> objects.
>
> I hope it will works for you.
>
> E.Papai
> epapai@softip.sk

0
axp
6/27/2000 9:12:50 AM
Did you try it in the following steps ?
1. Create local pbl in your local disk, every developer must have own local pbl

2. Add this pbl to library list of your aplication.
3. When you need to modify object from shared libraries, then checkout this
object
to your local library.
4. Modify object in your local pbl and when you finished with modifying then
checkin
this objecty back to shared library.

I think it should work also with object with ascedants.

Edo Papai
epapai@softip.sk

axp wrote:

> What you've said works, if the objects you're modifying don�t have
> ascendants otherwise PB needs to access the ascendants and you cannot save
> the objects. We tried the solution and it was what happened to us.
>
> Thanks anyway ;)
>
> Edo Papai <epapai@softip.sk> wrote in message
> > I think the easiest solution is to use checkin and checkout functionality
> in
> > library painter.
> > When you need to modify some pbl you simply checkout desired objects to
> your
> > local pbl.
> > The others developers can run aplication and you will be able to modify
> your
> > objects.
> >
> > I hope it will works for you.
> >
> > E.Papai
> > epapai@softip.sk

0
Edo
6/28/2000 6:31:13 AM
Slight alteration to Edo's steps.
    1) create a local copy of all pbls
    2) make your local copy your active/current application
    3) create a checkout.pbl
    4) make sure your library path {for you local version} has checkout.pbl
first
        and then all the other pbls
    5) checkout from your network version into local copy
    6) get that working and tested
    7) when done then check it back in
    8) Now you need to copy the network pbls back local to get new fixes

    ** For Step 8 - I've created my own synchronize program {You can use the
        synchronize program that comes with PB} that compares:
            file names {anything missing gets copied down}
            creation date/time
            modified date/time
            size
            pb.ini application library path settings
            ** If someone adds a new library then they need to add to this
ini file
                so then when I synchronize it compares the application path
settings
                in my local pb.ini to this file.  If they are different then
it modifies my
                local pb.ini application path to the new one.
            Finally it makes my local pbls except checkout read only.

        ** to use this -- all developers need to have the same directory
structure
            And don't put checkout in the network directory otherwise it
will overwrite
            yours.   Some developers like to synchronize every hour others
could be
            days.

Edo Papai wrote in message <39599BB1.D9AEAC97@softip.sk>...
>Did you try it in the following steps ?
>1. Create local pbl in your local disk, every developer must have own local
pbl

>2. Add this pbl to library list of your aplication.
>3. When you need to modify object from shared libraries, then checkout this
>object
>to your local library.
>4. Modify object in your local pbl and when you finished with modifying
then
>checkin
>this objecty back to shared library.
>
>I think it should work also with object with ascedants.
>
>Edo Papai
>epapai@softip.sk
>
>axp wrote:
>
>> What you've said works, if the objects you're modifying don�t have
>> ascendants otherwise PB needs to access the ascendants and you cannot
save
>> the objects. We tried the solution and it was what happened to us.
>>
>> Thanks anyway ;)
>>
>> Edo Papai <epapai@softip.sk> wrote in message
>> > I think the easiest solution is to use checkin and checkout
functionality
>> in
>> > library painter.
>> > When you need to modify some pbl you simply checkout desired objects to
>> your
>> > local pbl.
>> > The others developers can run aplication and you will be able to modify
>> your
>> > objects.
>> >
>> > I hope it will works for you.
>> >
>> > E.Papai
>> > epapai@softip.sk

0
Anthony
6/28/2000 12:18:04 PM
FWIW, we have our checkout pbls (one for each developer) on the network.
This makes them part of the nightly backup and allows us to share work in
process (will my changes work with your changes).

Anthony Corbett wrote in message <#BsNywP4$GA.288@forums.sybase.com>...
>Slight alteration to Edo's steps.
>    1) create a local copy of all pbls
>    2) make your local copy your active/current application
>    3) create a checkout.pbl
>    4) make sure your library path {for you local version} has checkout.pbl
>first
>        and then all the other pbls
>    5) checkout from your network version into local copy
>    6) get that working and tested
>    7) when done then check it back in
>    8) Now you need to copy the network pbls back local to get new fixes
>
>    ** For Step 8 - I've created my own synchronize program {You can use
the
>        synchronize program that comes with PB} that compares:
>            file names {anything missing gets copied down}
>            creation date/time
>            modified date/time
>            size
>            pb.ini application library path settings
>            ** If someone adds a new library then they need to add to this
>ini file
>                so then when I synchronize it compares the application path
>settings
>                in my local pb.ini to this file.  If they are different
then
>it modifies my
>                local pb.ini application path to the new one.
>            Finally it makes my local pbls except checkout read only.
>
>        ** to use this -- all developers need to have the same directory
>structure
>            And don't put checkout in the network directory otherwise it
>will overwrite
>            yours.   Some developers like to synchronize every hour others
>could be
>            days.
>
>Edo Papai wrote in message <39599BB1.D9AEAC97@softip.sk>...
>>Did you try it in the following steps ?
>>1. Create local pbl in your local disk, every developer must have own
local
>pbl
>>
>>2. Add this pbl to library list of your aplication.
>>3. When you need to modify object from shared libraries, then checkout
this
>>object
>>to your local library.
>>4. Modify object in your local pbl and when you finished with modifying
>then
>>checkin
>>this objecty back to shared library.
>>
>>I think it should work also with object with ascedants.
>>
>>Edo Papai
>>epapai@softip.sk
>>
>>axp wrote:
>>
>>> What you've said works, if the objects you're modifying don�t have
>>> ascendants otherwise PB needs to access the ascendants and you cannot
>save
>>> the objects. We tried the solution and it was what happened to us.
>>>
>>> Thanks anyway ;)
>>>
>>> Edo Papai <epapai@softip.sk> wrote in message
>functionality
>>> in
>>> your
>>> your

0
Jerry
6/28/2000 2:52:56 PM
I'd like to thank you all for the help you give us.
We didn't knew that the library list was saved in PB.INI, now things make
much more sense ;)

Thanks.

0
axp

Application Unavailable, .aspx applications not working! Help, Please!
Whenever I make and run an .aspx application, this happens, but when I run an .asp application, it doesn't: Server Application Unavailable The web application you are attempting to access on this web server is currently unavailable. Please hit the "Refresh" button in your web browser to retry your request. Administrator Note: An error message detailing the cause of this specific request failure can be found in the system event log of the web server. Please review this log entry to discover what caused this error to occur. 1.) How do I get to the 'log entry'? 2.) A...

SQLCA works when application runs in PB not when application is run with Powerbuilder WDK.
Hi, My applications with out SQLCA run great through Powerbuilder WDK, my applications that contain SQLCA information doesn't. When I run the application in PB I get a splash screen and then the application starts. When I run it through PB WDK the splash screen starts and the I get a login box. No matter what I do it always show's up and when I hit OK I get the following SQLSTATE = 08001 error. How can I stop this from occurring? The SQLCA code and ini file are below. code: startupfile = "pds.ini" /* Populate sqlca from current PB.INI settings */ sqlca.DBMS...

Help Help Help Help Help Help

HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!

Help me. My Synchronization Application does not work. MobileLink has no response.How to build a comminucation betwon my Palm Application and PC's MobileLink?
My develop environment: ASA 80. CodeWarrior 7.0 PalmOS 3.5 The example CustDB is working. I create a new database, Start a MobileLink service with it. It's working too. Then I create a new project, use Embedden SQL. I try Synchronize it by this way: ////////////////////////////////// bool TRacerDB::PalmExit( void ) { bool ret = false; ul_synch_info info; ULInitSynchInfo( &info ); info.stream = NULL; info.stream_parms = STREAM_PARAM; info.user_name = USER_NAME; info.password = USER_PASSWORD; ...

Help with a Help application
 HelloI am looking for an application that can be integrated with my ASP.NET application to provide context sensitive help. When users navigate to different pages and click on the help icon, they should be able to see the help for the page they are on. The help text will be manually entered by a team that is not technically inclined.Currently, we have ASPX/HTML pages that holds the help information and link it from the header that has the help icon.Please let me know which products I can look at.Thanks! what I did: I put an help button on my masterpage....Javascript code on the maste...

Own Help in Powerbuilder Help
Hi all How can I get my Own Help into PB12 help? In PB 10.5 I put this into pbhelp105.cnt. But in PB12 there isn't a CNT in the Folder .../help. I found only HxK or HxC in the help folder. I have my own help instruction for Programmer. I want to include this in PB12 too. Have anyone a idea. Thanks. regards, Andr� Rust Actually what you are supposed to do is add this line to the [PB] section of pb.ini: UserHelpFile=myhelpfile.hlp The .cnt file is a type of index file that is generated by the help compiler. Copy your .hlp file into the ...\PowerBuilder...

Powerbuilder application "crashing" another powerbuilder application
This is a repost of the above subject since there has been some problem for messages posted on the 19th - 22nd July 2002. *************** Hi All, I have an application (App A)built using PB7.0.3 build 10077 and it seems to work fine. However, recently, another application (App B) built using PB 7.0.3 build 10047 as well was installed and it seems to trigger Dr Watson on App A. There is an embedded OCX on a "main" window on App A, which receives triggers from external applications. The OCX will then call another function sitting on another main window. That function w...

Help Help Help Help

help help help help

PowerBuilder application not working on EAServer
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-1-dub43fb6af4 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I have distributed PowerBuilder application that uses a proxy component to perform data access against the database. The first time the component gets called I get the following error message (copied from the Jaguar.log file attached): Feb 21 09:21:37 2006: [Thread-42] PB Unable to create session for n_cst_source_mgr Feb 21 09:21:37 2006: [Thread-42] PB Unable to create session for n_cst_source_mgr Feb 21 09:21:3...

plz help....Application Start is not working
a web application is running successfully on a iis server. i upload the updated version on web application dll. in that there is a thread which is being fired on application start. and i noted that the thread is not fired. further i noted that after uploading(overriding) the application dll, and after hiting to the site, application_start is not fired. my problem is that web Application already is running and I wnat to start a thread only once and that thread will keep on working after a regular intervials. and if the application stoped and than start, the thread once again started and ...

help- general use of web application
hi, i complete my first web application. after,setup,deployment and installing web application on server. how to know whether it is successfully run or not? how to make it for general use? plz give solution. thanks in advance. ...

I want to prepare help document for my web application like microsoft applications help?
I want to prepare help document for my web application like microsoft applications help? Is there a tool for building help pages ? Thanks There's a program called HTML Help workshop you can use... It's free but in my humble opinion it sucks... you may want to take a look at it anyway: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=00535334-c8a6-452f-9aa0-d597d16580cc&displaylang=en Hope it helps...

Web resources about - Help: Working simultaneously an application - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Facebook allows advertisers to target broad categories, precise interests simultaneously
Advertisers can now target Facebook users by broad category and precise interests at the same time using the Power Editor tool, according to ...

‘Fortitude’ to Be First Original Show to Premiere Simultaneously Across Sky’s European Network
... 29 to 20 million customers in the U.K., Ireland, Germany, Austria and Italy. The series is the first Sky original program to premiere simultaneously ...

Double Player for Music with Headphones Pro(Listen 2 songs simultaneously with headphones) for iPhone ...
Get Double Player for Music with Headphones Pro(Listen 2 songs simultaneously with headphones) on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, ...

Derren Brown beats 9 chess players simultaneously. - YouTube
This is a video cut from "Trick of The Mind" series aired in the UK. The clip here is taken directly from Season 1 Episode 1. This is one of ...

Game of Thrones to be broadcast simultaneously around Earth - which means 11am Monday AEST
If ever there was a way to stave off the back-at-work-Monday-blues, surely this is it. Well, it is if you have an understanding boss and Foxtel ...

Twitch Plays Pokemon: what happens when 80,000 people simultaneously play one game of Pokemon
An Australian programmer's self-described social experiment has gone viral with more than 80,000 people simultaneously playing one game of Pokemon ...

Chinese woman writes with both hands simultaneously - People's Daily Online
SHIJIAZHUANG,Dec.5(Xinhua)AwomanfromnorthChina'sHebeiprovincehasrevealedauniquetal

Why This Analyst Team Sees Cisco and Juniper Both Winning Simultaneously
24/7 Wall St. Why This Analyst Team Sees Cisco and Juniper Both Winning Simultaneously 24/7 Wall St. When one tech giant is given a positive ...

Intel’s upcoming Skylake processors will simultaneously support three 4K monitors at 60Hz
... about Mac , Intel , and 4k continue reading at 9to5Mac . What do you think? Discuss "Intel’s upcoming Skylake processors will simultaneously ...

'Bonnie & Clyde' Miniseries to Run Simultaneously on A&E, History and Lifetime
A&E Networks will run its upcoming "Bonnie & Clyde" miniseries simultaneously on Lifetime, History and A&E later this year, the company plans ...