Help! Printing datawindow (reports) to a text file

I am documenting a system developed in PB5. (No they haven't migrated to 6
or 7 yet).  I need to include images of reports (datawindows) that are too
wide to fit on a single screen in the document.  This has caused me to have
to do multiple screen captures for a single report and piece them together.

Does anyone know how I can get a datawindow report to print to a text file?
Not just the rows, but the header band, summary band, groups, everything.
Essentially I want to dump the screen image (viewable at the time and not
viewable at the time) to a text file for editing.

I know I can save the file as a TXT file, but that just gives me data, not
TEXT and LABELS and Header band.

So if I could export a "live" report to a text file, that would solve the
problem.

0
Rob
3/16/2000 6:26:30 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.general 62418 articles. 14 followers. Follow

after retrieving the data, When you choose print option, check the print to
file checkbox, and it will ask you the name of the file
Ramses Palomo
CSSoftware, Inc. Guatemala

Rob Carpenter <rmcc@erols.com> wrote in message
> I am documenting a system developed in PB5. (No they haven't migrated to 6
> or 7 yet).  I need to include images of reports (datawindows) that are too
> wide to fit on a single screen in the document.  This has caused me to
have
> to do multiple screen captures for a single report and piece them
together.

> Does anyone know how I can get a datawindow report to print to a text
file?
> Not just the rows, but the header band, summary band, groups, everything.
> Essentially I want to dump the screen image (viewable at the time and not
> viewable at the time) to a text file for editing.
>
> I know I can save the file as a TXT file, but that just gives me data, not
> TEXT and LABELS and Header band.
>
> So if I could export a "live" report to a text file, that would solve the
> problem.

0
Ramses

Help! Printing DataWindows (Reports) to file
I am documenting a system developed in PB5. (No they haven't migrated to 6 or 7 yet). I need to include images of reports (datawindows) that are too wide to fit on a single screen in the document. This has caused me to have to do multiple screen captures for a single report and piece them together. Does anyone know how I can get a datawindow report to print to a text file? Not just the rows, but the header band, summary band, groups, everything. Essentially I want to dump the screen image (viewable at the time and not viewable at the time) to a text file for editing. I know I...

Printing a report/datawindow to a file.
Hi, I have a problem regarding on how to print a report/datawindow to a file. I tried to use the Printer Setup option "Print to file" but to no avail since when I tried to open the file, it is unreadable. Anybody who can offer me a way to do this ? Thanks for your advices in advance. Jess Jess, The print to file option simply redirects the printer codes to a file, instead of to the printer. You will not be able to read the file unless the printer is setup as a text-only printer. If you are trying to get your DataWindow to a text file, look at the SaveAs ...

print datawindow to text file
Hi; I am looking for a way to print out my datawindow report into text file as the same layout as it is on the screen. The datawindow is sales info report in plain text. The group header contains salesman name, his/her email address, detail has all the order info of that salesman. If I can print out or save to the text file as the same layout on the screen, then I will import this text file to our email system which can read the email address and send correspondingly. SaveAs function only saves the rows without the layout I need. Thanks for any help as always. Randy &...

Printing Datawindow to a text file
hi, i need to print a datawindow ( any type, crosstab, grid, any ) to a text file dirctly, i used the object.DataWindow.print.Filename but it is giving the output in a damn way... how can we print it to a formatted text format or excel format ? ( not the save as method ) thanks, Hannah hannah; Just an option, have you looked at the SaveAs() function? HTH, Austin <Hannah> wrote in message news:24848A7C1CBE8B4E0053A6F685256D25.0053A71585256D25@webforums... > hi, > i need to print a datawindow ( any type, crosstab, grid, any ) to a text > file dirctl...

Print Report to Text File
Product: Infomaker 5.0 on WIN NT 4.0 I created a report joining two large tables and computed fields. I use SQL Select/Tabular format to create the reports. This is a very large report. I would like to ditribute this report as ASCI text file. Only option available to save this file as *.PRN. When I use the option save Row as file text I lose all the computed fields. I want users to further analyse this report. How can I save this file as Text file with computed fields. Thank you for your assistance in this matter. Raj.G. rajg@shaw.wave.ca Saveas HTML and then in your ...

print datawindow to text file
Hi; I am looking for a way to print out my datawindow report into text file as the same layout as it is on the screen. The datawindow is sales info report in plain text. The group header contains salesman name, his/her email address, detail has all the order info of that salesman. If I can print out or save to the text file as the same layout on the screen, then I will import this text file to our email system which can read the email address and send correspondingly. SaveAs function only saves the rows without the layout I need. Thanks for any help as always. Randy &...

HELP needed with printing to a text file
------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C1E0D7.83AE1920 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, Once again i have another problem regarding my message board lol. This = time the message board is fine but i have made an admin so that it will = read the contents of a text file where all the entries are printed to = and display them into a <textarea> so that i can easily remove/change = messages. Below is the code for the script... #!C:/Perl/bin/Perl.exe $password =3D "andy"; $path =3D "admin.cgi"; ...

HELP!!! How do the Composit Report saveas to the TEXT file???
Hi, We are using PBV6.5.1, we print the composint report or the other report format form the datawindow object, and how can we print the whole report transfer to the single TEXT file ? Which the text file that we can print under the dos mode. We really need to help! Thanks a lot in advance. YSC ...

HELP!!! How do the Composit Report saveas to the TEXT file???
Hi, We are using PBV6.5.1, we print the composint report or the other report format form the datawindow object, and how can we print the whole report transfer to the single TEXT file ? Which the text file that we can print under the dos mode. We really need to help! Thanks a lot in advance. YSC Two options come to my mind: 1. Get the handle of each report within your composite report (mind you, this is possible only if the report is composite, not nested) using the GetChild function. After that do SaveAs against every report and then merge all files ...

PD10 Report: How to print embedded file text?
I have created some procedures as embedded file objects in a PDM model and want to print the procedures as part of the database definition using the Report Writer. However, I can only print the description or annotation information and not the text of the embedded file. How to I print the text of the embedded file in a report? Thanks, John What exact version and build of PD10 do you have? Maintenance applied? What format is the procedure file? Is it Word? Excel? Is the procedure information tied to specific objects in the model, or is it about the entire model? If the lat...

HELP!!! How do the Composit Report saveas to the TEXT file???
Hi, We are using PBV6.5.1, we print the composint report or the other report format form the datawindow object, and how can we print the whole report transfer to the single TEXT file ? Which the text file that we can print under the dos mode. We really need to help! Thanks a lot in advance. YSC hi, ysc try saveascii function, but this not run try save one per one datawindowschild good luck ...

need help trying to print report to pdf file
the code work for diplaying report in crystal report viewer but when i try to print report to a pdf file i get error message parameter fields missing.  Thanks for all helpcode behind:--- ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------     Private Sub export_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.Even...

i installed datawindow reference for dw 2.5 but still the help file is not integrated into visual studio help file
i installed datawindow reference for dw 2.5 but still the help file is not integrated into visual studio help file. I would like to manually install the help files. How to do it? I know, I am using Visual Studio 2008. thanks vsv ...

i installed datawindow reference for dw 2.5 but still the help file is not integrated into visual studio help file
i installed datawindow reference for dw 2.5 but still the help file is not integrated into visual studio help file. I would like to manually install the help files. How to do it? I know, I am using Visual Studio 2008. thanks vsv sorry wrong group vsv "vsv" <vsv@nospam.com> wrote in message news:4741d69f$1@forums-1-dub... >i installed datawindow reference for dw 2.5 but still the help file is not >integrated into visual studio help file. > > I would like to manually install the help files. > > How to do it? > > I kn...

Web resources about - Help! Printing datawindow (reports) to a text file - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo