HELP NEEDED ODBC CONNECTION

I'm having problems with ODBC profiles, i can=B4t create or edit an ODBC=20
profile
in the profile Window, when i try to do this PB hangs up.
I'm working on an Windows NT SP6 and PB 702 C3.

I would appreciate your help,

Thanks in advance,
C=E9sar
0
iso

ODBC
Hello everyone: I deployed SQL Anywhere 9 and have set up DSN's to access the db properly. I have a need to restrict access to the database to "read-only" if accessing outside the main application. I am concerned about savvy users being able to link to the DB tables via MS access provided they know the DSN name. What I want to be able to do is: 1) keep the current DSN configuration but give the current user on the DSN "Read-Only" access 2) From within the authorized application, switch the links on all the tables to log in as another user and passw...

Need help with ODBC SystemDSN Connect (Error 1157)
Hi All, I just received the ODBC drivers for Sybase SQL Anywhere and immediately installed them on my Win95 desktop. I ran the ODBC 32-bit Administrator and tried to define a SystemDSN. The messages I get as soon as I choose the Sybase System 11 drivers are these: "The setup routines for the Sybase System 11 ODBC driver could not be loaded due to system error code 1157" "Driver's ConfigDSN, ConfigDriver, or ConfigTranslator failed: Could not load the setup or translator library" Can anyone tell me what I need to do here? Thankx, Sco...

Need help connecting to Teradata using DBI and DBD::ODBC packages
--bcaec5015d3940ad0504ae15d2e4 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=windows-1252 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Jeff, The following perl script is used to connect to SQL server database using DBI and DBD::ODBC modules. *my *$dbh =3D DBI->*connect*("DBI:ODBC:Driver=3D{SQL Server};Server=3D$db_instance;Database=3D$db_name;UID=3D$db_user;PWD=3D$db_= pass") or *die*("\n\nCONNECT ERROR:\n\n$DBI::errstr"); I used the same syntax to connect to Teradata but I couldn't connect. I have Installed the cli, teragss, and tdicu Teradata software pac...

HELP: Microsoft Query "General odbc error" connecting to ASE 15.0.3
Greetings, I'm trying to connect MSQRY32 - 12.0.6532 SP2 MSO to ASE15.0.3ESD#1 (8K pages) using ODBC on XP SP3, using ASE 15.00.00.325 2008/08/14 ODBC driver The System ODBC connection was created with defaults. Checking ASE, I can see successful login connection select @@pagesize sp_odbc_server_info select db_name() sp_odbc_tables The I get an error on MSQRY32 - "General odbc error" Any idea how to fix this? Thanks in Advance. Alberto > Greetings, > > I'm trying to connect > MSQRY32 - 12.0.6532 SP2 MSO to > A...

I need to connect to powerbuilder 7 to oracle 9 without odbc, through of drivers native ones of net9. Somebody knows like doing it?
Hi : I need to connect to powerbuilder 7 to oracle 9 without odbc, through of drivers native ones of net9. Somebody knows like doing it? I am inexperienced in the subject. find in db profile that they were drivers native of oracle 804 and 805. Drivers native of oracle 9 exists? or definitively I am due to connect to traves of odbc? thank you from chile You can use the O84 Oracle 8.0.4/8.0.5 driver to connect to Oracle 9. -- S.V. Software http://www.svsoftware.da.ru Home of SQL Builder Professional for PowerBuilder Download the Demo Version Now!!! Source code available ...

PowerDynamo and Open Client connections vs ODBC connections
Lance, Carson and Larry - Based upon a previous thread I posted regarding ASA and ASE environments for our website DB and the issues we were having, I took your advice and did the following: 1. Generated our website DB in an ASE 11.9.2 environment instead of ASA 6.0.2 2. Established an Open Client connection profile to the web DB instead of using ODBC. 3. Created an Open Client connection from the website to the ASE 11.9.2 primary database. Here's is what is happening now!:( - Please see the attachment! Summary: PD pages executing stored procedures under an Open Cl...

Need help translating dbisql connect string to jdbc connect string
I am not very familiar with Sybase database systems and tools, but have managed to install and use "dbisql" to retrieve data from a command line script like this: dbisql @options.conf @readHours.sql > clockPunches.txt The options.conf file looks like this: -c "UID=clockReader;PWD=********;ENG=tkcdb_image-2;DBN=krdb;LINKS=ALL"; I think we are using ASA SQLAnywhere. I have "jconn3.jar" and "jTDS3.jar" in my classpath. The database is running on a server called "image-2", and the the string in the "options.conf"...

Need help
Hi there,         Here we have got a asp.net application that was developed when database was sitting on SQL server 6.5. Now client has moved all of their databases to SQL server 2000. When the database was on 6.5 the previous development team has used oledb connections all over. As the databases have been moved to SQL server 2000 now i am in process of changing the database connection part. As part of the process i have a login authorization code. Private Function Authenticate(ByVal username As String, ByVal password As String, ByRe...

ODBC Connections with PowerBuilder
This is actually a follow up to my previous "PB5.0 Connection to Watcom DB." We upgraded the PB libraries to 5.0.04 and were able to solve the "The allocation of the connection handle failed" problem. However, the "The command extension block could not be allocated" still happens when: 1) Start a PB application with an ODBC connection and leave it running. 2) Start and end a second PB application with an ODBC connection. 3) Repeat step 2 24 times. 4) When the second app is started the 25th time we get the "The command extension block could not ...

General Help Needed
Hey guys and Gals. I have as process question. I am deploying an app on a server hosting web and database objects. Everything works fine but on one site, I have an export feature. When the size gets too big in the export it hoses the asp wp.exe and all other sites are stalled out. What can I do to fix this? The export feature is a hog because I am dumping to excel. .Csv can handle large dumps but I have a field that drops the leading zero and I have not found anything to fix that. So I'm stuck - Eliminate the Excel feed and save the server, Change the export to .csv and not worry abou...

Need help with ODBC
Hey fellows, I am using ASE 15.0 on Redhat Enterprise Linux. I am trying to connect to the database with C# code ( complied using mono ). I am having trouble figuring out the correct connection string. I know that I have to specify the odbc driver name in the connection string, and i am using some thing like this string connectionString = "DRIVER=Adaptive Server Enterprise;" + "SERVER=servername,4100;DATABASE=DBname;" + "UID=sa;PASSWORD='';" ; But i getting the infamous exception [unixODBC][Driver Manager]Data source name not found, and no ...

Help on ODBC connection
We have a sybase server on a Novell network. Currently I can connect to it by using isql, but failed to connect by odbc. The error message I get is: [DataDirect][ODBC Sybase Wire Protocol driver]Connection refused. Verify Host Name and Port Number. [DataDirect][ODBC Sybase Wire Protocol driver]Connection login time has expired. Has anyone had this problem before? Please help. Make sure you have proper hostname ASE resides on (Novell hostname), and proper port ASE listens. pv JP Xu wrote: > We have a sybase server on a Novell network. Currently I can connect to it ...

I need help about ODBC!
I tried to make my database on my PC. So I made database files with powerbuilder but, it doesn't exist numeric or number type. How can I find or make these data type ? or How can I make a database file with numeric or number type? I'm using PB6. In article <3730B404.5FEB3C97@ix.netcom.com>, yoonsj@ix.netcom.com says... > I tried to make my database on my PC. > So I made database files with powerbuilder but, it doesn't exist numeric > or number type. > How can I find or make these data type ? or How can I make a database > file with numeric...

need help again for ODBC
Hello I am new for infomaker. I did install infomaker version 6 (32bit)and i am using Remedy. I did install the Remedy ODBC drive to connect our database. When i did click the database painter, the error poped up and this program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down. i did click the detail and said IM 60 Caused an invalid page fault in module TIRPC 50.DLL at 0137:36001a84 Any input would be greatly appreciated. Pete pete@saionline.com ...

Web resources about - HELP NEEDED ODBC CONNECTION - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Kings Cross identities arrested in connection with murder
Two Kings Cross identities&nbsp;have been arrested in connection with the murder of a man at Sydney hotel.

Faith: Spirits lift in connection with home
We need to more adequately understand the spirituality of our unique place on earth.

... of Emergency Services) On Wednesday evening, California Governor Jerry Brown declared a state of emergency in Los Angeles County in connection ...

Report: Man arrested in connection with Ashley Olsen's murder
Italian media agency reports that a non-EU male has been arrested in the murder of the 35-year-old American

Toyota and Kymeta rely on satellites to power this Mirai's data connection
They're hoping to achieve gigabit wireless speeds within the next few years.